Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:32 AM

MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem (26163 Views)

RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Islie: 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4419916_screenshot20161030183813_jpeg58e34ef36e5bceb12c86fb1180ff5388

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4419917_cwbsn18wcaijdu9_jpeg4617593d3fbf413435af474fd6b1be4f

The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, has warned its Pastors and members against using the church platform to participate in Ponzi schemes.

A memo issued by the General Secretary of the church, Pastor Johnson Odesola, to all Pastors in charge of regions and provinces, threatened disciplinary actions against defaulting members.

According to the memo, the doctrine of the church does not support get rich quick schemes.

The memo reads partly: “Please be informed that the doctrine of the church does not support get rich quick schemes, gambling, betting, etc in any form.

“God is and remains our supplier by the application of biblical principles of working diligently with our hands.

“All senior pastors are hereby authorised to ensure no one uses the pulpit or any platform of the RCCG to promote any such schemes.”

This is coming at a time when Apostle Johnson Suleiman of the Omega Fire Ministries, OFM, Worldwide, fired one of his Pastors , Joseph Aiyedun, for using the ministry’s name to participate in popular money doubling scheme, Mavrodi Mondial Movement, MMM.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/24/mmm-redeemed-church-warns-pastors-members-participating-ponzi-scheme/

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by nightingalee: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
How late!

25 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by thesicilian: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Its now they want to warn, when everything has crashed.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by iambabaG: 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Too late for that; the deed has already been done!
Where were you when the lady below was in action?
The internet never forget!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by mccoy47(m): 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Medicine after death!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by fpeter(f): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na so

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Queenbalikees(f): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
HMM

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by efilefun(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
No be inside the same redeem church dem hold MMM seminar Abegiii where Deaconess Bisi abii na Risi

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by balanceofterror1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Interesting

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by wellmax(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
He who has an ear let him hear.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by TRADELYN: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Too late undecided

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by alienvirus: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
lol. In the mind of mavrodians

" Adeboye is it your money?".

"Are we complaining to you?"

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by xynerise: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Medicine after death....Well, tithing will return to normalcy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by lifezone247(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:
may for the one that is coming soon, you never can tell grin

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Montaque(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
after the damage has been done.

When this scheme came on board, i looked for spiritual opinion from our MOG. I wanted a stronger reason to give the many people that accosted me to join. On my facebook timeline, twitter, and whatsapp, i tagged churches, MOG, WOG, pastors, Rev. and Apostle, but i did not get a voice. The day i gave up was when i saw the picture of RCCG woman doing MMM seminar in Church. Even the sunday school teacher on one sunday service stylishly avoided my questions on this. i asked for biblical and spiritual explanation on this issue. its seemed only JW replied, and later released a statement warning members and advising them. Now, that things has changed, even the vilest sinner knows the dangers of MMM. So there is really no need giving out sermon now, co when it was required, you guys did not match up.

I wonder what was more direct and important to us between warning Nigerians about future MMM dangers and the many general prophecies that greeted us in January?

WHERE ARE THE ELIJAHS, JEREMIAHS AND EZEKIELS IN NIGERIA?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Medicine after death. Why warn them after the scheme don crash finish and 70 percent of the church members don put their life savings there? Redeemed been dey sleep all this while?

4 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by tazzus(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Medicine after death......
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by tuoyoojo(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
mmm is gone

others have risen to take its place

no time to check time
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by SuperBlack: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Now or Before the death of MMM? They spoke late.

3 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by ShitHead(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
After they don advertise am for church finish? Wayo people.

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by 12345baba(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
Seun yoloba leave MMM alone

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by mrkels(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
thesicilian:

Not everything .

Some gulible Nigerians are still paying In MMM.

Also these new ones are springing up daily defrauding Nigerians .

They should sound the warning And educate more persons .

2 Likes

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Jaii(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
they are preaching to the choir grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
lol

MMM Is history

there was a scam

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by SuperBlack: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
xynerise:
Medicine after death....Well, tithing will return to normalcy grin
It seems you have a Neigbor who's a Pastor.
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Akinz0126(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
What's d point now?
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by CICERO09(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
when the thing has crashed das wen he knew to give advice..all this fake pastors self..religion has done more harm than good in this world

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by mamatayour(f): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
grin grin
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by CXLVII: 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na today!

At this hour when money is already gone.. grin

Quite early.....

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by SuperBlack: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
mrkels:

Not everything .
Some gulible Nigerians are still paying In MMM.
Also these new ones are springing up daily defrauding Nigerians .
They should sound the warning And educate more persons .
When did you pay Last?

1 Like

Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by Datevilme: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
Rightly Said, they should rather port to surer means of income like i did...check my sig..
Re: MMM: Redeemed Church Warns Pastors, Members Against Participating In Ponzi Schem by WHOcarex: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Hands Out Money To Ochanja Fire Victims Individually / Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting / The Secret Behind MFM Fire Prayers And Why You Must Start Praying Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.