Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693173 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 5:12am On Apr 26, 2017
Try and search for the school name on Nairaland, u can get some help and I hope this help a bit
Bibiakonure:
Please guys i need assistance. Does anyone know any Nigerian in the university of new haven. Aldo guys what are your thoughts about the school if you have any idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bbdd: 7:04am On Apr 26, 2017
Analytics:
That school actually do not like blacks , plus Nigerians have had a bad record there too. My advisor got her Bachelors and Masters there, but she is white.

I know two Nigerians at Auburn and they're doing great. We can't generalize
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Analytics: 7:39am On Apr 26, 2017
bbdd:

I know two Nigerians at Auburn and they're doing great. We can't generalize
Doesn't mean they are friendly with blacks. they are only taking to fill diversity. We know schools that are black or international student friendly. Auburn is not one

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by duduafri: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello House,

I was refused F1 today based on 214B. I have visited the US twice and my family have also been to the US once. we have all returned form our previous visits.

During my interview, I noticed the VO asked me why my wife isnt going with me and I answered her that she wouldnt be coming with me because of her Job. she is currently focusing on her career and since i have plans to be visiting whenever the school is break.

After the interview, I researched on what 214b means and this prompted my to check our i-94 records online. I noticed that my wife's and son's departure dates were not recorded online and they have returned to Nigeria since March 4th.

Here are my questions?

1. How do I overcome 214b rejection despite being to the US twice and returned without overstaying.
2. What do we need to do to address the incomplete I-94 travel record for my wife and son as their exit date wasnt captured online.

Your prompt feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2017
udi2111:
Hello gurus in the house, I'll have been a silent reader of this thread,i must say may God richly bless those of you contributing immensely here. I really need advice from anyone who can help. I'm a bachelor's degree holder in electrical engineering with a GPA of 2.63/5.i intend applying to some university earlier mentioned on this thread which accept that GPA, although I'm still going to Take TOEFL and gre to boost my chances of admission. my intention is immediately i get to US, i want to quit the master's program and start nursing school in that same university or another university or community college.I'm applying for both the nursing and master's here in Nigeria at same time so that immediately i get over there i can start nursing.i will to know if it's possible,please anyone who have an idea should kindly contribute.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello all,
My friends wants to reschedule his GMAT exam date. Please if you have dollars on your credit card, help with it. The fee is $50
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2017
udi2111:
Hello gurus in the house, I'll have been a silent reader of this thread,i must say may God richly bless those of you contributing immensely here. I really need advice from anyone who can help. I'm a bachelor's degree holder in electrical engineering with a GPA of 2.63/5.i intend applying to some university earlier mentioned on this thread which accept that GPA, although I'm still going to Take TOEFL and gre to boost my chances of admission. my intention is immediately i get to US, i want to quit the master's program and start nursing school in that same university or another university or community college.I'm applying for both the nursing and master's here in Nigeria at same time so that immediately i get over there i can start nursing.i will to know if it's possible,please anyone who have an idea should kindly contribute.
You don't sound like a genuine prospective student. Elect engineering to nursing sounds confusing except you're just looking for an escape route. Mind you, if you think you can just quit a program anyhow, you'll be out of status and if you're caught, you'll see Muritala the next day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Vwederian(m): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2017
Gurus in the house...........My friend want to apply for M.A in English in the USA. Which of the US schools will accept a GPA of 2.46 without GRE. Suggestions pls. Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HakemAbdulJabar: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello,
Please I registered for the SAT Last month on 15. The test is schedule for 06 of may. I registered with my credit card but up till now my account hasn't been debited. is that usual?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BOLAUWA: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2017
12inches1:

Morgan State University is one of the good HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges) so there will be a lot of blacks there and a lot of Nigerians. Also there will be funding for the school because of affirmative action. However, the school may not be as good as many of the PWIs (predominantly white institutions).

Source:
I know a couple of people that went to the school.

My advice to people trying to pick schools? Follow the money. Go to the school that offers the best funding so your schooling can be affordable and you have less financial stress. Things are expensive in the U.S.

Going to a great school in the U.S is overrated. University is University. Except ofcourse MIT, Harvard, College Park, Yale etc.
Thanks a lot for your advice, e make sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2017
Yessssss help me thank God VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING IN LAGOS. 6:30am it was just God's grace. I'll post my transcript later. Big shout-out to everyone on this thread. God bless!!!

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tunnyz7:
Yessssss help me thank God VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING IN LAGOS. 6:30am it was just God's grace. I'll post my transcript later. Big shout-out to everyone on this thread. God bless!!!
Congrats, you can post your transcript so that others can benefit from it. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
Congrats Bro
Tunnyz7:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
Congratulations
Tunnyz7:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
shayhune:

You don't sound like a genuine prospective student. Elect engineering to nursing sounds confusing except you're just looking for an escape route. Mind you, if you think you can just quit a program anyhow, you'll be out of status and if you're caught, you'll see Muritala the next day.
thanks for your response. I'm a genuine students, my friend who lives in the US adviced to study nursing immediately i arrived that's why I want to drop elect engineering and start nursing. he told me its very possible but I still decided to ask gurus in this forum just to know how legit is it in order to avoid problems..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akandry: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello room can I use four months SOA to apply for US schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
udi2111:
thanks for your response. I'm a genuine students, my friend who lives in the US adviced to study nursing immediately i arrived that's why I want to drop elect engineering and start nursing. he told me its very possible but I still decided to ask gurus in this forum just to know how legit is it in order to avoid problems..
You want to Dump Elect/Elect and study Nursing...... undecided
Wrong Move!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
electronic:

Wrong Move!!
my GPA is 2.63/5 and to get a school that will grant me GA even with a high gre and TOEFL score is still almost immpossible or if you know any kindly let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
I know someone who did this and maybe they can guide you
but like everyone's concern, are you a genuine student? undecided
udi2111:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Please who knows about University of District of Columbia? I need to ask some question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
duduafri:
Hello House,

I was refused F1 today based on 214B. I have visited the US twice and my family have also been to the US once. we have all returned form our previous visits.

During my interview, I noticed the VO asked me why my wife isnt going with me and I answered her that she wouldnt be coming with me because of her Job. she is currently focusing on her career and since i have plans to be visiting whenever the school is break.

After the interview, I researched on what 214b means and this prompted my to check our i-94 records online. I noticed that my wife's and son's departure dates were not recorded online and they have returned to Nigeria since March 4th.

Here are my questions?

1. How do I overcome 214b rejection despite being to the US twice and returned without overstaying.
2. What do we need to do to address the incomplete I-94 travel record for my wife and son as their exit date wasnt captured online.

Regards,

Post the full transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dude dey think sai that way pure pass na grin
electronic:

Wrong Move!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
I hail you all my peoeple... Been a while on here o grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
Post full transcript. The problem could come from any angle.
duduafri:
Hello House,

Here are my questions?

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mzhorlah(f): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
pcbo:
This thread helped me to achieve my American dream ,hope it will continue to help my fellow compatriots achieve their dreams.
hello
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mzhorlah(f): 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
udi2111:
hello. please reply me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by funkyQuest: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hi all, please does anyone know if I'll still need to take passport photographs to the embassy after uploading it online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
cecemat:
Dude dey think sai that way pure pass na grin
I tire for the GUY!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kayvine4u: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
hello house,

has anyone received F1 visa recently with a VIU 1_20 form (aka virginia International University). Are they still blacklisted in the embassy, cos i know their standard has improved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
udi2111:
my GPA is 2.63/5 and to get a school that will grant me GA even with a high gre and TOEFL score is still almost impossible or if you know any kindly let me know.
A good option is to Seek a School that you can pay first semester fees (Worst case Scenario) and then hustle for an Administrative GA in the school from the fisrt semester.. You just have to search well...and then get info from people in such schools.
I believe you intend to pay for the Nursing Program right?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
kayvine4u:
hello house,

has anyone received F1 visa recently with a VIU 1_20 form (aka virginia International University). Are they still blacklisted in the embassy, cos i know their standard has improved.
why would you want to take the risk? well you can go and find out for us. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Bad school. Lost accreditation Sept 2016. Doubt you would be given visa with that school. Why don't u take your time and look for better schools in VA. Try George Mason university. They are both in fairfax.
kayvine4u:
hello house,

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.