Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (691873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogba4james(m): 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
fredoricko:

I don't know much about that. But if the i20 says March 5th, then March 5th it is.

Thanks for your response..

But summer deadline for application states April 1 on their website, so it's kind of confusing for summer admission to start by March 5th 2017, when application deadline is still on...

I will Try to contact them to give me May 5th 2017. Hope its not too late for summer. I really need to know when actual is summer.. Was thinking summer is May -June
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
OGreene:
They guy is supposed to get GTB to rescind their claim. Thats the only way the school will understand. As long as GTB doesn't tell the school to drop case that it was a mistake nothing go change. Sad story by the way.

I feel the guy should go to GTB and get them to do the right thing. If the guy is still willing, he should pm me.

He went to Gtbank and also called them but nah Story dem give am, you sabi our bank nah with their story that merchant didn't process it and it was reverse..

Make Gof just help us..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
ogba4james:

But summer deadline for application states April 1 on their website, so it's kind of confusing for summer admission to start by March 5th 2017, when application deadline is still on...

I will Try to contact them to give me May 5th 2017. Hope its not too late for summer. I really need to know when actual is summer.. Was thinking summer is May -June

You're welcome. I'm sorry I wasn't of much help. I am only familiar with fall and spring semesters. Wish you the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
kokoboy4life:
@wallspring thanks for the response what baffles me is that it was sent to me free of charge because I don't pay for it. Maybe it's a usual thing with them.

Let's give the thanks to God.

Maybe it was auto ticked or you clicked it without knowing.

If you pay for $305 package of the WES sending a personal copy to you is included..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
ogba4james:

It's better you request for fall semester so that you have enough time to plan for your traveling and please do not rush since you are not going to Russia gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogba4james(m): 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Chapecoense:

That I-20 is already invalid since u never went for interview.
Looks like the summer session has already started and if u want to still go for that session, u might want to write your school and have them prepare another I-20 granting you an extension to resume at a later date.

Thanks for your response...
Just saw the i20 yesterday..

the dead line for summer application is by April 1st, if resumption date is now by March 5th, it's kind of confusing..

Contemplating if writing them to fix may 5th for me.

Hope the date is not too late for summer?

Was thinking summer is May - June...

Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
fredoricko:

About 2 weeks after you complete the application. Though you'd get a mail that says 4-6 weeks
thanks for ghe information bro. Please one more question is my gpa (2.88) good to go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sweeny(f): 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone. I have a question please and I need an advice.
Im filling out a form for a school in Nebraska and I was asked to provide Proof of intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study. I don't understand. Is it applicable to all schools or just this one as I intend to further to M. Sc and stay back to work as soon as I'm done with school there. Should I change to another school or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
ogba4james:

the dead line for summer application is by April 1st, if resumption date is now by March 5th, it's kind of confusing..

Thx

@Bold.... Do you receive the i20 via courier or post office?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Sweeny:
Im filling out a form for a school in Nebraska and I was asked to provide Proof of intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study. I don't understand. Is it applicable to all schools or just this one as I intend to further to M. Sc and stay back to work as soon as I'm done with school there. Should I change to another school or what?

This your question is funny and somehow to me because I haven't seen anyone filling form for Bsc or Msc and asked to show proof of intent to depart..

I hope you didn't tick something else that brought or showed that question?

If you are married send them the photo of your family.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogba4james(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
Walspring:

Maybe that should be the date for summer in that school and I don't think the person made a mistake although it's possible for the person to make mistakes when issuing the i20, and I hope you are not thinking that submission should be May?

If I may ask, are you the person that called me this morning

Yes, I was the one that called u..
Thanks for your response, God bless u...

Kind of confuse, because the website of the school stated that application submission for summer term dead line is April 1st, so how come they are now offering and i20 stating March 5th 2017 as resumption date.

They must be a mix up somewhere , but trying to contact them to fix may 5th for me...

Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sweeny(f): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Walspring:

This your question is funny and somehow to me because I haven't seen anyone filling form for Bsc or Msc and asked to show proof of intent to depart..

I hope you didn't tick something else that brought or showed that question?

If you are married send them the photo of your family.. gringringrin
No no no I didn't tick something else. It's in the schools international admissions process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
Dominic147:
thanks for ghe information bro. Please one more question is my gpa (2.88) good to go?

I really can't comment on specific cases. Admission decision transcends having a stellar GPA. The strength of one's entire application is evaluated.
But for CSU, I know you're only required to submit transcript and 2 LOR right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
yomitunji:
Please anybody applying to morgan state university?

Please I sent you a pm. I look forward to your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
fredoricko:

I really can't comment on specific cases. Admission decision transcends having a stellar GPA. The strength of one's entire application is evaluated.
But for CSU, I know you're only required to submit transcript and 2 LOR right?
yes right and it will be sent electronically by the recommenders. Thanks so much bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TooMuchSauce: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
Please does anyone in the house have any experience (first-hand or not) with University of Colorado Denver? Precisely the Electrical engineering department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Dominic147:
yes right and it will be sent electronically by the recommenders. Thanks so much bro

So since you can't really change your GPA, I'd advice that you try to get very strong LORs. Doing so will augment for any deficit in GPA requirement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
Please does anyone in the house have any experience (first-hand or not) with University of Colorado Denver? Precisely the Electrical engineering department.

I still remember a lot about the sch. But for deadline, I would have applied. What would you like to know?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Sweeny:
Iam seeing this requirement for the first time.. That kind of question is usually meant for VO's well you can tell them how the course u plan to study will benefit your home country and how you will be champing at the bit to return home to utilise ur knowledge to develope ur country. If ur course is a professional one, let them know there is current shortage of comptent professionals in ur field and ur country will be needing ur service more than the US upon completion of studies. If married, u can attach photos like walspring suggested.
Abeg remove from ur mind the idea of saying u intend to stay back and all that. Hope u dont plan to tell that to the VO?
Best wishes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
ogba4james:

Thx
Please contact the international office of your school ASAP. They are the ones to give you correct answers to your questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
OGreene:
They guy is supposed to get GTB to rescind their claim. Thats the only way the school will understand. As long as GTB doesn't tell the school to drop case that it was a mistake nothing go change. Sad story by the way.

I feel the guy should go to GTB and get them to do the right thing. If the guy is still willing, he should pm me.

You probably don't know the true story of something and cannot really say. Some guys are criminally minded.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
OluDare01:

Some of us have finished our spring break

LOOOL.. sorry o. grin grin grin grin. This is my first one so i have forgotten that some ppl have different calendar... Denton is boring tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tolutweety(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
Christian129:

LOOOL.. sorry o. grin grin grin grin. This is my first one so i have forgotten that some ppl have different calendar... Denton is boring tho
Hey, those guys never pick calls.

Tried their numbers a couple of times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dannyjumbo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
Walspring:

Don't be scared, it's possible that the transcript already delivered but the system have not updated it..

Do you use UPS or USPS?
UPS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TooMuchSauce: 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
fredoricko:

I still remember a lot about the sch. But for deadline, I would have applied. What would you like to know?

Thanks man. I'll shoot you a pm asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Already thought of that. First thing is verify claim before anything further.

DeeTus:
You probably don't know the true story of something and cannot really say. Some guys are criminally minded.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
DeeTus:

Can you explain better on this ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
OGreene:
Already thought of that. First thing is verify claim before anything further.

You never thought like I did when the guy told me and for me verify he paid I asked him to request for his bank statement before I could advise him.

As for me it's what you tell me I will advise you on, if you lie to me I will advise you on the lies and if it's truth I will advise on you on the truth.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
dannyjumbo:
UPS

How come UPS delayed in their delivery? I guess the delivery team don shayo and forget say him get parcel to deliver gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ogba4james(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Chapecoense:

Please contact the international office of your school ASAP. They are the ones to give you correct answers to your questions.

Thx man, God bless u...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Djpunpin: 2:43am On Mar 12, 2017
Hello family. I have been reading this forum before getting into the state. I want to ask gurus that what are the criterias to look out for in a school to be categories as a good school which will give me confidence that after school, american job offers will be a smooth ride. i want to trasfer to graduate school. WES just sent in my evaluation. I dont want to suffer to pay and work will not come as expected. once again i throweee salute to everyone that have been helpful on the forum. reaching from the coldest region FARGO/MOORHEAD....NORTH DAKOTA/MINNESOTA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by brightify: 3:49am On Mar 12, 2017
Sweeny:
this is strange and my first time of hearing this,well if you have future employment,you can show them the future employement letter stating that they gonna employ you after your course of study....just ask your employer to write the letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.