Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693162 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I have to remove all my followers... this following feature is a bit much

You can't remove followers

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:55pm On May 25, 2017
biikeys:

I just noticed ooo......... grin grin, I couldn't see the remove followers button . Na wa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gunther6(m): 3:00pm On May 25, 2017
slimmy2005:
Gunther6, where art thou?

Oga mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
gunther6:

Oga mi
You still get my number?
Abeg message me.
I hear say you follow Trump go Europe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by WilliamKhan(m): 3:23pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Oya make we hear about your POE experience and what questions were you asked . If yours was like 1 minute in and out

Surprisingly nothing o.

Left Lagos by 11pm, landed in Frankfurt around 6am for a 3-hour stopover.
From Frankfurt to New York; JFK Airport.

I was asked what kind of Visa I had, I said F1. Then I Was directed to join a waiting line.

When e reach my turn, d guy ask for my passport and I-20, look am finish, come look my face like 2 times.

After that him say make I put hand for fingerprint scanner...then him stamp my passport.

"WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES."

SHEKINA!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ark4sunshine(m): 3:41pm On May 25, 2017
WilliamKhan:

Surprisingly nothing o.

Left Lagos by 11pm, landed in Frankfurt around 6am for a 3-hour stopover.
From Frankfurt to New York; JFK Airport.

I was asked what kind of Visa I had, I said F1. Then I Was directed to join a waiting line.

When e reach my turn, d guy ask for my passport and I-20, look am finish, come look my face like 2 times.

After that him say make I put hand for fingerprint scanner...then him stamp my passport.

SHEKINA!!!

I sent u a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2017
please if you have anybody that want to pay for sevis fees, I can help the person. am sincere not fraud just pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sylva91(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2017
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 4:01pm On May 25, 2017
Did I read you type last year exchange rate was is 150-200.... NO. This rate was for the year 2013/2014. Dollar ran up from afterwards. We will be successful by the grace of God.

successflow:
just wondering what this country currency will be next few years to comes, as at last year naira exchange rate was around 150-200/$ to purchased visa fees but today rate is 400/$. and one VO will now want to denied student Visa, no be small matter ooh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 4:03pm On May 25, 2017
TheGreat342:
Hello,

I just got my I-20. I don't know what next to do? Someone should please guide me on how to I can apply for f-1 visa and pay my SEVIS fee

Contact texrem to help you pay for your SEVIS fee with no hassle and comfortable exchange rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 4:05pm On May 25, 2017
Chapecoense:
GOD has done it. VISA APPROVED This morning 6:30am at Lagos embassy.
Eshe o BABA.
Transcript Loading....
Congratulobia

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:09pm On May 25, 2017
WilliamKhan:

SHEKINA!!!

Thanks for sharing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 4:31pm On May 25, 2017
Congratulations and I vividly still remember your moniker... Am so happy for you and make sure you keep that special xter of never give up ... As they say winners never quit and quitters never win..... You really show your doggedness and am so happy for you. #Respect #SafeTrip
gaviria:
Good morning all, I want to use this opportunity to specially thank God almighty for his grace and favor in the course of my US movement. And I want to thank Mr Seun (Shayhune) who helped me after my second Denial last week. He volunteered to help me through the whole process and mock interview. God bless you. And to everyone else that corrected me when I posted my transcript last week, thank you too. God bless everyone. After 2 denials (April 28 and May 18) I finally got my visa approved today (May 24). I went 3 times in less than a month, I wasn't going to relent because I'm not a quitter nor a dull guy although It's all the Grace of God. The 2 times I was denied, as I was leaving Walter carrington I went straight to a GTBank branch to pay the 64k again for the appointment. I told myself I wasn't going to quit and I'm going to the US whatever it took, the same way I told myself back then I wasn't going to any other school asides from Unilag when I left secondary school and people were discouraging me but I tried till I got my admission. Let me cut the story short. I chose the 6:30 appointment because I was told the VOs are always livelier in the morning and as such I should make sure I'm in the first 3-5 people on the queue inside. So I did that I was the second person to enter the consulate but by the time we got to the queue for the visa, I was third on the queue. So the fresh young guy VO called the first guy in front and the CGI guy told the girl behind him to follow him and queue behind him in front of the VO. So I was left in front, 5 seconds later I was called by a VO, mind you this VO was ruthless the last time I went for the interview. He was denying everyone that came to meet him that day, I guess he was in a bad mood or he only asked technical questions that the people weren't prepared for, I was praying not to get him that day but then I still got denied.lol. So as I walked towards him I just said "God take control". So he said Good morning and I answered Good morning and how was your night.
VO: Night was good and yours?
Me: Was alright too.
VO: So tell me what interested you in this school that made you choose it.
Me: My research interest aligns with that of a professor(Cuts me)
VO: What research interest?
Me: Embedded systems in power electronics.
VO: What is Embedded systems
Me: An embedded system is a computer system with a dedicated function on a larger electrical system (I just learnt that last night, didn't know what the research Entailed before last night, something just told me to google and know the definition of all the words in the research name)
VO: So what will you be doing with this professor?
(I didn't know what to say as I didn't prepare for that question)
Me: The research is designed like your mobile phone where all the electronic circuits on the motherboard in the phone have a dedicated function in a larger electrical system which is the phone in its entirety. (Na idea I use, that was just an example of embedded system wey I repackage)
VO: What school did you have your bachelors?
Me: University of Lagos.
Types for 5seconds and asks me to pick my visa in 3 days, I didn't expect it. It didn't last up to a minute and he didn't look at me once throughout, he was just typing and asking the questions. I was waiting for questions like "Who's paying"?,"What school and what course?", "What do you do now?. etc.
I'm very happy. I was confident and very calm this time because not being calm cost me at my last interview. I was the first person issued a white paper today at the Lagos Consulate as that guy in front of me was still with that fresh VO guy and so was the girl behind him. Thanks to everyone for their encouraging transcripts and words. It's God at the end of it all, I prayed to God and emptied my pocket in church last Sunday and told God to help me this week and he did. Let me stop my epistle here, sorry I'm used to writing epistles.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:53pm On May 25, 2017
successflow:
just wondering what this country currency will be next few years to comes, as at last year naira exchange rate was around 150-200/$ to purchased visa fees but today rate is 400/$. and one VO will now want to denied student Visa, no be small matter ooh

@bold.. You are talking of 2015 and not last year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 4:54pm On May 25, 2017
Congratulations man, but I was also like undergraduate with research interest already remembering moniker @234ng44uk warned against this few days ago.... My 2cents on this even, For undergraduate if you have a research topic, please just keep it and say another strong point. Another VO might not find the lamba(format) funny.

Safe Journey to trumpland. Congrats
Chapecoense:
Journey of a year comes to an end today. Its all been GOD. Today, GOD was evident, He showed me mercy and I now know its not by how prepared you are, you just have to have faith in GOD and believe.
Last night I knelt down on my knees and prayed to GOD to show me mercy that I should be favoured. Na so I reach embassy and waited along with many other people. na so one lady come separate NIV from IV. Passed through all necessary checks and finger printing and I stayed in the queue waiting for VO's to come. Na so window 3 open and one chinese guy call say his window is now available. I be wan enter window 7 becos the vo there just approved one guy. Very jovial VO. but na so dem usher me make I go window 3 chai.
na so I stand infront of the chinesse VO who shouldn't be more than 34.

VO: Good morning how are you?
me: Good morning, Iam fine and you?
VO: Iam great pls pass ur documents.
Me: slides passport and i20 to his window.
VO: typing.. What is bringing you to the US?
Me: Iam going to the US for my undergraduate degree in molecular and cellular biology which I will be studying at the university of maine for a duration of 48 months
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
me : I applied to 4 schools.
VO: name them
Me: ETSU, Umaine, Boston Uni and OSU( I said all in full tho)
VO: Of all these schools why did u pick Umaine.
me: Among all the schools I applied to, I chose the university of maine because I will have the opportunity to join an ongoing research under professor mellisa research group. The research focuses on the human JC polyomavirus which is.. (VO cuts in)
VO: Why will u talk about a research that does not exist. Moreover are u a graduate student? Why talk about research? pls say something else( He said this gesticulating).
Me: see wahala.. my heart come dey beat at this point but I sha compose myself and said
" I chose umaine because I discovered it offers top notch undergraduate mentorship programs and I had the chance to speak with some professors there and I found out that they are well experienced( I just weak as I talk this one.. becos I never in this world envisaged that i would say this lol and the VO's face was so straight, no smiling at all.

VO: did you do SAT?
me: no but I did the TOEFL.
VO: Did you do SAT? (he repeated)
Me: no but I did the toefl(I said again)
Vo: Why didn't you do SAT?
me: my school did not require me to write SAT.
na so the guy just dey type. He suddenly kept my passport and returned my i20. and he said
"Pick up your passport 3 days time and safe trip"
Me: thank you.

This could only be grace and favour. I just couldn't believe it after starting off so poor.
Special appreciation To GOD ALMIGHTY for making this possible, to slimmy2005 for sevis fee payment, adebimpe(will read ur transcript soon), Victor, walspring, neurosci, lagosismyhome and texrem for reviewing my transcript, and to my mum and dad who supported this dream and many others I didn't mention.
I say thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:56pm On May 25, 2017
Capitas7:

Sorry for the troubles. I'm not used to the PM messaging. On discovering it goes directly into the email, I had to change my email to the current one, after I discovered I wasn't getting a reply and you probably would have sent one.

I check my 2 mails and all their folders at least three times daily. Kindly reply the third PM. The earlier ones were sent to my obsolete email. Thank you.

All i can say is i replied all your pm and why changing email and not resolve the issues..

I just replied your third pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:57pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I just noticed ooo......... grin grin, I couldn't see the remove followers button . Na wa

I just unfollow and it worked for me.. grin grin grin grin grin

biikeys:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tosjame: 4:57pm On May 25, 2017
rattlesnake:
sell it angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tosjame: 4:59pm On May 25, 2017
Check my siggy for sevis fee payment
TheGreat342:
Hello,

I just got my I-20. I don't know what next to do? Someone should please guide me on how to I can apply for f-1 visa and pay my SEVIS fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:59pm On May 25, 2017
princeGee23:
Did I read you type last year exchange rate was is 150-200.... NO. This rate was for the year 2013/2014. Dollar ran up from afterwards. We will be successful by the grace of God.

Yes and also early 2015 too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 5:03pm On May 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Congratulations brother. You met God's favour, otherwise it would have been a different story. We've been saying this for a while now, that "research with prof...." is now overused.

Funniest thing was the way the former guy and his friend was attacking you... I just pray none of them learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tosjame: 5:03pm On May 25, 2017
Check my siggy for sevis fee payment
jvof231:

I checked the firstbank at vgc gate I was told SEVIS fee can't be paid in Nigeria, pls is there any other way I can pay cos Western Union can't be sent from Nigeria for noe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 5:07pm On May 25, 2017
Then say it and reference your i20 immediately but try to leave out the professor except they indicate the profs name on your i20 too... Best of luck.
onicemus1:

We get the point ma.. but in a situation whereby some schools have research for undergraduates nko? His school included the research thingy on his I-20 ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:07pm On May 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Everyone has their faith sha , My eyes caught this and I wondered if Someone can bribe God or Cajole him . .............God loves his children all and his will, will be done with or without money involved.

Our faith gets levels.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:08pm On May 25, 2017
cmbagwu:
@LagosismyHome @electronics. @walspring

Your continuous contributions to this thread has been wonderful. God bless you guys. And to those not mentioned, you all are the best. Thank you guys.

Let's give the thanks to God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:08pm On May 25, 2017
timmb:
Good afternoon great people doing great work... Pls my interview is coming soon.. I need someone to help me with mock interview. Pls!!!!!

cc: texrem, lagosismyhome, femi321, walspring et al.

Thanks

I wish i could but my schedules are tight.

Heykayxx:
Good day beautiful people,

I'm in dire need of a mock interview. Please help your boy.

cc: texrem, lagosismyhome, femi321, walspring et al.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:09pm On May 25, 2017
HeNeverFails:
Good afternoon great people of this thread. Please I want to know if I can fill my DS-160 FORM before going to pay for my VISA fee at GTBank.

Yes you can but save the ds160 code because you will need it to book visa interview appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 5:12pm On May 25, 2017
Abeg if you miss twood comment hit the like button may be justwise go fit help us trace Hin path.... He is been away for long, make him just say hello like Oga imperioux usually do once in a while.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:20pm On May 25, 2017
Chapecoense:
Journey of a year comes to an end today. Its all been GOD. Today, GOD was evident, He showed me mercy and I now know its not by how prepared you are, you just have to have faith in GOD and believe.
Last night I knelt down on my knees and prayed to GOD to show me mercy that I should be favoured. Na so I reach embassy and waited along with many other people. na so one lady come separate NIV from IV. Passed through all necessary checks and finger printing and I stayed in the queue waiting for VO's to come. Na so window 3 open and one chinese guy call say his window is now available. I be wan enter window 7 becos the vo there just approved one guy. Very jovial VO. but na so dem usher me make I go window 3 chai.
na so I stand infront of the chinesse VO who shouldn't be more than 34.

VO: Good morning how are you?
me: Good morning, Iam fine and you?
VO: Iam great pls pass ur documents.
Me: slides passport and i20 to his window.
VO: typing.. What is bringing you to the US?
Me: Iam going to the US for my undergraduate degree in molecular and cellular biology which I will be studying at the university of maine for a duration of 48 months
me : I applied to 4 schools.
VO: name them
Me: ETSU, Umaine, Boston Uni and OSU( I said all in full tho)
VO: Of all these schools why did u pick Umaine.
me: Among all the schools I applied to, I chose the university of maine because I will have the opportunity to join an ongoing research under professor mellisa research group. The research focuses on the human JC polyomavirus which is.. (VO cuts in)
VO: Why will u talk about a research that does not exist. Moreover are u a graduate student? Why talk about research? pls say something else( He said this gesticulating).
Me: see wahala.. my heart come dey beat at this point but I sha compose myself and said
" I chose umaine because I discovered it offers top notch undergraduate mentorship programs and I had the chance to speak with some professors there and I found out that they are well experienced( I just weak as I talk this one.. becos I never in this world envisaged that i would say this lol and the VO's face was so straight, no smiling at all.

VO: did you do SAT?
me: no but I did the TOEFL.
VO: Did you do SAT? (he repeated)
Me: no but I did the toefl(I said again)
Vo: Why didn't you do SAT?
me: my school did not require me to write SAT.
na so the guy just dey type. He suddenly kept my passport and returned my i20. and he said
"Pick up your passport 3 days time and safe trip"
Me: thank you.

This could only be grace and favour. I just couldn't believe it after starting off so poor.
Special appreciation To GOD ALMIGHTY for making this possible, to slimmy2005 for sevis fee payment, adebimpe(will read ur transcript soon), Victor, walspring, neurosci, lagosismyhome and texrem for reviewing my transcript, and to my mum and dad who supported this dream and many others I didn't mention.
I say thank you.

Congrats bro.. I wish am in Lagos now but no shaking entering Esan next month..

The VO who interviewed you is a fan of the thread because you dey always hail the VO nah the reason he use style for you, go and check google and you will see it. grin grin grin

As i always tell you say pray make God turn your mistakes to miracles..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 25, 2017
successflow:
please if you have anybody that want to pay for sevis fees, I can help the person. am sincere not fraud just pm me
u sure? Oludare texrem lagosismyhome walspring is this nigga a good fellow? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:24pm On May 25, 2017
Teedawg:

I tire oh when did undergraduate start doing research all of a sudden everyone is calling professors and researches when you're supposed to be learning 101
lol

the Vo must have heard enough research stories grin
please don't talk wetin pass your power oh if not you'll research for visa again ..

Lol....

same rubbish some people talked about got them visa while some it doesn't, that was why when doing mock to people i always tell them that i wont change what you wanted to say because you might be saying what the VO wanted to hear and i mistakenly change it to what VO won't want to hear so its better to say what your heart is telling you to say and have more than one answer for each question should in case VO hold your nose from breathing, try and use your mouth to breathe and get yourself back on your feet.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:24pm On May 25, 2017
oladave02:
Let me start by saying that grace and favour of God works and don’t ever go to that place without asking for it. Preparation is also key and you can’t afford to joke with it, you will simply be thrown off balance! I got there 5:10 am for the 6:30 am appointment and was hoping to see all the things people use to say on this forum. I didn’t waste much time, I approached the security as advised on this platform and he told me to wait till it’s time to call us in. Anyways, all the screening done and we moved inside the ‘power house’. Everything you guys said was true! I saw the windows and I think I was eventually directed to windows 5. I prayed not to be interviewed by that guy who wasn’t smiling at all. He denied the guy before me because I think his questions caught the guy unawares.
The chat didn’t last long, I think like 2 mins max because he didn’t give me time to download all I uploaded before coming for the chat grin grin grin

VO: Hi Good Morning and How are you?
Me: Very Fine, thank you
VO: can I have your documents?
Me: sure, passes it to him
VO: typing…..Why the course?
Me: the curriculum is such that it will provide me with requisite skill to manage my department well as a …..(Cuts in)
VO: What courses?
Me : Courses like healthcare concept, healthcare operations management and control, financial management and analysis…..(Cuts in again)
VO: why the school
Me: Aside being recommended by my father in-law’s colleague at work for good quality, my research showed a line of highly qualified and dedicated faculty members….(cuts in)
Me: 2, California University of management and sciences and university of Scranton
VO: Where do you work and what do you do?
Me :I told him
VO: What did you study and which school?
Me: studied chemistry at University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
VO: Places his fingers on something that looks like white paper and circled a portion and now said pick up your passport in three day time and that location.
Me: thanks a great deal.

That was it! Thanks to you all. All the DONS in the house, God bless you. I read part 10 transcripts and all on part 11. Please don’t stop doing this! Let the Visas keep coming! Love you all. God bless us All too.

Congrats and enjoy your stay over there..

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.