Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Hiv Test. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Test. (924 Views)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Which Song Is The Best To Listen To While Waiting For Your HIV Test Result? / How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Test. by Homogeneositys(f): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
hmmmn I really don't understand this, I went to Gbagada general hospital today to do HIV test with some other tests. the result of the first test came out positive, I was asked to do another test which came out negative. but am really worried that what could b d problem. they ask me to come back next month for another test
Re: Hiv Test. by nelszx: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Homogeneositys:
hmmmn I really don't understand this, I went to Gbagada general hospital today to do HIV test with some other tests. the result of the first test came out positive, I was asked to do another test which came out negative. but am really worried that what could b d problem. they ask me to come back next month for another test

Let me understand you, the first test was reactive so you were asked to do another which came out non-reactive. They should have done a tie breaker (to follow the algorithm). As it stands now you are statusless.

You can do it again anytime within the week or next week at any other hospital (private be expensive) miust to know your fate. Don't be scared the first test is a sensitive one and can not be used to tell if one is positive or negative.

Hope you aren't pregnant? as that can as well interfere with the first test (determine). But all in all they should have completed the algorithm except they don't have the 3rd test kit (whatever the 3rd is, is your status).
Re: Hiv Test. by Homogeneositys(f): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
yes, but the third one is not available. they asked me to come back next month for the last test. am not pregnant, I just have cough. has it ever happened to anyone before?
Re: Hiv Test. by nelszx: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
Homogeneositys:
yes, but the third one is not available. they asked me to come back next month for the last test. am not pregnant, I just have cough. has it ever happened to anyone before?

There's no problem if you can wait till next month no big deal
Re: Hiv Test. by frankloloko: 12:16am On Jan 24, 2017
Homogeneositys:
depression has started . How long have you been coughing ?
Re: Hiv Test. by Homogeneositys(f): 5:31am On Jan 24, 2017
am not depressed because I know DAT am negative, this is not my first time of doing d test
Re: Hiv Test. by frankloloko: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Homogeneositys:
am not depressed because I know DAT am negative, this is not my first time of doing d test
ok if the cough haven't lasted for three weeks no need fit hiv test .
Re: Hiv Test. by Homogeneositys(f): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2017
I av done d test today it is negative

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

November 16: World Tolerance Day, Tolerate Someone Today / There Is Nothing To Be Ashamed Off / Liver Transplant Surgery Cost, Procedure & Its Success Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.