Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692941 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 2:37am On Jun 07, 2017
happney65:

Ahahahahahhahahaha..You wan kill me abi?welldonesir.. grin grin

You know I no fit and I no get power to do such
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Parko(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Good morning all please i am in need of a school in the US with a good funded nanochemistry graduate program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2017
Walspring:

Funny man gringringrin

How can the blind who cant see be able to read this thread.. Funny man you be no be small
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ehid123: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2017
successflow:

that's OK, thank so much.
please I need help i was sent a package through usps, for over a month now
The tracking number starts with LA I have not been able to track it again its been saying left our facility at Jamaica N.Y , i even called nipost they can't track it that I should keep on calling them, please I need an advice on what to do, the item in this parcel is important to me, please I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mac2016(m): 7:11am On Jun 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

@ Mac2016 add this to the list and write to some professors in the department . The school has Civil Engineering

@sirRiddy thanks for the headsup
Thank you, Sir. Seemingly, you are better contacted here than in ur private mail...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by superheavy: 7:11am On Jun 07, 2017
hellllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my people

I have been following this thread I think for the last three weeks.

visa approved yesterday at Walter Carrington!!! (7:00am batch) o boy see line like wall of China

Lemme just say what I feel about this US thingy is that it is GRACE and nothing else. In front of me was a family of 6 that were denied. (64,000 x 6)...not moin moin ooooooo

transcript!

VO was an advanced caucasian woman on the extreme right.

VO: with a huge grin on her face seeing a very small boy hahahah... ( I small sha)

VO: good morning, how are you and your parents?

ME: good morning ma'am...they are pretty well and how was your night?

VO: awesome!

VO: how did you find out about this program? (still with a large smile on her face)

ME: my lecturers in uni told me about this exchange programme nonetheless top shots in the culinary industry... (VO cuts in)

VO: I see you like flipping burgers and serving some pepsi

(in my mind: aunty this is not the issue now, oya do the correct thing...devil just whispered to me: you see that stack of fresh blue papers...lmao)

VO: what do your parents do?

ME: my mum is a bla bla bla and my dad is a bla bla bla bla bla bla

VO: *puts passport inside tray* and says " boy you didn't sign this part of your form...do you mind using my pen" ?

ME: absolutely

VO: okay so pick up your passport at this place and keep this form cos you'd need it at the point of entry

VO: enjoy the US and greet your parents.

ME: thank you ma'am... "runs out fist pumping in the air"

from my experience yesterday I discovered that the tall caucasian guy in the middle that always has a cup of coffee and that plump chinese dude that doesn't smile are the tough ones. The young lady at the extreme left is also very patient. okay, thanks bye.

PS: I appreciate everyone for their transcripts cos it really helped me prepare but I was never asked too much. If you want approval then be like me...have a baby face, be partially blind (use glasses) and be small...hahahaha...all the best to future applicants.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Vwederian(m): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2017
dephilosopher:
Pls is there anyone at southern Illinois university. I need to confirm if WES evaluation is needed for transcript in the school
Is it Edwardsville or Carbondale? For Edwardsville,no WES evaluation needed. I just got admitted for Spring 2018. But have not gotten assisstantship yet. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mecuzee(m): 7:41am On Jun 07, 2017
Pls how can I contact you? We need to pay sevis fee!

texrem:

read the thread from the page 7
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mecuzee(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2017
Walspring:

You know I no fit and I no get power to do such

Pls how can I contact you. We need to pay for SEVIS fee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2017
Just thinking of how I can have baby face so I won't have issues at the embassy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 8:42am On Jun 07, 2017
superheavy:

visa approved yesterday at Walter Carrington!!! (7:00am batch) o boy see line like wall of China

Lemme just say what I feel about this US thingy is that it is GRACE and nothing else. In front of me was a family of 6 that were denied. (64,000 x 6)...not moin moin ooooooo

transcript!

VO: with a huge grin on her face seeing a very small boy hahahah... ( I small sha)

VO: how did you find out about this program? (still with a large smile on her face)

ME: my lecturers in uni told me about this exchange programme nonetheless top shots in the culinary industry... (VO cuts in)

(in my mind: aunty this is not the issue now, oya do the correct thing...devil just whispered to me: you see that stack of fresh blue papers...lmao)

VO: *puts passport inside tray* and says " boy you didn't sign this part of your form...do you mind using my pen" ?

VO: okay so pick up your passport at this place and keep this form cos you'd need it at the point of entry

from my experience yesterday I discovered that the tall caucasian guy in the middle that always has a cup of coffee and that plump chinese dude that doesn't smile are the tough ones. The young lady at the extreme left is also very patient. okay, thanks bye.

PS: I appreciate everyone for their transcripts cos it really helped me prepare but I was never asked too much. If you want approval then be like me...have a baby face, be partially blind (use glasses) and be small...hahahaha...all the best to future applicants.

congrat ooo, trumpland all the way..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2017
Please for those that have gone to Lagos consulate:

My visa interview is tomorrow. I know some items were listed on the confirmation page as items prohibited at the consulate. Do I have to come empty handed apart from my documents, or is there anybody that helps people keep their belongings?

Make I know if I go just jeje leave my phone for house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2017
Mac2016:

Thank you, Sir. Seemingly, you are better contacted here than in ur private mail...

I am a female . I responded back to you immediately but yes this still d place i check more than the email associated with NL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djPyper: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2017
Zeng:
Please for those that have gone to Lagos consulate:

My visa interview is tomorrow. I know some items were listed on the confirmation page as items prohibited at the consulate. Do I have to come empty handed apart from my documents, or is there anybody that helps people keep their belongings?

Make I know if I go just jeje leave my phone for house.
you should go with just your documents but if you must take any of the prohibited items with you, there are people close to the entrance that can keep it in a secure locker for you at a cost of about 1k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2017
djPyper:
you should go with just your documents but if you must take any of the prohibited items with you, there are people close to the entrance that can keep it in a secure locker for you at a cost of about 1k.

Thanks for the info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Our geology friend didnt give feedback on his interview, I hope it went well. Segun something, always posting then

LagosismyHome:

I am a female . I responded back to you immediately but yes this still d place i check more than the email associated with NL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2017
OGreene:
Our geology friend didnt give feedback on his interview, I hope it went well. Segun something, always posting then

I dont think he has gone yet because he is targetting July but hopefully it all goes well....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2017
superheavy:

transcript!

Morning Bro,congrats to you and Pls I'll love to have a chat with you if you don't mind...i'm planning to migrate to the US too and will appreciate if you can give me heads up and the steps you took to get your visa granted

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmelix(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2017
cseejhay:

Send me a PM. What did u read at YCT?

hello ceejay how you doing? Sorry about the visa they denied you. I must say I really love the way you dealt with it.

and to others in these thread your input had been informative.

I too want to do my masters degree in the states have written toefl score 85; scored above 20 in writing,speaking and reading except listening where I svored 18. I was gona do the masters in canada (southern Alberta institute of technology) but I was 2 marks short in my listening so I opted outed and found a school in pensivania(PA) in usa. Prior to the discovering of these school in PA (lehigh university) I had a registration for transcript and certificate verification which I hadnt fully completed because I was waiting for SAIT to rwply my email for a conditional admission in there school, the mail came in and all indication was that am not qualified.

now that have gotten these lehigh university that my toefl score beats there bench mark, I went back to WES USA to try and register and make payment for there icap parkage- the system keep saying from there records I have a pending registration which I didnt complete, that I should click a link if I forgot my password. Please how do I go about it? I do I cancel the old registration that there records has and start afresh.

please I need help and advice on how to go about it, I tried writing them but not possible because I dont have refrence number. Please its urgent. I need to have my transcript evaluated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kayvine4u: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2017
hello house,

Pls does anyone have info about Lynn University in Florida? How is the school like and any chance of getting sponsorship or GA. Also, what is the cost of living in Boca Raton?

Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2017
Emmelix:

hello ceejay how you doing? Sorry about the visa they denied you. I must say I really love the way you dealt with it.

and to others in these thread your input had been informative.

I too want to do my masters degree in the states have written toefl score 85; scored above 20 in writing,speaking and reading except listening where I svored 18. I was gona do the masters in canada (southern Alberta institute of technology) but I was 2 marks short in my listening so I opted outed and found a school in pensivania(PA) in usa. Prior to the discovering of these school in PA (lehigh university) I had a registration for transcript and certificate verification which I hadnt fully completed because I was waiting for SAIT to rwply my email for a conditional admission in there school, the mail came in and all indication was that am not qualified.

now that have gotten these lehigh university that my toefl score beats there bench mark, I went back to WES USA to try and register and make payment for there icap parkage- the system keep saying from there records I have a pending registration which I didnt complete, that I should click a link if I forgot my password. Please how do I go about it? I do I cancel the old registration that there records has and start afresh.

please I need help and advice on how to go about it, I tried writing them but not possible because I dont have refrence number. Please its urgent. I need to have my transcript evaluated. Thanks

When a foot slips off the ladder, not enough reason to quit climbing. Thank you for the kind words all the same. I replied your PM sir.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2017
towbaynah:
Just thinking of how I can have baby face so I won't have issues at the embassy.
Lol who baby face epp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
mecuzee:

Pls how can I contact you. We need to pay for SEVIS fee!

Send me pm by clicking on my user and after loading click send email and check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
Tunnyz:
Lol who baby face epp
Hahaha, by their words you shall know them. na....just a ***
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rasengan02(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
sirRiddy:
If you are looking at Computer Science grad program especially
PhD, please consider Kansas State University. It is ranked 90 on the usnews ranking
and is a top program in the United States. The department is very good with excellent
facilities, faculty and opportunities (funding). The strengths are in the area of Cybersecurity,
Machine Learning, high Performance Computing, Software Specification and Analysis research.
If your GPA is around 4/5 and you have a GRE score around 315, you stand a very good chance.
The Nigerian family here is going to be 3 this fall and it is exciting to see the place becoming more diverse.
Good luck to the prospective graduate students. smiley

PS: By the way, all the talk about work experience or research experience is mostly crap talk.
What you need to succeed is your hunger and attitude. No one really has it figured out. If anyone
does, then it is useless work and not good research. If you have a healthy work ethic and work hard,
your limits are just mere fiction.
how about [/b]INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING? [b] u gat any clue abt d dept?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
dephilosopher:
Pls is there anyone at southern Illinois university. I need to confirm if WES evaluation is needed for transcript in the school

No not needed. They just need the transcript to come from your undergrad school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
You guys and ladies are awesome.
Thanks for this wonderful thread.
Please,any1 attending Newmexico highland uni?
And is it ok to apply with my baby (1year 3months)?
I also noticed from the published transcript..that d visa officers always ask d ques the ques "Are u married"...is being married a red flag?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mac2016(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Noted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by impactandinspir: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
All glory to the Almighty God,to him alone be all the prise.
I have been following this thread and giving birth in US since 2yrs and 4yrs respectively. Have been a silent reader and this is my first time am commenting. I decide to come here to post because this thread has really helped me, once people make enquiry from me as US VISA stuffs i keep giving people this link to come and learn from the gurus.

visa approved yesterday at Walter Carrington!!! (6:30am batch)

transcript!

ME: good morning

VO: good morning, what did you score in your GRE?

ME: told him

VO: Why this school?

ME:I did an intensive research using internet tool (pristonreview.com,google,studentreview.com,usnews.com) and i found a school of my choice that best fit in the area of my interest. Also, i went to one of the prestigious school in Nigeria and i would love to av international exposure and experience.

VO: I see you had your baby in US

ME: yes

VO: who is your sponsor

ME: Father-in-law

ME: thank you

Thanks everyone for all your tips,encouragement,support,and kind gesture, you are all the best

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.