Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring (2150 Views)

Nigeria Doesn't Need Restructuring Now ―presidency / Nigeria Don't Need Restructuring as Clamored Across The Country - Presidency / We Don’t Need Restructuring In Nigeria – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
I will be sampling some news to highlight why Nigeria needs to reconsider its current structure.

1) Jigawa Govt. to construct 90 mosques
No fewer than 78 construction companies are competing for contracts for construction of 90 mosques in Jigawa.

Alhaji Muhammad Musa, Chairman, Tender Board Committee for the project, made this known in a statement on Thursday in Dutse.

Muhammad, also the Permanent Secretary, Administration and Finance, Office of the Secretary to the State Government, said that three mosques would be constructed in each of the 30 constituencies of the state.

He gave the assurance that due process would be followed in awarding the contracts, adding that the Technical Evaluation Committee for the bidding would be fair.

Source 1
Source 2
Going back in history, the justification for our federal structure that allows all states and region share free oil money was the disparity in educational and economic advancement between the north and the south, today we have BH rejecting education and the north openly channeling free oil money to promote religion. If the goals of our system will change then we might as well change the rules.

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2017

2) We’ve paid some Fulani to stop killings in Southern Kaduna – El-Rufai
Kaduna State Governor Mallam Nasir el-Rufai has said his government has traced some violent, aggrieved Fulani to their countries and paid them to stop the killings of Southern Kaduna natives and the destruction of their communities saying that the renewed violence is carried out by bandits. El-Rufai made this known while fielding questions from some select Journalists in his office in Kaduna.

Source 1
Source 1

Here we see a governor paying killers openly. If Kaduna people pay tax heavily to fund their government I am sure they won't fold their arms and watch their governor pay killers

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
What is going on?

Have you been relieved of your 'court jester' sai Buhari roles?

What did you do to them?

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2017

Osun state misplaced priorities
Osun state now gets paltry sum from the nations treasury due to a heavy debt burden and now relies solely on the allocation giving to LG from the treasury to survive, yet Governor Aregbesola has created additional 30 LCDA and wants to build a 19 billion naira airport before he leaves government. In addition to misplaced priority is the “Opon-Imo” N8.6billion Project. The state is yet to develop for such an expensive project, the reason why students abused it. Today, where is the Opon-imo?

Instead of building more factories like the Garment factory and strive to generate more IGR we have a situation where the masses are being programmed to suffer beyond Aregbe tenure. This is happening because of availability of free oil money whereas the justification for releasing oil money to all regions, developement, is being largely ignored.

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Jokerman(m): 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Loooooooooooool.... sibrah ooooo....

Wats happening??

U no see Aisha rice shup again....

Well according to Sarkki, we need not restructure

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jokerman:

Wats happening??

If you study the topic closely, you will see that it addresses a age-long challenge that spans well beyond the tenure of any party or dispensation. We need to restructure irrespective of who rules.

@bold, I purposely started the topic because of inconsistent posters like sarrki whose alliance appear to be for a particular party and region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jokerman:

Wats happening??

Maybe his account has been hacked.

Those guys don't 'return people's brains' back just like that.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:
If you study the topic closely, you will see that it addresses a age-long challenge that spans well beyond the tenure of any party or dispensation. We need to restructure irrespective of who rules.

Age-long challenges that Buhari cannot solve with his almighty ultra good governance and fight against corruption again?

Are you saying your baba has failed?

What is going on?

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
porka:

Age-long challenges that Buhari cannot solve with his almighty ultra good governance and fight against corruption again?

Are you saying your baba has failed?

What is going on?
Can Buhari restructure Nigeria without the influence of a supportive legislative? Please stop derailing further.

porka:

Maybe his account has been hacked.

Those guys don't 'return people's brains' back just like that.
No need to derail with insults. Read the topic again and realize what it is addressing please.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:
No need to derail with insults. Read the topic again and realize what it is addressing please.

Insult is to hacked your account?

Take it easy o.

Since they have return you to normal life now, you can't function properly if you are paranoid o.

Why can't Buhari's all solving magical prowess deal with your topic again?

Why are you telling us all this now?

Has he failed?

Why can't he command the fight against corruption to stop all you raised here?

Is corruption not the 'greatest' issue in the land according to you?

4 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:

Can Buhari restructure Nigeria without the influence of a supportive legislative? Please stop derailing further.

Ehn ehn?

Do you mean there's a need for the legislature now?

The same 'corrupt' legislature?

Tell us something else.

You must be in possession of what we don't know.

Is the fight against corruption of Buhari not working?

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
^^Going by the cases i have sampled so far, which of them falls directly under Buhari? I insist that you suppress your hatred for Buhari and stop derailing the topic further please . . . Stop acting like what you implicitly accused me of being - a paid poster.

God bless you Blue3k, please expatiate on those links. I welcome any news that highlights the problem the topic is addressing . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Blue3k(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Interesting list keep it going. I would add state governors open bribes with gifts of cars and full insurance. I would also include sharia states shouldn't take alcoholic vat.

Kebbi and Imo

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/3535452/okorocha-presents-25-prado-jeeps

https://www.nairaland.com/3483201/kebbi-gov-presents-brand-new
Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Naijiant: 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2017
Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:
^^Going by the cases i have sampled so far, which of them fall directly under buhari? I insist that you suppress your Buhari hatred and stop derailing the topic further please . . .

Buhari hatred or your confused mind.

Are you saying Buhari is that 'powerless' now?

Are you saying there are things that are not under his 'powers' again?

Haba!

When did you just realize you need restructuring?

Are these 'samples' not 'corruption', which you have told us is the 'biggest' issue in the land?

Why can't he use his 'wand' to correct them.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Blue3k(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
^^^^
^^^^
Porka, your target is to derail this topic. If you have any Buhari related news that further highlights the problem the topic addresses, feel free to sample it and stop derailing please . . . I welcome any point related to the topic, PDP or APC or APGA or LP related.

Blue3k expand on those thoughtful points please.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
porka:

Is the fight against corruption of Buhari not working?
Can fight against corruption stop governors from building mosques or borrowing far beyond their tenure? Stop derailling please . . . when i say please i mean please and not puh-leeze.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:
^^^^
^^^^
Porka, your target is to derail this topic. If you have any Buhari related news that further highlights the problem the topic addresses, feel free to sample it and stop derailing please . . . I welcome any point related to the topic, PDP or APC or APGA or LP related.

Blue3k expand on those thoughtful points please.

Awe, you can't eat your cake and have it.

Let Buhari fight the 'topic' with his anti corruption tools as you have advocated for ages.

You can't just jump down on us with another round of 'topic' you know little or nothing about.

If your 'anti-corruption' fight has failed, let us know.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by porka: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sibrah:

Can fight against corruption stop governors from building mosques or borrowing far beyond their tenure? Stop derailling please . . . when i say please i mean please and not puh-leeze.

The questions should be answered by you.

You said those ones are not necessary.

You saw nothing wrong with arresting a sitting governor with immunity. You didn't say anything when Buhari was dictating how governors should spend their funds.

If you don't have any qualms with these, why then are you querying a governor spending his money to build mosques? Don't you like mosques?

It would be interesting to hear the answer from you.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Sibrah: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
porka:

The questions should be answered by you.
. . . .
Just like Blue3k, u can post it. I do not have be the one to post every news.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Ogbuefi2020: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hunger resetting zombies brain since 1437

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Standing5(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
OP is making a valid point. If the system isn't working as planned by our leaders then it needs restructuring. The way things stand, it is like a conspiracy against the SS who supply us with well over 80% of our money. Why build mosques with money you requested for education, health sector and industry?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Standing5(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Hunger resetting zombies brain since 1437
The reason some people will get away with murder is people like you. Instead of contributing, you prefer ZOMBIE talk. I hope the SS people who are the real victim of the system see this pattern.
Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by Blue3k(m): 2:02am On May 25, 2017
Lets add another example from Kaduna. Over 3,000 houses and only made 1million naira. That sounds impossibly incompetent. How can they claim they only made 303.03 naira per unit.

The state Commissioners for Works, Housing and Transport, Alh Hassan Mahmood Usman said what the state government was receiving less than N1million per annum as rent on the 3000 houses.

“When we came on board we inherited 3,300 houses and we only got N1m as rent from these houses.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/kaduna-blacklists-11-contractors/

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Nigeria Need Restructuring by BitCraftman: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2020
Nigeria my country.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Protesters As Seen At The National Stadium / Former President Goodluck Has Uploaded Excerpt From Reno Omokiri Book: / What We Can Learn From Catalonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.