Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? (20866 Views)

Labourer Won A Saloon Car From Dangote (Photo) / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Barbing Saloon Esterblishment (cost, Materials And ROI)?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Sansome(m): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
if u looking for d coolest way to get money in a stress-free manner, ring me up ASAP. 07068346606. or whatsapp.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by hustla242: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Addicted2Women:

When i went to China, i was shocked, i saw them manufacture Rolex Replicas and Audemar Piquet replicas, i bought 3 Rolex for $400, came back to New York and went to a Rolex shop and sold each one for $13,000
A

Common bro not everyone is an illiterate. How you can sell China Rolex to New York jewellers who use microscopes I'd love to really get myself to believe you but can't.

To the point op: it depends on your appetite for risk. You seem like you have a ready made high end market. If I were you, I'd go into jewelries bit by bit but also sell on hair cuts etc. to the same clientele. In business, relationship is everything.

3 Likes

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by metallisc(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=henrydadon post=53069014][/quote]

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Originalsly: 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hmmm.... let's reason. Barking business..... are you very skilful?... are you up to date with the latest trends?... do you already have a clientele? If no.... forget about you barbing... you wouldn't have enough customers to sustain your business.
Barbing business reloaded. If you have the money... you rent a spot.... set up barbing chairs and a huge mirror in front of each..... set up comfortable seats for waiting customers and a TV to entertain them while they wait.Your businesss N per week.
Jewelry. ... who is your target?....rich people? .... they would got to Dubai or wherever to buy their own jewellery. Poor people?....they're trying to buy food.... no time for jewellery...unless it's cheap....dirt cheap.
Clothing?... if you are really connected... be a stylist to the rich....shop for individuals... what outfit they're looking for?...occasion?...how much they are spending? ....or..... contact me and be a middleman...ehmmm....middlelady!
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by FILEBE(m): 11:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
Barbing saloon business is not as easy as it seems, there are so many saloons in almost every corner and most people dont change barbers often, its better you stick with the gold biz.....

Ps- I have used the same barber for '25 years', i changed location and used the same barber for three months till the barber bought 'brand new' toyota corolla, i had to change him.(Yes am a hater!! And am also superstitious angry)

Chai! Baba! why na?
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by DICKtator: 12:12am On Jan 24, 2017
star4ever:
Hi Nairalanders,

I will appreciate your candid advise on a business decision which I feel you may be of help to provide superior comments to enable me make informed decisions.

I am seriously considering setting up a business with the little money at my disposal. This decision has been a tough one in view of the fact that, I once set up a hair dressing saloon and recharge card/phone shop in the past but the business couldn't survive due poor management by my workers among other reasons.

I know this is not a very good time for importation or international business, however, I would like to start travelling to Dubai to buy jewelleries and sell. Part of what is driving this, is due to the nature of my work which entails meeting top government functionaries on a day to day basis. I want to use the network I have built over the years as my target. This means that I have a good client base considering their status and ability to patronize me. I am on paid employment and therefore do not have time for businesses that require 100% supervision. Based on the foregoing, I want to know how profitable the business is, the intricacies, the best approach to use for such a business and any other advise that can help a sister in this circumstance.

Secondly, following the collapse of my hair dressing saloon, I was strongly advised by friends to try barbing saloon which if run on commission basis will yield income and remain sustainable. But I am afraid to venture into this business because I don't want to loose money again especially, in this hard times.

Nonetheless, I have a strong conviction that gold selling if well coached will help a great deal to increase my financial base over time.

The following are the objectives of this starting a business:
1. to make additional income other than my monthly salary
2. to increase the money at hand rather than leave it in the bank without any attractive margin
3. sustainability
4. profitability

I await your comments, suggestions, opinions etc.

Thank you.

Set up a bathing saloon but before you do,

Draft a SWOT analysis
Identify areas of weaknesses you faced when you opened your hair dressing saloon and resolve how you would tackle them if you start a barbing saloon.(remember that they are kind of similar)
Your experience as a former hair dressing saloon owner should guide you when starting your barbing saloon.
Discuss with people that you know that are into the business (lool, I guess that was why you opened this thread!)
And above all, have a USP(unique selling point/proposition) that would attract and retain customers to your business.
I would only help you identify how you could tackle one issue you raised about your hair dressing saloon which may occur once you venture into barbing business too-the issue of employee mismanagement.
Yes,you cannot dedicate 100% of your time there,so you may not know what is happening. The solution? Get a CCTV. you can make them aware of this or may choose not to,the onus is on you. If they're aware,they would know that they're being watched(or assume) and may be of their best behavior.problem is kind of solved. If they're not aware they're being watched,(the better),you would be able to identify your loyal staff,the ones you would have to let go and so on..
I could go on and on but you would have to think for yourself.
Infact draw a flowchart with yes/no and you would be able to identify and tackle any challenges that may arise
In your business venture.
Goodluck

As for jewelry business,if you mean real gold and the likes,get ready to spend money on insurance and bad debt.Also make provision for bad debt (even court cases sef!!!)

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by DICKtator: 12:14am On Jan 24, 2017
hustla242:

Common bro not everyone is an illiterate. How you can sell China Rolex to New York jewellers who use microscopes I'd love to really get myself to believe you but can't.

To the point op: it depends on your appetite for risk. You seem like you have a ready made high end market. If I were you, I'd go into jewelries bit by bit but also sell on hair cuts etc. to the same clientele. In business, relationship is everything.

Damn, I read that too and was confused. How do you take fake Rolex to an original retailer and they wouldn't do due diligence and even call the cops for piracy? But you never can tell, anything is possible!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by zed7: 2:30am On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:

When i went to China, i was shocked, i saw them manufacture Rolex Replicas and Audemar Piquet replicas, i bought 3 Rolex for $400, came back to New York and went to a Rolex shop and sold each one for $13,000

You sold a fake rolex to a rolex shop? Lol. You must be the greatest liar of the century. First and foremost, you don't know what a Rolex is, so quit the b.s.
No watch seller will buy a Rolex without it's certificate of authenticity. Every certificate of authenticity is checked out using a unique serial number to ensure it's genuineness.
The only people that can buy a fake Rolex are street corner hustlers who will not pay more than 100 bucks.
Go and reformat your lies son.

2 Likes

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by harveyspec: 4:29am On Jan 24, 2017
hustla242:

I guess it's it's typo, he probably meant "SAW each one for $13,000"

if this isn't the case, the guy needs to show us the way o.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by olajide2428(m): 5:02am On Jan 24, 2017
Kobicove:
In jewelry business you would have to deal with a lot of bad debts unlike a barber shop where you get your money immediately...

But then it also depends on your risk appetite.

Having a barber shop also has its downsides, you need to monitor 'sales' closely otherwise your workers will steal you blind!

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING? WHAT HAPPEN TO CCTV ?

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by pinkpearl17(f): 7:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]
I would recommend a barbing salon

But jewelry business is good but not that great, who do you want to sell those jewelries to ?? Where do you wanna sell them ??

When you say jewelry, you mean real jewelries like Jesus piece, Cuban links, Hublots and Audemars or you mean those fake dog chain the Hausa people sell ??

If you want those type of dog chain the Hausa guys sell, go to China, they are very cheap there

Why would you go to Dubai ?? This is the reason why many of you won't be successful in business, you want to rush to Dubai to go see tall buildings

If you call yourself a businessman and don't know that China is the business headquarter of the world, you don't deserve to be in business

Things are manufactured cheaply in China, for example, an IPhone 6 earphones for $1 and sell them for $13 in the USA [/b]
Pure lie. Original Rolex watches are made of titanium which is very expensive. Only a dumb person would not know that. You can never buy fake Rolex watches and sell it to a real Rolex watch dealer in the Us because there are chemical test to determine if the watch is truly original. Easy with d lies
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Rexology: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2017
sKeetz:
Pls if you get to know of anyone selling his/her car. Any model and any color. In good condition with all the documents valid and legal, and the price is between 750k and 1.500m Please let him/her sell it. I am not interested.
Thanks.

Lol...Nigerians...but Naija sweet ooo...I can't just stop laughing. Thank you for making me laugh this morning.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Malayy(m): 8:44am On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]

But jewelry business is good but not that great, who do you want to sell those jewelries to ?? Where do you wanna sell them ??

When you say jewelry, you mean real jewelries like Jesus piece, Cuban links, Hublots and Audemars or you mean those fake dog chain the Hausa people sell ??

If you want those type of dog chain the Hausa guys sell, go to China, they are very cheap there

Why would you go to Dubai ?? This is the reason why many of you won't be successful in business, you want to rush to Dubai to go see tall buildings

If you call yourself a businessman and don't know that China is the business headquarter of the world, you don't deserve to be in business

Things are manufactured cheaply in China, for example, an IPhone 6 earphones for $1 and sell them for $13 in the USA [/b]
cool cash.. bro I just need 100USD . thanks.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by AlexWallace(f): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:
[b]

came for excursion at California..i guess u awt of the city?
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Addicted2Women: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2017
AlexWallace:
came for excursion at California..i guess u awt of the city?

Sorry, California is not a city

California is a state

Are you sure you went to California ??

It's like calling Chicago a state

This is hilarious, California a city ?? Wow
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by star4ever: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2017
Good day to the great people of Nairaland,

I have read all the insightful and educative comments. you have all done justice to my concerns.

I am indeed grateful..

Do have a good day ahead..
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by itiswellandwell: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2017
star4ever:
Good day to the great people of Nairaland,

I have read all the insightful and educative comments. you have all done justice to my concerns.

I am indeed grateful..

Do have a good day ahead..

You can as well think of going into footwear sales. I have a female friend that can get top notch men and women footwear produced. You can get it produced and packaged and perhaps even have your brand name on it thereby promoting our local products. They will love that idea. Yes. she's damn good in what she does. Here's her contact details. 07033446112. Her name is Mariam. You can as well reach her on whatsapp.

All the very best in your decision.

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by delishpot: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2017
Ajusshi:
Did you even read the post?

No. tell me what it said?

She has rich clients, why can't she do home service for men's hair? Do you think big men don't also love having someone come home to cut their hair and manicure their nails? Have feet wash and massaged? Abegi, she can still send her staff or who ever to go do it. Just keep record of sales abi Na services. She clearly was considering salon biz but for men. Only down side is, her workers may steal her clients if she is not smart . If she is smart she will enjoy the business esp if she includes service for women.

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Yomiwayne80(m): 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
soberdrunk:
Barbing saloon business is not as easy as it seems, there are so many saloons in almost every corner and most people dont change barbers often, its better you stick with the gold biz.....

Ps- I have used the same barber for '25 years', i changed location and used the same barber for three months till the barber bought 'brand new' toyota corolla, i had to change him.(Yes am a hater!! And am also superstitious angry)

Barbing or hairdressing saloon is so easy and very profitable.... It's just about how best you package it.
The problem is when you don't supervise regularly.... Your employers will cheat you dearly.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by AlexWallace(f): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Sorry, California is not a city

California is a state

Are you sure you went to California ??

It's like calling Chicago a state

This is hilarious, California a city ?? Wow
mr know it all....i guess Lagos,is a state and also a city? Or is it a state and a village

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Addicted2Women: 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
AlexWallace:
mr know it all....i guess Lagos,is a state and also a city? Or is it a state and a village

Dumb girl

New York is a city and also a state

Lagos is a state only

For fucck sake California is a fuccking state, there's no city in California called California, i lived in California and can mention every goddam city in California

My goodness

Are you that dumb or are you trolling me ??

California is a city grin ?? I will never forget this
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by AlexWallace(f): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Dumb girl

Lagos is a state only

For fucck sake California is a fuccking state, there's no city in California called California, i lived in California and can mention every goddam city in California

My goodness

aiite
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Babysho(m): 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ajusshi:
Did you even read the post?

You're in Korea and don't know how to spell Ahjussi?
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by lexylexy(m): 7:36am On Jan 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Things are manufactured cheaply in China, for example, an IPhone 6 earphones for $1 and sell them for $13 in the USA

chaĆ­i

1 Like

Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by lexylexy(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2017
Addicted2Women:

Dumb girl

Lagos is a state only

My goodness

come why u calling my namesake dumb,something must be wrong with u. Lagos is a city and also a State. yea California is a State comprising of many cities. I bet what she meant is she is in one of the cities like Sacramento or San Diego.
Re: Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? by Osinachi00(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2018
Bro please what part of China did you bought the wrist watch's?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entrepreneur Turns Boeing 747-Jet To A 27-room Hostel / Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds / Waste Disposal Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.