Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! (591 Views)

Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX / What I Will Tell My Children About Nigerian General Elections 2015 / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by Parohfrey(f): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2009
Nigeria is a rogue state?

Nigeria is a hell hole?

Nigeria is a failed state?

Nigeria is a no go country?

Nigeria is disease ridden?

What do you fill your children with about Nigeria?
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by bilymuse: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2009
I II tell them we are unlucky to have a fool like Paroh_frey as a Nigerian
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by Parohfrey(f): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
your father, motehr, and your entire lineage are fools and hell mongers.
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by Dede1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2009
Paroh_frey:

Nigeria is a rogue state?

Nigeria is a hell hole?

Nigeria is a failed state?

Nigeria is a no go country?

Nigeria is disease ridden?

What do you fill your children with about Nigeria?

I tell them all of the above and pray to them to watch a moment of NTA television programs that reinforced my belief that Nigeria is truly a cesspit.
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by MrCrackles(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
Dede1:

I tell them all of the above and pray to them to watch a moment of NTA television programs that reinforced my belief that Nigeria is truly a cesspit.
GBAM!!
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by brooklyn99: 1:05am On Nov 30, 2009
Ah, I say to my daughter " thats where ur grandmother is from. you,you were born in the bronx. thats where u from. if i ever hear u say u from that country of thieving corrupt lunatics i'll kick u out this house and wont care that ure only 4 yrs old. the people are nice, wonderful, caring and loving people. the govt is made up of evil despots that have signed their souls over to the devil" angry my daughter loves to say she nigerian.eff that
Re: What Do You Tell Your Children About Nigeria! by Roforofo(m): 1:30am On Nov 30, 2009
I tell my children that it is where their dad is from and they should be proud of their mixed heritage (Nigerian and Swedish). They speak Yoruba, Swede, French and English and we teach them about both cultures. I have taught them about great Nigerians like Fela Kuti, Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehenmi, Ken Saro Wiwa, Aminu Kano, Tai Solarin, Alfred Rewane, Cyprian Ekwensi etc. They love Nigerian music and enjoy going to Nigeria every 3 years. I have also taught them that our rulers are corrupt, thieving scum who oppress and loot the country repeatedly. However I hope learning about the poverty and hardship I faced growing up makes them develop a work ethic of honesty and diligence as well as compassion for those who are less fortunate in all societies.

(1) (Reply)

At Last? / Pdp: We Won’t Change Soludo / Man, 26, Stabs Friend To Death Over Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.