Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? (50510 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by macaranta(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Can you pay Gra money? That's the first constraint
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 11, 2017
Lake view estate - Amuwo 18-20"hrs of electricity, beautiful road network, 5 minute away from the Festival mall. Very high brow area and ideas come to your head on how you must make it in Nigeria

Rent 800-"1.5m

3 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Teespice(f): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2017
gbagada.
it's really nice, just that houses are becoming expensive.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2017
Anthony is lightly populated, noiseless, clean, central and has light + water. Only issue is cost. Try pick one of the lovely estates there. You will love going back home after work.

3 br is btw 1.1 to 1.6M

2br is btw 800k to 1.3M

4 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by damola1: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Are you a freelancer? Employee or Employer?

If freelancer. I think you already have that estate that they say have: 24hours electricity. but be ready to pay sha.

If you are employee. then proximity to work is pretty important. Hold up can waste weeks (per year) of your productive life, and stress also is not good. this is the most important for me.

If you are an employer. then where is your office also. and accessibility to affordable employees is also important.

The thing is: School and all that. depends on what you want. As with all ares, there's expensive, cheaper, and average schools.

I used to live on Adeniji Jones, Ikeja. and Chrisland school is on Ladipo oluwole, just like lara day on adeniyi jones, tunwase school also on adeniyi jones, KFC off adeniyi jones. and so many more in over 12 estates on adeniji jones, .. So, in times past, even walked down to drop of my ward. and work was 30mins walk also. but the tricky thing is: depending on the street you live, your transformer can be good somewhere yet bad some where else in the same damn estate..

3 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MzJin(f): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm thinking of relocating to Lagos, and I'd like some valuable information. I have already narrowed down my areas of interest to just four locales:

1. Ajao Estate
2. Gbagada
3. Surulere
4. Ikeja -not OPIC/Isheri North

I chose these areas because because of their relative centrality (if we could call it that), ease of access -I can easily navigate my way to the Island, Airport etc- and the possibility of getting relatively new homes. Alternative suggestions particularly around those areas are highly welcome. Now my questions are as follows:

Which would you recommend based on the following criteria:

1. Serenity
2. Electricity/Power -looking for relatively stable power o (not 24 hours before una go yab me cheesy grin) that I can supplement with gen/inverter
3. Possibility of securing new or relatively new homes (it doesn't make sense to fork over 5 times the value of what I'm paying where I'm located now for a similar build)
4. Security
5. Accessibility - Tarred, interlocked roads or well graded roads at the very least.
6. No flooding

Also, if you could also recommend specific estates, that would be really helpful.

Please note: I'm a bachelor looking to settle down sometime soon. So, proximity to good schools and all those other family-based decisions aren't a priority right now. Also, I'm not exactly interested in moving to the island for now. I no get strength to battle flooding issues lol.

I'm hoping this thread would also be beneficial to other folks with similar interests. Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please help a brother out. Na beg i dey beg o. I no do shakara grin

Congrats Sir......nice criteria we all love good stuffs. ......another thing u shuld consider is having ur place of work close, market,n church as well coz i bet the traffic is one hell u wont like to deal with on daily bases as well as dat of ur partner...then landlord's another important one...ensure u make tins easy for urself n ur sweet lady....all d places u mentioned are nice Ajao Estate i will prefer... Another option is the proximity to ur choice of transport terminals(e.g airport)..i wish u luck

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by MzJin(f): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
2great:
Ikeja is cool. Depending on your pocket, places ranging from Ikeja GRA, some estates in Allen/Opebi, Oregun -Alausa is fine. Alfred Garden estate@Olusosun is very good; Howson Right estate is also good...these Olusosun area has 18hrs minimum of electricity daily on the average. I don't live inside either of these estates but live in the neighbourhood. I can tell you the area is okay interms of power supply, security,night life, good roads and easy netwrking to other key places. Also proximity to malls, Alausa secretariat, industrial estate, computer village, exit to/fro lagos etc.

So true i grew up dia......GRA POLICE QUARTERS off oba-akinjobi street.......the area is the bomb.....miss lagos

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Okoyiboz3: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
Philistine:

Shut up. Lagos is not afonja land,it is a no man's land. ibadam,osogbo,ogbomosho etc is the real afonja land!

You people never learn.

Just don't let your foolishness put innocent Igbos in trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by naturalwaves: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2017
sarahade:

Well people do and I like the place planning to move back.
Island is just too stupid No drainage bad roads and things are unnecessarily expensive.
I stayed in egbe and it was on point you will beg Nepa to take light you get good accommodation the road is very good security Nko on point when you pay baba olode 200 per apartment and still feel safe unlike this stupid island where you pay 5k and thieves parade your house every day.
I spend less going from mainland to island than from island to island.
Imagine going to work and you have to put your body inside dirty water.
Ikotun has many benefits abeg and you are not better than people living there.
You stay around Awoyaya?
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by chukiz(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2017
FESTAC TOWN
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by blank(f): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2017
franzis:
No near surulere @ all , illupeju /obanikoro/ palm grove are ok

So that armed robbers will finish their work abi?
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by PeacenLove2: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2017
Ikeja GRA, Several Estates in Opebi, off Allen Avenue Ikeja, even if you like the service apartments.

There are nice places including Estates in Gbagada too.

Omole Estate is a good one too.

Magodo is good too. Just be careful. Some areas have flood problems.

I'm not sure of Surulere. Too many overpriced old structures.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by victorDanladi: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Consult the Igbo(s).They own and developed lagos from the scratch.

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Fiwasayo(f): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Surulere,there is power supply 16 hours a day,at least,where i live,it is secure,and it is a central location to other places...you can easily asses ikeja,the island,badagry etc

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by mayorwesley: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2017
FaroukM:

Did u say miniflat for 200-250k in ketu...please I need one..hope it is not face me I slap u converted ooo
My broda, ketu is d best for middle class earners(alapere, estate, ogudu orioke axis). I presently live in alapere ketu nd i can tell u its less than 20min drive to island, Ikeja, and it take me 15min to get to work in oshodi. My miniflat (no face me i slap u) is 200k, i get 18hrs light and security make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by eluquenson(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Surulere or yaba still conducive and affordable

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by mamawin(f): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2017
wokemzine:
Happy sunday guys

Ikeja is ok

I must confess, this pic dragged out some tears
Heeyha, it's hard not to cry. Just like having a reunion in your Uni, your set is called and one happen to be the only one alive.... I feel his pain

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by bewla(m): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm thinking of relocating to Lagos, and I'd like some valuable information. I have already narrowed down my areas of interest to just four locales:

1. Ajao Estate
2. Gbagada
3. Surulere
4. Ikeja -not OPIC/Isheri North

I chose these areas because because of their relative centrality (if we could call it that), ease of access -I can easily navigate my way to the Island, Airport etc- and the possibility of getting relatively new homes. Alternative suggestions particularly around those areas are highly welcome. Now my questions are as follows:

Which would you recommend based on the following criteria:

1. Serenity
2. Electricity/Power -looking for relatively stable power o (not 24 hours before una go yab me cheesy grin) that I can supplement with gen/inverter
3. Possibility of securing new or relatively new homes (it doesn't make sense to fork over 5 times the value of what I'm paying where I'm located now for a similar build)
4. Security
5. Accessibility - Tarred, interlocked roads or well graded roads at the very least.
6. No flooding

Also, if you could also recommend specific estates, that would be really helpful.

Please note: I'm a bachelor looking to settle down sometime soon. So, proximity to good schools and all those other family-based decisions aren't a priority right now. Also, I'm not exactly interested in moving to the island for now. I no get strength to battle flooding issues lol.

I'm hoping this thread would also be beneficial to other folks with similar interests. Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please help a brother out. Na beg i dey beg o. I no do shakara grin
I don't no u but if u must live in Ikeja I no two place that's pocket friendly back of excellence hotel u have many estate there u can ask pawpaw he was once a tenant there and oke ira is also good low life security light is also good and new buildings are coming up every day here in oke ira only some road are bad but its OK contact me if u need one not to forget I be furniture maker

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by zubby29(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2017
Eleniyan15:
surulere,yaba,magodo,ajao estate, ikotun

modified

All those people mentioning me why I chose ikotun, it because ikotun has constant electricity!!!! Surulere can't boast of the power supply ikotun receive.

worst place I think to live in lag for now (ikorodu,okoko grin, badagry)

I hope it helps
so on point.living in dos areas is hell
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by bewla(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
victorDanladi:
Consult the Igbo(s).They own and developed lagos from the scratch.
no let me bring the Afonja in me out to u
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by hefelove(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
if only surulere have constant light, it would have been the best place in Lagos
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by jgbemson1: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Surulere is d best in terms of security, good roads, connectivity to d Island and beta power supply. I reside in Surulere at bodethomas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by hefelove(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Fiwasayo:
Surulere,there is power supply 16 hours a day,at least,where i live,it is secure,and it is a central location to other places...you can easily asses ikeja,the island,badagry etc
16hrs light? wer in surulere please?
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by wokemzine: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
mamawin:
Heeyha, it's hard not to cry. Just like having a reunion in your Uni, your set is called and one happen to be the only one alive.... I feel his pain
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by franzis(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
blank:

So that armed robbers will finish their work abi?
if I get u correctly r u saying surulere is safer than the other places I mentioned
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by PunditAfrica(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
You have the money,, Ikeja GRA is best, it is close to everything that matters.. Next is magodo, cool and planned estate that has a unique prestige.. Then houses on Allen avenue, opebi, alausa, very serene wt proximity to businesses that matters and luxury clubs on Oba akran. Omole phase 1 is next wt quick entry and exit lagos access. Gbagada is a large "above average" settlement, big bussineses lyk yudala, Zinox, UPS have dia HQ dia and every neibourhood is tarred. Surulere is a mixed settlement, it has d upscale bode Thomas street, adeniran ogunsanya street, eric moore etc yet it has d pulse of ojuelegba, Lawanson, shitta etc bt the good thing is that as large as it is 90% of roads r tarred.

Pple don't actually know that yaba has London within it. Behind the noise of yaba market and the pulse of insurance companies are very beautiful foreign designed homes in yaba. I stumbled on that settlement not long ago.. I cut in somwhere on murtala muhammed way and behold, fine homes, beautiful women and serene cool environment...

So OP, ur pocket is all that matters, Lagos has somtin for everyone... Anthony, Maryland and palmgroove estate are also nice settlement on d mainland...

And if you vex, go to lekki, ajah, vgc, ikoyi, banana, Victoria or eko Atlantic!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
I work in Ikoyi, but I need a nice self contained apartment on the mainland with a budget of #200k, where will be easy for me to navigate the island without traffic and my 200k budget will get me a meaningful apartment...I currently stay with my uncle in Mowe and stress and fare is killing me
Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
Tobbey:
IKEJA GRA smiley

Ah! That place na the banana island equivalent of mainland.

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Ezi39: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
I prefer Maryland because of stable power and also the place has a serene environment going down Emmanuel street

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by ademola020(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ajasa command/ white house/ abule egba

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by henrimoto(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
solid3:
I need a one room self contain in Lagos. I love Lagos.
Welcome To Lagos!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? / The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics) / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.