Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693068 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
ogoji:
Been a SILENT follower of this thread for the last 1month, With a grateful HEART to the almighty GOD, VISA was APPROVED this morning at walter carrington. 7:00 a.m batch. Thanks to the house for the experience, GURUS and none GURUS, especially my FRIEND turn BROTHER @donanod.
God Bless US all as we wait for more approval, my brother donanod, you are next in line.

TRANSCRIPT LOADING shocked

Congrats. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
Zeng:

VO: (With a smile) Good morning

Me: (Also replied with a smile) Good morning

VO: Pass me your passport and I-20 please

Me: (Passed it to him)

VO: So tell me about the school you are going to

Me: The school I'll be going to is National University. It is was established in 1971 and is accredited by the WASC. And the Computer science courses there have a good balance in theory and practice.

VO: Okay. So how many schools did you apply to?

Me: Just 2

VO: What's the name of the other school?

Me: Michigan Technological University

VO: And were you offered admission at MTU?

Me: No

VO: What standard tests did you take?

Me: I took the TOEFL.

VO: Did you take the (looking at my I
-20) GRE?

Me: No

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?

Me: My Aunt

VO: What does she do?

Me: (told him)

VO: When did you graduate from your Bachelor's?

Me: 2012

VO: And you did you NYSC?

Me: Yes

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: Well I worked with .....(a Christian organization). It wasn't a real job, but I worked with them for about 2 years before I moved to Lagos and got a job at .....(my current workplace).

VO: And what do you do there?

Me: Well I'm a Data processor/customer relations officer.

VO: Okay. (bringing out a white sheet of paper and passing it to me with my I-20) Here's your I-20, you will be needing it when you get on the plane...etc.

I'm so grateful to everyone here for their advice. That's why I took the time to drop this as my own way of helping someone.

My advice: ask for grace and favour of God as you go. I wasn't particularly well prepared but just found I just had the answer needed as questions were asked. And please, read as many transcripts as possible to prepare your mind for like questions, but don't cram any answers. It's best to sound natural.

Congrats...When a case is already settled. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
log1:

We blessed God for these numerous visa approval. I only 'envy' imperiouxx who have to move from page to page to write out the monikers of successful applicants.

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=Emmelix post=57311154][/quote]

Yes,i used ECE.. 12 days and it's cheaper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
LagosismyHome:

grin grin grin

Ma, you didnt reply my last PM. i found a way out though. How are u doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aladex11: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Left home 4am after sleeping for few hours due to cough Syrup I took to clear my throat (I for no sleep at all). I was quiet anxious and nervous at the same time. Wondering wetin oyinbo man go ask me. Finally at the embassy at exactly 5:30am, naso i see crowd and my liver cut immediately. Where are all this pple going? Same question applicable to me. Rain started and I was a bit drenched.Security checks done, finger print done and time to face the ***bo demons . At this point my confidence was doubled and was determined to give my best and accept anything that comes out without regret. First guy went and was issued white paper and followed by many many Man-City colored paper. Here comes my turn and I stared tripping for the beautiful VO immediately, sexy nose with great smile and who am i not advertise my 200 Naira close up. Here goes the transcript:

Vo: Why are you going to mtsu ?

Me:for my masters
degree in information systems technology with concentration in info security!

Vo: noticed you have a partial scholarship, how did you qualify for it ?

Me: Due to my outstanding performance in GRE and well articulated SOP!

Vo: How many school did I apply and name them ?

Me: Mtsu and uni of Bridgeport!

Vo: what will you do after your program ?

Me: return to my country and assume a bigger position at my place of work.

Vo: where do you work?

Me: xyz networks and luckily I was wearing my office branded shirt which is our Thursday costume.

Vo:What is your current job role ?

Me: I work as a field service /IP engineer, deployment of vpn and internet services using VSAT and microwave technology, I also take part in configuration of router and switches which are communication devices used.

Vo: That's Great! I will approve your visa.

Then I realized the vo was also tripping for me (just kidding). Grace all the way, thank you King of Kings! Special appreciation to my boss Hammed Wahab, Fakos, Agba Kareem, Biodun Adeleke, Juwon (this guy is a guru in answering vo questions). Be bold, audible, precise and on point. To top it all, please PRAY.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
aladex11:
Left home 4am after sleeping for few hours due to cough Syrup I took to clear my throat (I for no sleep at all). I was quiet anxious and nervous at the same time. Wondering wetin oyinbo man go ask me. Finally at the embassy at exactly 5:30am, naso i see crowd and my liver cut immediately. Where are all this pple going? Same question applicable to me. Rain started and I was a bit drenched.Security checks done, finger print done and time to face the ***bo demons . At this point my confidence was doubled and was determined to give my best and accept anything that comes out without regret. First guy went and was issued white paper and followed by many many Man-City colored paper. Here comes my turn and I stared tripping for the beautiful VO immediately, sexy nose with great smile and who am i not advertise my 200 Naira close up. Here goes the transcript:

Me: xyz networks and luckily I was wearing my office branded shirt which is our Thursday costume.

Me: I work as a field service /IP engineer, deployment of vpn and internet services using VSAT and microwave technology, I also take part in configuration of router and switches which are communication devices used.

Then I realized the vo was also tripping for me (just kidding). Grace all the way, thank you King of Kings! Special appreciation to my boss Hammed Wahab, Fakos, Agba Kareem, Biodun Adeleke, Juwon (this guy is a guru in answering vo questions). Be bold, audible, precise and on point. To top it all, please PRAY.

Congrats Bro. God bless your journey. Pls can we yan?...URGENT.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
I dedicate these smiles to all them folks that got their Visas Today...
grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aladex11: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
cseejhay:

Congrats Bro. God bless your journey. Pls can we yan?...URGENT.
#yes#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
aladex11:
#yes#

Sent you a PM Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congratulations to everyone that got approved. Today is a lucky day for student visa applicants. Actually, today is termed "Student visa day" at all US Embassy globally. June 8 is student visa day and ONLY student applicants are scheduled for interview on every June 8. Don't ask me how I know... Just google it. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
Man, all these approvals in one day. NLers are on fire. cool

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congrats to those that got their visas approved.
Enjoy your stay in Amelika

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Heykayxx(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
texrem:

Alabama. Chai! You will become my neighbor. Say Ne-igh-bor? Texrem is here for you. grin grin grin I will reply your PM soonest.
Neigh- bor - bor - bor grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
aladex11:

Very funny guy, congrats bro. But you sure say na only throat u use that syrup clear?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
princeGee23:
Blessing follow us follow follow follow us. Alubarika follow us follow follow follow us.
We went we saw and we conquered @femi321... and everyone with your post.
Na chinko n fine girl gave us Visa ooooo
Congrats. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congrats to those that got their visa approved today, God bless your new journey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mendes911: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
sirRiddy:
Ask your question here and I will answer you as best as I can.
I do not have the luxury of time for pm's now unfortunately.

I need to divulge some information in order to get a befitting response from you, that's why I can't write it all out here. I believe you are already a student of KSU. I can also call you at your spare time if you don't mind. If it's too much of a disturbance, not a problem then.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmelix(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
DimmyCho:

Yes,i used ECE.. 12 days and it's cheaper

ok..... I guess WES has gotten to comfortable and over confident, hence the reason for there poor customer service.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Heykayxx:
Good morning fam,

Anyone heading to Auburn university in Alabama in this coming Fall? How's life in that city? Weather? Survival tips?

I look forward to reading from you grin et al
Your best bet is to search for any African or Nigeria in your school using linkedin, I am sure you will get at least one person on Linkedin. Its always good to have someone that can give you heads up so that you dont make the mistake they made.Just one advice, In class, never be a lone ranger, make sure you make friends and learn how to smile often if you are like me that doesn't really smile, you have to learn that, it opens way for conversation and makes you more approachable.Start all homeworks and project immediately, dont procrastinate, its always like the number of hours here is less than 24, it moves so fast. Never forget God,hold on to him because it so easy to derail and forget God in this western world. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=Rousel post=57304768][/quote] @Rousel 1) Yes you have to pay for application fee 2) Dont be lazy read about 20pages back and you will get the guidelines you want but if you cant read, I am sorry..You are not ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bobority: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
OluDare01:
Hi, how is grad school over there?

Great bro, we thank God and I'm sure yours has been great as well...thanks for asking!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Today is student visa dayyyyy! Only student visa applicants are scheduled for interview today!!Let the Visa Rain!!! Congrats guys….. grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
log1:

We blessed God for these numerous visa approval. I only 'envy' imperiouxx who have to move from page to page to write out the monikers of successful applicants.

Let me also walk in the footsteps of Boss imperiouxx cheesy

@princeGee23,aladex11,Zeng,ogoji,shabol,Capitas7,mudi1012,adewotired,Mitchely,nmarh,Levels731 and every other silent follower whose visa was approved today and still remained reticent cool

Congrats. May God bless your new journey.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
shayhune:

@princeGee23,aladex11,Zeng,ogoji,shabol,Capitas7,mudi1012,adewotired,Mitchely,nmarh,Levels731 and every other silent follower whose visa was approved today and still remained reticent cool

Thank you so much... Blessings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Heykayxx(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
femi321:
Your best bet is to search for any African or Nigeria in your school using linkedin, I am sure you will get at least one person on Linkedin. Its always good to have someone that can give you heads up so that you dont make the mistake they made.Just one advice, In class, never be a lone ranger, make sure you make friends and learn how to smile often if you are like me that doesn't really smile, you have to learn that, it opens way for conversation and makes you more approachable.Start all homeworks and project immediately, dont procrastinate, its always like the number of hours here is less than 24, it moves so fast. Never forget God,hold on to him because it so easy to derail and forget God in this western world. All the best.

God bless you oga femi. I will be holding on to those words of wisdom.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Capitas7:

When you a lion chases you, Mount Everest becomes a pebble - this I saw today. If the word "Grace"
and everyone here.
Congrats Man!!! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
shayhune:

That's nice of you bro. You have made the job easier for him. Imperiouxx, oya add your shayo emoticon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
koczee:
Hello guys! Please I need someone that can help me pay eshipglobal for I-20 form to be sent from the US to Nigeria or does anyone has an idea how to pay it from Nigeria since they don't accept payment with cards and PayPal? Thanks

How much do you wanna pay ? Send me a WhatsApp message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
texrem:

Alabama. Chai! You will become my neighbor. Say Ne-igh-bor? Texrem is here for you. grin grin grin I will reply your PM soonest.

grin so texrem sef dey Alabama?? I dey low-key for Troy here oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
Catch My Long fun tale

last Friday, I went for a pre visit to embassy just to know the time interval and prepare for Today's interview in advance... I just hate to be caught off guard. I met the agent guys, two applicant (a successful and I guess an unsuccessful one), Met those military at security checking point and talk to them as a guy man. We agreed i will drop phone/bag with them today and I promise dem enough flexing after visa approved. I even gave them very small change last friday.....lolzz
Fastward today got there within 45mins drive around 6:00am, called one of the military guys, he recognise me and we hail each other, I stayed on queue for security checkup #NoTime, Make i drop bag, one of them just say NO, follow the other talk and we settle things.... #StoryForAnotherDay

See where people don full dey stand, I tell myself n partner say no time, finding my way to front make we go, Omo we near the entrance, Rain start few guys just commot chain and we followed them enter, b4 we know it 4th on queuee, My partner say confirm, One guy for front say who ask me to follow them and I reply who dem be and who give dem other to enter self....lolzzzz #TrollingEachOther #CommonGuyFun

No time queues scatter small and now maintain third on non-immigrant cos of one family woman with kids. Fast forward all the process, we enter main room..... Did thumb printing and join the queue.. Now back to 7th on the slot for Visa Interview. One CGI came to play... OmoSee guys just keep quite like say na exam we wan write dem dey serious ooo Na hin I smile to her and Say "White paper Lo shuooo juuu ooo".. She smile and said I know the color already I said No time na.. She ask my favourite color I said WHite Nonii, She smile say everyone go claim that at this stage.
Windows 3(Chinko looking) opened but not ready, window 4 (fine girl) opened join not ready too Window 1(TallHandsomeGuy) #NoHomo, open and said he is ready...first guy go, Window 7(Mama Niyen) opened and ready, window 4 ready too... Now am the next to know VO to see.... Tension went away, don't know how but I felt God already at work.. Now Window 3(CHinko looking) guy read... I say correct, Na me and you today. Wanted to do final prayer, VO caught me offguard

VO: GoodMorning
Me: Goodmorning
vO: I20 and passport please
Me: here they are
VO: You are going to University of New Hampshire
Me: Yes, For my masters degree in Computer and
VO: what do you plan to study
Me: Am going to study for my masters degree in CIS with concentration on AI and Robotics Vo cut in
vO: Tell me how you find this school
Me: I did extensive thorough research on google, Vo cut in u can search anything on google I quickly said yes but with my Area of Concentration which is AI and Robotics, It linked me to some bodies like Msinus,USNews, then i streamline resulted school based on my profile and there requirement, Sent mail to 15 school and finally applied to 4, VO no hear well cut in and look at me
VO: You applied to 15 schools,
Me: Looked straight into his eyeball with little smile and comfy and said No, I sent mail to 15 schools and applied to 4 schools for fall application
VO: so when did you finish your secondary school (I was like WAT when am goin for MSC)
Me: Well 2003
VO: WHen did u finish your bsc
Me: 2011
VO: WHat course
: xxxx Engr @ UNIlag
VO: what is your grade
Me: I did very well 4.45/5.0.... He nodded
VO: So what have you been doing
Me: Went for mandatory NYSC program btw July 2011 n June 2012, 2 month after, I was employed by xxxx as IT supervisior and worked for 10 months, then resigned to join Bleep Tech Group since July 2013 till date. and my responsiblities are (VO cut in)
VO: have you traveled b4
Me: yes to Sierria leone and Ghana
VO: what for
Me: With my team at work for implementation and support of our application and support of there core banking application
VO: So who will be sponsoring your school
Me: Got partial Tuition scholarship from the school and my mum will cater for the rest
VO: What does she do?
Me: she is a successfull business woman, wholesale distributor of fabrics and jewelries and has store across Lagos
VO: I will be approving your Visa, Then remove his mouth from speaker cos i was intimidating him with my focus althrough (Lol... Na Baba God at Work oo).....and said that silently and intentionally.
Me: Quickly dab and say Thank you
Na so I carry my i20 and White paper first...
VO thought that was all... I said No, and silently said to myself is your turn to be interviewed....LOLzzz(Still booming in God"s confidence)
Me: Sir I have a question
VO: ok, Go ahead
Me: NOW we know AI and robotics my course is at the development n information gathering stage, do u know any forum on AI n robotics I can join to get more info and keep improving in the field ?
VO: Loook at me smile and said google will be your best link.
Me: Thank you

Back to mopol Episode two, I just bone form Not given based on the higgy hagga we had earlier, I said I no go give una anything more, Tell them dem no give there enemy, them say ok, second one come the first say make hin leave me make i dey go....Lolzzz.. I bounced out

PRAY as if you will not PREPARE, then PREPARE as if you will not PRAY, Then watch Baba God at work.... It can Only be God all the way, I can't say this is where the Confidence came from

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blacnewton(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please my F1 Visa interview is on Monday by 6.30am. I need someone to help me with mock interview this weekend.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.