Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692231 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

GRE we posted this many times and also there is
another thread for GRE ..here the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/243

To Register : Either go to ETS and register $195

or

check this company that registers 50k naira
B.Y Mafit Ltd, MAN House
House,
Above Access Bank PLC.,
77, Obafemi Awolowo Way,
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

Hello, good afternoon.

Please, I helped someone to apply for an American visa some days ago.

Sango Otta,Ogun State, Nigeria is the place of birth. While Ikoyi, Lagos State Nigeria is the place of residence.

Surprisingly to me on the print out, Ikoyi,Nigeria came out as PLACE OF BIRTH instead of PLACE OF RESIDENCE. Perhaps a mistake while registering.

Please, how can this be rectified?

Will it affect her at the interview later this month(considering the fact that it contradicts the Sango Otta on her International Passport)?

What can she urgently do to save her life?

Thank you so much.

Accept please the assurance of my highest regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
michael1385:
The guy wey interview me today don seize my passport say mak a go pick am for isolo after 3working days.
Na God grace oooo....I really want to appreciate everyone on dis forum. You've been awesome.
Visa transcript loading

Hello, good afternoon.

Sango Otta,Ogun State, Nigeria is the place of birth. While Ikoyi, Lagos State Nigeria is the place of residence.

Surprisingly to me on the print out, Ikoyi,Nigeria came out as PLACE OF BIRTH instead of PLACE OF RESIDENCE. Perhaps a mistake while registering.

Will it affect her at the interview later this month(considering the fact that it contradicts the Sango Otta on her International Passport)?

Thank you so much.

Accept please the assurance of my highest regard.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
electronic:

I mean deep Searching not Google..... grin
The travel agents here know what I mean... wink

Oya use Edo broomstick airways grin grin. It's very cheap, fast and reliable wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
I just got this now...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
AmbodOfLASU:

Hello, good afternoon.

Thank you so much.

Calm down biko...how many times will u post it .

Also save her life .... untop US visa shocked shocked.... It is really not that deep that one mistake on a form is now a matter of life and death

Although i dont really have any advice but surely a ds 160 form can be corrected so kindly calm down

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Also save her life .... untop US visa shocked shocked.... It is really not that deep that one mistake on a form is now a matter of life and death

Although i dont really have any advice but surely a ds 160 form can be corrected so kindly calm down

Lool. She has been so tensed.

At what point can that be corrected?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
You have to make a reservation and pay as soon as possible. Call them to make sure your reservation is still valid. When I used them, I made 3 reservations and paid for one out of the three within 24 hours. They called me to ask before cancelling the other reservations.
Hope I answered your question?
electronic:

But hope wakanow doesn't have hidden charges ?
Or are their quotes same as when one is about to pay...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

lol i've been lazy of recent but this weekend might be a good time to start up - great weather!

FYI - for those seeking to come to the US, i can't recommend the northeast enough. Texas is way overrated... the weather is like being in Lagos all over again.

@bolded, for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Lol. She has been so tensed since then.

At what point can it be corrected?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
AmbodOfLASU:

Hello, good afternoon.

Thank you so much.

Is she travelling for medical reasons shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
biikeys:

Is she travelling for medical reasons shocked

No. For a Summit/Conference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
donanod:
Visa was approved yesterday and its worthy of me to give back to a thread that GOD used to ease my tension and prepare me for the said day.

VO; Now lets get straight to the point, Tell me about your school
ME; University of Texas at arlington, is located at the northeastern part of texas, it has been classsified by the carnegie foundation as a tier-1 reaserch institution in the US and they have quite a number of faculty members with Phds in my area of interest.

VO; what was your undergraduate degree
ME; Pure and Applied Mathematics

Thanks again house God bless us all as the approvalS keeps coming in.

Congrats. There are a few UT Arlington folks here..you can reach out with helping you settle down

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
OluDare01:
You have to make a reservation and pay as soon as possible. Call them to make sure your reservation is still valid. When I used them, I made 3 reservations and paid for one out of the three within 24 hours. They called me to ask before cancelling the other reservations.
Hope I answered your question?
Yeah bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
AmbodOfLASU:

Hello, good afternoon.

Thank you so much.

You can mail them and explain to them
Hope the interview date is not closer? so that there can enough time to fix it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
Anyone going to Florida international university this fall?..

Pls if you are going to FIU, PM me let's hookup

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Wow you dont mean it......so Everyone here never plans to come back ??.... No make the VO hear you ooooo ... grin

I do know loads of people that have returned back for whatever reason.

Don't you think they are aware ever since ? Can someone who is willing to come back be looking for H1B? Anyway nah just my own thinking oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
shayhune:

Oya use Edo broomstick airways grin grin. It's very cheap, fast and reliable wink
Heheheee no be your fault....
But honestly, Why can't Emirates do promo na.....
sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
sobastical:

Walspring come and swallow that statement oo make VO no see am abegi...biko

Lol... gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogoji(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
Visa was approved yesterday and its worthy of me to give back to a thread that GOD used to ease my tension and prepare me for the said day.

I was at VI by 5:50a.m but missed my way before arriving the embassy at 6:25a.m. entering the presmisses it was raining heavily, so people stayed under a tampoline shed to the right of the gate. Give it to those TOUTS at the embassy, they can make money out anything; one was on my neck with different scopes, like internet available and coloured DS160 pasport photographs and the likes. but This thread helped me hold my stands with a deaf hear to them. By 6:40a.m the rain subsided and i was able to make it into the embassy compound proper and i was safe from the downpour that started again.

after all the checkpoints, and searching i was done with biometrics, and joined the waiting line. My people I-20 be like pure water for my eyes ooh, its like the whole naija wan go study abroad ooh. The first approval i noticed was @princeG23, who lectred the chinko guy and was beginning to over do it(Over confidence from nairaland thread). all the approved here i recognised.

I was interviewed by the guy in window 5 whom the person behind me already complained rejected him his lastattempt, and also rejected who was before me for wanting to learn a trade in a salon.

VO; morning
ME; good morning

VO; pass me your passport and i-20
ME; passed it to him while asking how he was.

VO; Now lets get straight to the point, Tell me about your school
ME; University of Texas at arlington, is located at the northeastern part of texas, it has been classsified by the carnegie foundation as a tier-1 reaserch institution in the US and they have quite a number of faculty members with Phds in my area of interest.

VO; Did you apply to any other schools
ME; yes i did, University of TEXAS at arlington, and University of North Dakota at Grandforks, University of louissianna at Lafayette

VO; what was your undergraduate degree
ME; Pure and Applied Mathematics

VO; When did you graduate
ME; 2012

VO; I get you must have done youe NYSC after that, so what have you been doing since then.
ME; I have been working since then even till now

VO; So what do you do where you work
ME; I help students prepare for the GRE, GMAT and SAT in Mathematics

VO; Oooooh so you are something like a math tutor
ME; Yeah

VO; So who is paying
ME; My dad

VO; What does he do
ME; He is a retired government official, but currently into Poultry Farming

VO; Okay so now tell me something about mathemtics, say Calculus
ME; (As at this point i now GOD had sealed the Job) I made him know i was laughing at the Question before i responded [Calculus is a mathematical tool in analysis used in studying change].

VO; Passes me a document which i imagined to be my I-20 ans says you would be needing this at the POE............
me; Me with JOY i placed it in my folder and merried home. It was when i got back to my office later in the day and looking up our thread, that i read @princeG23's trancript that i remembered i didnt see my own white paper. But dont worry GUYS it was chilling inside my I-20 at home.

Special thanks to GOD and all who contribute to this THREAD.
NB....... Do your work Physically by studying the thread and mastering trancsripts, and also your work spiritually by PRAYING and Fasting, whichever way works for you. But the GOD FACTOR can never be OVEREMPHASIZED

Thanks again house God bless us all as the approvalS keeps coming in.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
AmbodOfLASU:

Hello, good afternoon.

Thank you so much.

You fill a new one to rectify it and make sure you update the new ds160 application ID back on the interview appointment page and print a new one for interview because if not the 64k is going to be wasted if care is not taken

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
sirhamilton:

Please check your mail sir

Okay I will later in the night
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 2nex(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
Good evening house. Please kindly help out wit the list of schools in the USA for phd students(scholarship). Also list of schools in the USA for Msc students(cheaper rate)...pls it's urgent..help a bro.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
Walspring:

You fill a new one to rectify it and make sure you update the new ds160 application ID back on the interview appointment page and print a new one for interview because if not the 64k is going to be wasted if care is not taken

Okay sir. Thank you so much. But,, will the interview date still be the same day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

At the same time Americans were praying, they were busy inventing electricity, oil, nuclear energy, automobiles etc. We just spend all weekend blocking highways to show that we are "praying".

Yes you are on point. Lemme ask how do you want to help Nigeria because all these talk here won't work unless we make a move.

we have bad leaders who are selfish and self centered and what they have in their memory is all about sharing tax payee money while we have followers who are coward to confront the leaders and that why majority don't want to come back home due to fear and they don't want to die untimely.

I read or was told that we are about to borrow 1billion or 1 trillion dollars 2 days ago but elite people like you, me, NLC and others who knowledgeable are afraid to challenge that plan and which is the major problem here.

Our resources are being wasted daily and no person like fela to take front and voice out.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
mudi1012:
If you don't want to pray keep it to yourself ..Don't come here to discourage others who believe in God and the power of prayer..Prayer changes everything i can testify to that anytime, anywhere and any day

100 million likes for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
AmbodOfLASU:

Okay sir. Thank you so much. But,, will the interview date still be the same day?

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AmbodOfLASU: 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Walspring:

Let's give the thanks to God

Yes sir. But, will the interview date change after the form is reuploaded on the interview portal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
TWoods:

At the same time Americans were praying, they were busy inventing electricity, oil, nuclear energy, automobiles etc. We just spend all weekend blocking highways to show that we are "praying".

Lol...typical Nigerian, always stand aside to castigate and point out our problems but never do anything to salvage the situation.
Funny how you listed all those things above without mentioning that their young able bodied men like you didn't leave the country then for a greener pasture and at the same time hoping those left behind would be busy inventing electricity,oil,nuclear energy and automobiles.
Why didn't you leave America for Nigeria after your studies to contribute your own quota to the country? Were you born in America? What have you done to help Nigeria be a better country like the country you are in?
You once posted here that you've both American and British citizenship,so I'm asking you this, while those people were developing their country,were they looking for other nationals citenzenship here and there.
I see you as someone who has this holier than thou attitude, egocentric and ...
Don't come here to be the type of Nigerians that rant online while enjoying the comfort of America. If you're so pained and so bothered about Nigeria, there's nothing stopping you from booking the next available flight to Nigeria and let's build the nation together to be a better place for us all to dwell in, since our leaders have failed us,keep failing us and will always fail us .

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.