Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693308 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 4:25am On May 29, 2017
Congratulations to everyone who got their visas approved. Reading people's transcript gladdens my heart a lot.

Good luck to those interviewing soon too.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tundephish(m): 4:26am On May 29, 2017
nellyalph:

I don't know what you typed before Imperiouxx replied you but remove the pre-nursing kia kia. At the end, you will get Adn/RN. So don't confuse the VO and yourself.
Respect bro
Will let you guys know when I re apply. One love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 4:27am On May 29, 2017
segunojo866:
yes bro

Washington State is a very good school. You will enjoy it especially if you're passionate about geology.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 5:55am On May 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I was admitted into National University, San Diego, for a Masters degree in Computer science. My first degree is from UNIBEN, Computer Engineering. Please what do you think about my info?
GPA: 4.27/5.0 (Don't know the actual GPA cos I wasn't given by the school, but this is based on my own calculations)
GRE: None (not required by the school)
TOEFL: 107/120

Number of schools applied to: 1 (but I researched and made enquiries in other schools)

Why NU?
What attracted me most to this school is its unique one-course-per-month format used which will allow me to focus better on learning each course without distractions. Also the Computer science courses I will be taking will provide me with the knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in this field. The department also has professors who have been trained in some of the best universities in the country. (Don't have anything about research, not really provided on the website.)

Sponsor: My Aunt (who lives in the US but a different state)

Why I changed course: While studying in my undergrad, I realised that I enjoyed and did better in programming and software architecture courses. So I decided to focus on what I had better potential in.

Plans for after study: I plan to return to my country and develop software for educational use, interactive software that will enhance students learning.

Please rate. Is there anything I'm missing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 5:59am On May 29, 2017
Zeng:
Hi everyone, I was admitted into National University, San Diego, for a Masters degree in Computer science. My first degree is from UNIBEN, Computer Engineering. Please what do you think about my info?
GPA: 4.27/5.0 (Don't know the actual GPA cos I wasn't given by the school, but this is based on my own calculations)
GRE: None (not required by the school)
TOEFL: 107/120

Number of schools applied to: 1 (but I researched and made enquiries in other schools)

Why NU?
What attracted me most to this school is its unique one-course-per-month format used which will allow me to focus better on learning each course without distractions. Also the Computer science department has several professors who have degrees from some of the best universities in the country and would provide me with the knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in this field

Sponsor: My Aunt (who lives in the US but a different state)

Why I changed course: While studying in my undergrad, I realised that I enjoyed and did better in programming and software architecture courses. So I decided to focus on what I had better potential in.

Plans for after study: I plan to return to my country and develop software for educational use, interactive software that will enhance students learning.

Please rate. Is there anything I'm missing?

Why National University? Your profile is too good for such a school. I would shoot for a very good school if I were you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:05am On May 29, 2017
@RexCheeng

I dont think Justwise would like this very much .......

also if someone applies to a school and did not get in or get funding doesnt mean the same thing will always happen to the next person......vice versa. Someone might apply and get funding but the next could apply and not get

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dicapino: 6:19am On May 29, 2017
iCool:

cheesy cheesy

Help me make a choice then for Industrial engineering, I got admitted to all 5 -

Lamar Univ, Beaumont, Texas

Texas A&M Univ, Kingsville

Univ of Houston, Texas

Auburn Univ, Alabama

Louisiana State Univ, Baton Rouge

I listed in the order I was accepted.

If there is funding @ U OF H go there!! My five cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 6:20am On May 29, 2017
OjaP:

Why National University? Your profile is too good for such a school. I would shoot for a very good school if I were you.

This school was actually suggested to me. I figured I would easily get admission here then get a transfer to a different school, when I won't be choked up with work and trying to keep my application under cover. It took me months to do this application, which was simple compared to others I saw, just because of lack of time. I work from 8am to 6pm on weekdays and still work weekends, so even finding time to even apply and write the TOEFL was a huge stretch.

I think its too late to change schools now cos my interview is in less than 2 weeks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 6:33am On May 29, 2017
dicapino:

If there is funding @ U OF H go there!! My five cents

Permit me to send you a p.m
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rasengan02(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2017
iCool:

Permit me to send you a p.m
Can we talk privately? Say via pm or whatsapp?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 7:07am On May 29, 2017
Zeng:

This school was actually suggested to me. I figured I would easily get admission here then get a transfer to a different school, when I won't be choked up with work and trying to keep my application under cover. It took me months to do this application, which was simple compared to others I saw, just because of lack of time. I work from 8am to 6pm on weekdays and still work weekends, so even finding time to even apply and write the TOEFL was a huge stretch.

I think its too late to change schools now cos my interview is in less than 2 weeks.

I hate to say this but you really have to convince the VO for choosing a school such as the National University.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 7:10am On May 29, 2017
Rasengan02:
Can we talk privately? Say via pm or whatsapp?
I am available for p.m
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rasengan02(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2017
iCool:

I am available for p.m
Tried sending u pm twice but not going Tru.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HeNeverFails: 8:27am On May 29, 2017
Good morning house, please who has booked an appointment for June recently? Are there still available dates for June?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 8:41am On May 29, 2017
HeNeverFails:
Good morning house, please who has booked an appointment for June recently? Are there still available dates for June?

Abeg oh, someone answer. My I-20 doesn't come until Friday and I don't want to be stranded

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2017
adewotired:

Abeg oh, someone answer. My I-20 doesn't come until Friday and I don't want to be stranded

There should still be available dates.. I booked mine a week before I went to the embassy.. and Even when I was booking, I saw an available slot the next day ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 9:09am On May 29, 2017
HeNeverFails:
there are still date for june but no single date for july
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10am On May 29, 2017
segunojo866:

Maybe july is too far ahead so they have not opened or released dates for july...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 9:17am On May 29, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Maybe july is too far ahead so they have not opened or released dates for july...
mam, july is not far any more and u also have to consider i will receive my i20 and other document so i have booked in july and start making preparation. Am sure by august i will be in d united states. Thanks for response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 9:19am On May 29, 2017
I discover that there are few female f1 visa applicant. I dnt knw why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2017
adewotired:

I wonder why guys are saying no dates - I booked for mine two days to the interview and the next day was even available too as well as the following weekdays. Please ensure you're booking correctly. We don't want to unsettle ourselves with talks about dates when we should be preparing for our interviews. Good luck to those going in.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:04am On May 29, 2017
Chinewon88:

I wonder why guys are saying no dates - I booked for mine two days to the interview and the next day was even available too as well as the following weekdays. Please ensure you're booking correctly. We don't want to unsettle ourselves with talks about dates when we should be preparing for our interviews. Good luck to those going in.
yes. There are still date for june but what frustrating is that there no single date for july
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HeNeverFails: 10:06am On May 29, 2017
segunojo866:

Okay thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:06am On May 29, 2017
Please rate central washington university and also washington university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:10am On May 29, 2017
HeNeverFails:

Okay thanks
sir,hope u have paid sevis and do mock interview preparation because appointment date is not a problem but been prepared and getting ur visa approved
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 10:12am On May 29, 2017
OjaP:

I hate to say this but you really have to convince the VO for choosing a school such as the National University.

Good luck.

Hi Bro,

Don't be discouraged. All you need to do is be able to convince the VO about your decision for opting for National University. You need to have strong reasons that u can easily and convincingly sell to the VO.

Once the school is accredited, the VO has no reason whatsoever to delay your Visa.

Sell you strong points especially the reason for the school and what it will do for you. Be Bold!

Good luck to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:19am On May 29, 2017
oladave02:

Hi Bro,

Don't be discouraged. All you need to do is be able to convince the VO about your decision for opting for National University. You need to have strong reasons that u can easily and convincingly sell to the VO.

Once the school is accredited, the VO has no reason whatsoever to delay your Visa.

Sell you strong points especially the reason for the school and what it will do for you. Be Bold!

Good luck to you.
bro, a lot of people have travel to d united state with less recognized university than national university. So u stand equal chance like other student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RexCheeng: 10:28am On May 29, 2017
happyday:

How would this benefit people?

Sites like yocket and msinus use an algorithm based on previous profiles and admits to help suggest schools for intending applicants. Thegradcafe works in a similar fashion; where people post their profile and their admits for others to learn from.

I felt it would be beneficial if there's such a platform we can relate to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RexCheeng: 10:30am On May 29, 2017
princeGee23:
Will there be a way for prospective graduate students to spool past record?
Prospective grad students can access the spreadsheet. The link was posted in the last paragraph. That's the basis of the whole thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RexCheeng: 10:36am On May 29, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I dont think Justwise would like this very much .......

also if someone applies to a school and did not get in or get funding doesnt mean the same thing will always happen to the next person......vice versa. Someone might apply and get funding but the next could apply and not get

I get your point ma. Certainly, it would be unwise to draw conclusions based on a single profile. However, as more people catch up on the idea, it becomes a 'thing'. I can infer more accurately when I see a couple of profiles applying to a particular school and the trend that ensues.

Besides, the point isn't to view the profile and become complacent. Its more like a starting point to give folks an idea of where to start from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by indianeagle(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2017
This thread helped me to get some precious information. Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.