Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49831 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ceejay80s(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...

My friend go and sit down , na ur type dey claim pastor and at same time sleeping with church member wives,
What's wrong with him sitting on that seat ?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
divicode:

Smh, writing as if you are the financier of the church. Storm out or storm in, God will still be God! You are too insignificant to help God
I am sure you think going to church is to help God abi? May I announce to you that no mortal created being will ever help God! Going to church is for your soul.
Read the thread, the devil's children are already hailing you, some even telling you to stop going, church!
What is this one saying, people are talking south u r talking north.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
TakeMeSerious:

You shouldn't have said this.
Allow him. He probably is a juvenile.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ballmer: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

In a situation the so call protocol personal are having a deliberation or prayer in the pastor's office ? What do u say to that?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dingbang(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
ceejay80s:

My friend go and sit down , na ur type dey claim pastor and at same time sleeping with church member wives,
What's wrong with him sitting on that sit ?
do u still sell computers?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
donogaga:
You stormed out of the church, He's still God.

You disobeyed the instructions of the ushers, He's still God.

You claim right even when you are obviously wrong, He's still God.

Bro, there's need for you to respect constituted authorities. It's simple. Don't be proud.

You must respect yourself, especially when you are in the House of God/place of worship.

God bless you.

I realize some people just like to sound smart. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Op don't mind all the people commenting that u r wrong, maybe u shouldn't have walked out. But those two ushers were wrong for telling u to go to the back, if it was one man influential man in the church dem nor for try that rubbish, that's how most church are, the rich people are favoured more than the poor or middle class.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by blekko101(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Though I don't know how old the op is but am sure if he was 10 years older than his present age, he would have handled this issue differently. It takes maturity to accept corrections and criticism whether in church or social gathering and most time, maturity comes with age
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Adextaiwo48(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Somethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
;DSomethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
indoorscholar:
He has OCD (Google it). He can't stay in the back for obvious psychological reasons. Besides are we not equal in the eyes of God?

I support your decision to leave the church, praying with anger is not a good thing, however you should have handled the matter better

Next time just move to d next seat.on a different note, hope you're treating ur OCD?

Thanks man. Mature talk there.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

There is no special seat in Jehovahs Witnesses trust me you won't even find one because they are all brother no one is greater than the other the Bible said

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
sorry. I pressed the report button when trying to quote you.
anyways, I was here to say THUMBS UP MAN.... I attended Winners in Benin some months back and I realized no one is allowed to park in the big premises except Protocol whether you come first or not and it got me pissed. I am a Catholic but I attend other churches sometimes. I once attended House on the Rock in Lagos on the Island and on that particular day, Pastor Paul Adefarasin said sth that made me love that church the more and gladdened my soul. He said " This is God's own house. Not mine, not the rich, nor the poor. no one has a special seat except on the alter. If you want to have a seat in front on the church, you must come early to church. I don't care how much money you've got but of you come to church late and there isn't no seat in front, sit behind. No man is more important than the other in the presence of God." Damn.... That man earned my respect that day....

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Adextaiwo48(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Somethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And if its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by LordOfNaira: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Uninformed Christians everywhere criticizing the OP.

OP, let me tell you, do not go to a church where there are authorities on where you can or cannot sit, except for security reasons. A church is a body. The body of Christ. It belongs to no one. It is not supposed to be a human establishment where pastors and special people (in the eyes of men) get the FRONT seats. Even all these practice of having special seats for pastors is secular. These were practices of the Pharisees whom Jesus was always criticizing because they were nothing but brood of vipers who claimed the best seats in the synonogues and wore expensive robes.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
otunbadan:

so if you went to us embassy or uk embassy to collect the visa you applied for, or job interview and you were told to please go to the back, wont you respectfully do so, why act different because you are in church

Because the US and UK embassies are their own country's properties. The Church is God's house. Plus, I didn't do no wrong. Read again.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adextaiwo48:
Somethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
;DSomethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
Can't u see he attended Sunday school meaning he was early. The front and back sit were the available space, after the Sunday school, he decided to sit in front.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by luminouz(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
divicode:

Smh, writing as if you are the financier of the church. Storm out or storm in, God will still be God! You are too insignificant to help God
I am sure you think going to church is to help God abi? May I announce to you that no mortal created being will ever help God! Going to church is for your soul.
Read the thread, the devil's children are already hailing you, some even telling you to stop going, church!
Are u sure u read d post before commenting? What's with d holier than thou attitude like ur not human? U be God?
If u don't get what d op said...read d post again!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ALAYORMII: 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? Abs I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.

I would have done the same thing if I was in ur shoe

Have always hated the way some people are treated in the Church because of social status or wealth

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
josite:

u must be a very small size man.u can tell the size of a man by the kind of things that get him angry.upgrade

And you must be a short thinking guy. So once there's something wrong and you point it, you're small sized? And yeah... I'm 5 11. I don't think that's short.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dspeaker(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
I feel you should have simply moved to the back row. However I advise you join the protocol unit so that you can have unlimited access to that front row from time to time.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Akaujaa(m): 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.

Truly, its a church and nobody's personal property but it's some people's duty to keep the church organised and safe for everyone to worship. The first usher told you not to seat there and the second confirmed it. That shows the decision was not personal but a collective decision of the entire church leadership. You were wrong, admit it. If everyone in the church behaves the way you did, there'll be no place of worship. Laws exist to ensure decorum and orderliness.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by teelaw4life(m): 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
My brother may God bless you. See all those blaming you claiming ur proud and what not, they're the reason our yahoo pastors are thriving. The Church should never be an establishment where class and segregation exists. As long as the space is free, you should be allowed to seat. It's sad that there is no humility in the church anymore to an extent that people have reserved and designated seats in Church. Bro, go to your pastor, armed with verses from the Bible that preaches against segregation and hierarchy in the church. You have a valid case here. The church is not an organization, it is not an establishment, it is not an empire. The church is a house of worship for sinners and those who have decided to be Christlike. Most importantly, it is the House of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Omooba77: 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? And I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.

Talk to your Pastor or HOD about it sir. You shouldnt have allowed mere sit to rob you of your blessings today. During the week you can walk up to the usher and ask him or her reasons for not allowing you. God bless you sir,It is your Father's house!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by LordOfNaira: 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

And you must be a short thinking guy. So once there's something wrong and you point it, you're small sized? And yeah... I'm 5 11. I don't think that's short.

Don't mind that guy. That was how I was in a church on the invitation of a friend when the pastor entered with bodyguards (protocols). One of them pushed me out of the way (I was not obstructing the Pastor o). I grabbed him from behind and told him that next time he tried that nonsense with me, I will give him a slap that will make him run into the bush and become a madman forever. I raised my shirt and showed him my charm to let him know that I am a confirmed Ogun priest.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Mrhauxiliary(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Funny biggcake judge for you not to be judge.
Now coming to this young man, why do you allow anger to control you?
It is not most you leave the church, that is disobedience to rules.
When they said protocols, remember yesterday they also once seated at the back but when there time came they were promoted to the front and that is why when your time come even though if you sit in the you are going to be called upon to please came to the front they are meant for you, so how wish you think fast befor making that decision of leaving you will say one day am also coming here.
But because of your yobbish and truculent character you leave the presence of God because of human. Kai you better go and ask for forgiveness so that God will not punish you...
Biggcake:
There are laid down rules governing every establishment.....
These laws were made by the members/leaders of this establishment.

If you find out that you are not comfortable with the law, then quietly take a walk out of the premises...

MYJUDGEMENT...
Youngman, you disobeyed the leaders of the Church by disobeying the Ushers. Therefore , your conduct is wrong.

You are hereby pronounce guilty as charged.....

you are sentence to 3months community service ...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
africanusvu:
WATS PROTOCOL PLS I AM A CATHOLIC.IT SOUNDS STRANGE TO ME

When they call first timers, the protocol unit ushers them to an office in the church where they are attended to.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dadexcel: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

........... My dear having gone through this your write up one can only see a parishoner that really does not know why he is in Church in the first place . I mean, lets say that gsthering is not a Church and an Usher that is meant to order movement and sitting arrangement directs you where to sit, would you get offended and storm out? We tend to be too overbearing when we are in the presence of God. For goodness sakes, you go to Church to seek God, and if truely God is what you seek then being ushered where to sit will and should not be enough to send you out of His presence.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by YesNoMaybe: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
kropotkin2:
pentecostal Churches sef

Pentecostal wetin? Orthodox churches are even stricter. Your comment is so out of place. You sound like you're returning from a religious asylum.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Dokimazo(f): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
From the way you are still trying to justify yourself, there is no point telling you that you are right or wrong cos You already have a defence to why you think your reaction was right.

This i know "Two Wrongs doesn't make Rights"
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by prisiliveth: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
u did nothing wrong jor,we are the church and d building is d Lords house,like in my Church there are reserve sit for d "Rich"everyone knows where he or she belong..

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by VHands(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
why should they have reserve place for some set of people in the church, my pastor sheared a story how an invited pastor during time for prayers he asked him where are your financial pillars let me pray for them separately then my pastor replied him every body that offers selfless scarifies to the glory of God are the church financial pillars so pray for every body.Is that how it suppose to be, reserving special prayers, special seat, special treatment to special people. who among the members in the church are not special to God and you are here under ratting and wring off the works of God because of money. Honestly church has become gamble.
SirAweezy:
"Ego personality disorder" you need to check this... don't seat here is don't seat here just obey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by luminouz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
dadexcel:
........... My dear having gone through this your write up one can only see a parishoner that really does not know why he is in Church in the first place . I mean, lets say that gsthering is not a Church and an Usher that is meant to order movement and sitting arrangement directs you where to sit, would you get offended and storm out? We tend to be too overbearing when we are in the presence of God. For goodness sakes, you go to Church to seek God, and if truely God is what you seek then being ushered where to sit will and should not be enough to send you out of His presence.
It seemed a lotta guys here failed ssce English..... He said an older woman sat with him but was not asked to stand up....why was d op alone told to go to d back n not DAT woman too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.