Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (692199 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2017
imperiouxx:

Fact check:

In as much you're trying to make a point, try get the fact right.

At this point in time, the highest success on this thread was recorded between May 2016 - Aug 2016, which is Part 9.
That was my set which included SirRiddy, Gunther, Cutemorgan, Calfavour, and others. I think what helped was the fact that we've been on this thread for a while

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2017
Imperiouxx, Slimmy2005, OjaP, MsNas, Bigfrancis21lagosismyhome

Can Y'all share some job application tips I think it would go a long way as some of us would be rounding off our studies soon.
Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pingjosh(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hummm it only in money matter that my attention is needed oooo, so are u sharing money grin.... hustle has not allowed me see road

Will try and check my emails tomorrow

I just need ur help urgently pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2017
Mitchely:
OK, thanks for your response, they have been delaying ticketing my booking for a while now, though I am in touch with them. Hoping for the best.

Maybe its d hols? Not sure. I'm sure u'll be sorted.
U've paid ryt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2017
Walspring:

Oh you stay in Abuja

Lol... Y d sad face?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:43am On Jun 27, 2017
Folsy:

Lol... Y d sad face?

Because I should have come for visa approved celebration party. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tunddy(m): 7:48am On Jun 27, 2017
Good morning Nairalander I'm new on this thread....pls how do I apply to U.s.a schools for masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Phelickz98: 8:11am On Jun 27, 2017
Any one here going to Alcorn State University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 8:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Folsy:

Maybe its d hols? Not sure. I'm sure u'll be sorted.
U've paid ryt?
Yes, I paid immediately I booked. Hope so too, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2017
imperiouxx:

Fact check:

In as much you're trying to make a point, try get the fact right.

At this point in time, the highest success on this thread was recorded between May 2016 - Aug 2016, which is Part 9.
That statement was not meant to claim more success presently, but to convey a desire to achieve more..... smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by asiwaju87(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hunmmn so many people have gained tremendously by the precious time taken by texrem and others to coach for interview.... not everyone wants to share their personal stuff here but are more open to discuss generic non personal questions

Why would u want to discourage this that has helped others....

that's correct @Lagosismyhome. that dude is really making things happen and I hope in the next 10days I will share my own testimony giving glory to Almighty God and much appreciation to @Texrem for the time he actually takes to mentor and solidify me.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2017
imperiouxx:

I do.

It's the best school that makes applicants successfully get denied at the embassy.

Any more questions?
Lol......bug I've a friend that went to embassy and been given the visa oh .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2017
imperiouxx:

I do.

It's the best school that makes applicants successfully get denied at the embassy.

Any more questions?
Bro I was trying to send you an email message on nairaland buh wasn't going Tru ,pls kindly give me ur email Wana chat with you ,mine is pwaf2015@gmail.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saltylola20(f): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2017
It's such a great job you guys are doing here. I just gained admission to Tarleton State University, Fortworth campus, Texas, for my masters in Communication Studies. My interview is scheduled for next week Wednesday, can someone please create time to help me with mock interview by this weekend. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2017
Walspring:

Because I should have come for visa approved celebration party. gringringrin
;
Hahaha.. Lmao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2017
tunddy:
Good morning Nairalander I'm new on this thread....pls how do I apply to U.s.a schools for masters
1) You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 . Proceed to this thread to learn from people's experience about the exam
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-
gre/44#39955826

Go to this link and download how you can ace the GRE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view?usp=sharing

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. tho, some schools waive due to d fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country but u can write it if you have d capability as it will increase your chances of getting assistantship.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

2) Honestly, If I were you I will plan towards Fall, more opportunities open up in Fall because that's the main admission season in the US. However, you can still meet up with spring but everything will be at a rush which doesn't always help you to put in a good application.
3) Nobody knows how to write SOP until they start. It takes about 3weeks-4weeks to write a good worth graduate school SOP. The SOP is just as important as your gre score and CGPA.
4) In life it is always good to know how to fish than to always ask for fish from a fisherman, learn how to use google for some public knowledge questions. A quick google search would have given you the meaning of LOR. I am not discouraging you from asking questions but always try your best to research about your curiosity first, Infact no excuse for ignorance. LOR is letter of recommendation. Most times, you need 3 LORs from your undergraduate Lecturers.
5)In summary, go and prepare for gre to boost your chances of admit and funding. Few things in life are certain, admit and funding isn't one of them but you can only do your part and leave the rest to God.
The following link will help you in chasing your graduate school dream
http://graddecision.org/ ,
www.msinus.com , http://www.msinus.com/content/how-select-universities-ms-us-534/ www.4icu.org

credit: femi321

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2017
cuspy:

grin grin Are you feeling fine?

grin grin

I need mock interview for boarding the plane. Can you help out cheesy wink

cc princeGee23

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2017
OluDare01:

That was my set which included SirRiddy, Gunther, Cutemorgan, Calfavour, and others. I think what helped was the fact that we've been on this thread for a while

I discovered this from the big list of ids that I promised to work on. I would have posted them but I have been busy at work since that last week, so I don't have time to give it the final touching before posting them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2017
Mitchely:
That statement was not meant to claim more success presently, but to convey a desire to achieve more..... smiley

Got you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by asiwaju87(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2017
Walspring:

my schedules are very tight and i wish i could have time for this even some people who sent me pm i haven't reply them

Like me, i have sent you like one million and one pm, but i understand the tightness of your schedule cuz @Texrem actually explained things to me .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goldenfresh: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2017
Walspring:

Oh you stay in Abuja

Please sir can you help me with application fee payment? My access bank master card is bouncing back. I have the equivalent 50$ and 65$.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2017
Phelickz98:
Any one here going to Alcorn State University?

Have a cousin who goes there. Did you secure your visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Phelickz98: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
Observer25:

Have a cousin who goes there. Did you secure your visa?
Nah. Just want to apply for Fall2018. And I need someone to talk to.. Someone who's been through the process. U could connect me to ur cousin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
shayhune:

grin grin
I need mock interview for boarding the plane. Can you help out
You are not feeling fine! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by monimoni101: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please I need help... Does anyone know schools that DO NOT require GRE / GMAT / TOEFL for Masters program in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goldenfresh: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please sir/ma can you help me with application fee payment? My access bank master card is bouncing back. I have the equivalent 50$ and 65$.

Cc. Imperiouxx, Slimmy2005, OjaP, MsNas, Bigfrancis21lagosismyhome

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sleek004: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
olarich30:
good day Nairaland peeps i was denied my student visa on thursday 22nd of june in lagos by the guy in window 4 around 8 am , the guy was just giving out refusals like someone giving kids candy . i believe i answered all the questions asked by the VO properly but i was refused for reasons best known to him .

i got an admission to study master's in game design at full sail university in florida and it's a nationally accredited private university . i wrote TOEFL and i studied computer science for my bachelor's degree , i intend to apply again for an interview at the embassy .

my questions are do i stand a chance ? is the school credible enough for a student visa ?

i am 30 years old , single but i have ties to my country through work ( i work with Bet9ja and KC gaming networks ) and i have also traveled o
ut of the country on 4 different occasions , i even went to south Africa this February .

do i still stand a chance this time around ? i want people's candid opinion

the guy has white hair..went also on this day..he denied the gal I went with..don't give up and pray
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
monimoni101:
Please I need help... Does anyone know schools that DO NOT require GRE / GMAT / TOEFL for Masters program in the US?
How hard is it to just google it? If you google exactly what you just typed you'll get good answers there. Make effort.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gbemisolarh(f): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pls anyone in the house that's pursuing a Masters degree in SOUTH NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
saltylola20:
It's such a great job you guys are doing here. I just gained admission to Tarleton State University, Fortworth campus, Texas, for my masters in Communication Studies. My interview is scheduled for next week Wednesday, can someone please create time to help me with mock interview by this weekend. Thanks a lot.

Congratulations.

Send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by abbeymaniak(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
ridsan4real:

1) You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 . Proceed to this thread to learn from people's experience about the exam
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-
gre/44#39955826

Go to this link and download how you can ace the GRE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view?usp=sharing

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. tho, some schools waive due to d fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country but u can write it if you have d capability as it will increase your chances of getting assistantship.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

2) Honestly, If I were you I will plan towards Fall, more opportunities open up in Fall because that's the main admission season in the US. However, you can still meet up with spring but everything will be at a rush which doesn't always help you to put in a good application.
3) Nobody knows how to write SOP until they start. It takes about 3weeks-4weeks to write a good worth graduate school SOP. The SOP is just as important as your gre score and CGPA.
4) In life it is always good to know how to fish than to always ask for fish from a fisherman, learn how to use google for some public knowledge questions. A quick google search would have given you the meaning of LOR. I am not discouraging you from asking questions but always try your best to research about your curiosity first, Infact no excuse for ignorance. LOR is letter of recommendation. Most times, you need 3 LORs from your undergraduate Lecturers.
5)In summary, go and prepare for gre to boost your chances of admit and funding. Few things in life are certain, admit and funding isn't one of them but you can only do your part and leave the rest to God.
The following link will help you in chasing your graduate school dream
http://graddecision.org/ ,
www.msinus.com , http://www.msinus.com/content/how-select-universities-ms-us-534/ www.4icu.org

credit: femi321
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MsNas(f): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
OluDare01:
Imperiouxx, Slimmy2005, OjaP, MsNas, Bigfrancis21lagosismyhome

Can Y'all share some job application tips I think it would go a long way as some of us would be rounding off our studies soon.
Thanks!
Okay bro. Will do that later tonight.

Edit: Let me do it now before my small oga wakes up.

1. Try and intern before you graduate! Even if it's an unpaid internship, please try and do one or two. My oga used to harp on the importance of internships and I thought he was just bothering me unnecessarily. I did one unpaid internship and after that, I got my first job straight off the bat. This past two months, I have had the opportunity to be on the other side of an interview table (as an interviewer) and that experience is one that will for sure help me during future interview process. I got to see things from an interviewer's prospective and one key factor that I realized after a couple of interviews is that interviewers loathe when you do not have any tangible work experience on your resume. When I mean tangible, I mean something that aligns with your major in college. I have actually had a manager (he was on the interview panel with me) say that he will be deselecting a candidate (She went to GA Tech and studied Biomedical and Molecular Engineering) because all her work experience was in her sorority and how can a person go to school for four years or five with no internship or job? Which means, she had everything handed to her on a platter of gold by her parents and might not know what the real world is nor have any work ethics! She hasn't even reached the parking lot before we deselected her! Oh well!!

2. Start applying ASAP! Once you're within 8 months of graduation, start sending in those applications. Trust me, it's not too early and many a company will ask you when you want to start working. It saves you the mad scramble of applying when you're 1 month to graduation or after graduation. The mistake many leave is to leave job applications till the last minute and then everything is crazy afterwards.

3. Work on your resume. Your resume is your selling point. Utilize it well! This is what gets you an interview and it has to be informative enough to catch the attention of a recruiter before you get the actual interview. Google resume samples online and tailor it to meet your own information. Trust me, there's nothing that gives a recruiter or an interviewer more joy than a professionally written and informative resume. Drop the unnecessary crap and stick to the most important aspects in your resume. Your header should be your name and the following line should be your email address, phone number and your resident city and state. Dump all other irrelevant info. Don't use any fancy fonts for your resume. Stick to Times New Roman, Calibri or some other clean, no frills fonts.

4. Apply to as many places as possible. I think I mentioned it sometime ago that I applied to as many as 200 places. No kidding! I swear. How I kept track of them all? I had an excel sheet where I logged all my job applications. I keep documentation of the job title, the job description, company, the link to the application and the resume I used. If i get a reject, I highlight with red. If I get an interview, I highlight in green. It made it easy for me to track, cos i don't want to be confused about what company is inviting me for and interview or what position I applied to in the company. So, apply to as many places as possible, because if you apply that way, you're bound to get as many interviews of which 1 or 2 will result into a job.

5. While you're applying to numerous places, please spice up your resume. Tailor your resume to meet what the job you're applying to is looking for. I don't know how many versions of my resume I have but I'm sure its more than 10. I have the generic resume I use but I also adjust my resume to fit whatever job I was applying to. Don't submit the same resume over and over to different companies. Tailor your resume to align properly with what whatever job you're applying to needs. Sell yourself well, give them a reason to be interested in you and eager to call you in for an interview.

6. Learn the act of interviewing! See, nothing pisses me off more than a person who messes up their interview. There was this guy I interviewed. Before he got into the room, I was already in love with his profile. Went to Cal Poly SLO, studied Ag. Business, 3.88GPA, had Ag. related work experience and was bilingual. He pissed me off so bad in his interview that we deselected him on the spot. His offense? He was not articulate!! We could barely understand or hear what he was saying. We would ask him a question, he will reply with a question. Gosh! There was another one from GA Tech, black kid with an engineering degree. Top of his class. He was so nervous and gave very short answers. I was trying to engage him and get him to talk more and deeper cos I know that was what they were looking for, but this guy did not take the bait. to make matters worse, he said his ultimate goal in 5 years was to get a PhD and teach afterwards. As God will have it, the recruiter was present in the interviews and after he stepped out of the room, she deselected him because according to her, no need hiring him because our company was not a long term goal for him. I felt so dissapointed because the population of black skilled workers here is about 1-2%. And we have a workforce of at least 1000 people on site.

This guy was flown in from Georgia as a second round of interviews, put in the best hotel in town for four days, given a rental and all that. The interview was just a formality and was supposed to be a slam dunk for him and he messed it up. On the contrary, he had a classmate who also interviewed and boy! This girl can talk! She captivated us, sold herself to the T. She got recommended right after and she got the job. A lot of the people we interviewed did not even know anything about the company when asked. Like seriously?? Just google the shit out of the company before your interview. Out of the around 120 people we interviewed, only 8 made the cut. Sadly.

7. Be professional. Never badmouth your ex-employers, your ex-coworkers to ex-colleagues during an interview. I interviewed a guy who put all the blame on his professor for a bad grade he got (a D) because according to him, the professor was not good a teacher. Yet he went to a Community College to retake the class and still got a C. This is to show that the problem is you and not your teachers. He kept badmouthing a former group member as well and we just concluded he's not a team player and will always find someone to blame for his failures like Donald Trump. Lol

8. Be articulate. Yes we get it, you have an accent, we all do. But please, speak as concisely and as clearly as possible. You don't want your interviewer to keep telling you to repeat what you said neither do you want them to space out cos they don't understand you. Speak very clearly and loud enough for everybody to hear. Be convincing with the way you express yourself.

9. Study your resume and your transcript very well before the interview. Most of the questions they're gonna ask you is on that resume. Nothing screams unprepared more than the candidate that constantly has to consult his/her resume constantly during an interview so he can be reminded of what is on there (jobs, certifications and whatnot) You might get stuck with a crazy interviewer who will dissect your resume back to back before you interview and go off tangent during the interview proper and starts throwing questions at you left, right and center based on what he saw on your resume. One of my team members is notorious for that and he did it to the girl I mentioned earlier from GA Tech. This girl handled herself beautifully and was able to parry all his questions well.

10. Dress the part. I know Nigerians won't slack in this aspect because we love dressing well, but just thought to put this out there as well. One interview while I was in college, this girl...my classmate actually showed up in jeans and sneakers and as God will help her, the interview was at the career center. The employees were the ones who sent her back and told her to go dress up more appropriately. SMH. Even if it's just a plain dress shirt and pants, make sure it's ironed, hair tamed, shoes not scuffed and you're not smelling musty. Greet everybody as you enter the room, be polite and let you body language put everybody at ease.

11. Don't be discouraged. When you apply, rejections will abound. I was getting as much as 3-6 rejection emails per day sometimes and while it can be depressing, don't sink into the depression. Apply more and there will be light at the end of the tunnel, and you'll definitely get that interview and subsequently that job you desire.

Sorry for the long ass essay. cheesy Una bye bye oo. Small oga is awake, before him scatter all I don type. grin grin

72 Likes 28 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.