Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,401 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692133 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:
Today 06/20/2017 at about 12:30 CST, I went to make sevis payment for a friend. On getting to the Western Union agent, I was surprised when he asked if it wasn't a scam after I told him I was to make the payment on behalf of someone in Nigeria.
I explained the whole sevis payment to him but still he wasn't convinced. He asked for my ID and after playing with his computer for some minutes, he told me he couldn't make the payment. I felt embarrassed but I didn't wanna cause a scene, I just walked away and went to another place to make the payment.
I totally understand a lot of "Nigerians" use WU for scam but isn't the coupon and my ID enough proof
I actually faced the same issue last fall. Once I mentioned helping someone from Nigeria do the payment, end of story. The embarrassment was indescribable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:27am On Jun 21, 2017
As in shame catch me o.
Naija scam is trending globally
sirRiddy:

I actually faced the same issue last fall. Once I mentioned helping someone from Nigeria do the payment, end of story. The embarrassment was indescribable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:
Today 06/20/2017 at about 12:30 CST, I went to make sevis payment for a friend. On getting to the Western Union agent, I was surprised when he asked if it wasn't a scam after I told him I was to make the payment on behalf of someone in Nigeria.
I explained the whole sevis payment to him but still he wasn't convinced. He asked for my ID and after playing with his computer for some minutes, he told me he couldn't make the payment. I felt embarrassed but I didn't wanna cause a scene, I just walked away and went to another place to make the payment.
I totally understand a lot of "Nigerians" use WU for scam but isn't the coupon and my ID enough proof

wow. i didnt even have to tender my ID.
sad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 6:37am On Jun 21, 2017
phawwaz:

Congrats but jus so u know three people are actually intwrviewing u 1.the camera when d real interview is not looking at you to see if ur composed
2.the person ur sitting face to face
3.he is typing is questions and your answers to anoda person in US
If two gives u yes u pass b daht

Lmfaoooo cheesy you are a joker. The VO decides your destiny as far as ur american dream is concerned. Its just you and the VO! Shikena. You re funny tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

Na wa ooo. Naija don cast! shocked angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phawwaz(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2017
Observer25:

I agree. Reason why they grant student visas for those pursing masters/pHD more than undergraduate studies.
It makes more economical sense.
i believe undergraduate student's dont know this place even exists that y u have that theory....thx to google na y i find dis page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phawwaz(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

I hope you're joking right
M Not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sheeda995(f): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2017
sirRiddy:
You may send a pm to Onoa, she is in a Nutrition science grad program.
https://www.nairaland.com/onoa
pm sent, thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phawwaz(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Lmfaoooo cheesy you are a joker. The VO decides your destiny as far as ur american dream is concerned. Its just you and the VO! Shikena. You re funny tho
Ok o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 7:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Good morning people, just left the Lagos Consulate.

I am Texas bound! Oluwa has answered!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

Itseither that Western union doesn't do quick pay (not all do) or the guy is an idiot....probably the latter . Can't blame him sha, naija use hand spoil the name

Also no need to mention naija... that na long story. I would just give the coupon because the money is not to be sent to naija but paid to US department...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:37am On Jun 21, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Itseither that Western union doesn't do quick pay (not all do) or the guy is an idiot....probably the latter . Can't blame him sha, naija use hand spoil the name

Also no need to mention naija... that na long story. I would just give the coupon because the money is not to be sent to naija but paid to US department...
at bold, he asked me. He's more like an idiot lol.
I had to go to Kroger to make the payment. It took less than 2 minutes

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sheeda995(f): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

congrat bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkdj1(m): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2017
texrem:
Transcript for my silent follower sister. Posted as received. When Grace speaks for you, You become unstoppable. I got to the embassy at 5.am. I started praying. Queuing started at 6.am. * I was number 20 on the queue.* I continued praying until we entered the main building. After all necessary processes. Interviewing started! I was just seeing people saying unnecessary stuffs. Mostly unprepared. Blue papers flying like pure water. There was this undergraduate guy who was interviewed by the lady that interviewed me. The lady asked why is he going to Florida. He said he love the beautiful cities and the atmosphere is like nigeria own, then most importantly he's interested in watching the biggest game between Real Madrid and Barca. The idiot was talking about el classico for embassy. Naso dem send am commot with hin blue paper. My heart beat faster, although my texrem prepared me for the task ahead and told me to pray and pray. Then the guy i was standing behind, was also given a blue paper. naso my heart collapse. I just started singing God of texrem show yourself today. I'm kidding! grin grin grin

Now My turn standing in front of the VO and speaking silently in tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy She was so furious and not happy with the student she has interviewed so far. Well, I said in my mind u must gimme my visa. then Grace speaks when i look up to God. Interview proper.

Me: Goodmorning Ma
VO: NO answer

Me Goodmorning ma(with a smile)
VO: Goodmorning, can i have your documents. (look into my i20, sevis, confirmation page)

VO: *OMG! this is perfectly arranged, did you arrange all this by yourself?*
Me: Yes Ma, I did. I replied with a stunning smile. (Remembering my texrem words: Maintain eye contact, be audible and smile)

VO: ETSU?
VO: Nice

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My Mum

VO: What does she do?
Me: She's a contractor...........

VO: I will be approving ur visa.
Me: Thank you.

I thank God first and foremost. Thanks to Texrem my blood for the confidence he instilled in me, and all the gurus in the house. You guys are wonderful! I remain the biggest silent follower.

Pray and be prepared. No document asked.

Dodo l'eleyi... Pepperish dodo shocked shocked... Abeg gimme water. @bolded,what and what document was arranged? I20 on sevis reciept abi sevis reciept on i20?
Edakun, abeg, Biko, yankuri easy with all these dodo you people always give us chop.
How did she know she's exactly number 20 on the queue...
No! I cannot eat this dodo

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkdj1(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
Pls o, guys that have got their F1 student visa, what is the expiration date usually written on it?
2years now, regardless of duration of your program. I think you get the extention at POE or your school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2017
Who has used USPS (NOT UPS Ooo) to ship I-20 from USA to Lagos Before?
was it reliable and cost effective and how many days delivery?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkdj1(m): 8:15am On Jun 21, 2017
gaviria:

Believe it or not. I know someone a visa officer told "everything you said is rubbish and doesn't make sense, but I'll be approving your visa". This is someone I know very well. So you can't predict a VO nor his/her mood. But OMG tho grin

Possibly.
But there was dodo in that transcript. Or perhaps @texrem did not include some things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2017
towbaynah:

Edakun, how did she arrange her documents? Please, I really would love to know.

When favour is at work...

Every thing you do just makes sense...

Just as for that kind of favour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkdj1(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2017
sirRiddy:

really saddening sad sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 8:37am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

I hope you're joking right

Sir,

I am waiting patiently for your reply..

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Congratulations..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2017
imperiouxx:

I'm half way done with the ids
Bravo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2017
VISA APPROVED 6:30AM THIS MORNING AT LAGOS CONSULATE...OLOWOGBOGBORO HAS DONE IT FOR ME JUST LIKE THAT!!!THE GOD OF D.K OLUKOYA HAS FAVOURED ME .
FIRST PERSON TO BE APPROVED,THAT HOW I STARTED CRYING WHEN HE GAVE ME WHITE PAPER,JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAVE NOT EVEN BEGAN TALKING.

TRANSCRIPT LOADING!!!

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

at bold, he asked me. He's more like an idiot lol.
I had to go to Kroger to make the payment. It took less than 2 minutes

cc; nestkojex
learn mate before arguing, mr salary payer lol wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Hmmmmm....I will start by saying Thank you Jesus because Only Him could have done this for me.
Fast forward to this morning,I got to the embassy at 5:05am,met a guy on queue and some awoff agent saying I should come and stample document together.I said ME,after everything I have read here,ori mi ko.

Thats how I joined the waiting queue...In my mind,I was praying to God.long story short,we entered into the main room...I saw the chinese guy deny the first guy,chai!he even asked the guy for his official email add for nigeria breweries on top this visa thing.
The pretty lady also denied the first guy she interviewd.That how window 5 said he was ready.An average looking man in his 40's.

Vo: With a great smile...Goodmorning(pass me your document)

Me:Goodmorning Sir with a large smile and passed my docs

VO:Smiled back .Why did you chose this school?

ME:I choose this school becos out of the 3 schools I applied to,only UCM has its curriculum and research focused on...(cuts in)

Vo:Tell me about this curriculum

Me:This curriculum is focused on Total quality management and lean six sigma,which is vital to me as am aspiring to be an industrial manager to understand six sigma for organizational process(cut me)(Mama gave me this line @lagosismyhome)

VO:How many schools did u apply to?

ME:University of central missouri,Univ of bridgeport and university of nottingham uk

VO:what is this course you are going for?

ME:Msc Industrial management

VO:What did you study in your undergraduate

ME:Mechanical engineering

VO:Who will be sponspring you

ME:My dad...he is a sucessful businessman who is into dangote distributorship of cement in three states and also has (he didnt allow me finish)

VO:he passed the white paper and said some things I was too dumb to hear
ME:I started saying,thank you sir repeatedly

No document was required .All this happened in 1min

Immediately I stepped outside,I saw a policewoman,begged her to allow me hug her and then I started to cry...I was just crying.I knew favour found me.

To this awesome family,may God bless you all.My particular appreciation to Texrem(brotherly brotherly!),lagosismyhome(Mama,you couldnt completely review my trqnscript but u gave me just a point that made this possible,thank you),bigfrancis21(Thank you sir)

P.s:I will be attending the university of central missouri for msc in industrial management.
PRAYER is the key to this visa thing most importantly and effort has to be invested in acquiring information and relevant knowledge.
#teamfall2017

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Congrats bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2017
Hello guyz.. I got a 1way ticket on Qatar airways for 250k for ending of July on wakanow and sadly this morning, it's above 300k.
Pls do u guyz know any other travel agency I can try out for hopefully the previous amount I got it for or cheaper?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2017
This is for those applying from Abj.
The waiting time to pick up the visa for me was 1 working day. So I guess you can make an estimate of 2 working days.
Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
The high rate of approvals from ppl who are produts of this thread just shows how important and beneficial this thread is.. Outside the GOD factor, You cannot come to this thread and leave empty handed, From sevis fee payment, dollar exchange, accomodations, mock interviews, you name it, you can have it all here.. Iam forever grateful to this thread and I salute those who are always here to keep the thread lively.. Another major advantage of this thread is that it lays emphasis on Do it yourself.. There by saving many from those Dubious agents who are out to rip ppl off..
Good morning My good people.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2017
Folsy:
Hello guyz.. I got a 1way ticket on Qatar airways for 250k for ending of July on wakanow and sadly this morning, it's above 300k.
Pls do u guyz know any other travel agency I can try out for hopefully the previous amount I got it for or cheaper?
Thanks.
Hello, Ticket prices are always going up cos seats are filling up real quick as we approach fall.. You can check up jumia travels or travelstart(not much different from wakanow).
Or you can try Egypt air.. I bought my ticket for N223,197 For August departure.. Allthough you might not be down with the lengthy 13hr layover in Cairo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

congrats bro, let your transcript roll in!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.