Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692136 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 5:57am On Jun 08, 2017
Visa Approved yesterday. Transcript goes thus.. ...

Vo good morning
Me good morning mam

Vo can I have your passport and I-20
Me went blank temporarily and forgot which Form was that and was giving her my ds confirmation

Vo no your i20
Me started flipping through looking for i20 (already panicking)

Vo The one with an F1
Me OK, sorry mam, quickly produced it(in my head that Form is an F1 form)

Vo How did you hear of this school
Me I did an intensive search online using sites like usnews, princeton review to narrow down to Schools offering PhD in electrical and electronic engineering, then consulted websites of such schools and found wsu to have an ongoing research in my field of interest.

Vo Do you have a letter for your scholarship
Me yes I do mam, produced it

Vo Can I see your academic transcripts
Me yes mam, produced both

Vo Did you take the GRE
Me yes mam

Vo what was your score
Me I had 307 (forgot to mention the writing)

Vo Are you married
Me yes mam

Vo Any kids
Me yes mam, have a 1 year 6months old daughter

Vo are they coming with you
Me no mam

Vo what does your wife do
Me she works with a govt parastatal, and about to start her Masters program over here

Vo so who will look after your daughter
Me we have a cousin staying with us that helps with that

Vo When did you finish Masters and what have you been doing since
Me finished in 2014 and been lecturing since

Vo do you have any specialization in electrical engineering
Me yes mam, my field of specialization is mobile communication and networking.

Vo OK, everything looks good. I will hold onto these (my scholarship letter and transcripts) for verification. Hold onto your i-20, you will need it at the point of entry. This shows you how to pick up your visa, hands me the white paper.

Special thanks to God for His Grace and favour, to everyone on this group, those who shared past transcript, to texrem for the mock interview.

Please hope the fact I went with student copies of academic transcripts will not be an issue?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by drhopeful: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2017
Mitchely:

Vo good morning
Me good morning mam

Me went blank temporarily and forgot which Form was that and was giving her my ds confirmation

Vo no your i20

Vo The one with an F1

Vo OK, everything looks good. I will hold onto these (my scholarship letter and transcripts) for verification. Hold onto your i-20, you will need it at the point of entry. This shows you how to pick up your visa, hands me the white paper.

Special thanks to God for His Grace and favour, to everyone on this group, those who shared past transcript, to texrem for the mock interview.

Please hope the fact I went with student copies of academic transcripts will not be an issue?
Congrats man! But this your transcript is so funny! Nerves na terrible thing. Lol. I also wonder why they want to verify your academic transcripts. I can understand sponsorship letter.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tayonani: 6:15am On Jun 08, 2017
Walspring:

Is it for high school or university evaluation?
,for waec, OND and HND,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tayonani: 6:16am On Jun 08, 2017
tayonani:
,for waec, OND and HND,
for admission for my MBA program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bobority: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2017
zeezahbee:
ok seen

Ok thanks but please check again. I sent another one. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Heykayxx(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2017
Good morning fam,

Anyone heading to Auburn university in Alabama in this coming Fall? How's life in that city? Weather? Survival tips?

I look forward to reading from you all.
Thanks.

cc: Lagosismyhome, Texrem, Femi321, happyday, sir Twoods grin et al
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2017
tayonani:
for admission for my MBA program

We can talk if you want to...Send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by koczee: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Hello guys! Please I need someone that can help me pay eshipglobal for I-20 form to be sent from the US to Nigeria or does anyone has an idea how to pay it from Nigeria since they don't accept payment with cards and PayPal? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rousel(m): 7:32am On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=imperiouxx post=57240406]

I doubt this part. Don't ask me why because I graduated from New Mexico........... Good day pls while I read through the pages I like to ask for a brief hint on Post Graduate Admission and GRE exam.Do I need pay for Application fee for admission or I write the exams with the choice schools listed? Pls I Wil read but I need small guidelines. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Hi, how is grad school over there?
Bobority:

Ok thanks but please check again. I sent another one. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2017
Mitchely:

Vo good morning
Me good morning mam

Vo no your i20

Vo The one with an F1

Me I did an intensive search online using sites like usnews, princeton review to narrow down to Schools offering PhD in electrical and electronic engineering, then consulted websites of such schools and found wsu to have an ongoing research in my field of interest.

Vo Did you take the GRE
Me yes mam

Vo what was your score

Vo Are you married
Me yes mam

Vo Any kids

Me no mam

Me she works with a govt parastatal, and about to start her Masters program over here

Transcript kwa? O ga o.

Your transcript will enlighten many to come. Thanks for posting. And congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2017
Mitchely:

white paper.

Congrats grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 8:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Blessing follow us follow follow follow us. Alubarika follow us follow follow follow us.
We went we saw and we conquered cc @shabol24

V =Victory
I= Inspired by
S= Sacrifice
A=Action,
A=Analysis
P= Prayer
P=Peoples ( NL group)
R=Resilient
O=Optimism
V=Vision with
E=Extreme
D= Diligent

You guys did it abeg NOT me. Embassy gave Seun(NL) and two of his worker visa. Thanks to great minds like @lagosismyhome, @Shayune @princedekunle @texrem @ctemi @shabol24(My sweetheart) @walspring @michael18 @femi321... and everyone with your post.
Na chinko n fine girl gave us Visa ooooo

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 8:43am On Jun 08, 2017
TWoods:

You tell him what your study plan is, or don't you have one?
Welcome sir grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 8:48am On Jun 08, 2017
princeGee23:
Blessing follow us follow follow follow us. Alubarika follow us follow follow follow us.
We went we saw and we conquered cc @shabol24

V =Victory
I= Inspired by
S= Sacrifice
A=Action,
A=Analysis
P= Prayer
P=Peoples ( NL group)
R=Resilient
O=Optimism
V=Vision with
E=Extreme
D= Diligent

You guys did it abeg NOT me. Embassy gave Seun(NL) and two of his worker visa. Thanks to great minds like @lagosismyhome, @Shayune @princedekunle @texrem @ctemi @shabol24(My sweetheart) @walspring @michael18.. and everyone with your post.
Na chinko n fine girl gave us Visa ooooo

grin grin

@bold. Una two match sef wink

I dey await ur transcript. I no say e go funny die smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2017
sputos:
www.nmhu.edu......The school fees if there, depending on the number of credit unit u want to take per semester

I checked out the school, they offer few courses @Master's level. But it has a very cheap tuition.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nmarh(f): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2017
VISA approved this morning at Walter Carrington 6:30am batch.. no serious questions were asked.. that was all of God and less of me

Transcript
Vo: Good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: can I have ur docs
Me: passed them
Vo: What are you going to America
Me: For my masters in interior architecture at Suffolk university
Vo: why Suffolk?
Me: I did an extensive research and found out that the int. Arch. Graduate program is ranked among the top ten (Vo cuts in)
Vo: have you previously applied to a school in the us
Me: no
Vo: but ur sevis is conflicting with another
Me: Oh.. I received a previous i20 from my school but deferred to fall this year
Vo: why did u defer
Me: wanted to work for (Vo cuts in)
Vo: where did u have ur bsc and what program
Me: architecture university of lagos
Vo: who is paying
Me: dad
Vo: what dies he do
Me: told him
Vo: are you married
Vo: do u have any kids
Vo: do u have anyone in new York? (Still don't know y he asked that but I guess he checked my dad's profile and saw that he frequents NY)
Vo: do you have anyone in Boston
Vo: other parts of America?
Vo: (hands me white paper) I'll be approving ur visa but the system is not coming up so u'll have to wait for a week or 2. U'll receive an sms from us bla bla
Me: ok
Vo: u free to go
Me: thank you

So yh that's it. My first time. Thanks to nairaland. This thread really helped me a lot. I've been following for about 2 year now and I refer people here too. All the questions I had were already answered I just had to go through all the posts and transcripts. And yes I maintained eye contact with the vo (window 3). Forgive my typos

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chinemomah2020(m): 8:56am On Jun 08, 2017
Mitchely:

Visa Approved

Vo good morning
Me good morning mam

Vo no your i20

Vo The one with an F1

Vo Did you take the GRE
Me yes mam

Vo what was your score

Vo Are you married
Me yes mam

Vo Any kids

Me no mam

Congrats Broda.. Enjoy your journey..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2017
Congratulations to successful visas. Please desist from writing "bla bla bla ..." in your transcripts, it's not a polite way to relay a VOs comments or anyone else for that matter, etc would do.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmelix(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2017
cseejhay:

When a foot slips off the ladder, not enough reason to quit climbing. Thank you for the kind words all the same. I replied your PM sir.

ceejhay... the email I used in opening these my nairaland account I dont have access to it again. Yahoo with there security checks and others.

please can you reply me here on nairaland and also any of you here that has further contributions should please add. But you can reach me with these email now onyeahara@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmelix(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2017
Please has anybody here used ece.org educational credential evaluators for document and transcript evaluation. I kinda link them because there process is far easy compaired to wes and have good customer service.

thou have written to Lehigh university asking them if I can use them for my document evaluation.

Lastly anybody here who knows someone in lehigh or who is currently schooling there should please holla.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Visa got approved this morning.

Really grateful to God, and to everyone that helped me on here(Texrem, PrinceDekunle, electronic, tomisinobm and abujaniv sef grin grin)

Transcript goes thus.

VO: Pass your documents
Me: Here you go sir

VO: What are you going to do in the United States?
Me: I am going for my Bachelors degree in Computer and Information Science...

VO: How did you get to know about the school?
Me: It was introduced to me at a workshop by EducationUSA and I did some more research about it using the CollegeBoard BigFuture portal and
CommonApp

VO: When did you graduate?
Me: Last year, sir

VO: (typing) And who is going to be funding your education?
Me: The school sir. I am on a full ride scholarship.(VO then flipped the i20 to check it)

VO: (still typing) You have any family in that area?
Me: No sir. But I have a brother in the US though.

VO: Have you traveled abroad before?
Me: Yes sir... To the United Kingdom

VO: And where does your brother stay?
Me: He is in Oklahoma sir

The VO stood up and went somewhere, I don't know where.

VO: Are you married?
Me: No sir

VO: You have kids?
Me: No sir.

VO stated typing for about 2 minutes.

VO: I will be approving your visa,(gave me white paper), use this at the DHL office to collect it.... ( I didn't really get the remaining words he
spoke)
Me: Thank you so much sir. I will do that. Do have a nice day.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by peppo4live: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2017
adewotired:

Really grateful to God, and to everyone that helped me on here(Texrem, PrinceDekunle, electronic, tomisinobm and abujaniv sef grin grin)

Transcript goes thus.

VO: (cuts in) In which school?
Me: Coppin State University in Maryland

Me: It was introduced to me at a workshop by EducationUSA and I did some more research about it using the CollegeBoard BigFuture portal and
CommonApp

Me: The school sir. I am on a full ride scholarship.(VO then flipped the i20 to check it)

VO: I will be approving your visa,(gave me white paper), use this at the DHL office to collect it.... ( I didn't really get the remaining words he
spoke)

congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by donanod(m): 9:56am On Jun 08, 2017
Congrats to all who got their visas approved!!
Let's keep up the good work here guys/ladies...our dreams will be realised as we put in the work and trust God.

Cheers all

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tolajay: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2017
With the high rate of visa approval testimonies in here, I'm almost poised to say the US embassy grants more visa during the raining season. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

Congrats guys!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rashfad(m): 10:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Kudos to everyone on here. Need any of u guys to assist me with mock interview in preparation for my student visa interview. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2017
nmarh:
VISA approved this morning at Walter Carrington 6:30am batch.. no serious questions were asked.. that was all of God and less of me

Transcript
Vo: Good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: can I have ur docs
Me: passed them
Vo: What are you going to America
Me: For my masters in interior architecture at Suffolk university
Vo: why Suffolk?
Me: I did an extensive research and found out that the int. Arch. Graduate program is ranked among the top ten (Vo cuts in)
Vo: have you previously applied to a school in the us
Vo: but ur sevis is conflicting with another
Me: Oh.. I received a previous i20 from my school but deferred to fall this year
Vo: why did u defer
Me: wanted to work for (Vo cuts in)
Vo: where did u have ur bsc and what program
Me: architecture university of lagos
Vo: who is paying
Me: dad
Vo: what dies he do
Me: told him
Vo: are you married
Vo: do u have any kids
Vo: do u have anyone in new York? (Still don't know y he asked that but I guess he checked my dad's profile and saw that he frequents NY)
Vo: do you have anyone in Boston
Vo: other parts of America?
Vo: (hands me white paper) I'll be approving ur visa but the system is not coming up so u'll have to wait for a week or 2. U'll receive an sms from us bla bla
g
Me: ok
Vo: u free to go
Me: thank you

So yh that's it. My first time. Thanks to nairaland. This thread really helped me a lot. I've been following for about 2 year now and I refer people here too. All the questions I had were already answered I just had to go through all the posts and transcripts. And yes I maintained eye contact with the vo (window 3). Forgive my typos
congrat this is just Grace of God, there is something about this window 3, please let's take note.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2017
Rain of visa everywhere... Congratulations everyone!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2017
Lol the guy even heard the "I'll be approving your visa, pick it up..." thing grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dorispray: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2017
koczee:
Hello guys! Please I need someone that can help me pay eshipglobal for I-20 form to be sent from the US to Nigeria or does anyone has an idea how to pay it from Nigeria since they don't accept payment with cards and PayPal? Thanks

I can assist you with that. feel free to send me a mail. (See my email address on my signature below)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Capitas7: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2017
Capitas7:
Good day everyone. Approved this morning. I will post the transcript before the end of the day. In transit at the moment. Abstractg thank you to everyone who I've come across on this platform, and those who directly offered help, not excluding those who have contributed through transcripts or other contents. I can't thank my younger brother enough for suggesting this thread to me a few months ago.
When you a lion chases you, Mount Everest becomes a pebble - this I saw today. If the word "Grace" makes no meaning to you, then the US Embassy is not a place to experiment your philosophy. I passed the night at my brother's apartment in Akoka. Short night, I woke up at 12:59am, and searched for another nap that never came. I put a call through to my brother for the final mock he promised me - he wasn't in town (Texrem, I'm jokingly angry at you o, as you didn't reply my request for a mock interview nko?). I left his place at 4am. A good note for those planning on leaving their Yaba lodge early, I saw only three buses (the road was sleeping) moving between the hours of 4am and 4:40am, meaning it was too early. Got to the Consulate a few minutes after 5am. After all the checks, we were on the single line waiting for the VO's who started arriving around 7:03am (by now, 6:30am, 7:00am and 7:30am immigrant and non-immigrant candidates were muddled together).

I began to wonder how nairalanders observed and kept figures with pictures because immediately the interview started with the first set of applicants, I went blank, and didn't even want to see anyone's denial or approval. The brother in front of me no try at all. If you're reading this, bros, your energy was much, and your blood hot; kilode? I almost left the position behind him for another window. See as bros just dey talk like say e dey address the entire applicants, with much energy and hot blood. I heard two immigrant applicants say why is he portraying himself as being desperate? and the other replied this is serious and funny. I heard the VO ask him what do you know about this school? Brother's answer was quite superficial, then the VO made the comment "those are general knowledge about US schools, can you give me something more convincing?". Too serious or not, Window 6 approved big bros - this brings to mind the saying of Lagosismyhome that what sounds inadequate to someone's ears might be what a particular VO wants to hear i.e. only the VO decides - and I was happy for him. I just dey fear say this brother don spoil show for person like me wey dey talk with low tone.

Immediately after him, I approached Window 6. Sorry for the epistle, but the truth is God's Grace made my transcript limited to just three questions thus

VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning sir
VO: pass me your I20 and your passport
Me: (I did as instructed)
VO: So why Florida institute of technology?
Me: FIT internship presents graduate Biotechnology students the options of working in a research lab or in a commercial company, of which I prefer the first and most of the other schools don't have the option (VO didn't allow me mention the other point I had)
VO: How do you intend to go about your studies?
Me: A total of 30 credits are required to obtain an MS in Biotechnology in FIT spread over a period of 24months. (I mentioned two courses and how many units per session)
VO: They're offering you a very good scholarship.
Me: Yes, true (low tone).
VO: What qualified you for this?
Me: My SOP, GRE scores and my undergraduate CGPA (there's nothing special about any of them, just average)
VO: okay, your visa has been approved, ensure...at the address circled on this slip. Do have a good day, and welcome to USA
Me: Thank you sir.

I got home to discover I missed my dad's 6 calls sometimes around 5am. He told me he felt he had to wake me up, in case I was still asleep. Same with my brother who has been really supportive from the beginning. A big thank you to Lagosismyhome, Walspring, Texrem, Topdee, Zeng, Electronic, and everyone here.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bibiakonure: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2017
adewotired:

Transcript goes thus.

VO: (cuts in) In which school?
Me: Coppin State University in Maryland

CommonApp

spoke)

Congratulations on your visa and the scholarship. I sent you a PM please reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.