Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (686517 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:05am On May 23, 2017
Hello,I need advice right now. Can a step father sponsor my education. Also the sponsor surname is different from my surname and can i used my step dad company bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:06am On May 23, 2017
Onicemus:

Oga before you say what you don't know ask questions... SAU offers undergraduate research on cyber security.. I took my time to go through their website.. smh , you think I formulated all I said.. who told you I wasn't ready to defend my question.. some people will just open mouth and talk anyhow ..
Undergraduate research?, yes... But getting a position as a prospective freshman, who will have absolutely zero input?... how stupid do you think we are?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Successjoy(f): 10:08am On May 23, 2017
Greetings to the house
Been a while here.

Please i need someone to help me pay for SEVIS fee at a cheap rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:11am On May 23, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Undergraduate research?, yes... But getting a position as a prospective freshman, who will have absolutely zero input?... how stupid do you think we are?

You obviously didn't read the question.. the question was why I choose SAU over all the schools that admitted me.. SAU has an ongoing undergraduate research in cyber security and software operations ..
I'm done replying..
my interview was yesterday and it was successful.. too bad y'all ain't no vo... peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:11am On May 23, 2017
Walspring can help u with that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:12am On May 23, 2017
Onicemus:

You obviously didn't read the question.. the question was why I choose SAU over all the schools that admitted me.. SAU has an ongoing undergraduate research in cyber security and software operations ..
I'm done replying..
my interview was yesterday and it was successful.. too bad y'all ain't no vo... peace
You said you would be working with professor xxxxx.... and that is just a stupid lie that was overlooked, now go and sin no more

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:14am On May 23, 2017
Onicemus:

I'm done replying..
"...I'll be part of an ongoing research that forcuses on cyber security under professor ..*** .."... Lie with caution. next time... where is Twoods when you need him

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:20am On May 23, 2017
Onicemus:

I'm done replying..
congrats bro and please dont reply irrelevant comments just thank God for ur visa and prepare to travel.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chim1di: 10:22am On May 23, 2017
234ng44uk:

I believe the young man saw everyone talking about research groups in their transcripts and decided to use that line too. He was just lucky. For the sake of others, don't say what you're not sure of, or lies that can be easily verified. The VO could have pushed him further with follow-up questions regarding that research and he'll crash.
Bros who told you em no dey ready to defend em self?
At times I reason why we Nigerians claim to know it all. Imagine you say em go crash like you know his abilities. My school get research for undergraduates too.. Meh una dey reason well before una type

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chim1di: 10:23am On May 23, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

"...I'll be part of an ongoing research that forcuses on cyber security under professor ..*** .."... Lie with caution. next time... where is Twoods when you need him

See this one. You're just dumb. Like the dumbest guy ever

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:26am On May 23, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
You said you would be working with professor xxxxx.... and that is just a stupid lie that was overlooked, now go and sin no more

Smh.. bros I said I'll be part of an ongoing research under prof *** I understand you can't comprehend things easily.. later

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:29am On May 23, 2017
segunojo866:
congrats bro and please dont reply irrelevant comments just thank God for ur visa and prepare to travel.

It just to correct what he said .. on a normal day I I won't be replying to some people .. I hate when people think they know it all.. it's very simple, if you think I lied, explore the school website shikina

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:33am On May 23, 2017
Chim1di:

not as dumb as you lots who fast and pray for a Visa, invoking God unnecessarily, and proceed to lie to a VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2017
chinemomah2020:

Congrats on ur visa.but y d XXXX state university. Y hiding it? U no want make others benefit? This place is meant to give info that can help others,its more than a testimony ground.

Don't mind them jare, we have talked about this XXXYYZZ and Bla..bla..bla thing and some of them are still doing it which is so annoying. i mean no body force them to share their transcript, we are all one big family trying to help each other and yet some individuals will come here sharing Bla..bla..bla and XXXYYZZ with the aim of giving back to the thread and i keep asking how can new comers/prospective student benefit from that? in my opinion it doesn't "make any sense" because you got all the details you need from this thread in achieving your dream goal and when is time to give back to the thread they start Speaking in tongues. Anyway, i rest my case and my Slogan still remains what is what doing is what doing WELL..

Shalom!

I guess they want to be the only Nigerian in their school. Or dey don't want others to benefit from what ever grants or scholarships given. Greed instinct!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 10:50am On May 23, 2017
I just want to thank the all the contributors of this thread, the way we young Nigerians help out each other on this platform makes me believe that there are still few good Nigerians.

I really really want to thank in a special way:

Lagosismyhome
Walspring
Mayflowa
Femi
And every other senior fellow who I can't remember right now.
I would be going for my interview soon, and I will not relent to also help others by answering their questions when my own visa gets approved by God's grace.
Thanks to you all for all the love and support.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:51am On May 23, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
not as dumb as you lots who fast and pray for a Visa, invoking God unnecessarily, and proceed to lie to a VO.
please sir, dnt blame people for fasting and praying for visa and still lie because we all re not perfect. God knws that we re not perfect thats why he still answer our prayers in such situation. My brother if u knw d level of poverty in naija u wont blame nigerians for fasting and praying to God just move out of d country to see other opportunities in life.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2017
Chim1di:

gbagam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:59am On May 23, 2017
segunojo866:
please sir, dnt blame people for fasting and praying for visa and still lie because we all re not perfect. God knws that we re not perfect thats why he still answer our prayers in such situation. My brother if u knw d level of poverty in naija u wont blame nigerians for fasting and praying to God just move out of d country to see other opportunities in life.
OK sir, Noted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nastydamus(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2017
I had my visa interview today and, thanks to the transcripts of others on this thread, I knew what to expect going in.

There was a heavy downpour that kept beating till 06:20am, after which we queued up to be let in.

I was interviewed by a lady on the extreme left hand side (facing the VO's).
I was her second interviewee for the day after she'd dished out a blue paper to the first person.

The interview:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: pass me your passport, i-20 and sevis receipt
Me: did as she asked
VO: so why Drexel University?
Me: I carried out an extensive research online for schools that would match my test scores and research interests, and two universities were a perfect fit for me - Drexel University and Unl.
VO: so you applied to the two?
Me: yes, and both offered me assistantships (not the full story sha, I'd applied to four schools in the Spring '17 admission window and got rejects from all four, didn't see the need to wake 'sleeping dogs')
VO: so why Drexel?
Me: I'd reached out to a professor at Drexel University who shares similar research interests with me and she was excited about the prospect of having me as her student. She urged me to apply and made me an offer as soon as she received my formal application.
VO: what course are you going there to study?
Me: I'm going to Drexel University to pursue a PhD degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, specializing in communications engineering
VO: I see you'll be there for 5 years with stipends?
Me: yes
VO: what was your first degree in?
Me: Electrical Engineering
VO: you also have a master's degree?
Me: yes, in Telecommunications Engineering
VO: what are your plans for after your PhD?
Me: I intend to return to Nigeria to take up a lecturing position whilst providing consultancy services when the opportunity presents itself
VO: congratulations on your funding, you'll be picking up your passport in Port Harcourt right?
Me: Yes

Thanks everyone, the transcripts on this thread are invaluable and I'll keep pointing my friends in this direction.
Goodluck to other Fall '17 F1 hopefuls.

On a side note, I saw a guy who came for his interview in shorts and sneakers, his interview was brief and he didn't leave with his passport. He was brimming with confidence and it worked for him, just saying.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chim1di: 11:05am On May 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:10am On May 23, 2017
Chim1di:

NO.. You're the dumbass here.. If you read his transcript you'll see he was prepared. Intelligence at work, he said his core for choosing sau or so was because hell be 'part of an ongoing ' brother receive sense. Comprehend it. He didn't say he was going to work under just a professor. He said under the professors research group. So brother no dey claim itk. You know nofin. He didn't lie whatsoever. If you're lie to manager your way, that doesn't mean others do. So Bleep your thoughts. Too bad you're not the vo. He got his application approved so deal with your intelligence bro. Read his transcript and see this guy did his homework well.
Go and sin No more my child grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:18am On May 23, 2017
nastydamus:
I had my visa interview today and, thanks to the transcripts of others on this thread, I knew what to expect going in.

There was a heavy downpour that kept beating till 06:20am, after which we queued up to be let in.

I was her second interviewee for the day after she'd dished out a blue paper to the first person.

The interview:

Me: I carried out an extensive research online for schools that would match my test scores and research interests, and two universities were a perfect fit for me - Drexel University and Unl.
Me: yes, and both offered me assistantships (not the full story sha, I'd applied to four schools in the Spring '17 admission window and got rejects from all four, didn't see the need to wake 'sleeping dogs')
Me: I'd reached out to a professor at Drexel University who shares similar research interests with me and she was excited about the prospect of having me as her student. She urged me to apply and made me an offer as soon as she received my formal application.
Me: I'm going to Drexel University to pursue a PhD degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, specializing in communications engineering
Me: I intend to return to Nigeria to take up a lecturing position whilst providing consultancy services when the opportunity presents itself
VO: congratulations on your funding, you'll be picking up your passport in Port Harcourt right?

Thanks everyone, the transcripts on this thread are invaluable and I'll keep pointing my friends in this direction.

On a side note, I saw a guy who came for his interview in shorts and sneakers, his interview was brief and he didn't leave with his passport. He was brimming with confidence and it worked for him, just saying.
first approved candidate for the day..

More too come.. More good news today.. My belle just dey swt ooo

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 11:22am On May 23, 2017
Zeng:
Good morning house. I have gotten admission to study Masters in Computer science at National University, San Diego. I have filled my DS-160 and booked a date for my visa interview. But I haven't paid the SEVIS fee yet.

1. My sponsor is in the US and she will be helping me pay the SEVIS fee. Can she use a credit card for the payment?

2. Considering I applied to a private, non-profit university, what could by my weak areas during interview? Mock interview needed please.

Thanks.

Please need reply on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2017
segunojo866:
congrats bro and please dont reply[b] irrelevant comments[/b] just thank God for ur visa and prepare to travel.
"Irrelevant comments" that would mislead other prospective undergrads to lie about joining a research team under a specific supervisor? He was just lucky, others might not. Please be advised to tread with caution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2017
nastydamus:

The interview:

Congrats, pal. Yeah I hear that one's outfit has no influence whatsoever on the VO's decision.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nastydamus(m): 11:28am On May 23, 2017
towbaynah:

Congrats, pal. Yeah I hear that one's outfit has no influence whatsoever on the VO's decision.

Yes o, but baba, my confidence level never climb reach there o, I'm not a fan of touching stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:35am On May 23, 2017
nastydamus:

Congrats and God bless your new journey
Nice school choice

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chim1di: 11:37am On May 23, 2017
234ng44uk:

"Irrelevant comments" that would mislead other prospective undergrads to lie about joining a research team under a specific supervisor? He was just lucky, others might not. Please be advised to tread with caution.
Be here reviewing person transcript wey dey don approve em app. GET BUSY ALREADY. grin grin
If you think he lied, explore the school website like he said

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:40am On May 23, 2017
towbaynah:

What works for A will not work for B ooo....and there are always few outliers

but at the end of the day , it is an interview and the rules of interview you dress smart in order to represent yourself well. It might be casual or business outfit but its best to look smart and not shabby

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by michael1385: 11:50am On May 23, 2017
Pls, must I go to embassy with letter of introduction.... because my sponsor is out of the country n the only thing he gave me is statement of his account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:57am On May 23, 2017
michael1385:
Pls, must I go to embassy with letter of introduction.... because my sponsor is out of the country n the only thing he gave me is statement of his account.

The VO does not ask about Letter of Introduction , only in few occasions do they ask for statement of account .....Check previous transcript . If you have his SOA that enough and it mostly for carrying sake

what you need is to go through previous transcripts and prepare well on frequently asked questions and sell yourself well .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 12:10pm On May 23, 2017
nastydamus:

Yes o, but baba, my confidence level never climb reach there o, I'm not a fan of touching stories.
lol just wear wah ur comfortable wf.. The day I went I wore a simple outfit too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.