Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help (538 Views)

Anambra Ministry Rescues Mentally-ill Mum & Her Infant From The Streets (Pics) / Edo Nurse 'Beauty' Delivers A Mentally Challenged Lady Of a baby by the road / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by CDCEO001: 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
There is this mentally ill guy that alway see in my area.
He is young (maybe somewhere between 30 and 38yrs). He could stand in a place for hrs without leaving, especially in front of a restaurant or "mama put" waiting for someone to give him food. Sometimes he just sit or lay down by the roadside.
As is was going out today, i heard a man saying to a woman "who would beat this guy like this? He does't take people's property and does't even talk. I had a fealing they were talking about the mentally ill man (mad man?). After walking few steps i saw the guy laying down by the roadside with blood on his mouth and nose, with a swollen left hand, i could tell he was in a serious paid as i saw him struggling to use his right to lift his left hand. The hand was very big, i think it is broken.
The wasy i see him, if nothing is done for him in like 3 days, he'll probably die.
Every one pass and feel sorry for him, but continue their journey.
Re: A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
You help him na

Get a cab, and carry him to the nearest hospital...

I no understand you o

1 Like

Re: A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by CDCEO001: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2017
I am broke now and cannot help now.
Please, anybody that knows someone or organisation that can help the guy should do something.
The place is in owerri, world bank/umuguma imo housing estate, end of road 2.
I didn't have my camera or a smart phone to take pictures.
Re: A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by CDCEO001: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
DDeliverer:
You help him na

Get a cab, and carry him to the nearest hospital...

I no understand you o

I want to help him ooo, but i no get money, and hospital go fit treat am if i no deposite any money?
Re: A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by gozzlin: 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
CDCEO001:

I want to help him ooo, but i no get money, and hospital go fit treat am if i no deposite any money?

Please call the attention of your church authorities, they should be able to help.
Re: A Mentally Ill Man That Need Help by CDCEO001: 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
gozzlin:

Please call the attention of your church authorities, they should be able to help.
Well, i am not really a member of any church ooo.
Anyway, i went home and pass through the road 2 where i saw the guy, but he wast there. I thought maybe some has helped him. I came out again this morning and did not see him again, i asked a lady there and she was almost in tears when she was telling me that the guy is in front of a catholic church in road 3. She said a man went to report to 2 different police stations but they ignored it.
Now he is sleeping in front of a big catholic church in road 3 and there are about 4 other churches in that road, there is no way one of the church officials haven't seen or heard about the guy's recent condition.

(1) (Reply)

They Made Fun Of Me / Do Not Miss Afriglobal Medicare Best Medical Throw-backs Of The Week / Why Did A Man Died During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.