Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692226 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Congratulations everyone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2017
Please those recently approved.. post transcripts o.. am I the only one constantly checking This forum for approved transcripts grin
It gives this special joy when one of us get his visa approved..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:
Good morning people, just left the Lagos Consulate.

I am Texas bound! Oluwa has answered!!!

Congrats man!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by align360: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=Abimmbolar post=57716420]VISA APPROVED 6:30AM THIS MORNING AT LAGOS CONSULATE...OLOWOGBOGBORO HAS DONE IT FOR ME JUST LIKE THAT!!!THE GOD OF D.K OLUKOYA HAS FAVOURED ME .
FIRST PERSON TO BE APPROVED,THAT HOW I STARTED CRYING WHEN HE GAVE ME WHITE PAPER,JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I HAVE NOT EVEN BEGAN TALKING.

TRANSCRIPT LOADING!!!

I tap into your testimony grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sheeda995(f): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2017
Good day everyone, please what is required in a research work to be distinct and very good. I want to start my MSC project here in a Nigerian university, I need information on what US schools will see and like and what will make funding opportunity easier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2017
My Transcript - Approval was today.

Thank you all for your congratulatory messages. The winning started with arrriving early at the venue, interviewers were not settled yet, their blue paper issuance software never boot finish.

The smart lady in front of me (I think she was Abimmbolar) answered her questions neatly and got approved - nice way for the VO to 'start his hand'. I tot mine would be a breeze and it was - I went in after her.

Vo - Good morning
Me - Good morning

Vo - How are you doing? (Me sef fear for the courtesy)
Me - Fine thank you, how are you Sir?

Vo - Fine too, [in my mind.... This will go very well…] why Tamuk?
Me - I applied to 5 schools and got admitted to all of them so it wasn't an easy decision to make. [In my mind.... Vo must hear this..]

Other schools have ongoing researches in Security and safety, healthcare.... [Vo cuts in... excuse me... switches off the mic... rolls his chair backwards to speak to someone...]

[He returns...]

Me - As I was saying, others schools have ongoing research options in safety and security, transportation and shipping, healthcare and manufacturing but Tamuk offers an Operations research option in Energy and Oil and Gas production which is the industry I currently work in.

Vo - What was your undergraduate degree in?
Me - [asks him to repeat and he did]
Me - Mechanical Engineering. [Vo excuses himself again... switches mic off... slides back to talk to someone again]

Vo - Tell me about your course.
Me - [Well prepared] Industrial Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, analysis, evaluation and optimization of large systems and processes taking into consideration their interaction with machines, materials, and manpower. (I mentioned 5 considerations... can't recall all..)

Vo - What courses would you be doing.
Me - [Well prepared] Lean manufacturing, Advanced problems in I.E, Six sigma n ISO standards, Reliability Theory, Linear Programming... I named like 8. [He cuts me off...]

Vo - What is this scholarship in? [I didn't understand the question, replied all the same cos I didn't want to ask him to repeat...]
Me - I got a tuition waiver which entitles me to an in-state tuition payment and also I got a $1k scholarship which covers some costs of books.

Oga Sir started circling pick up location and said you want to pick up at Port Harcourt?...

Me - Yes Sir

He handed me back my i20, said and I heard all - 'you will need this at the point of entry' as he was giving me the white paper. [Na so I envision myself touching down at JFK... Connecting flight to Texas waiting].

I was glad I didn't have to pay the 64k again and then travel all the way to Lagos.... I remembered the song 'You Made a Way' by Travis Greene as I walked out....

A very big thanks to all those that comment here frequently, you keep the thread alive. You know yourselves, God will reward you richly!

A huge thanks to all those that posted and will post their transcripts, you do not know how much you have sowed into our lives. Without you all, I wouldn't have been able to compile transcripts for part 10 and easily get my approval today - please keep this going on.

Special thanks to meritdee (compiled Part 7) and ecoleco (compiled part 11). We need more people like you. Thank you all.... Oluwa by Eze.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2017
sheeda995:
Hi everyone here, please what are the prospects of doing Nutrition science or public health in the united state for either MSC or PHD. if their are no prospects for these, please what are other phd courses someone with health science education(School and community health edu) could do in the US that can guarantee one job after its completion and staying permanently in the United state

The prospect for nutrition is great, but before you apply, make sure the nutrition program is accredited by ACEND. Check these out...

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291031.htm

http://www.eatrightpro.org/resources/about-us/what-is-an-rdn-and-dtr/what-is-a-registered-dietitian-nutritionist
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2017
OluDare01:

I hope you're joking right

I tire mehn. I need proof right now!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:41am On Jun 21, 2017
tomisinobm:

wow. i didnt even have to tender my ID.
sad.

I have made this payment severally without showing my ID. This is crazy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by superheavy: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2017
Folsy:
Hello guyz.. I got a 1way ticket on Qatar airways for 250k for ending of July on wakanow and sadly this morning, it's above 300k.
Pls do u guyz know any other travel agency I can try out for hopefully the previous amount I got it for or cheaper?
Thanks.

try ajala.ng

I also noticed that flying from abuja is cheaper lol...goodluck mate

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2017
Abimmbolar:
Hmmmmm....I will start by saying Thank you Jesus because Only Him could have done this for me.
Fast forward to this morning,I got to the embassy at 5:05am,met a guy on queue and some awoff agent saying I should come and stample document together.I said ME,after everything I have read here,ori mi ko.

Thats how I joined the waiting queue...In my mind,I was praying to God.long story short,we entered into the main room...I saw the chinese guy deny the first guy,chai!he even asked the guy for his official email add for nigeria breweries on top this visa thing.
The pretty lady also denied the first guy she interviewd.That how window 5 said he was ready.An average looking man in his 40's.

Vo: With a great smile...Goodmorning(pass me your document)

Me:Goodmorning Sir with a large smile and passed my docs

VO:Smiled back .Why did you chose this school?

ME:I choose this school becos out of the 3 schools I applied to,only UCM has its curriculum and research focused on...(cuts in)

Vo:Tell me about this curriculum

Me:This curriculum is focused on Total quality management and lean six sigma,which is vital to me as am aspiring to be an industrial manager to understand six sigma for organizational process(cut me)(Mama gave me this line @lagosismyhome)

VO:How many schools did u apply to?

ME:University of central missouri,Univ of bridgeport and university of nottingham uk

VO:what is this course you are going for?

ME:Msc Industrial management

VO:What did you study in your undergraduate

ME:Mechanical engineering

VO:Who will be sponspring you

ME:My dad...he is a sucessful businessman who is into dangote distributorship of cement in three states and also has (he didnt allow me finish)

VO:he passed the white paper and said some things I was too dumb to hear
ME:I started saying,thank you sir repeatedly

No document was required .All this happened in 1min

Immediately I stepped outside,I saw a policewoman,begged her to allow me hug her and then I started to cry...I was just crying.I knew favour found me.

To this awesome family,may God bless you all.My particular appreciation to Texrem(brotherly brotherly!),lagosismyhome(Mama,you couldnt completely review my trqnscript but u gave me just a point that made this possible,thank you),bigfrancis21(Thank you sir)

P.s:I will be attending the university of central missouri for msc in industrial management.
PRAYER is the key to this visa thing most importantly and effort has to be invested in acquiring information and relevant knowledge.
#teamfall2017

Congrats my cute sister! A friend of mine got the Visa with just two questions this morning. I dont know what is happening! God is really working.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Airich01(m): 11:51am On Jun 21, 2017
Congratulations.
Abimmbolar:
Hmmmmm....I will start by saying Thank you Jesus because Only Him could have done this for me.
Fast forward to this morning,I got to the embassy at 5:05am,met a guy on queue and some awoff agent saying I should come and stample document together.I said ME,after everything I have read here,ori mi ko.

Thats how I joined the waiting queue...In my mind,I was praying to God.long story short,we entered into the main room...I saw the chinese guy deny the first guy,chai!he even asked the guy for his official email add for nigeria breweries on top this visa thing.
The pretty lady also denied the first guy she interviewd.That how window 5 said he was ready.An average looking man in his 40's.

Vo: With a great smile...Goodmorning(pass me your document)

Me:Goodmorning Sir with a large smile and passed my docs

VO:Smiled back .Why did you chose this school?

ME:I choose this school becos out of the 3 schools I applied to,only UCM has its curriculum and research focused on...(cuts in)

Vo:Tell me about this curriculum

Me:This curriculum is focused on Total quality management and lean six sigma,which is vital to me as am aspiring to be an industrial manager to understand six sigma for organizational process(cut me)(Mama gave me this line @lagosismyhome)

VO:How many schools did u apply to?

ME:University of central missouri,Univ of bridgeport and university of nottingham uk

VO:what is this course you are going for?

ME:Msc Industrial management

VO:What did you study in your undergraduate

ME:Mechanical engineering

VO:Who will be sponspring you

ME:My dad...he is a sucessful businessman who is into dangote distributorship of cement in three states and also has (he didnt allow me finish)

VO:he passed the white paper and said some things I was too dumb to hear
ME:I started saying,thank you sir repeatedly

No document was required .All this happened in 1min

Immediately I stepped outside,I saw a policewoman,begged her to allow me hug her and then I started to cry...I was just crying.I knew favour found me.

To this awesome family,may God bless you all.My particular appreciation to Texrem(brotherly brotherly!),lagosismyhome(Mama,you couldnt completely review my trqnscript but u gave me just a point that made this possible,thank you),bigfrancis21(Thank you sir)

P.s:I will be attending the university of central missouri for msc in industrial management.
PRAYER is the key to this visa thing most importantly and effort has to be invested in acquiring information and relevant knowledge.
#teamfall2017

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Gbayi!!! Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Abimmbolar:

Immediately I stepped outside[b],I saw a policewoman,begged her to allow me hug her [/b]and then I started to cry...I was just crying.I knew favour found me.

#teamfall2017

Lol. Asewo, why you no hug the men.... Congrats Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
Congratulations abimmbolar, looks like texrem is the king of mock interview. Well done @texrem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
234ng44uk:
Congratulations abimmbolar, looks like texrem is the king of mock interview. Well done @texrem.

cheesy cheesy cheesy King of Mock interview. I want to be the first king in Yankee. grin grin grin Thanks tho. I just have to keep giving back, until i have no life in me anymore.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TooMuchSauce: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Congratulations fam. Please share your transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
Biggy911:
Who has used USPS (NOT UPS Ooo) to ship I-20 from USA to Lagos Before?
was it reliable and cost effective and how many days delivery?
The USPS express that has tracking number is about $63 and it takes 3-5 business days. How effective? I cant say for now because the i20 is still in transit, but since there is tracking number and the receivers phone number is included,there shouldn't be any problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Congratulation. I remember you compile part 10 visa trancripts, selfless service like that cant go unrewarded. All the best in TAMUK.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gunnerson: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
Folsy:
Hello guyz.. I got a 1way ticket on Qatar airways for 250k for ending of July on wakanow and sadly this morning, it's above 300k.
Pls do u guyz know any other travel agency I can try out for hopefully the previous amount I got it for or cheaper?
Thanks.
All the agencies use the same Global Distribution System (GDS), the changing rate is a function of the airlines and not the agencies. Just keep checking everyday... you could be lucky to get it cheaper some day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Snowfalls: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
Congrats

[quote author=align360 post=57719724][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TooMuchSauce: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
iCool:

Thank you all for your congratulatory messages. The winning started with arrriving early at the venue, interviewers were not settled yet, their blue paper issuance software never boot finish.

The smart lady in front of me (I think she was Abimmbolar) answered her questions neatly and got approved - nice way for the VO to 'start his hand'. I tot mine would be a breeze and it was - I went in after her.

I was glad I didn't have to pay the 64k again and then travel all the way to Lagos.... I remembered the song 'You Made a Way' by Travis Greene as I walked out....

A very big thanks to all those that comment here frequently, you keep the thread alive. You know yourselves, God will reward you richly!

A huge thanks to all those that posted and will post their transcripts, you do not know how much you have sowed into our lives. Without you all, I wouldn't have been able to compile transcripts for part 10 and easily get my approval today - please keep this going on.

Special thanks to meritdee (compiled Part 7) and ecoleco (compiled part 11). We need more people like you. Thank you all.... Oluwa by Eze.

Way to go man. Big big congratulations man. Go pave the way for us #TeamSpring18

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
Abimmbolar:

(Mama gave me this line @lagosismyhome)

awww great news . So happy to see this .... Congrats and God bless your new journey Amen

lol @Mama

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teetea06: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello Mr Texrem can you please help with a mock interview,how do I go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
After paying for my visa fee at a GT Bank branch close to my place, I was given a receipt. I inputed the receipt number online, but it displayed this error message:

No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for.

Has anybody encountered this problem?

UPDATE(modified): I have sorted this out and scheduled an appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
texrem:

cheesy cheesy cheesy King of Mock interview. I want to be the first king in Yankee. grin grin grin Thanks tho. I just have to keep giving back, until i have no life in me anymore.
Word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
texrem:

heheheheh grin grin....... @bold no be lie ooo . As much as someone wants to help fellow Naija it does get too much . I am always afraid to check PM because it just too much from left and right

Kudos , you doing a brilliant job

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Awww...@iCool.I was on blue shirt and pant.Were you the guy behind him,who I told that I didnt sign my i-20?

iCool:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
Looool @Hushee.I'm a lady oooo.That y I hugged policewoman nah.I couldnt hold it down

Hushee:

Lol. Asewo, why you no hug the men.... Congrats Bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jvof231(m): 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good day, good ppl my interview is 2mao 6:30am pls can anybody help out qith mock interview pls cc: texrem, lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thank you sooooo much!

234ng44uk:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thank you somuch Sis...May you continue to grow in wisdom,knowledge and wealth.

LagosismyHome:

awww great news . So happy to see this .... Congrats and God bless your new journey Amen

lol @Mama

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.