Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. (4445 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments / Chief Of Defence Staff Vs Chief Of Army Staff: Which Position Is More Superior? / Trump: UN & Obama Turned Blind Eye To Buhari’s Genocide Against Biafrans Until (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Eledan: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
jumobi1:
Suggesting the agitators ask for a referendum through the National Assembly is a convenient but unfair suggestion. Every Nigerian knows the National Assembly is inept and a waste of money. What tangible impact do they have on Nigeria? Will they suddenly function when Biafra issue arises?

The leading elite and light in Igboland ranging from the church leaders, sport men and women, musicians, comedians, politicians, businessmen, acedemia, professionals must be talking on this issues, pushing the narratives, not these uncouth internet dolts, jobless miscreants on the streets fed with hate and lies by one jobless mofo that left his wife in London to be sleeping in Lagos with Oloshos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
Eledan:

You want to form a country on the internet? Go ahead! grin

Your superior argument against the so called 'internet Biafra' (which you keep following around like a fly on every thread) is what we want to hear.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Godemcee(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Your superior argument against the so called 'internet Biafra' (which you keep following around like a fly on every thread) is what we want hear.
u can only get biafra through referendum or war if u want the country to exist in reality.
or biafra continue to exist on the internet.

welcome to the internet republic of biafra

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Corrinthians(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2017
omofunaab:
I pray biafra becomes a reality
I dont want to shout ME TOO so that some moderator wouldnt ban me for Rule 9. lipsrsealed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Corrinthians(m): 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
omofunaab:

Buhari can't give you referendum, only the national assembly can do that, they need to amend the constiuition first.

Put more pressure on your representatives in the Senate and house of reps. ..or better still use your population to elect IPOB or secessionist friendly senators in your region.

You have to understand that buhari can't just declare biafra, you waste too much time on buhari.

You need celebrities of igbo origin, footballers to drum support for you. John Mikel obi, Genevieve, emenike, chimamanda adichie etc.

If people start seeing top personalities behind IPOB then everyone will wake up to realize that the agitation is real, nobody will call IPOB illiterates etc.

You need to sell your ideology to your noble men, for now, none of them have come out to support IPOB, they are all protecting their interests.

You can't secede with lies, blackmail and propaganda.
You can't secede with threats etc

Put pressure on your senators, they have more power than buhari. .Anthony enahoro moved motion for independence of Nigeria, that's how it's been done
Sooooooo much sense in a single post.

Cc: All ipob yoot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by saintmark88(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
jumobi1:
Suggesting the agitators ask for a referendum through the National Assembly is a convenient but unfair suggestion. Every Nigerian knows the National Assembly is inept and a waste of money. What tangible impact do they have on Nigeria? Will they suddenly function when Biafra issue arises?

But that is the legal and serious way, until they have done that no one will take dem serious

3 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Ugwuoke347(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
I am not against any secession. However, any group that wants secession should do so legally. Not by calling a country zoo or making inciting statements. The Igbo folks have representatives in the house of assembly. They should tell their reps and senators to push for referendum. Things can't be done violently again. We should learn from history.

IPOB is doing what it should peacefully. It is Nigeria the zoo that perpetrates violence against Biafrans. Take your sermon to the Murderer-in-chief of the Armed Savages of Nigeria.
You talk of things being done "legally", was Lugard's amalgamation done legally?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
Godemcee:
u can only get biafra through referendum or war if u want the country to exist in reality.
or biafra continue to exist on the internet.

welcome to the internet republic of biafra

Fox news, sky news, New york times, BBC, reuters and other world media organization are reporting about 'Internet' Biafra. It's no mean feat to get in their newspages. I don't think Kanu's IPOB is doing badly with their approach? Do you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
omofunaab:

Buhari can't give you referendum, only the national assembly can do that, they need to amend the constiuition first.

Put more pressure on your representatives in the Senate and house of reps. ..or better still use your population to elect IPOB or secessionist friendly senators in your region.

You have to understand that buhari can't just declare biafra, you waste too much time on buhari.

You need celebrities of igbo origin, footballers to drum support for you. John Mikel obi, Genevieve, emenike, chimamanda adichie etc.

If people start seeing top personalities behind IPOB then everyone will wake up to realize that the agitation is real, nobody will call IPOB illiterates etc.

You need to sell your ideology to your noble men, for now, none of them have come out to support IPOB, they are all protecting their interests.

You can't secede with lies, blackmail and propaganda.
You can't secede with threats etc

Put pressure on your senators, they have more power than buhari. .Anthony enahoro moved motion for independence of Nigeria, that's how it's been done

Sorry to say but you sound like an intellectual fraud. You'll sound more credible if you show us the part of British consistution (which the Nigerian constitution is largely modelled after) that mentioned the referendum, which allow Britons to undertake Brexit for UN.

For the records, I have read the Pdf format of British constitution, nowhere was referendum ever mentioned. Their law (like nigeria's) is silent about it, so it not illegal to have referendum like your darling colonial masters did.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Godemcee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Fox news, sky news, New york times, BBC, reuters and other world media organization are reporting about 'Internet' Biafra. It's no mean feat to get in their newspages. I don't think Kanu's IPOB is doing badly with their approach? Do you?
so u thin all this news channel will come to Nigeria to fight for u.American has more to gain from the unity of Nigeria than its division.since they av been reporting about death of ipob yoot have they ask burutai to stop using ipob yoot as target.the answer is no nd they only report cause bad news sell quicker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by omofunaab(m): 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Sorry to say but you sound like an intellectual fraud. You'll sound more credible if you show us the part of British consistution (which the Nigerian constitution is largely modelled after) that mentioned the referendum, which allow Britons to undertake Brexit for UN.

For the records, I have read the Pdf format of British constitution, nowhere was referendum ever mentioned. Their law (like nigeria's) is silent about it, so it not illegal to have referendum like your darling colonial masters did.

Who will move a motion for referendum? Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Godemcee:
so u thin all this news channel will come to Nigeria to fight for u.American has more to gain from the unity of Nigeria than its division.since they av been reporting about death of ipob yoot have they ask burutai to stop using ipob yoot as target.the answer is no nd they only report cause bad news sell quicker

I thought you all swore to Allah that no foreign media gave a damn about Biafra?

One of you even said the US marines can not differentiate an ISIS flag from a Biafran flag after US marines posed with the flag. grin

...and these are 'intellectually superior' anti-Biafrans we are supposed to listen to. You anti-Biafran lots are funny....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Godemcee(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I thought you all swore to Allah that no foreign media gave a damn about Biafra?

One of you even said the US marines can not differentiate an ISIS flag from a Biafran flag after US marines posed with the flag. grin

...and these are 'intellectually superior' anti-Biafrans we are supposed to listen to. You anti-Biafran lots are funny....
can u show me the picture of new york Times nd fox reporting biafra matter if u can't shut up.

welcome to the internet republic of biadrug

6 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Eledan: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Your superior argument against the so called 'internet Biafra' (which you keep following around like a fly on every thread) is what we want to hear.

Very pointless engaging in such with an anonymous thing.

1 Like

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
omofunaab:

Who will move a motion for referendum? Buhari?

Have your 'superior' anti-biafran brain accepted that silence on referendum does not make it illegal. Who moved the motion for Brexit? Who move the motion for Scottish independence from British? Queen Eliza?

The people of Biafra have spoken through Kanu that you love to hate and he remains a popular leader regardless of what you and I think. Mandela held no elective post when spoke for Black south Africans.

He doesn't have to be in government to move it. Even Ojukwu that was in govt didn't move the motion in '67. The house of Eastern chiefs did for all Easterners.

Please present superior arguments only not 'convienient' ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
Eledan:

Very pointless engaging in such with an anonymous thing.

If its pointless, then why are you all over Biafran threads? To shout 'kuje and beans' as your own 'superior' argument?

Come on, you can do better, you said you are not daft and we agree with you. Don't disappoint us with your 'superior' brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Godemcee:
can u show me the picture of new york Times nd fox reporting biafra matter if u can't shut up.

So your 'superior' yoruba brain didn't read about IPOB-Trump rally competing for headlines with US inauguration on global media, even when magnanimous NLders brought it here on this forum so you wouldn't need to waste data on google.

Your yoruba anti-Biafran brain is really 'superior'. I assure you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Godemcee(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

So your 'superior' yoruba brain didn't read about IPOB-Trump rally competing for headlines with US inauguration on global media, even when magnanimous NLder brought it here on this forum so you wouldn't need.

Your yoruba anti-Biafran brain is really 'superior'. I assure you.
can u show me a picture of Fox or newyork time that has to do with biadrug.all u guys do is insult nd it doesn't even move us cause we know it's in ur blood to insult.

1 Like

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by BudeYahooCom: 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Godemcee:
can u show me a picture of Fox or newyork time that has to do with biadrug.all u guys do is insult nd it doesn't even move us cause we know it's in ur blood to insult.

I was only paying obeisance to you 'superior' yoruba brain that believe that Allah have deleted 'Biafra' from the brains of world media. Is anything wrong with that? grin

4 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Eledan: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

If its pointless, then why are all over Biafran threads? To shout 'kuje and beans' as your own 'superior' argument?

Come on, you can do better, you said you are not daft and we agree with you. Don't disappoint us with your 'superior' brain.

I will only take your rant really serious when you start appearing on national TV to sell your points devoid of vague rants like we see more often here on Nairaland.
Engage your intellectuals to drive the narratives, not the jobless, illiterate scumbags we have all over the internet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Godemcee(m): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

I was only paying obeisance to you 'superior' yoruba brain that believe that Allah have deleted 'Biafra' from the brains of world media. Is anything wrong with that? grin
shoeku okuku bambia Will not save that albino from kuje.
btw where are the evidence,u got none all u guys do is insult nd beat ur hairy chest nd ur compressed head

1 Like

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Naijiant: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Whether you are pro or anti Biafra, you should first answer the Biafran Question: http://www.naijiant.com/articles/the-biafran-question/
Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by omofunaab(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Have your 'superior' anti-biafran brain accepted that silence on referendum does not make it illegal. Who moved the motion for Brexit? Who move the motion for Scottish independence from British? Queen Eliza?

The people of Biafra have spoken through Kanu that you love to hate and he remains a popular leader regardless of what you and I think. Mandela held no elective post when spoke for Black south Africans.

He doesn't have to be in government to move it. Even Ojukwu that was in govt didn't move the motion in '67. The house of Eastern chiefs did for all Easterners.

Please present superior arguments only not 'convienient' ones.

You just said rubbish, who told you am not in support of a referendum for you guys?

If you are using brexit as an example then you need to look at the way and manner they did it.

Brexit had the backing of the UK independence party ,they have been campaigning for many years for Britain's exit from the EU. They were joined in their call during the referendum campaign by about half the Conservative Party's MPs, including Boris Johnson and five members of the then Cabinet. A handful of Labour MPs and Northern Ireland party the DUP were also in favour of leaving..They weren't not issuing out threats, insulting other countries that are members of the EU unlike the eastern region that their campaign is based on hate .

Now, ojukwu was able to declare biafra because he was already the military administrator of the Eastern reregion, he was already in power then, he had the military might, he had the support of chinua Achebe, and others. Tell me who's supporting IPOB Ideology apart from the youths?

Now you made mention of Nelson Mandela again, are you not intelligent to know that Nelson Mandela agitated for an end to apartheid as a registered member of the ANC, which political party out of the numerous political parties in Nigeria has come out to back the ideologies of IPOB? .

you need support and a strong campaign to ask for referendum, put pressure on your senators, convince your top celebrities, your academia ,your sports men, don't you see how Gerard pique is supporting Catalan, how many can do that, how many actually believe in IPOB? It's a thing to believe in biafra it's another thing to believe in IPOB.

You people spend much of your time blaming, insulting people, then you support and hail Fayose, FFK..
You love PDP and APGA, You love atiku.

Get real for once. Channel all your energy to your agitation ,stop supporting Pdp unless they are ready to back you . Stop ridiculing yourselves by wearing crazy attires so as to look like a Jew wannabe. you are making a mockery of yourselves .work on getting international recognition, No country will support your ideology where you guys are soliciting for funds to down the zoo. You have been talking about Benjamin netayanhu and Putin since, none of them have supported you since.. You need to work on that.. You see countries speak in support of a Palestinian state, why can't they also speak in support of biafra at the UN?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by saintmark88(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Same way they reported about ur pple in 1967 and yet nothing changed.... U guys since den have not learnt a damn tin....... U think they care about u??, u think d Russians, d US, d Chinese, d British care about u... U guys have not learnt a damn tin........ D only way u can seceed is by war or a referendum....u have tried one option and it failed..... Try the other.... It mite work... But u won't get it my tearing Nigeria apart

3 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by pchukwudi: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
I actually read Thereasa May where she said that Britain does not have a WRITTEN costitution. And that's validated by the following quote.

Unlike most modern states, Britain does not have a codified constitution but an unwritten one formed of Acts of Parliament, court judgments and conventions. Professor Robert Blackburn explains this system, including Magna Carta's place within it, and asks whether the UK should now have a written constitution.

https://www.bl.uk/magna-carta/articles/britains-unwritten-constitution

BudeYahooCom:

1 Like

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Theleutenant: 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Corrinthians:
I dont want to shout ME TOO so that some moderator wouldnt ban me for Rule 9. lipsrsealed
look at dis BST.must you show ur tiger clawed face on every biafran thread.i offered you a job and you turned it down.now is the time to deal with you for ur joblessness.oponu

2 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by pchukwudi: 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Stop talking like an irrational kid.

It has been made clear on this thread severally that what we need is referendum.

The argument now is how do we get that referendum?

One of you said that fed cannot give us referendum because it is not mentioned in the constitution. So the constitution will have to be mended.

But how do you mend the constitution when the beneficiaries of the unjust system are in the majority?

How do you mend the constitution when the north is given more legislative representation than the south?

How do you amend the constitution when your people in the south-west will rather fight for one nigeria?

Thing is, civil disobidience is an option too.

So anything that pushes the exit refrendum to the consciousness of all Nigerians is welcome. It does not matter if the movement is driven by intellectuals or jobless retards, as long as the movement is gaining visible momentun. Those who mock it today will change their mind tomorrow if they like. The most important thing is to be on the move consistently.

saintmark88:

Same way they reported about ur pple in 1967 and yet nothing changed.... U guys since den have not learnt a damn tin....... U think they care about u??, u think d Russians, d US, d Chinese, d British care about u... U guys have not learnt a damn tin........ D only way u can seceed is by war or a referendum....u have tried one option and it failed..... Try the other.... It mite work... But u won't get it my tearing Nigeria apart

2 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by toofit007: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Eledan:

The leading elite and light in Igboland ranging from the church leaders, sport men and women, musicians, comedians, politicians, businessmen, acedemia, professionals must be talking on this issues, pushing the narratives, not these uncouth internet dolts, jobless miscreants on the streets fed with hate and lies by one jobless mofo that left his wife in London to be sleeping in Lagos with Oloshos.
boy! prove that he slept with olosho.

1 Like

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Corrinthians(m): 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Theleutenant:
look at dis BST.must you show ur tiger clawed face on every biafran thread.i offered you a job and you turned it down.now is the time to deal with you for ur joblessness.oponu
Obinna, ke kwanu? cheesy

The tin pepper you? grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by Eledan: 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
toofit007:
boy! prove that he slept with olosho.

You should prove the DSS wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by pchukwudi: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
You were on the right path until you made the following statement:

omofunaab:

... countries speak in support of a Palestinian state, why can't they also speak in support of biafra at the UN?

First palestine has a history of violence and extremism.

Second, the seeming backing of palestine in the UN is rooted in anti-jewish sentiment and the coallition of islamic states (about 56 countries) and there sympathizers (like the current nigeria government). This situation recently forced politically correct obama to look the other way in a hypocritical silence. But Trump's administration is likely going to take this up.

A popular conservative American-author had just proposed that Trump should cut US donations to the UN and fornulate a new alliance if UN refuses to aid the Biafran exit.

I also saw another conservative woman promise on Twitter to keep the Biafran exit "on the front burnner".

The movement is working. Remeber, Kanu said it's either Biafra or death. And it's clear that this slogan is resonating with the youths. So taking IPOB for granted is actually a bad move.

Peacful referendum, regardless of method of the agitation, is one smart thing the government should do.

2 Likes

Re: Superior Arguments Against Biafrans. by omofunaab(m): 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
pchukwudi:
Stop talking like an irrational kid.

It has been made clear on this thread severally that what we need is referendum.

The argument now is how do we get that referendum?

One of you said that fed cannot give us referendum because it is not mentioned in the constitution. So the constitution will have to be mended.

But how do you mend the constitution when the beneficiaries of the unjust system are in the majority?

How do you mend the constitution when the north is given more legislative representation than the south?

How do you amend the constitution when your people in the south-west will rather fight for one nigeria?

Thing is, civil disobidience is an option too.

So anything that pushes the exit refrendum to the consciousness of all Nigerians is welcome. It does not matter if the movement is driven by intellectuals or jobless retards, as long as the movement is gaining visible momentun. Those who mock it today will change their mind tomorrow if they like. The most important thing is to be on the move consistently.

To some extent i quite agree with you.
But how do you expect south west not to vote to remain in Nigeria when the leader of IPOB and his fellow members insults them? Is it not here they said nnamdi kanu insulted yoruba pastors?

And again you overate the influence of the north too much. Not every state in the north is regarded as a core north . Even the north has a disadvantage because we have yorubas, idomas and egbiras etc as northern senators unlike the southern region .that's why it will be easy for a southern consensus candidate to win than a northern consensus candidate. the northerners knows this and that's why they always try to make alliance, they know they can't do it alone.

My point is not all northern senators will vote in support of any northern agenda unlike the southern senators.. But it takes diplomacy and lobbying to convince all other senators from south south and south west, then minorities in the north, kwara, kogi, southern kaduna, taraba, benue, parts of plateau etc.. Insults and threats cant do all these ,you need diplomatic friends.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe Prevented the North from Seceding. Was He Plain Selfish Or Wise? / See Dilapidated Primary Sch In Buhari's Home Town Where He Voted / Meaning Of The Symbol In Tinubu’s Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.