Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693015 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by femi312: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
monimoni101:
Please I need help... Does anyone know schools that DO NOT require GRE / GMAT / TOEFL for Masters program in the US?
For your own good, look for schools that require GRE/GMAT/TOEFL. On the long run, most of these schools that don't require any standardized test wont really be to your advantage. Writing exams that is less than $400 might save you about $30000/semester. You won't really understand now until later, then you will thank God someone gave you this advice

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
olarich30:
good day Nairaland peeps i was denied my student visa on thursday 22nd of june in lagos by the guy in window 4 around 8 am , the guy was just giving out refusals like someone giving kids candy . i believe i answered all the questions asked by the VO properly but i was refused for reasons best known to him .

i got an admission to study master's in game design at full sail university in florida and it's a nationally accredited private university . i wrote TOEFL and i studied computer science for my bachelor's degree , i intend to apply again for an interview at the embassy .

my questions are do i stand a chance ? is the school credible enough for a student visa ? please note full sail university is one of the best schools for the course i put in for in the states and it's ranked number 11 and 12 respectively on several educational sites

i am 30 years old , single but i have ties to my country through work ( i work with Bet9ja and KC gaming networks ) and i have also traveled out of the country on 4 different occasions , i even went to south Africa this February .

do i still stand a chance this time around ? i want people's candid opinion

Awon ti Bet9ja !!! grin grin . Just read from page 1 till date ; you stand a chance if you do all your homework well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
OluDare01:
Imperiouxx, Slimmy2005, OjaP, MsNas, Bigfrancis21lagosismyhome

Can Y'all share some job application tips I think it would go a long way as some of us would be rounding off our studies soon.
Thanks!

What's your major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
pepe4reps:
Lol......bug I've a friend that went to embassy and been given the visa oh .

I hope you know how probability works..would you rather increase or reduce your chances of getting a visa,if you had the time to?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
pepe4reps:
Lol......bug I've a friend that went to embassy and been given the visa oh .

One lucky escape doesnt tell a story ....do u know how many have been rejected with this school compared to the ones given

Why will u take a chance on a one chance school...... beside what will u do with a degree from VIU for let say MBA. It better not to be given the visa self than to go there for an MBA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
tunddy:
Good morning Nairalander I'm new on this thread....pls how do I apply to U.s.a schools for masters

Start reading from the first page , you'll get all the info you need there

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goldenfresh: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=57888530]

Please I sent you a pm, I need your assistance abeg.

Cc. LagosismyHome

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
biikeys:

What's your major?
Chemistry with a specialization in analytical chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks to MsNas for that insightful post cheesy
God bless!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bookmytravel1(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Good evening all and happy holiday. I pray all our heart desire comes to pass.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goldenfresh: 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please House can Someone help me with application fee payment of 50$, My access bank master card is bouncing It back. I have the equivalent In naira. Very urgent

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello guys, pls I'm looking for a 2bedroom apartment at Johnson city, Tennessee within walking distance to campus, say max of 30mins or with easy access to a bus if farther.
My budget is max of $500 per month.
Appliances like washer, dryer n d like.. Will b much appreciated.
ETSU peeps pls help out with both direct and indirect links, lol... Tnx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
Analytics:
I'm leaving there next month after graduation. I'm not in that dept but can arm with you any subsequent inquiry you have. For me, arrive between July 24th to 28th. It would help you search for accommodation, apply for any available GA or go to offices in search of one. You have to meet your advisor so you can have an idea of classes to register and also get permit where needed

Pls have u got any info on accommodation at ETSU? Maybe if u know someone that will b leaving soon?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
saltylola20:
It's such a great job you guys are doing here. I just gained admission to Tarleton State University, Fortworth campus, Texas, for my masters in Communication Studies. My interview is scheduled for next week Wednesday, can someone please create time to help me with mock interview by this weekend. Thanks a lot.
You're wished all the best Ma. Though am not a "guru" like most people on this platform but am quite interested in your post because I studied Mass Communication for my first degree and hoping to go for Communication Studies come Fall of 2018. But just in case you're asked about the course, don't forget to tell the VO that asides the conventional role of Journalism which is basically to inform, educate, entertain and of course, it agenda-setting role, communication can also be used to inspire genuine development in Nigeria through Media Advocacy and Media Campaign. From there, a follow-up question may be asked and believe me, if your explanations are comprehensive enough, the VO will be satisfied in that regard. I hope this works.......all the best as you go! The white paper is what I see by His grace.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
tizentos:

grin Greetings,greatest Nlanders

Graduate program in view: MSC electrical engineering( spring or fall 2018)

I need your invaluable insights on these schools.

Stevens Institute of Technology,
Penn state univ,
UT Austin,
Stanford Univ ( targeting a scholarship specifically for their prospective graduate student).

Other schools am also considering are,

Montana state univ,
UT Knoxville,
Michigan tech (free app tinz)
Duke.

Your suggestions will be highly welcomed. Ur boy needs your epp o.

Regards.

Don't let that free application from Michigan Tech deceive you. Michigan Tech will not fund your masters. I will advise you apply for a PhD. And even when you do, don't hold your breath. Apply to another school in its place so you won't Jonz at the end of the day. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Those that travelled for summer session, Please share POE transcript.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adey2014: 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
OluDare01:

Chemistry with a specialization in analytical chemistry
gbogbo chemists in the building�

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello Fams. I'm looking to put in for Kinesiology, Exercise Science option. I wanna know what schools gives MSc on that and how lucrative that is in the US. I'll need replies soon pls.
CC. lagosismyhome., walspring and host of other dedicated gurus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goldenfresh: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
@texrem pls I sent you a pm. Pls kindly reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thank you Sir!

imperiouxx:
@ Abimmbolar, iCool, texrem (sister), phdmscbsc, kashey05, fredoricko, moravelu, Jonmayer, Sleek004, lasun01 (wifey), and pascalp

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Silva094: 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
tolyem:
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders.....

I contacted Valparaiso University for graduate admission for M.S in International Economics and Finance......they are ready to give me admission but refer me to EducationUSA abuja center for transcripts evaluation. Please, who have gone through this process before? And hope does it work?
you should contact the university, I also applied but for undergraduate and I was told to scan my transcript, passport information page and my TOEFL score, so make contact with them and know what's up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fisayoprisca: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
I have not gone for my interview but I am going this coming july, I would like to view some trends of those that have gone this fall and their experiences. I hope that this would help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Folsy:
Hello guys, pls I'm looking for a 2bedroom apartment at Johnson city, Tennessee within walking distance to campus, say max of 30mins or with easy access to a bus if farther.
My budget is max of $500 per month.
Appliances like washer, dryer n d like.. Will b much appreciated.
ETSU peeps pls help out with both direct and indirect links, lol... Tnx.
Two bedroom?
Folsy Folsy...
grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
electronic:

Two bedroom?
Folsy Folsy...
grin

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chiezzh: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
HELLO HOUSE ANY ETSU FALL 2017 students here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chiezzh: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
ARE YOU ALREADY IN ETSU?
electronic:

Two bedroom?
Folsy Folsy...
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
goldenfresh:
@texrem pls I sent you a pm. Pls kindly reply.

REPLIED
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by brightify: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Airich01:

After much denial i was fed up and just didn't want to apply again,but my brother urged me. I did,and this time i was FURIOUS and determined i will not waste 64k. 2 months before interview i fasted 3 days dry... on day 2,exactly at 3pm,there i was telling myself,...egn,it's not yet time,...i broke the fast...haaa! Was this not the devil playing me? Fast-foward to 4 days to interview. I fasted the dry and i didn't break inbetween....Lol.
Na God...
I prayed and cried my heart out to God. Thus time around i researched very ,very well,knowing the number of credit hours...the schools history..my faculty's board as in you would think i had nithing else to do,but in the long run it paid off... interview day i keft from igando that morning at 4am. got to walter Carrington at 6am. Can you believe i forgot my sevis rciept Lwkmd....bu right now i'm glad i did,thiugh i paid a heavy amount to print it...God forgive those people...God was planning,i was stupid...if you prove to be smart then there's no space for God.i went in and out of the embassy 3 times before and after interview.
1. I didn't have sevis.
2. i had a nail-cutter as my key-holdér and they said no sharp objects.
3. To go and withdraw money for reciprocal fees (after approval).

Do you all see how God delayed me but for good??

Now to the main course....

i was sent to the guy that interviewed me last time.. i was already broken when i saw his face.... i had seen my end,but i couldnot see what my God was seeing.

vo:good morning.
me:how are you today?
vo:fine and you?
me:i'm fine sir.
vo:so,why are you going to the USA?
me: To pursue my bachelor's degree in Construction management.
vo: why US?
me: The USA is a country that is well fecognized for it's academic excellence and enhanced learning experienced,also the USA has one of the best educational system in the world offering flexible educational opportunities accross 4000 institutions.
vo:tell me abut your school....
me:...I did,explicitly.
vo: why your school??
me: i chiose this school because their contruction management course is accredited by the American Council For Construction Education,which is a global advocate for construction education.Also,at this school i'd get to learn management skills which will enable me learn how to manage and coordinate policies ,equipment,budget and schedule as well as the safety of general public and employees,also i picked this school because i was given scholarship and their tuition is affordable.
vo:tell me about your school
me: this school is a public four year university,located in... they are part of the xyz state colleges and universities system,they also have over 125 student bodies and they offer 75 majors.Established in...., its is part of the tric-college university system...
vo.... i am going to approve your visa.

can you believe i didn't sign my i20 until i went back home?

i was disarrayed and unprepared mentally ,but God was prepared.

Here's what was funny,it was as if this bros,didn't want to ask me questions.It was as if he had made up his mind.
He asked me about my brother,i said the same nonsense,but this same guy who denied me for that reason,approved me. Now tell me why won't God be praised. Abeg help me thank God.

For thise applying:
This is a matter that needs utter concentration. No be joke. Treat it like a joke and it'd show you it's funny.
Olease read this few advice...:
1: Pray,pray and pray more...as my pastor says,'you can never overpray you can only under pray'
2. Don't cram o... You will regret it.Understand what you are saying ,because if they ask you question,you'd feel like a faulty car with no breaks.
3. Oractice ,practice and more practice...
4. Don't read testimonies and fail to remember you haven't gotten yours.
5. Be google friendly, the people here have their lives and remember you are not thr only one trying to get yours.
6..... The God that did mine,will do yours,if you have good intentions for going. God bless you and have a wonderful year.

Cc... Walspring,brightify,texrem,lagosismyhome,now i don forget names sef.... but thank you all fam....Your help all the way through was helpful and God will repay you dearly. The fact that you all left your busy lives to help me...i'd be damned not to say thank you. God bless all your hardwork for me and all those you have helped here.
#happy...
congrat bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by brightify: 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
texrem:

REPLIED
you still dey here bro.....�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Chiezzh:
ARE YOU ALREADY IN ETSU?
Sorry not an ETSU faithful..
who ETSU help?
Use the available search button andbtravk ETSU students and send a PM.
Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cuspy(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
shayhune:

grin grin

I need mock interview for boarding the plane. Can you help out cheesy wink

cc princeGee23

Lol. This man is high on something grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.