Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693119 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by man105(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
tnks everyone for the insight,it is a nutrition science food managent nd dietetics as internship program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Okesima24:
I said my passport was not returned to me. Or shouldn't I get my passport back if I was denied?
Hello, if you were denied ur passport will be handed back to u. But since it was not returned as u claim, maybe just maybe the VO forgot to give it back. If your interview was in lagos I suggest you quickly email The lagos Consulate. Their email is LagosNIV@state.gov. You will need to provide ur full name and ur passport number for them to tell you the status of ur passport.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
sheeda995:
If I change department, will I be able to get a GA or another assistantship/teaching on US schools. I am hoping to apply for my Phd, and thinking of changing department

Courtesy: sureb0y

QUICK TIP!!!

This is for those who want to write strong letters of motivation. I figured a way that might work if executed properly. I wanted to transfer from my department into another department which to be honest, I don't think I'm very qualified for. What did I do? I scheduled an appointment with the department's Graduate Coordinator. I went to her office and I asked her questions about the department. I asked stuff like how ranked the department is in the US, what the course is really like especially the courses students are mostly scared to take, placement of recent graduates and what they went on to do with their lives, I asked if they admitted students with backgrounds from totally different disciplines and the chance of getting in (and if so, what are they really considering from such students), what the department was moving towards in terms of development, etc. It was a trap cheesy She told me everything about the department, what they're looking for, was indirectly bragging about how this and that, etc. Lobatan.

I went back home, and composed a letter of motivation. I wrote about myself in a way that plugged into everything that was going on in that department. I personalized everything she told me and made it look like that's what I'm really looking for. Don't want to go into much details, but I really wrote it in a way that reflected all she told me during our meeting. Even my future plans mirrored what most of their recent graduates went on to do. I picked particular interest in that course she said many people didn't like haha cheesy I submitted my application on Monday, Tuesday afternoon, they had already made a decision and she asked for another appointment to come so she'd show me around again and get me more familiar with the department. Na my $255 Paco Rabanne perfume work that one, She wan see baba again cheesy

Now, how to execute this plan. I think you should call the grad coordinator of the department you want to gain admission into. If possible, schedule an appointment via email and let it be a convenient time for them to talk. If you can't call, email could work too. Have a list of questions to ask. The point is to get them to tell you about the department, about the students already in the department, what they're really looking for, what students have gone on to do with their lives after school, etc. Get them to talk, talk, talk. After the conversation, carry your fingers and write a letter that's going to plug into the scope.

Don't know if this makes any sense, I rushed it. Apologies for any typos and incoherence. Cold wan finish my fingers. it's 24F/-4C here. Bye.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tizentos: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hushee:

Sureboy:

QUICK TIP!!!

This is for those who want to write strong letters of motivation. I figured a way that might work if executed properly. I wanted to transfer from my department into another department which to be honest, I don't think I'm very qualified for. What did I do? I scheduled an appointment with the department's Graduate Coordinator. I went to her office and I asked her questions about the department. I asked stuff like how ranked the department is in the US, what the course is really like especially the courses students are mostly scared to take, placement of recent graduates and what they went on to do with their lives, I asked if they admitted students with backgrounds from totally different disciplines and the chance of getting in (and if so, what are they really considering from such students), what the department was moving towards in terms of development, etc. It was a trap cheesy She told me everything about the department, what they're looking for, was indirectly bragging about how this and that, etc. Lobatan.

I went back home, and composed a letter of motivation. I wrote about myself in a way that plugged into everything that was going on in that department. I personalized everything she told me and made it look like that's what I'm really looking for. Don't want to go into much details, but I really wrote it in a way that reflected all she told me during our meeting. Even my future plans mirrored what most of their recent graduates went on to do. I picked particular interest in that course she said many people didn't like haha cheesy I submitted my application on Monday, Tuesday afternoon, they had already made a decision and she asked for another appointment to come so she'd show me around again and get me more familiar with the department. Na my $255 Paco Rabanne perfume work that one, She wan see baba again cheesy

Now, how to execute this plan. I think you should call the grad coordinator of the department you want to gain admission into. If possible, schedule an appointment via email and let it be a convenient time for them to talk. If you can't call, email could work too. Have a list of questions to ask. The point is to get them to tell you about the department, about the students already in the department, what they're really looking for, what students have gone on to do with their lives after school, etc. Get them to talk, talk, talk. After the conversation, carry your fingers and write a letter that's going to plug into the scope.

Don't know if this makes any sense, I rushed it. Apologies for any typos and incoherence. Cold wan finish my fingers. it's 24F/-4C here. Bye.

Gbam!! You said it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Senatorbee(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
Victorjoel:

yea, we could talk
Thanks Ve sent u a mail pls check and respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
tizentos:

Gbam!! You said it all.

That was sureboy's post from way back... I still dey naija dey wait for my own testimony Bro.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2017
@ProfOjah1234:

can you remember the financial requirement for the Canadian school you mentioned in your testimony? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PurpleG(f): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote ypes like 2mins, Naso she put hand for where her blue papers dey.. My mind Don cut!.. She just carry one white paper from the upper box and drop my passport with her). You will get your visa in 3days at this location bla bla bla.. Naso I collect my i20, sevis printout and the white paper

ME: Thank you ma'am.

~ Ojah

Old Monikers (profojah, profojah2)

Congrats dear, so happy for you. You deserve these and many more. Enjoy USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
@LagosismyHome

Maami, Abeg!! Can you give me unflagged schools to do MSc in Computer Information System? Thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
voktron:
Pls does anyone have any idea about any cost effective ticket to New York? Like how much and which airline? Thanks in advance wink

Ethiopian Airlines remains the cheapest. You can try it. check the fare on their website and compare it with others.

Good luck!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ProfOjah1234: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
PurpleG:
Congrats dear, so happy for you. You deserve these and many more. Enjoy USA.

Deeyoor baby.. PurpleG of life, Surest baby ever liveth.. Thanks dear kiss kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ProfOjah1234: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
folmus:
@ProfOjah1234:

can you remember the financial requirement for the Canadian school you mentioned in your testimony? grin grin
Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
you welcome bro
ProfOjah1234:

Dre baba.. Thanks boss..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hushee:

Sureboy:

QUICK TIP!!!

well written, I enjoyed this like fried rice. I had to reread it again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hi all. Is there anyone that booked interview recently, what are the available dates please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ndawe(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
I was gonna ask this too because I'm about to pay visa fees. Please anyone who has access to the dates should please help out, especially with available dates in July. Thanks
Time2Smile:
Hi all. Is there anyone that booked interview recently, what are the available dates please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
Ndawe:
I was gonna ask this too because I'm about to pay visa fees. Please anyone who has access to the dates should please help out, especially with available dates in July. Thanks
It's advisable you pay on time to enable you book for July slot if they still have slots. Delay is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Labhii: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
from 17th to 31st of July is open...Most dates in August are also open...All in Lagos Consular...
Time2Smile:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by blackboy2star(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
contact oludare01 .... sure he'll help

patovicy2k:
Hello Bro, Good morning,
I need to pay my sevis fee, can you help me out with the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
Are you sure there are no stamps from other countries on your passport? If there are and they are not genuine, this may be the reason! More so, why would the consular keep your passport if you were denied? You should call the embassy on Monday and confirm, or maybe something is wrong somewhere!
Okesima24:
I said my passport was not returned to me. Or shouldn't I get my passport back if I was denied?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Is there anyone here in MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University)?

Someone asked me for info about accommodation around the school.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
I am aware that students who have received their I-20 are preparing for visa interview, and that is good. Let your preparation have substance, and be ready to talk as intelligent and cool-headed as much as you can. Know all you need to know about your chosen program, and be ready to say why that program is worth travelling to the US and that "particular school" for. (I hope you didn't pick those yeye programs. Some programs will literally cause your visa rejection; so I hope you chose well?)

Don't talk too much that you forget the need and importance of listening! Listen, and listen and answer accordingly! No go do I sabi all in front of Oyibo oo; no need to rush yourself either, for he/she will knock you down! Just make sure your answers are brief and have substance; give convincing points.

If you have never made straight eye-contacts before, do prepare to do so with the consular.

Dress as a responsible person; don't pretend. The only impression you need to make is that, "I am here to convince you that my application for a US student visa is purely genuine, and I am going to the US to study, and I have what it takes to do just that." Nothing else! If there is anything else, nobody cares. And even if you are applying for the Visa simply to run and never return, do make the impression that you are going for studies.

If you are a man/guy/boy (well, maybe others, you know?) shave two days before your interview. Not a day before it. The two days interval would have helped you look fresh, unlike when you shave yesterday. I recommend professional-looking shirt (tie is not bad if you like wearing tie (and tuck in))-- for MS/PHd Students. For undergraduate, polo, and those cool cloths are fine. I recommend long-sleeve shirt for MS/PHd Students because 1, you are assumed to be in a professional world, and you know how they dress the world over, right? 2, you are assumed to be working (not as a factory worker) but as someone who has gone through undergraduate education and practising his discipline. So, your dress, in my own opinion, says something about you, that you’re a student.

If you are a lady, dress well and avoid super-hot make ups. I always advice ladies to avoid wearing heavy make-ups, gold everywhere ((the interview isn't about what you put on! (If you don’t believe me, wait until you see students with common skirt and blouse get their visa that day). So, wear what fits you and that makes you feel comfortable and confident.

Do not be afraid, for you will experience the very thing you are afraid of. What we fear usually happen. Isn't it?
Watch short videos on You Tube on how to remain calm in situation that arouse emotional tension.
Do not be afraid, I beg you oo.

Other thing I would like to say is that, getting a US visa requires either luck or favour ((both are the same (luck is a worldly term that in our religions we call favour). That is, aside from your preparation)), and it has to do with whether or not it is your time, and if the travelling align with your destiny (now, I am not preaching; I am simply telling you basic philosophy of life, of chasing of dreams and of attaining them).
If you can do dedicated fasting and prayer like a week or so before your interview, for successful visa interview outcome, do so. (This is not a requirement, please! I am not even recommending, as this doesn't guarantee positive visa outcome).

Oh, one more thing: first, second or third visa denial is not "permanent denial". Never take a visa rejection for such. One of my best friends was denied 8 times before he got his student visa; he got it the 9th time. He is in the U.S now, hail and happy, and progressing in his pursuit of education and happiness! Another student I handled his admission and visa for MBA last Aug. was also denied twice, before he was later given the third time in Lagos the third time. He literally applied a week between those denials, though that’s because he could muster the financial aspect of it. But imagine this: a second student for MSc I also handled his admission for the same admission term got his visa the first time, after an interview that lasted for less than 2 minutes.
So, if you are denied (let’s hope for the best), there is always a way. Always! But expect successful outcome.

I wish you good success!
E.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
hmm, Let me check if I can connect you with someone. Do you have your visa ?
imperiouxx:
Is there anyone here in MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University)?

Someone asked me for info about accommodation around the school.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Abimmbolar: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Qatar airways-267k july ending

[Qquote author=voktron post=57977968]Pls does anyone have any idea about any cost effective ticket to New York? Like how much and which airline? Thanks in advance wink[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
fairheart:
hmm, Let me check if I can connect you with someone. Do you have your visa ?

Yes sir. The person has the visa and would be coming this fall.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Okay cool! Waiting for response from the person. Once he get back to me, I will let you know what!
imperiouxx:

Yes sir. The person has the visa and would be coming this fall.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bendererem: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
@fairheart God bless you for this. Pls i will very much need your assistance when I want to appear the second time. I'm waiting for deferral confirmation from school after the first refusal before I start making plans for my second appearance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
Except you want to fly with bad airline, the type wey go make you fear like pissing in your pant. We are in fall, and this is one of the times ticket are very expensive. You should look at connecting flight, but if you want to avoid the stress, try Quatar.
Abimmbolar:

[Qquote author=voktron post=57977968]Pls does anyone have any idea about any cost effective ticket to New York? Like how much and which airline? Thanks in advance wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
267k is okay. No waste time ooo. It won't come down....
fairheart:
Except you want to fly with bad airline, the type wey go make you fear like pissing in your pant. We are in fall, and this is one of the times ticket are very expensive. You should look at connecting flight, but if you want to avoid the stress, try Quatar.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
fairheart:
Okay cool! Waiting for response from the person. Once he get back to me, I will let you know what!

Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fairheart(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
Okay! A friend just told me to recommend Southwest Airline to you. Check their price immediately. Once you check it and it is okay, don't waste time. Price don't come down in fall; it goes up! Watchout!
Abimmbolar:

[Qquote author=voktron post=57977968]Pls does anyone have any idea about any cost effective ticket to New York? Like how much and which airline? Thanks in advance wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hushee:

Sureboy:

QUICK TIP!!!

Hi.

Are you trying to quote "Sureboy" or you're replying to "Sureboy"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.