Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups (33793 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / FRSC Applicant Collapses & Dies During Screening In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by desmont004: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2017

The National Assembly has collapsed the Peace Corps of Nigeria and the National Unity and Peace Corps into one agency.

The Nigerian Peace Corps bill passed through the two chambers of the National Assembly, with the concurrence at the senate on Thursday.

What the concurrence meant is that, the two organisations have been collapsed as one. The new name by the National Assembly is ‘Peace Corps of Nigeria.

Dr Nneji, the head of National Unity and Peace Corps, one of the merging organizations, said, pending the assent of Mr President to the bill, he is to act as the Commandant of the agency, in line with the directive of the senate.

Addressing newsmen, Dr Nneji said, “It is important to clarify that, at no point was any of these two agencies removed from the list or rejected as been speculated by a section of the media.

“What happened was that, in the bid to collapse the organizations, there were ‘give and take’. They brought part of their own organogram and we brought part of ours and when it’s collapsed into one, we have something unique.

“That is what the National Assembly has done in its own wisdom by coming up with a new name. The National Assembly picked Peace Corps from our organisation and picked Nigeria from theirs.”

Answering question from newsmen on whether the new development will not create bad blood between National Unity and Peace Corps and Nigerian Peace Corps, Dr Nneji reiterated that, the two organizations have been meeting.
https://leadership.ng/news/568179/nass-collapses-2-peace-corps-groups

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by saheedtunde(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2017
please i will like to know the fate of these corps,because they sell form for 1500 and after then a 85k or so for training.please is it official to buy their form as they are yet to be formally announced to the public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by wunmi590(m): 11:17am On Jan 23, 2017
Lobatan
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nbote(m): 11:45am On Jan 23, 2017
saheedtunde:
please i will like to know the fate of these corps,because they sell form for 1500 and after then a 85k or so for training.please is it official to buy their form as they are yet to be formally announced to the public

Sorry for una. Dey have been ripping off Nigerians for ages now. Imagine 2 different peace corps existing all the while wen dey are even yet to get a clear cut mandate.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Ekakamba: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2017
9ja kenan. Mtcheeew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by desmont004: 6:48am On Jan 24, 2017
saheedtunde:
my bro dats true, it wsnt up to such amount sum mths back but based on their progress at the NASS and awaiting of Presido assent. Although not all will be shortlisted, certain numbers will b enlisted. Not taking risk atall is worst, u can try it
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by popsyleo1: 8:11am On Jan 24, 2017
Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by veekid(m): 9:08am On Jan 24, 2017
angry
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by iamawara(m): 9:08am On Jan 24, 2017
Na so, thank God I know now. Never knew we have 2 tho.....
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by NNVanguard(m): 9:10am On Jan 24, 2017
Selfishness, Greed and Apathy has been the bane of the Nigerian society.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Harwoyeez(m): 9:11am On Jan 24, 2017
See confusion
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Abbeyme: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2017
If its in the National Interest...
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Elnino4ladies: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2017
#no to Peace Corps

Is of no consequence

3 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2017
Harwoyeez:
See confusion

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Ebay14(m): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2017
Will all who paid for the training be taken?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by lovat(m): 9:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Who will assent to that bill grin
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Histrings08(m): 9:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Not bad...
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by emeijeh(m): 9:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Na buildings?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Baba4dgals: 9:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Ok
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Lusola15: 9:15am On Jan 24, 2017
i just dey laugh oooi

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2017
Please what is the major role of peace corps.I don't know ,any clue?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Skerere: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2017
Peace Corp will Buhari assent to this bill? I doubt it. This govt has been complaining of lack of funds to finance the budget, merging of MDAs to reduce duplication of efforts.** Just thinking out loud**

5 Likes

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by princejenks(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2017
desmont004:
my bro dats true, it wsnt up to such amount sum mths back but based on their progress at the NASS and awaiting of Presido assent. Although not all will be shortlisted, certain numbers will b enlisted. Not taking risk atall is worst, u can try it
how much are the trainees paid as salary after they get signed on?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by ybalogs(m): 9:22am On Jan 24, 2017
What's their job specification to start with?What peace can they keep when the police force has already been sidelined.Anyways e no concern me.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by Flexherbal(m): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2017
priceaction:
Please what is the major role of peace corps.I don't know ,any clue?

Let me add my voice to your voice in asking this question.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by mechanics(m): 9:28am On Jan 24, 2017
saheedtunde:
trainings have been on going o, u shud meet the state co -ordinator of the program in d state u reside.

1 Like

Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by 377: 9:28am On Jan 24, 2017
20 percent will be taken and 80 percent taken as volunteers. Heard from a reliable source.
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by drnoel: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2017
popsyleo1:
Who is DR. Nnewi or Nneji ? I know DR. AKO. PEACE CORPS OF NIGERIA is registered by DR. AKO not Nneji. He came out because government is now showing interest. He should not cause any confussion.

And what peace are they suppose to be keeping?
Re: NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups by yjgm(m): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Rhetorics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.