Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? (978 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Aiholi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
Most of their doctrines are an aberration to what we are accustomed to.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by engrMikemd(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
I guess u don't know their doctrine cos if you call it aberration I wonder what you will call...

anyways I blame Buhari
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by johnw74: 12:28am On Jan 22, 2017
No jw are not Christians

Christians are followers of Jesus Christ-God in the flesh:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

jw follow a jesus who was an angel, in other words jw follow a false jesus

Christians believe in one God

jw believes in almighty god jehovah, and mighty god jesus, two diffrent god's there.

Almighty and mighty are names for the one true God:
Gen_17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Deu_7:21  Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by orisa37: 3:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Yes, It's.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by edogho(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2017
johnw74:

No jw are not Christians

Christians are followers of Jesus Christ-God in the flesh:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

jw follow a jesus who was an angel, in other words jw follow a false jesus

Christians believe in one God

jw believes in almighty god jehovah, and mighty god jesus, two diffrent god's there.

Almighty and mighty are names for the one true God:
Gen_17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Deu_7:21  Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.

ur God, terrible
no wonder

1 Like

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2017

of all the Christians group, they are still the best and easiest to deal with

I've never voted based on religion but I will blindly vote for a jw and also blindly do business with them

the way they preach and thier Knowledge is top notch (not disturbing neighborhood with deafening-noise)

engaging in conversation/argument with them is refreshing for both parties

they are the only religion organization I won't consider a political tool

thier 'awake' magazine contain spiritual and amazing scientific write-up/discoveries

they are not obsessed about tithe

there place of worship is simply simple
there dressing is not too oldish yet they dress so well
they are more open to reasoning
you can never hear them say that 'my pastor said that'
they don't pray in the name of thier pastor
they don't worship or over exhalt thier pastor
they don't rely on hell as a mean of threateningly converting people

the only problem I have with them is thier refusal of blood in the face of death

if I will ever become a Christian, nothing less than a Jehovah's witness will worth it, even if I die as a jw and discover heaven/hell is not real i wouldn't feel any bad at all

3 Likes

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Jehova witnesses are not Christians.

They deny the divinity of Jesus Christ which is one of the major differences between Christianity and Islam.

They are heretics.

1 Like

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by aftatechbiz(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Its obvious many of you does not know who JW are and what they believe. Kindly visit their website to learn about them instead of relying on falsehood, rumours and misinformations about them. Visit: www.jw.org

1 Like

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Femich18(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Argument about one church or another? I don't indulge myself in it. Who are we to judge another denomination, claiming ours is better ?
All what I know is that God is diverse and he revealed himself in different ways to different servants of God... let's leave the judgement for God himself
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by paulGrundy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
aftatechbiz:
Its obvious many of you does not know who JW are and what they believe. Kindly visit their website to learn about them instead of relying on falsehood, rumours and misinformations about them. Visit: www.jw.org

Kindlly also visit www.jwfacts.com to learn about how they peddle falsegoods, rumours and lies.

1 Like

Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by johnw74: 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
edogho:

ur God, terrible
no wonder

Yes He was a mighty and terrible God to Israels enemies.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by ichuka(m): 12:35am On Jan 23, 2017
No,they are not.
Because Christianity is Christ.
Not just a way,method,practice or view but it's a PERSON!!!
They can't deal or comprehend with it realistically.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by edogho(m): 5:42am On Jan 23, 2017
johnw74:

Yes He was a mighty and terrible God to Israels enemies.
I want a terrible God to Nigeria's enemies jor. Leave isreal own. My country surely needs one. cheesy
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by stonemasonn: 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
JW's doctrine is more straight forward and very practical with little dogma as compared to other denominations/sects.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Aiholi(m): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

of all the Christians group, they are still the best and easiest to deal with

I've never voted based on religion but I will blindly vote for a jw and also blindly do business with them

the way they preach and thier Knowledge is top notch (not disturbing neighborhood with deafening-noise)

engaging in conversation/argument with them is refreshing for both parties

they are the only religion organization I won't consider a political tool

thier 'awake' magazine contain spiritual and amazing scientific write-up/discoveries

they are not obsessed about tithe

there place of worship is simply simple
there dressing is not too oldish yet they dress so well
they are more open to reasoning
you can never hear them say that 'my pastor said that'
they don't pray in the name of thier pastor
they don't worship or over exhalt thier pastor
they don't rely on hell as a mean of threateningly converting people

the only problem I have with them is thier refusal of blood in the face of death

if I will ever become a Christian, nothing less than a Jehovah's witness will worth it, even if I die as a jw and discover heaven/hell is not real i wouldn't feel any bad at all

Thanks
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aiholi:

Thanks
welcome, are you a jw? if you are - nice sharing same planet with you
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Aiholi:

Thanks
welcome, are you a jw? if you are - nice sharing same planet with you.
Re: Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion Christianity? by Aiholi(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

welcome, are you a jw? if you are - nice sharing same planet with you.

Thanks.
I attend a Pentecostal church

(1) (Reply)

Watch How Little Kids Are Praying And Speaking In Tongues(video) / Are There Supposed To Be Any Rituals In Christianity? / Sex Scandal: Christ Embassy Pastor Harassing Me –married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.