Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693279 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello There I will really appreciate if I can have someone to send me TOEFL And Gre materials to this Email ID Adetunjiisadipe@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toimodic(m): 2:19am On Feb 11, 2017
hello,

Please I am new on this site, I need some info here, I have a brother who base in US and he is a citizen and now he want me to join him. what are the requirements and how long does it take to process it.

What documents will the need and any other useful advice is appricated.

your advice will help me a lot

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:30am On Feb 11, 2017
toimodic:
hello,

Please I am new on this site, I need some info here, I have a brother who base in US and he is a citizen and now he want me to join him. what are the requirements and how long does it take to process it.

What documents will the need and any other useful advice is appricated.

your advice will help me a lot

Thank you

Wrong thread. He should go to uscis website. Every info about immigration and naturalization is there.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 4:00am On Feb 11, 2017
imperiouxx:

I think their email is for enquiries not a way of obtaining evaluation materials.

Scan and use free fax websites to send it to them. I did same a long time ago. Www.myzerofax.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 11, 2017
Mehn so 1 dollar is now #506, times like this you have nothing but curses for all our politicians. Nigeria is not a country, this is to that person that doesn't want to do any standardized exam, at this rate only corrupt politicians can afford to send their kids abroad for studies,even bank managers cant right now. So it will be in your own interest to write all the standardized exams you can write to stand a chance at funding. To that person that wants to give up on his/her dream because of the dollar crisis, don't give up... Keep pushing.I know how it feels when you don't even bother about getting admission, all you keep checking is the dollar rate and the devil makes you start doubting whether you are going to make it at the end of the day.When there is a will..there will always be a way.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 6:53am On Feb 11, 2017
iCool:

I put up my profile a few days ago.

They have a priority deadline of mid April, I applied mid January so they took me as seriously as I took them.

I was offered a 1k scholarship bundled with a tuition waiver.

I just saw your pm on NL, no mail in my box yet. Network is terrible where I am.

congrats bro. did you applied for masters or phd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:56am On Feb 11, 2017
femi321:
Mehn so 1 dollar is now #506, times like this you have nothing but curses for all our politicians.

When there is a will..there will always be a way.

Coupled with the fact that every single thing is so expensive now. A BA ticket lagos to london unbelievable prices .....even on the flip side Calling Nigeria from abroad, before u can even finish pleasantries your credit don finish

It is felt by those home and abroad ....na wa cry
As we say , it is well

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2017
femi321:
Mehn so 1 dollar is now #506, times like this you have nothing but curses for all our politicians. Nigeria is not a country, this is to that person that doesn't want to do any standardized exam, at this rate only corrupt politicians can afford to send their kids abroad for studies,even bank managers cant right now. So it will be in your own interest to write all the standardized exams you can write to stand a chance at funding. To that person that wants to give up on his/her dream because of the dollar crisis, don't give up... Keep pushing.I know how it feels when you don't even bother about getting admission, all you keep checking is the dollar rate and the devil makes you start doubting whether you are going to make it at the end of the day.When there is a will..there will always be a way.
in most transcripts I read for spring 17 The VO's were not even asking for test scores.. How safe will someone be, going there without any test score for fall 17?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Coupled with the fact that every single thing is so expensive now. A BA ticket lagos to london unbelievable prices .....even on the flip side Calling Nigeria from abroad, before u can even finish pleasantries your credit don finish

As we say , it is well
My sister..its well. Lool at *finish pleasantries* Its you people that have money that can be calling with credit. When there is imo, why will i even be wasting money calling Nigeria with credit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 11, 2017
Chapecoense:

in most transcripts I read for spring 17 The VO's were not even asking for test scores.. How safe will someone be, going there without any test score for fall 17?
1) Each applicant is different, you don't want to get there and they ask you 'did you do standardize test' and you say No..What works for someone, might not work for the other 2) You still dont get it..is your Dad the Otedolas, Dangotes or Dansukis? If No, i am not underrating your financial capability but the fees aren't affordable still, try to do this exams so you can stand a chance at funding.3) You might be lucky they approve your visa without any standardized exam, alot of people have gotten approved without doing any exam.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 8:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Chapecoense:

Do you actually believe those interview transcripts people post on here are accurate? Lol. Don't get caught up bro, some people even put out their transcripts out of excitement leaving out the challenging part and maybe some sugar coatings to make it sound smooth. Anyway, I'll advise you to get yourself ready even if the vo won't ask, you have to assume they'll ask everything because they actually might ask.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Do you actually believe those interview transcripts people post on here are accurate? Lol. Don't get caught up bro, some people even put out their transcripts out of excitement leaving out the challenging part and maybe some sugar coatings to make it sound smooth. Anyway, I'll advise you to get yourself ready even if the vo won't ask, you have to assume they'll ask everything because they actually might ask.
Boss u are right..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2017
femi321:
1) Each applicant is different, you don't want to get there and they ask you 'did you do standardize test' and you say No..What works for someone, might not work for the other 2) You still dont get it..is your Dad the Otedolas, Dangotes or Dansukis? If No, i am not underrating your financial capability but the fees aren't affordable still, try to do this exams so you can stand a chance at funding.3) You might be lucky they approve your visa without any standardized exam, alot of people have gotten approved without doing any exam.
I get you bro.. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2017
Temple1288:

Thank you very much..
It's okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Pragmatic ke?? I would rather say realistic lol
Hehe. cheesy
Do you actually know what pragmatic means?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello Good morning to everyone I need practice materials on GRE and Tofel Exams
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AfonjaBoston: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2017
DeeTus:
Hehe. cheesy

Do you actually know what pragmatic means?

No Sir tell me mbok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iCool(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
omoluabiguy:

congrats bro. did you applied for masters or phd?
Masters only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please someone should help a friend interpret this GRE score:
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Verbal 157/170
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Math 160/179
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Math 160/170 sorry
[10/01 10:09 am] Dre: Analytical writing 3.5/6

He still keeps saying he failed. I never had to write one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Scholastica16: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
sshola:
Please someone should help a friend interpret this GRE score:
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Verbal 157/170
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Math 160/179
[10/01 10:08 am] Dre: Math 160/170 sorry
[10/01 10:09 am] Dre: Analytical writing 3.5/6

He still keeps saying he failed. I never had to write one

Whoever this is did better than 76% of people who wrote the GRE Maths at the same time and 75% of the people who wrote the verbal at the same time too. I am sure he knows this because he has seen his AWA (which means his percentiles have been sent to him too). His AWA is slightly above average depending on if he is applying for Masters or PhD.

So you be the judge: if someone does cumulatively better than 75.5% of other test-takers. Is that a fail?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
Scholastica16:

Whoever this is did better than 76% of people who wrote the GRE Maths at the same time and 75% of the people who wrote the verbal at the same time too. I am sure he knows this because he has seen his AWA (which means his percentiles have been sent to him too). His AWA is slightly above average depending on if he is applying for Masters or PhD.

So you be the judge: if someone does cumulatively better than 75.5% of other test-takers. Is that a fail?

Thanks bro. He is doing masters. Can you please suggest some schools to him, apart from Kansas State University, where he can get funding? Thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hayor55: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
justwise:

Please lets stop deceiving ourselves here, you are leaving Nigeria because Nigerians are not honest with themselves? So where are you moving to? Heaven?

You are leaving Nigeria for a better opportunity elsewhere period!
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please, how's the TOEFL score report downloaded? For those who took the test after 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mcjendol: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2017
neurosci:
Please, how's the TOEFL score report downloaded? For those who took the test after 2015

Login to your ets account,
Click on view scores you will see the download button.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
mcjendol:

Login to your ets account,
Click on view scores you will see the download button.

I can't see any download button. I guess it can only appear if I'm using a computer, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kogunsusi: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
Walspring:
Some set of people here who are lovers of this thread have come together and decided to give back to this our great thread by given discount to intending student that are willing to write GRE or TOEFL or SAT in order to use it and get funding or assistant-ship from the schools they are applying to.

Only 10 people will benefit from this initiative and with genuine reasons. You can book down any slot at all and this offer will last in the middle of February 2017 which is Valentine's day..

Do not PM or send me private message because it going to be an open offer right inside this thread, also do no ask me who are these people because they wish to be anonymous.

#Onelove
#Onefamily

I have done GRE and I have applied to some schools in US. Some schools are requesting me to write TOEFL. I just paid application fees to four schools which are exorbitant. Especially, last week, I paid Educational Credential Evaluators(ECE) (a third part evaluation party, just like WES) a sum of $275 to evaluate my transcript. We all know the situation of dollar restriction in Nigeria and the high black market dollar rate conversion. I paid $275 at the rate of 500 Naira per dollar (137,500 naira) just for only transcript evaluation. I have consumed most of my saving already. I want to register for Toefl for early March as the deadline of the schools requesting for it are fast approaching. I am currently not bouyant enough to pay for the fee. I will be highly favoured if I could get this support sir. Thanks to the team who volunteered to help us financially in order to actualize our dream. God will bless and reward you in multifold.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

As we say , it is well
Na reaaaaallllll wa embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
good evening everybody. pls forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.
my sister lost her husband(a us citizen) 4 months ago they were both residing here in lagos because he couldn't work over there anymore after he got disabled, they have four kids age 10,8 (twins) and 6months old baby, the first 3 got their us citizenship here through neutralisation but the baby doesn't. NOW MY QUESTION IS what visa category can the baby and the mother(she has never travel out of Nigeria before) apply for since the other three are citizens
NOTE: she's not working, when her husband was alive they where living on SSA benefits(the husband and three kids) and will the US government stop paying since the husband is no more.. pls help a brother because she does know anything about the process at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mcjendol: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
neurosci:

I can't see any download button. I guess it can only appear if I'm using a computer, right?

It shows on phone too,where the view botton is next to it is the download button.
I downloaded mine.o n phone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
slimmy2005:
I need some dollars. I have naira like 130k I'll like to change to $$

You can PM me with your price.. I have Dollar for Naira@GOOD PRICE

MSU
Mississippi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

in television kwa? what are you currently doing in Naija?

I just graduated from Uni, (B.A Theatre and Media Arts..

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.