Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693110 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

Why not? You don't like to pray anymore?

Lol... My generation needs more prayer and i won't stop praying so that I won't become a prey. gringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by olusholaosas: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
Thanks for the good and kind words... #motivation at top gear
sobastical:

Mummy has answered you, now go and do the normal thing jor

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
shabol54:
Visa approved today at Lagos Consulate……
I got to the embassy around 5.45am for my 6.30am appointment. The queue was very long…….I was like una no dey sleep? grin grin grin…… Then my partner in crime arrived......@princegee........we found our way from the back to be amongst the first 5 in queue…… Main Hall…….. I was 8th in queue and 2nd person to be interviewed by one very fine young white Lady at window 4. The first lady she interviewed got a white paper eventually from her sha after a very long conversation with the VO. I was even getting tired sef……. But then I remembered 64K…… Fast forward…….
VO: Good morning, sevis and I-20 pls
Me: I obliged. Good morning and how was your night?
VO: Oh great, Thank you (With a smile) Why are you going to the USA?
Me: I am going for my Master’s degree in Engineering Technology with a concentration in Construction Technology at East Tennessee State University, Johnson City.
VO: Why ETSU?
Me: (I almost choked, the VO told me to relax before answering the question… …See favour cheesy grin) I chose ETSU because the cost of living at ETSU is relatively cheaper when compared to that of UF and CSUEB. Besides, the school’s Eng Tech Dept offers a concentration in Construction Technology with active research in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy which aligns with my career goal and …..……VO cuts in
VO: What did you study at Undergraduate Level?
Me: I studied Building Technology from XXXXXXX
VO: oooh, Building Technology…….. (Nodding her head) When did you graduate?
Me: 2011
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I did a year NYSC from Mar 2012 to Mar 2013 at XXXXX after which I was retained as a XXXXXXX and later promoted to XXXXX which is my designation till date. My responsibilities are Conceptual planning and design, Monitoring and ensuring contractors deliver the project in terms of quality, time and delivery within budget, Preparing Buildability and Maintainability analysis for …………….. VO cuts in………

VO: What are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will be coming back to team up with my organization's research and design team to address the technical issues…….. VO cuts in………..
VO: So who is paying?
Me: my dad

VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a Building Contractor and also into the sales of building materials and equipments

VO: Did you write any standardized tests like GMAT or GRE and what was your score?
Me: Yes, I wrote the GRE, Quant-148, Verb- 141, Total Score 289/Analytical: 3.0

VO: Good (nodding her head….) she held my passport and picks a white paper. Then she paused shocked shocked as she noticed a visa on my passport (fear catch me small as I no first understand wetin happen)

VO: wait…. Wait... I see you’ve been to Malaysia, how long and what for? Looking at my passport
Me: I was in Kuala Lumpur for Bleep Days for a short training on XXXXXX which was……….VO Cuts in..

VO: I am approving your visa (Types for a while…. returns my I-20 and gave me white Paper) grin grin………I will hold on to your passport but you will need those at POE……….. can’t rem the rest…..Enjoy your studies.
Me: Thank you and have a nice day (smiling) cheesy grin grin grin
VO: You too

Prayer is key...... Prepare well too and leave the rest to God.

Awon Mummy....Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
opemide007:
The woman on 1st desk didn't gimme my int'l passport and she didn't say I'm approving your visa like @texrem did when conducting mock interview for me. She just gave me a white paper.
Well, I'll give proper analysis of all that happened at the consulate and the conversation I had with the woman later pls
#jonsingfriday dazzal we roll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sirhamilton(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
Walspring:

Lol... My generation needs more prayer and i won't stop praying so that I won't become a prey. gringringrin

Please check your mail sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
sirhamilton:

Please check your mail sir

Why not ask your question here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
Levels731:
My visa was approved on Wed, when should I be expecting to hear from them for passport collection. Because I really need to leave Lagos...
and u no fit share transcript abi. undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sammark: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
My brothers and sisters.... Good people of NairaLand a.k.a NairaLanders... GoodFriday.

Please I wanna take GRE.
What's the first step I ought to take?

How and where do I acquire the form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
sobastical:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Yes my brother, some people are really having a good life there too
this thread they hot ooo.. U like aporoko ooo cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by olusholaosas: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
Sammark, thanks for asking that question, I was about asking same question.
sammark:
My brothers and sisters.... Good people of NairaLand a.k.a NairaLanders... GoodFriday.

Please I wanna take GRE.

How and where do I acquire the form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
sobastical:

Cc Walspring, Lagosismyhome texrem and co's grin
u no fit EPP am?

Runs out with speed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
Please fellow Flight Bookers!!!
Please what's the Cheapest Flight on earth from [ LOS to JFK ] Between 1st to 15th of August
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by timmb(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
My good people. I want to be on safe side.... Pls what are the complete documents required for interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
electronic:
Please fellow Flight Bookers!!!
Please what's the Cheapest Flight on earth from [ LOS to JFK ] Between 1st to 15th of August
grin
search:: google is ya friend bra..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
Take your time oo
No spoil my fun

smithsydny:
this thread they hot ooo.. U like aporoko ooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
smithsydny:
u no fit EPP am?

Runs out with speed
cheesy grin grin shocked shocked angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
sobastical:
Take your time oo
No spoil my fun

oboy nah count down I dey ooo.. Pray for Me ooo.. Shengen visa landing soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
olusholaosas:
Sammark, thanks for asking that question, I was about asking same question.

sammark:

Please I wanna take GRE.

GRE we posted this many times and also there is
another thread for GRE ..here the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/243

To Register : Either go to ETS and register $195

or

check this company that registers 50k naira
B.Y Mafit Ltd, MAN House
House,
Above Access Bank PLC.,
77, Obafemi Awolowo Way,
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
smithsydny:
search:: google is ya friend bra..
I mean deep Searching not Google..... grin
The travel agents here know what I mean... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
You don do the IELTS?

You go get am surely
smithsydny:
oboy nah count down I dey ooo.. Pray for Me ooo.. Shengen visa landing soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
Use wakanow to search for flights.
Check Maroc
electronic:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
mudi1012:
If you don't want to pray keep it to yourself ..Don't come here to discourage others who believe in God and the power of prayer..Prayer changes everything i can testify to that anytime, anywhere and any day

Everyone likes to pray... the problem is your "prayers" are essentially self serving. You can't pray your way to a visa if you're deemed unqualified. Even god honors the hard work of others and is not going to allow a bunch of lazy and incompetent people flood a country of people who not only also believe in prayer, but in hard work, honesty and strength of character.

Nigeria's problem isn't a lack of prayer, it is that too often, that prayer is simply a crutch for a people who are desperate and a cover for dishonesty. Most of you won't be praying as soon as you get out of your country.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
electronic:

no be only deep searching nah deep frying grin use this online checks naaa.. Travel stat.. And the test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
OluDare01:
Use wakanow to search for flights.
Check Maroc
But hope wakanow doesn't have hidden charges ?
Or are their quotes same as when one is about to pay...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
sobastical:
You don do the IELTS?

You go get am surely
not important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
Walspring:

Check the history of American generations you are talking about like many years ago and you will realized that they prayed more than us. Imagine a country with motto IN GOD WE TRUST do you think it was last 2-5 generations did that for the country?

At the same time Americans were praying, they were busy inventing electricity, oil, nuclear energy, automobiles etc. We just spend all weekend blocking highways to show that we are "praying".

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

At the same time Americans were praying, they were busy inventing electricity, oil, nuclear energy, automobiles etc. We just spend all weekend blocking highways to show that we are "praying".

Lol... Your shades no be here oo cool

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
smithsydny:
not important
Oh okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by michelcedric(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
Good day Gurus. Below is my profile

Cgpa: 3.29/5
General Microbiology (Bsc)

I intend taking GRE and Toefl in the coming months.
My search for schools has led me to the following schools :

University of Nebraska - Lincoln
University of Delaware.
University of Arizona

I'd like your input on my chances of getting funding considering my low GPA.
What do I need to do to boost my chances, also does any one have any value information on my selected schools which I could use to my favor

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hello, good afternoon.

Please, I helped someone to apply for an American visa some days ago.

Sango Otta,Ogun State, Nigeria is the place of birth. While Ikoyi, Lagos State Nigeria is the place of residence.

Surprisingly to me on the print out, Ikoyi,Nigeria came out as PLACE OF BIRTH instead of PLACE OF RESIDENCE. Perhaps a mistake while registering.

Please, how can this be rectified?

Will it affect her at the interview later this month(considering the fact that it contradicts the Sango Otta on her International Passport)?

What can she urgently do to save her life?

Thank you so much.

Accept please the assurance of my highest regard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mudi1012: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Lol grin grin grin grin
Capitas7:
thank you plenty boss. I couldn't say thank you because of a ban
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

Everyone likes to pray... the problem is your "prayers" are essentially self serving. You can't pray your way to a visa if you're deemed unqualified. Even god honors the hard work of others and is not going to allow a bunch of lazy and incompetent people flood a country of people who not only also believe in prayer, but in hard work, honesty and strength of character.

Nigeria's problem isn't a lack of prayer, it is that too often, that prayer is simply a crutch for a people who are desperate and a cover for dishonesty. Most of you won't be praying as soon as you get out of your country.

Hello, good afternoon.

Please, I helped someone to apply for an American visa some days ago.

Sango Otta,Ogun State, Nigeria is the place of birth. While Ikoyi, Lagos State Nigeria is the place of residence.

Surprisingly to me on the print out, Ikoyi,Nigeria came out as PLACE OF BIRTH instead of PLACE OF RESIDENCE. Perhaps a mistake while registering.

Please, how can this be rectified?

Will it affect her at the interview later this month(considering the fact that it contradicts the Sango Otta on her International Passport)?

What can she urgently do to save her life?

Thank you so much.

Accept please the assurance of my highest regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.