Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. (14058 Views)

4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria / What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Herbicide For Cassava Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by paulseyi: 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hi my name is Paul, i need your help. i am acquired 1000 acres of land for 5 years. i want to use this maize for 5 years. i will growth maize and soybean.
i am thinking of using herbicide to kill the weed on the soil during growing maize plant. these product will be export to Europe.

My Question is this?
1. Do herbicide have side effect on maize seed?

2. Do you advice me to use man power to weed ?

3. is there any disadvantages for soil if i use herbicide to kill the weed.?

please your contribution is very vital to me. i need your help.

Regard
Paul
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by youngzoologist: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello, youngzoologist
paulseyi:
Hi my name is Paul, i need your help. i am acquired 1000 acres of land for 5 years. i want to use this maize for 5 years. i will growth maize and soybean.
i am thinking of using herbicide to kill the weed on the soil during growing maize plant. these product will be export to Europe.

My Question is this?

Regard
Paul
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by femnet29(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
I am an Agricultural consultant u can call me on 08066725994 for further discussion so as too enlighten you on the above question
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Chrisiyked: 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hi Mr Paul,
1. The herbicide has to be applied two days after planting else it will kill the seeds.
2. Yes you will have to use man power for weeding right before the 2nd application. Because using herbicide at this point will be harmful on the maize plant.
3. As for the harmful effect on the soil research is still ongoing. But by and large youre a business man and u need to reduce expenses. Weeding in itself is expensive doing it more than once will be expensive.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Tcfarmers: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hi there,

first of all u have to identify what kind of weeds u have ? Type of grass, broadleaves and annual
so u can easily choose what u are going to spray.

for example we have morning glory and sicklepod population and we use for
pre emergency herbicides containing Atrazine + Metolachlor u dont need to bring ıt fm europe ıt ıs available at Nigeria.
for post emergency u can use nicosulfuron also it is available. 2,4 d amin can be used before maize comes 30 cm height.

2 Likes

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
paulseyi:

My Question is this?

Regard
Paul

You can't export maize. It is on the export prohibition list. As per the chemicals, Tcfarmers has summed it up for you.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
paulseyi:

My Question is this?

Regard
Paul
you can grow maize without the use of manual labour which is very expensive and subject plants to mechanical injury. you can purchase xtraforce or 3maizeforce
for pre-emergence application. guardforce or stunner can be used for post emergence. just to let you know, I am a technical sales representative with Jubaili agrotec (a major manufacturer and distributor of agrochemicals). this chemicals don't have any side effect provided you adhere to the re-entry period and pre-harvest interval. you can reach me via email on technical.abuja@jubailiagrotec.com.
you can also visit our website on www.jubailiagrotec.com
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Donpuffy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
soil9:
you can grow maize without the use of manual labour which is very expensive and subject plants to mechanical injury. you can purchase xtraforce or 3maizeforce
for pre-emergence application. guardforce or stunner can be used for post emergence. just to let you know, I am a technical sales representative with Jubaili agrotec (a major manufacturer and distributor of agrochemicals). this chemicals don't have any side effect provided you adhere to the re-entry period and pre-harvest interval. you can reach me via email on technical.abuja@jubailiagrotec.com.

Hi, I used guardforce for my maize farm of 4 weeks old, less than 30cm. The maize has turned yellow. What could have happened? Its been 5days I sprayed the guardforce. I used 100ml per pump. Or it will turn yellow before it picks up back?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2017
Donpuffy:

Hi, I used guardforce for my maize farm of 4 weeks old, less than 30cm. The maize has turned yellow. What could have happened? Its been 5days I sprayed the guardforce. I used 100ml per pump. Or it will turn yellow before it picks up back?

I am surprised that the sales rep of Jubaili Agrotec whose post appears right before yours has not come to address this issue. Afterall, GuardForce is their product and is supposed to be a selective herbicide (Nicrosulfuron).
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by FarmTech(m): 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
soil9:
How can i buy ur products in Anambra?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Donpuffy(m): 2:36am On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

I am surprised that the sales rep of Jubaili Agrotec whose post appears right before yours has not come to address this issue. Afterall, GuardForce is their product and is supposed to be a selective herbicide (Nicrosulfuron).

Thanks o bro, the guy is a real coward ; I got his number and chat him up. I asked him this same question I asked above, though he was surprised that the chemical reacted like that and promised to get back to me but mehn, the guy just blocked me up straightaway .

My guess is that he is afraid of being held responsible for the damages and his wrong prescription.

But why will he do that? I only asked him questions not that I held him responsible for the damages.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Donpuffy(m): 2:48am On Oct 11, 2017
But, I want to tell him and everyone that the guardforce really surprised me.

It worked like magic, so superb. The maize has now turned green and very healthy, only the weeds are dying off. Guardforce is the best herbicide to use for Maize. I strongly recommend it because I've used and confirmed its action. It killed all the weeds(and all other grasses) in the farm

1 Like

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Donpuffy(m): 3:12am On Oct 11, 2017
Guardforce belongs to nicosulfuron family. Nicosulfuron kills all weeds but leaves only the maize. It affects the weeds through the leaves, stems and roots. It is not harmful to maize at all. Though you may experience yellowing of the maize 3-5 days of application but it will disappear by the 2nd week of application. I guess the yellowish coloration was caused by either overdose or short of rainfall at the period.

So I recommend you apply 70-80ml of the guardforce to a 16litre sprayer. 100ml can be too much.

Also, spray the chemical when you're sure of rainfall. Atleast it should rain 3-5days after application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Donpuffy:
Guardforce belongs to nicosulfuron family. Nicosulfuron kills all weeds but leaves only the maize. It affects the weeds through the leaves, stems and roots. It is not harmful to maize at all. Though you may experience yellowing of the maize 3-5 days of application but it will disappear by the 2nd week of application. I guess the yellowish coloration was caused by either overdose or short of rainfall at the period.

So I recommend you apply 70-80ml of the guardforce to a 16litre sprayer. 100ml can be too much.

Also, spray the chemical when you're sure of rainfall. Atleast it should rain 3-5days after application.

Glad to hear this. However, the sales rep should have come out to defend his product. He would doubtless have made more sales.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2017
FarmTech:

How can i buy ur products in Anambra?
call me on
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

hello, if u were the person that chatted with me and discussed guardforce. my apologies for not replying. i receive spam messages periodically
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2017
Donpuffy:

Thanks o bro, the guy is a real coward ; I got his number and chat him up. I asked him this same question I asked above, though he was surprised that the chemical reacted like that and promised to get back to me but mehn, the guy just blocked me up straightaway .

My guess is that he is afraid of being held responsible for the damages and his wrong prescription.

But why will he do that? I only asked him questions not that I held him responsible for the damages.
calling me a coward was mean. i am not a frequent user of nairaland. maize turning yellow after application of guardforce is rare. however, ensure you maintain an interval of atleast fourteen days between the application of guardforce and any organophosphate insecticides. secondly, ensure your sprayer doesn't have residues of previous pesticides. thirdly apply to maize that are not stress. the lists goes on. Always read the label on the product: it is very important. No company can be held responsible for damages to crops. the disclaimer is on all agrochemical products whether from jubaili or any other
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

Glad to hear this. However, the sales rep should have come out to defend his product. He would doubtless have made more sales.
tanx. but no salesman gets incentive for selling guardforce. even my grandmother can sell the products
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 11:12am On Oct 11, 2017
soil9:
tanx. but no salesman gets incentive for selling guardforce. even my grandmother can sell the products

If you were the owner of Jubaili Agrotec, you will not make this "I don't care" kind of statement. You have to defend your brand's integrity.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

You are twisting the presentation to be against the Jubaili guy. Have you based the customer how he used the product.
For example I supplied palm seedlings to a customer who gave them to his workers to plant. They planted without removing the seedling bag or worse removing the base. Now will the customer blame me when he had done the deed?.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
happybrother:

You are twisting the presentation to be against the Jubaili guy. Have you based the customer how he used the product.
For example I supplied palm seedlings to a customer who gave them to his workers to plant. They planted without removing the seedling bag or worse removing the base. Now will the customer blame me when he had done the deed?.

This is the problem with Nigerian businessmen. They are only after collecting your money and don't care about continuity of the business relationship by after sales service.

If customers used your product wrongly and call out your company, it is in your interest as the company owner or salesman to address the issues and correct the customers POLITELY, not avoid their calls or start blaming them and calling them names. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, even when wrong. You have to call the customers privately and address any concerns. Now only will they keep buying from you when the issue is corrected, they will recommend others and your sales will increase.

I cannot tell you how many new businesses and increased sales I have got from this approach. Don't just wave the customer off after collecting his money. Address any complaints about the product promptly.

That person you supplied seedlings to today may be in a position to request for seedlings to supply for thousands of hectares tomorrow. Even if he or his workers made the mistake, you think he will buy from you with the approach you are insinuating in the bolded statement?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2017
soil9:
calling me a coward was mean. i am not a frequent user of nairaland. maize turning yellow after application of guardforce is rare. however, ensure you maintain an interval of atleast fourteen days between the application of guardforce and any organophosphate insecticides. secondly, ensure your sprayer doesn't have residues of previous pesticides. thirdly apply to maize that are not stress. the lists goes on. Always read the label on the product: it is very important. No company can be held responsible for damages to crops. the disclaimer is on all agrochemical products whether from jubaili or any other
please don't mind them. They pretended as if they don't know that there may be a possibility of other chemical residues by the fault of the farmer interfering with the final outcome of Guard force.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

This is the problem with Nigerian businessmen. They are only after collecting your money and don't care about continuity of the business relationship by after sales service.

If customers used your product wrongly and call out your company, it is in your interest as the company owner or salesman to address the issues and correct the customers POLITELY, not avoid their calls or start blaming them and calling them names. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, even when wrong. You have to call the customers privately and address any concerns. Now only will they keep buying from you when the issue is corrected, they will recommend others and your sales will increase.

I cannot tell you how many new businesses and increased sales I have got from this approach. Don't just wave the customer off after collecting his money. Address any complaints about the product promptly.

That person you supplied seedlings to today may be in a position to request for seedlings to supply for thousands of hectares tomorrow. Even if he or his workers made the mistake, you think he will buy from you with the approach you are insinuating in the bolded statement?
[b]
stagger:

[/b]
stagger:

Stagger,
You may paint the picture to look as if you will accept a blame that is not of your making. Remember you are reporting and writing on what the customer said but have not cross-checked from the other side.
In my case ,I even spent my money to visit the farm and when I reached I could not see waste seedling bags so I started uprooting and behold it was intact with the seedling bag. Don't be on social media what you will refuse to be n real life!

1 Like

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by soil9: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
stagger:

If you were the owner of Jubaili Agrotec, you will not make this "I don't care" kind of statement. You have to defend your brand's integrity.
it is not "i don't care attitude". tanx anyway
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by stagger: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
soil9:
it is not "i don't care attitude". tanx anyway

Why you even see me talking here is because I intend to use GuardForce for my dry season stuff. So by allaying the other user's fears, you are also ensuring that others who may be interested in your product do not look the other way.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Donpuffy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
happybrother:

Oga, I wonder if you refuse to comprehend my statement or you intentionally want to take side.

I didn't blame the jubaili guy for anything. I only presented my case, asked if he has seen the guardforce reacted that way before and I asked him for the likely causes. Not that I held him responsible for the adverse effect.

He was really responsive but suddenly he blocked me at the middle of the conversation.

If you were the one, hw will you feel?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Donpuffy:

Oga, I wonder if you refuse to comprehend my statement or you intentionally want to take side.

I didn't blame the jubaili guy for anything. I only presented my case, asked if he has seen the guardforce reacted that way before and I asked him for the likely causes. Not that I held him responsible for the adverse effect.

He was really responsive but suddenly he blocked me at the middle of the conversation.

If you were the one, hw will you feel?

Please verify your post and mine .What you quoted was not referred to you but Stagger. How do you see it as taking side when I was referring to the two way of justice ?.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by FarmTech(m): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
soil9:
call me on
Can u email me the number?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by FarmTech(m): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
soil9:
call me on
Can u email me the number?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Newway2(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8hR4881IPQ

*Reduce Chemical Herbicides, increase pollination & harvest, save manual labour cost by using mechanical Mini Weeder Machine*

It's a:

*5 in 1: mini weeding machine*

>> *Grass brusher,*
>> *Weed Cutter,*
>> *Small trees/shrubs cutter,*
>> *Weeder*
>> *Rice, wheat, soya bean harvester*

Weeding & cutting of shrubs & small trees is a recurring & compulsory activities.

We were used to using chemicals herbicides or manual labour.

Good pollination is a prerequisite for bumper harvest.
Chemical herbicides ultimately reduces d potential yield of our crops by eliminating beneficial organisms responsible for pollination.

Using mechanical weeders does not present ds occurrence as weeds are organically controlled. Thus, d natural beneficial organism balance is maintained.

Due to these shortcomings of using chemicals, it's becomes necessary to consider d use of mechanical weeders on our farms.

D machines are not too expensive & d farmer will recoup his/her expenses in terms of farm labour cost with a short time.

D machines are also very very effective as seen from d video.

Farmers are enjoined to get one.

*Contact (08063249457) for your mechanical mini weeder machine*
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by OluchiDelly: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2018
Donpuffy:
But, I want to tell him and everyone that the guardforce really surprised me.

It worked like magic, so superb. The maize has now turned green and very healthy, only the weeds are dying off. Guardforce is the best herbicide to use for Maize. I strongly recommend it because I've used and confirmed its action. It killed all the weeds(and all other grasses) in the farm

Pls how much is the guardforce, and where can I get it in ife/Ibadan axis?
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Moyanbe(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2018
OluchiDelly:

Pls how much is the guardforce, and where can I get it in ife/Ibadan axis?
Its available at jubaili office in ibadan

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Grow Plantain Commercially / Plantain Suckers (hybrid) For Sale / Terrorists Demand N12 Million Levy From Zamfara Communities To Begin Farming / Nigeria To Begin Exports Of Zobo Leaves To Mexico, Says NASQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.