Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693204 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
blacnewton:
Please my F1 Visa interview is on Monday by 6.30am. I need someone to help me with mock interview this weekend.

Thanks.

PM mee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
God bless your new journey my brother man

princeGee23:

Yes oooo, the guy quickly directed me to google but as babe God blessing follow me, he no even ask any techy question. Just DS 160... Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
shayhune:

So you promised that you'll interview the VO and you did it. Baba u get mind sha. Why you no give the VO blue paper naa since he didn't answer you well grin

Oya, let us come and be going to Amelika. Trump awaits us grin grin

Chai and I be wan give am but I no see and I don forget say my employment letter wey I carry go Na for blue paper... I for just bring am out n make him catch early morning joke....lolzzz grin

I tried my best for that word too self but he commit mouth for speaker n whisper so I no go hear... I even DAB for the guy. Na we and that guy trump.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
OGreene:
Just do the form A. Its same rate with PTA

I think form A is to pay directly to school. The guy is on tuition waiver n stipends. School will find it difficult to refund him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
shayhune:

Lol. He knows the whole of NL will know him if he should mention his course. He was popular than even the VC back then in school. @princeGee aka **a** grin grin. Make I no come burst your bubbles. wink

Chai...ogami, burst am... I go just give them ur house address as mine... And NL ppl go dey find u everywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Oh Jesus ssssssssss.....congratulations to everyone here! Am glad to be a part of this platform. My testimony coming soon too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chinemomah2020(m): 2:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Shabol54:
Visa approved today at Lagos Consulate……
I got to the embassy around 5.45am for my 6.30am appointment. The queue was very long…….I was like una no dey sleep? grin grin grin…… Then my partner in crime arrived......@princegee........we found our way from the back to be amongst the first 5 in queue…… Main Hall…….. I was 8th in queue and 2nd person to be interviewed by one very fine young white Lady at window 4. The first lady she interviewed got a white paper eventually from her sha after a very long conversation with the VO. I was even getting tired sef……. But then I remembered 64K…… Fast forward…….
VO: Good morning, sevis and I-20 pls
Me: I obliged. Good morning and how was your night?
VO: Oh great, Thank you (With a smile) Why are you going to the USA?
Me: I am going for my Master’s degree in Engineering Technology with a concentration in Construction Technology at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City.
VO: Why ETSU?
Me: (I almost choked, the VO told me to relax before answering the question… …See favour cheesy grin) I chose ETSU because the cost of living at ETSU is relatively cheaper when compared to that of UF and CSUEB. Besides, the school’s Eng Tech Dept offers a concentration in Construction Technology with active research in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy which aligns with my career goal and …..……VO cuts in
VO: What did you study at Undergraduate Level?
Me: I studied Building Technology from XXXXXXX
VO: oooh, Building Technology…….. (Nodding her head) When did you graduate?
Me: 2011
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I did a year NYSC from Mar 2012 to Mar 2013 at XXXXX after which I was retained as a XXXXXXX and later promoted to XXXXX which is my designation till date. My responsibilities are Conceptual planning and design, Monitoring and ensuring contractors deliver the project in terms of quality, time and delivery within budget, Preparing Buildability and Maintainability analysis for …………….. VO cuts in………

VO: What are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will be coming back to team up with my organization's research and design team to address the technical issues…….. VO cuts in………..
VO: So who is paying?
Me: my dad

VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a Building Contractor and also into the sales of building materials and equipments

VO: Did you write any standardized tests like GMAT or GRE and what was your score?
Me: Yes, I wrote the GRE, Quant-148, Verb- 141, Total Score 289/Analytical: 3.0

VO: Good (nodding her head….) she held my passport and picks a white paper. Then she paused shocked shocked as she noticed a visa on my passport (fear catch me small as I no first understand wetin happen)

VO: wait…. Wait... I see you’ve been to Malaysia, how long and what for? Looking at my passport
Me: I was in Kuala Lumpur for Bleep Days for a short training on XXXXXX which was……….VO Cuts in..

VO: I am approving your visa (Types for a while…. returns my I-20 and gave me white Paper) grin grin………I will hold on to your passport but you will need those at POE……….. can’t rem the rest…..Enjoy your studies.
Me: Thank you and have a nice day (smiling) cheesy grin grin grin
VO: You too

Prayer is key...... Prepare well too and leave the rest to God.

Babe Congrats.. Na God do am for you and am so..so happy for you like kilode but at the same time i don't like commenting on transcript that has XXXYYZZ tins. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 2:34am On Jun 09, 2017
With the amount of "God", "grace" and all the other religious mumbo jumbo i read here... one would almost confuse this thread to be a church service of some sort. That makes me wonder, for a country that is so religious, why is it so poor and corrupt?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:
With the amount of "God", "grace" and all the other religious mumbo jumbo i read here... one would almost confuse this thread to be a church service of some sort. That makes me wonder, for a country that is so religious, why is it so poor and corrupt?

Hahahahahahahahahaahah.. .ecerybody come and see o. Twoods yaff show from the blue o grin grin grin
How have you been now? I really missed you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 3:50am On Jun 09, 2017
sshola:

Hahahahahahahahahaahah.. .ecerybody come and see o. Twoods yaff show from the blue o grin grin grin
How have you been now? I really missed you bro

haha busy at work and enjoying the spring and summer - road trip time to be honest. Hope you've been "favored"?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogoji(m): 4:44am On Jun 09, 2017
YES......... I did mine in a week and 2days
toluene1234:
Good evening everyone. Please someone should help explain the following
1. how does Form A works to pay tuition fee?
2. What is the exchange rate to pay the tuition?
3. Is it possible to pay sevis fee, pay visa fee, fill ds160 form and book visa interview and go for the interview just within two week?
4. Is there any benefit Bank or federal government gives to students who which to study abroad.?
@lagosismyhome, walspring and others, please kindly oblige
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:27am On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:
you're back!! grin grin grin.... I have not been favored ooh... even though I have been tapping into their visa testimonies... what do I do ooh pastor Twoods grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:04am On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:
Against our imperfections we can still identify the root of our Success...
Welcome Back....
cheesy

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 09, 2017
Two weeks
Shakitibob0:
How many month does it take ECE to complete an evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 6:25am On Jun 09, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
you're back!! grin grin grin.... I have not been favored ooh... even though I have been tapping into their visa testimonies... what do I do ooh pastor Twoods grin grin

cheesy cheesy that's because you've been too busy "tapping" into "testimonies"... some of which are based on a foundation of fraud that you may not be aware of. As a Nigerian, you should know that not all those who say "Lord, Lord" here are entering into the kingdom of God.

My advice is to spend more time working hard and less time "praying" or looking for "testimonies".

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 6:26am On Jun 09, 2017
electronic:

Against our imperfections we can still identify the root of our Success...
Welcome Back....
cheesy

I can't see any successes. Perhaps you can lend me your glasses?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by scoreall: 6:44am On Jun 09, 2017
chinemomah2020:
Shabol54:
Visa approved today at Lagos Consulate……
I got to the embassy around 5.45am for my 6.30am appointment. The queue was very long…….I was like una no dey sleep? grin grin grin…… Then my partner in crime arrived......@princegee........we found our way from the back to be amongst the first 5 in queue…… Main Hall…….. I was 8th in queue and 2nd person to be interviewed by one very fine young white Lady at window 4. The first lady she interviewed got a white paper eventually from her sha after a very long conversation with the VO. I was even getting tired sef……. But then I remembered 64K…… Fast forward…….
VO: Good morning, sevis and I-20 pls
Me: I obliged. Good morning and how was your night?
VO: Oh great, Thank you (With a smile) Why are you going to the USA?
Me: I am going for my Master’s degree in Engineering Technology with a concentration in Construction Technology at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City.
VO: Why ETSU?
Me: (I almost choked, the VO told me to relax before answering the question… …See favour cheesy grin) I chose ETSU because the cost of living at ETSU is relatively cheaper when compared to that of UF and CSUEB. Besides, the school’s Eng Tech Dept offers a concentration in Construction Technology with active research in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy which aligns with my career goal and …..……VO cuts in
VO: What did you study at Undergraduate Level?
Me: I studied Building Technology from XXXXXXX
VO: oooh, Building Technology…….. (Nodding her head) When did you graduate?
Me: 2011
Me: I did a year NYSC from Mar 2012 to Mar 2013 at XXXXX after which I was retained as a XXXXXXX and later promoted to XXXXX which is my designation till date. My responsibilities are Conceptual planning and design, Monitoring and ensuring contractors deliver the project in terms of quality, time and delivery within budget, Preparing Buildability and Maintainability analysis for …………….. VO cuts in………

VO: What are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will be coming back to team up with my organization's research and design team to address the technical issues…….. VO cuts in………..
VO: So who is paying?
Me: my dad

VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a Building Contractor and also into the sales of building materials and equipments

VO: Did you write any standardized tests like GMAT or GRE and what was your score?
Me: Yes, I wrote the GRE, Quant-148, Verb- 141, Total Score 289/Analytical: 3.0

VO: Good (nodding her head….) she held my passport and picks a white paper. Then she paused shocked shocked as she noticed a visa on my passport (fear catch me small as I no first understand wetin happen)

VO: wait…. Wait... I see you’ve been to Malaysia, how long and what for? Looking at my passport
Me: I was in Kuala Lumpur for Bleep Days for a short training on XXXXXX which was……….VO Cuts in..

VO: I am approving your visa (Types for a while…. returns my I-20 and gave me white Paper) grin grin………I will hold on to your passport but you will need those at POE……….. can’t rem the rest…..Enjoy your studies.
Me: Thank you and have a nice day (smiling) cheesy grin grin grin
VO: You too

Prayer is key...... Prepare well too and leave the rest to God.

Babe Congrats.. Na God do am for you and am so..so happy for you like kilode but at the same time i don't like commenting on transcript that has XXXYYZZ tins. cool
Sup bro, I got admission for ETSU as well. Plz I'd like us to connect. I tried sending a pm but don't seems get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

I can't see any successes. Perhaps you can lend me your glasses?
Visa interviews I mean... cool
But for a country, we are experiencing what other nations experienced. Don't let the success of other nations cloud the fact that Nigeria is at its infant stage. Our Tribe, religion, political and psychological orientation has been influenced by all kinds of vices that stretch all the way from our independence till date and even before 1960. So add value to Nigeria Twoods!!! Tell us what you have done to improve these challenges. Every body can complain....it takes courage to act differently

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2017
electronic:

Visa interviews I mean... cool
But for a country, we are experiencing what other nations experienced. Don't let the success of other nations cloud the fact that Nigeria is at its infant stage. Our Tribe, religion, political and psychological orientation has been influenced by all kinds of vices that stretch all the way from our independence till date and even before 1960. So add value to Nigeria Twoods!!! Tell us what you have done to improve this challenges. Every body can complain....it takes courage to act differently

If you saw a 50-year old "infant", wouldn't you feel sorry for him?

You are right that it takes courage to act differently, but it also takes honest courage to know when to stop wasting your time trying to change a people who are firmly uninterested in change. Even the bible says your number 1 priority is not your nation, but your family.

Lets not look too far, Nigeria's problems are laid bare here - we are essentially a nation of corrupt and intellectually lazy people. We've basically mortgaged our ability to think to "prayer" and "testimonies". We should be ashamed... no other nation in the world (well except India) spends this much time "praying" for a US visa.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

You are right that it takes courage to act differently, but it also takes honest courage to know when to stop wasting your time trying to change a people who are firmly uninterested in change. Even the bible says your number 1 priority is not your nation, but your family.

Lets not look too far, Nigeria's problems are laid bare here - we are essentially a nation of corrupt and intellectually lazy people. We've basically mortgaged our ability to think to "prayer" and "testimonies". We should be ashamed... no other nation in the world (well except India) spends this much time "praying" for a US visa.
No doubt our " Papa and MaMa syndrome" has robbed a lot of Nigerians of common sense!!
But eventually we would get there. Infact I thank God for this recession it has taught the Nation a lot of lessons....
I just pray I can be part of the New Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 7:11am On Jun 09, 2017
[quote author=sputos post=57331220]Form A is used for School fees payment...all u need do is visit any commercial bank u have acct with
I think the exchange rate is N360/dollar
Of cos u can pay sevis fee, visa fee, fill ds-160 and book appointment in 3days sef (But are u ready for the interview cos i dont understand the rush)
Benefit from bank or Federal Govt...that i dont know ...Lol

Thanks sputos. I actually asked because my I-20 might come later in July and am expected to resume school campus no later than August 30. So am asking if I can get everything done in two weeks and prepare to enter trump land before August 30.

I actually tot the cbn would be used to wire tuition payment to usa school account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 7:16am On Jun 09, 2017
Anyone going to Florida international university?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dephilosopher: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Lolsssssss u are my man. U gat d same thinking as me. I love ur write ups. We are really a nation of lazy people who always hope for manna from above. We neglect work and turn to prayer every time as if God is a magician. Whoever does not work, must not eat so says the lord. I hope one day we will change our mentality
TWoods:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dephilosopher: 7:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Pls is there anyone here who finished from university of Benin? I gat some questions to ask pls. Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Vwederian(m): 7:52am On Jun 09, 2017
Zeng:

VO: (With a smile) Good morning

Me: (Also replied with a smile) Good morning

VO: Pass me your passport and I-20 please

Me: (Passed it to him)

VO: So tell me about the school you are going to

Me: The school I'll be going to is National University. It is was established in 1971 and is accredited by the WASC. And the Computer science courses there have a good balance in theory and practice.

VO: Okay. So how many schools did you apply to?

Me: Just 2

VO: What's the name of the other school?

Me: Michigan Technological University

VO: And were you offered admission at MTU?

Me: No

VO: What standard tests did you take?

Me: I took the TOEFL.

VO: Did you take the (looking at my I
-20) GRE?

Me: No

VO: Who will be sponsoring your studies?

Me: My Aunt

VO: What does she do?

Me: (told him)

VO: When did you graduate from your Bachelor's?

Me: 2012

VO: And you did you NYSC?

Me: Yes

Me: Well I worked with .....(a Christian organization). It wasn't a real job, but I worked with them for about 2 years before I moved to Lagos and got a job at .....(my current workplace).

VO: And what do you do there?

Me: Well I'm a Data processor/customer relations officer.

VO: Okay. (bringing out a white sheet of paper and passing it to me with my I-20) Here's your I-20, you will be needing it when you get on the plane...etc.

I'm so grateful to everyone here for their advice. That's why I took the time to drop this as my own way of helping someone.

My advice: ask for grace and favour of God as you go. I wasn't particularly well prepared but just found I just had the answer needed as questions were asked. And please, read as many transcripts as possible to prepare your mind for like questions, but don't cram any answers. It's best to sound natural.
This is the transcript i have been waiting for. I did not write GRE so i am scared i might be denied for it. Reading your transcript has encouraged me to request my form I-20 from the school. Spring 2018 here i come.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 8:12am On Jun 09, 2017
Vwederian:

This is the transcript i have been waiting for. I did not write GRE so i am scared i might be denied for it. Reading your transcript has encouraged me to request my form I-20 from the school. Spring 2018 here i come.

haha. well done o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by koczee: 8:22am On Jun 09, 2017
Thank you @ookeowo1@student.gs.edu for assisting me with payment of my Sevis fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Everest1989(m): 8:24am On Jun 09, 2017
so does it mean if someone did not take the GRE, TOFEL, SAT etc, he /she won't get visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sharles: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Vwederian:

I sent you a PM. Please reply. I would like to relate with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blacnewton(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2017
texrem:

PM mee

Sent you an email boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by donanod(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2017
ogoji:
Been a SILENT follower of this thread for the last 1month, With a grateful HEART to the almighty GOD, VISA was APPROVED this morning at walter carrington. 7:00 a.m batch. Thanks to the house for the experience, GURUS and none GURUS, especially my FRIEND turn BROTHER @donanod.
God Bless US all as we wait for more approval, my brother donanod, you are next in line.

TRANSCRIPT LOADING shocked

Don't mention it man, that's what brothers are for.
All thanks and praise to God!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gustavo440: 9:23am On Jun 09, 2017
good morning house. i got admission to ETSU and i have a baby of 1year and some months.pls i want to know whether i will take her along during my visa interview or what is the procedure i need to follow is allow her come with me.thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.