Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (691928 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tayonani: 4:54am On Jun 16, 2017
PabloTrinity:
OK as earlier promised, please find below my interview script:

VO: Good morning.

Me: Good morning, how was your night?

VO: Great (sipping his coffee)

VO: Tell me about the School you will be attending.

Me: The name of the school is Vanderbilt University, one of the top 15 universities in the US commonly referred to as the Southern Ivy.

VO: O yea (he nods and smiles whilst typing)

VO: What course would you be offering?

Me: Master of laws (LLM)

VO: Oh I understand it's mostly for foreign trained lawyers.

Me: Yea

VO: Do you have an LL.B

Me: Yes

VO: What school

Me: XXXX University

VO: Tell me about the course because am quite interested.

Me: The LL.M program at Vanderbilt is divided into 3 categories 1.The Course Track 2. The Thesis Track and 3.The Law and Business Track. I am particularly interested in the Law and Business Track because it affords me the opportunity to learn courses such as introduction to accounting, corporate finance, securities regulations, corporate taxation etc (VO keeps nodding and typing)

VO: Who is paying for your trip.

Me: I am on scholarship while the rest will be taken care of by XXXX Enterprise. (Mums business name)

VO: Your visa is approved, pick it up at ....Enjoy your stay in America.

That was God in action. Thanks to everyone for their useful contribution on this thread, particularly also to my queries in the past. God bless.

I guess the fulcrum is for applicants to be quite genuine (if you are not, look it), firm and confident. Know about your school and course. Then pray to God and the rest for HIM. I was interviewed by the slim handsome VO, sitting next to the Chinese man.

,very correct, I was told by my admission coord at California mirarma uni, congrat ma

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2017
Visa Approved Today...6:30am appointment... for my #Bloodsis.. cheesy cheesy cheesy God did it. Transcript loading

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by francophone134: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2017
Please and please, I solicit the help of everyone to comment as soon as possible and to an accurate degree. There have been a varying view of whether one can do masters in the US with HND, so I wanna know how possible is it and the procedures to go about it . I presently hold HND in accounting (CGPA of 3.41/4). Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2017
OluDare01:
level731

Lagos to Washington Dulles is the cheapest route for now. You can check Maroc and compare the price with that of Miami.

No be this Maroc dem talk say mosquitoes dey bite travellers!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2017
francophone134:
Please and please, I solicit the help of everyone to comment as soon as possible and to an accurate degree. There have been a varying view of whether one can do masters in the US with HND, so I wanna know how possible is it and the procedures to go about it . I presently hold HND in accounting (CGPA of 3.41/4). Thanks.

This is a trivial question. Just have your transcript evaluated by a reputable evaluation body in the US E.g WES. Take the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS with good score, bro you are ready to connect your fight to Yankee. should you need further help, PM me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by francophone134: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2017
Pm bro
folmus:

This is a trivial question. Just have your transcript evaluated by a reputable evaluation body in the US E.g WES. Take the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS with good score, bro you are ready to connect your fight to Yankee. should you need further help, PM me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 8:16am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PabloTrinity: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2017
OluDare01:
PabloTrinity congratulations and welcome to Tennessee.
Vanderbilt is a great school and I'm sure you'll enjoy it down here.

Thanks bro. Quite hopeful. Please privately send me your contact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2017
francophone134:
Pm bro

Will be looking forward to it, no msg yet.

Cheers!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2017
Wisely007:
Abeg who do passport recently for Lagos, I beg give me procedure because I be novice for this passport matter and I no want make them job me, your contribution will do a lot please help a brother make I fit go run the passport make I get set for fall18

PS- I need info on
1: require documents
2: amount
3: duration and the general process

Cc walspring
Oludare01
Lagosismyhome
MsNas
Texrem
Femi321
Electronic
In fact all nairalander grin

I believe this is something you can easily look up on google. Can't remember what and what exactly but I know you'd need a passport photograph and about 35k. For the duration, it takes about a month or so. Depends on the availability of booklets or some extraneous factor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
Visa approved. 6:30 am. Lagos. Transcript loading.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jyemsta(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
texrem:
Visa Approved Today...6:30am appointment... for my #Bloodsis.. cheesy cheesy cheesy God did it. Transcript loading
Congratulations, at least i go vacate kitchen now wey our baby sister don enter so...... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ecoleco: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Thanks to TOSJAME! He helped me pay the SEVIS fee at a very good rate, without extra charges and without hassles.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2017
Biggy911:
This is the time i need your Advice more... GURUS:
Am going for Fall 2017 and need a good advice before i pay for the SEVIS. I need to know what school stands out better here.

Georgia southern University- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 ISSUED. (MSAE, Applied Engineering in Elect-Elect)
Eastern Illinois University- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 ISSUED. (MS, Sustainable Energy & Technology)
Purdue University Northwest- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 NOT YET ISSUED. (MSECE, Engineering - Interdisciplinary)

My undergrad Major: Elect Elect Engineering.

PLEASE ADVICE ME AS MANY AS YOU CAN OOO!!!

Congratulations bro! There should be dudes on this platform who can help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2017
Wisely007:
Abeg who do passport recently for Lagos, I beg give me procedure because I be novice for this passport matter and I no want make them job me, your contribution will do a lot please help a brother make I fit go run the passport make I get set for fall18

PS- I need info on

Cc walspring
Oludare01
Lagosismyhome
MsNas
Texrem
Femi321
Electronic

You'll apparently need a passport photograph and your birth certificate. I wish you best of luck brother though you'll have to wait on it for a longer time, depending on the availability of booklet. Best of luck once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chibabe4Christ: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2017
electronic:

You are obviously trying to sneak in to USA..
They will so deny you E-Sister..
No vex...
Just go to Synagogue Abeg... No waste Money..

@Electronic, is that a mock or an advice? Why Should I sneak to USA when I have a comfortable job am doing in Naija.
Am well placed by the grace of God so please choose your words E-brother and don't be RUDE to people.
We are matured and should behave like one. There several better way to answer my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chibabe4Christ: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2017
@Electronic, is that a mock or an advice? Why Should I sneak to USA when I have a comfortable job am doing in Naija.
Am well placed by the grace of God so please choose your words E-brother and don't be RUDE to people.
We are matured and should behave like one. There several better way to answer my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chibabe4Christ: 9:47am On Jun 16, 2017
electronic:

No vex...

@Electronic, you don't wish people ill luck just like you wouldn't want anyone to do that to you.
I REJECT your words/pronunciation and i bet you I will still come back to this forum when I have gotten my visa, traveled and come back to Naija. This noble forum is not meant for abuse and naughty words but rather for members to learn alot from one another. So if you consider my question not useful leave it and allow noble members who have contributed already to continue with their meaningful contributions.
Thanks and God bless

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oyinthread: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone, just got to know about the thread. Am a graduate of microbiology cgpa 3.62 of 5, married with a kid. I love to take another degree in nursing science next year, I will appreciate information on what to do and how to go about it getting admission in those schools on scholarship. Also schools to apply to, am considering Usa and canada. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2017
oyinthread:
Hello everyone, just got to know about the thread. Am a graduate of microbiology cgpa 3.62 of 5, married with a kid. I love to take another degree in nursing science next year, I will appreciate information on what to do and how to go about it getting admission in those schools on scholarship. Also schools to apply to, am considering Usa and canada. Thanks

What do you mean by another degree? Another B.Sc or Masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oyinthread: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2017
Another Bsc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chibabe4Christ: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2017
electronic:

No vex...

@Electronic, you don't wish people ill luck just like you wouldn't want anyone to do that to you.
I REJECT your words/pronunciation and i bet you I will still come back to this forum when I have gotten my visa, traveled and come back to Naija. This noble forum is not meant for abuse and naughty words but rather for members to learn alot from one another. So if you consider my question not useful leave it and allow noble members who have contributed already to continue with their meaningful contributions.
Thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Hello my great E family!!!!!!!!! am really happy to be part of you guys!

I have some concerns which I will like to share with my noble family. I applied for student visa to Canada this year Jan but was denied though they stated I can re apply, but what pained me so much was that my company wanted to sponsor it.

That's by the way, I had plans to to see a gynea for medical investigation if i have gotten my Canadian visa but since they denied me I have made up my mind to apply to USA on medical grounds.

I have also applied for a pleasure (vacation) visit last year to USA but was also denied. am confused as I don't know if I will also be denied if I applied on medical grounds.

PLEASE my great family I need your advice as in what to do and how to go about it.

The main advice given here are for those going as a student.... in terms of medical there is another thread so most people here might not be able to give feedback. Best to visit that thread .

For medical , you would need to show a significant amount if asked, that you can pay for the treatment and i am guessing doctors report might help as well. But again the thread that focused on B1B2 is better to assist you than here that is F1 student visa...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2017
oyinthread:
Another Bsc

It's possible but your age might be obstacle with the US embassy. Canada will take you provided you meet all visa requirements. Hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2017
mjksho:
Visa approved. 6:30 am. Lagos. Transcript loading.

Yipeee! Congrats man!! God bless your new journey.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Biggy911:
Am going for Fall 2017 and need a good advice before i pay for the SEVIS. I need to know what school stands out better here.

Georgia southern University- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 ISSUED. (MSAE, Applied Engineering in Elect-Elect)
Eastern Illinois University- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 ISSUED. (MS, Sustainable Energy & Technology)
Purdue University Northwest- Admitted - NO GA - I-20 NOT YET ISSUED. (MSECE, Engineering - Interdisciplinary)

If money won't be an issue, go for Georgia Southern. It's a private, research hub.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2017
Wisely007:

PS- I need info on

Cc walspring
Oludare01
Lagosismyhome
MsNas
Texrem
Femi321
Electronic

Documents that prove your age, LGA, state and country of origin. Speak to any of the officers on duty, they'll show you what to do, where to go, in time. You should get your passport in a week, max.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2017
Biggy911:

Georgia Southern University will be my number one.

Go to Purdue Uni for accelerated Ph.D immediately

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.