Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ormorteey: 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
guadete:
I would love sth in medical line......Nursing is the career option I would love to study but my fear is can dey consider someone who has a degree in project management or how do I go about it.

The civil Eng. and construction mgt are the related experience I have already.....incase Nursing doesn't go through.

Check University of New Mexico. It has a graduate program in Construction Management with an opportunity for research assistantship.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
TWoods:

You should consider putting this question to the CBP officer at the POE. I'm sure they will be only too happy to help you fill out benefit forms.

grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Allylic(f): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
please, what is the best route to Louisiana state (Baton Rouge) from Nigeria by air? And which international airline is cheap and good for this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheGreat342: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
PRINCEDAVIDD:

ATM bitibawo, sevis fee is 200 dollars the last time i paid, but has nothing to do with ATM, except you have to convert it in current naira rate to make your payment..
Note: payment are done either in one of the eco bank in cotonuo or here in the USA

I mean at the moment not ATM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheGreat342: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello,
Please, after paying the SEVIS fee, will someone still pay visa application fee and if yes, how much is the visa application fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
TheGreat342:
Hello,
Please, after paying the SEVIS fee, will someone still pay visa application fee and if yes, how much is the visa application fee?

Yes, it's #54,400 and you pay it at any gtbank outlet in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Allylic:
please, what is the best route to Louisiana state (Baton Rouge) from Nigeria by air? And which international airline is cheap and good for this?

It depend on your pocket because you can fly direct from Nigeria without stop over but it expensive

If you need cheap flight I can be of help with my affiliate account but I need to know your spending range or limit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Even though His son was arrested and killed a day before my birthday I will still give thanks to Almighty God for giving me the Grace to see another year..

God bless me more and more grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sweeny(f): 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
Happy birthday to you!
Walspring:
Even though His son was arrested and killed a day before my birthday I will still give thanks to Almighty God for giving me the Grace to see another year..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Happy birth celebration boss
Walspring:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Walspring:

Lol, but Good Friday does not have a definite date like your birth date nah. Next year, it may turn out that His son was arrested and killed five days before your birthday or after.

HBD to you, may all your endeavors this year be met with success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
Wait, where is Slimmy2005? Or did justwise give him life imprisonment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
Happy birthday walspring. Many happy returns.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by alexandersherif: 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
Walspring:

Happy birthday boss Mi...llnp...more blessing more joy....u are indeed blessing to humanity... Age with grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AfonjaBoston: 9:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
iyke03:
Please guys... how do one survive with a USA visiting visa

You will survive by losing your dignity, degrade yourself, used and paid like a slave, work "under the table", no benefits ( health, school,, tax, employment etc),
You will consistently be looking behind your back.

Trump or no ICE I don't understand why a "comfortable" individual will want to leave his origin country to go and be running around in another country illegally.

It is plain FOOLISH AND DUMB.

Take a minute and ask yourself why type scums of more developed countries eg USA will NEVER spend their hard earned money that they don't even have to go and "hustle" like sufferman in a foreign land illegally?

Na. People like you they give Africans bad name for this country

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iyke03: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

You will survive by losing your dignity, degrade yourself, used and paid like a slave, work "under the table", no benefits ( health, school,, tax, employment etc),

Trump or no ICE I don't understand why a "comfortable" individual will want to leave his origin country to go and be running around in another country illegally.

Take a minute and ask yourself why type scums of more developed countries eg USA will NEVER spend their hard earned money that they don't even have to go and "hustle" like sufferman in a foreign land illegally?

AfonjaBoston:

Is just a question trying to understand. And please don't act innocent as if you're clean

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
Walspring:

Happy birthday bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by funkyQuest: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
Happy birthday walspring.

My bosses in the house, please how long does it take for a document to get delivered using USPS via regular mail from Ohio to Delaware. My school sent my i-20 on Monday via regular mail but it hasn't been delivered till date. Thanks, in anticipation of your swift response.

cc Twoods, Walspring, happyday, femi321, Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adepaul419: 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
thanks a bunch
LagosNIV:

You are allowed to mis your interview and reschedule once - after that you will need to pay another fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abigalbee98(f): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
exxy:

Mississippi People, where una dey. which city una hide ?
pls can u send a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adepaul419: 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
good evening everyone, is it a must to dress cooperate for the interview?

cooperate i mean shirt,with tie and jacket grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
funkyQuest:
Happy birthday walspring.

My bosses in the house, please how long does it take for a document to get delivered using USPS via regular mail from Ohio to Delaware. My school sent my i-20 on Monday via regular mail but it hasn't been delivered till date. Thanks, in anticipation of your swift response.

cc Twoods, Walspring, happyday, femi321, Lagosismyhome

I'd anticipate 3-7 business days. If you didn't get it today, then look to get it by tuesday latest. On the other hand, you can request a tracking number from your school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
Walspring:

Happy birthday boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by funkyQuest: 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
TWoods:

I'd anticipate 3-7 business days. If you didn't get it today, then look to get it by tuesday latest. On the other hand, you can request a tracking number from your school.

Thanks for your response. It's not trackable because it was sent by regular mail. I'll look forward to getting it this coming week. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by exxy(m): 11:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
who's in Dallas this summer ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:28am On Apr 16, 2017
adepaul419:
good evening everyone, is it a must to dress cooperate for the interview?

cooperate i mean shirt,with tie and jacket grin

If you feel comfortable with that then it more than ok.....your response to the question is more of the focus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 16, 2017
funkyQuest:

Thanks for your response. It's not trackable because it was sent by regular mail. I'll look forward to getting it this coming week. Thanks
Yeah just like Twood said, wait for 7 days max..if its not delivered after 7days then contact your school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 6:01am On Apr 16, 2017
TheGreat342:

After making this payment. is there anything like visa fee during the process of applying for F1 visa?

Yes, you can pay visa fee at GTBank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Good morning all. I wish you all the Joy of this season. May you be filled with joy and peace. Happy Easter!
Please I got a little question to ask.
I am going for a 4 years undergraduate degree. But the time period between my program start/End Date is 5 years. August 2017 - May 2022; as written on the I-20.

Please what should I fill in the Intended Length of Stay in US on the DS-160? 4 years or 5 years ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bbdd: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2017
bigjustine:
Hi guys, i have a very big issue right now, my school stopped giving out CPT to international student, this was an issue from the department of nursing, so i decided to go ahead and work with a firm that deals with people with developmental disability, but the issue now is that, i worked with them for 1 month and they started asking for my green card even after i have submitted my social and drivers licence, so i decided to quit, but they have been calling for it. i told them i dont have it, the HR said she is going to report that to the DHS. I am just confused, i dont know what the result might be. i need help.
has anyone ever been in this kinda situation before?

Jisos! You started work without CPT clearance?? Nigerians una get mind o. KAI!!

I don't understand how anyone an take such a risk. If it's a backwater restaurant job in a sanctuary city in California, no one cares but corporate entities are neckdeep in legal and procedural protocol. You should NEVER EVER LIE

Anyway, If you're lucky, the company MAY ignore it because they don't want to draw the DHS's attention to the fact that they employed someone that was not authorized to work which will result in loss of millions and possible litigation due to one single reason
: they violated the 3 day rule that was enacted in the 1980's. Every employee must produce an authorization to work within 3 days of starting work. Heck most companies ask for it on the first day. Possibly, the cost of outing/reporting you to DHS is not worth the trouble of being on DHS's radar because of the current political environment.

Just call your pastor in Nigeria to begin prayer and fasting. Maybe that will help. wink
Actions have consequences afterall.

P.S THIS IS WHY THE REPUTATION OF THE SCHOOL MATTERS, DON'T JUST PICK A SCHOOL FOR THE SAKE OF COMING TO AMERICA. PICK A SCHOOL THAT GIVES YOU A FUTURE!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.