Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? (897 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / "Yayi Yayi Jesus Yayi": Who Knows The Lyrics Of This Christian Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by true2god: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All- Knowing." (36.38)(sahih bukhari 4:54:421).

According. to the above hadith, the sun moves from place to place while my elementary geography textbook tells me that the sun is stationary while the earth rotates and revolves around the sun.

Which is correct, Mohammed/Islam/hadith or my elementary geography text book?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by chiefolododo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
Islamic wetin?
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by Makaveli08: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
lol...
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by oglalasioux(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lol

Isn't that proof enough that both the Bible and the Koran are jokes?
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by JacksonD7: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
true2god:

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All- Knowing." (36.38)(sahih bukhari 4:54:421).

According. to the above hadith, the sun moves from place to place while my elementary geography textbook tells me that the sun is stationary while the earth rotates and revolves around the sun.

Which is correct, Mohammed/Islam/hadith or my elementary geography text book?

This is further proof that the Koran was written by a ret@rd. Wisen up

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_8D9aU9u4VkhtoXBaOl0o-pqGk2kCuUM&itct=CCIQ3BwYACITCKKY3qPZvtECFQbVfgodhSkKvQ%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by true2god: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
JacksonD7:

This is further proof that the Koran was written by a ret@rd. Wisen up

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_8D9aU9u4VkhtoXBaOl0o-pqGk2kCuUM&itct=CCIQ3BwYACITCKKY3qPZvtECFQbVfgodhSkKvQ%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
I am expecting the Muslims to defend their scientific prophet.
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by truthmans2012: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Allah is not a good geographer.
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by alBHAGDADI: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
truthmans2012:
Allah is not a good geographer.
I could remember my geography teacher flogging some of my fellow students for failing geography class.

I think Allah was one of them. grin
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by truthmans2012: 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
I could remember my geography teacher flogging some of my fellow students for failing geography class.

I think Allah was one of them. grin

Henhenhen !!!

Laughing in French
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2018
Jesus in the Bible ordered this:

Numbers 31 vs 17-18
So now, kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has had relations with a man, 18 but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

Judges 21:10-11

10 So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children. 11 This is what you are to do: Completely destroy every male, as well as every female who has had relations with a man.”So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children.

Son of Gods slept with daughters of men

Gen 6 vs 1-2

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they atook them wives of all which they chose.

Don't tell me Jesus was not among the sons of God that came to sleep with the daughters of men!
How do you know a girl has not had relations with a man before?
Why kill women that are not virgins but spare virgins for themselves?
Why can't the men be forgiven?
Why kill so much...only to end up killing yourself on a stake/cross?

I guess Jesus (in the Bible) was not the same in the New Testament! Jesus Christ, not the same today, yesterday and forever!

Cc: Okunrinoloro (Toxic man)

Actually i don't like invading threads or christian section but your insanity on our thread is too much!

1 Like

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by enilove(m): 12:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Jesus in the Bible ordered this:

Numbers 31 vs 17-18
So now, kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has had relations with a man, 18 but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

Judges 21:10-11

10 So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children. 11 This is what you are to do: Completely destroy every male, as well as every female who has had relations with a man.”So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children.

Son of Gods slept with daughters of men

Gen 6 vs 1-2

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they atook them wives of all which they chose.

Don't tell me Jesus was not among the sons of God that came to sleep with the daughters of men!
How do you know a girl has not had relations with a man before?
Why kill women that are not virgins but spare virgins for themselves?
Why can't the men be forgiven?
Why kill so much...only to end up killing yourself on a stake/cross?

I guess Jesus (in the Bible) was not the same in the New Testament! Jesus Christ, not the same today, yesterday and forever!

Cc: Okunrinoloro (Toxic man)

Actually i don't like invading threads or christian section but your insanity on our thread is too much!

STALE AND UNRELATED RESPONSE

1 Like

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

STALE AND UNRELATED RESPONSE

Prove me wrong from your book.

1 Like

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by enilove(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Prove me wrong from your book.

Trying to prove you wrong would amount to deviating from the subject of the thread , which is against the rule and what I accused you of. .

This thread was opened about 2 years ago and the last response was also about the same time .

Where were you since then , was the answer that hard that it took you 2 years to respond with an unrelated Bible scriptures ?

The question is , does the Sun move about , according to the hadith or it does not , according to science ?
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by aadoiza: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Only blind and caucasian ass-licking people believe the sun is stationary. Nobody should tell me it takes scientific knowledge to determine whether the sun is pinned or in motion.

If anyone can't see it for themselves I can't help them. It simply means they've guzzled too much scientific hogwash to see the realities before them.

1 Like

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by aadoiza: 12:59am On Dec 14, 2018
Only blind and caucasian ass-licking people believe the sun is stationary and the earth spinning in the middle of nowhere. Nobody should tell me it takes scientific knowledge to determine whether the sun is pinned or in motion.

If anyone can't see it for themselves I can't help them. It simply means they've guzzled too much scientific hogwash to see the realities before them.

1 Like

Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2018
enilove:

Trying to prove you wrong would amount to deviating from the subject of the thread , which is against the rule and what I accused you of. .

This thread was opened about 2 years ago and the last response was also about the same time .

Where were you since then , was the answer that hard that it took you 2 years to respond with an unrelated Bible scriptures ?

The question is , does the Sun move about , according to the hadith or it does not , according to science ?

We believe Allaah is the creator of everything and all is subject to His laws. So the sun doing what is stated in the hadith is a no-brainer if you have sense.
Moreover, this is a matter of the unseen of which is above science.
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by enilove(m): 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

We believe Allaah is the creator of everything and all is subject to His laws. So the sun doing what is stated in the hadith is a no-brainer if you have sense.
Moreover, this is a matter of the unseen of which is above science.

No one is disputing that God created everything and that they are subjected to the commandments of God. Even science did not dispute this .
The oroblem is that Muhammad had no knowledge of what he was saying , and was fond of this , like :

Allah SWT says:

حَتّٰىٓ إِذَا بَلَغَ مَغْرِبَ الشَّمْسِ وَجَدَهَا تَغْرُبُ فِى عَيْنٍ حَمِئَةٍ وَوَجَدَ عِنْدَهَا قَوْمًا ۗ قُلْنَا يٰذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِمَّآ أَنْ تُعَذِّبَ وَإِمَّآ أَنْ تَتَّخِذَ فِيهِمْ حُسْنًا
"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness.""
(QS. Al-Kahf: Verse 86)

Can you read that nonsense ? The sun setting in a spring of dark mud ?
That is Islam for you.

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 621:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, "Fever is from the heat of Hell, so abate fever with water."

This simply means , muslims should not go to the hospital for healing from fever neither should they take any medicine to cure it , other than water.
Do you believe that ?

Volume 1, Book 5, Number 277:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other. The Prophet Moses used to take a bath alone. They said, 'By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.' So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes. Moses followed that stone saying, "My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone." Abu Huraira added, "By Allah! There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating."

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "When the Prophet Job (Aiyub) was taking a bath naked, GOLDEN LOCUSTS began to fall on him. Job started collecting them in his clothes. His Lord addressed him, 'O Job! Haven't I given you enough so that you are not in need of them.' Job replied, 'Yes!' By Your Honor (power)! But I cannot dispense with Your Blessings.' "

STONE DEVELOPED LEGS AND RAN WITH MOSES CLOTHES?
GOLDEN LOCUSTS AND SILVER LOCUSTS ?

My point is , Muhammad was a fake prophet .
Re: Modern Or Islamic Science: Who Knows Better? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
enilove:

No one is disputing that God created everything and that they are subjected to the commandments of God. Even science did not dispute this.
Ok, now you are now the one derailing the thread. Why not stick to the topic! I have answered you on that now you start your mumbo jumbo right? I know you have a hard heart and nothing will suffice you on any explanation i give.

enilove:

The problem is that Muhammad had no knowledge of what he was saying , and was fond of this , like :

Allah SWT says:

حَتّٰىٓ إِذَا بَلَغَ مَغْرِبَ الشَّمْسِ وَجَدَهَا تَغْرُبُ فِى عَيْنٍ حَمِئَةٍ وَوَجَدَ عِنْدَهَا قَوْمًا ۗ قُلْنَا يٰذَا الْقَرْنَيْنِ إِمَّآ أَنْ تُعَذِّبَ وَإِمَّآ أَنْ تَتَّخِذَ فِيهِمْ حُسْنًا
"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it[b] [as if][/b] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness.""
(QS. Al-Kahf: Verse 86)

Can you read that nonsense ? The sun setting in a spring of dark mud ?
That is Islam for you.

This is just a metaphor! The use of ''as'' or "like''. Simple logic. This is a description on how he see the sun setting! Stop interpreting text as if you can't read between the lines. Read more on metaphor.

enilove:
Volume 7, Book 71, Number 621:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said, "Fever is from the heat of Hell, so abate fever with water."

This simply means , muslims should not go to the hospital for healing from fever neither should they take any medicine to cure it , other than water.
Do you believe that ?

Yes, i believe it. You have had fever before right? So go to hell and compare it with your last fever and you will see it is true! You need to figure out the figure of speech used here. You are educated.

It never says we should not go to hospital, etc.

The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhe wa sallam, said: “For every ailment, there is a cure. If the cure reaches the ailment, it is cured by the will of Allah.” [Muslim]

enilove:
Volume 1, Book 5, Number 277:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other. The Prophet Moses used to take a bath alone. They said, 'By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.' So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes. Moses followed that stone saying, "My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone." Abu Huraira added, "By Allah! There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating."

enilove:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "When the Prophet Job (Aiyub) was taking a bath naked, GOLDEN LOCUSTS began to fall on him. Job started collecting them in his clothes. His Lord addressed him, 'O Job! Haven't I given you enough so that you are not in need of them.' Job replied, 'Yes!' By Your Honor (power)! But I cannot dispense with Your Blessings.' "

STONE DEVELOPED LEGS AND RAN WITH MOSES CLOTHES?
GOLDEN LOCUSTS AND SILVER LOCUSTS ?

My point is , Muhammad was a fake prophet .

If Moses's rod can turn to snakes why can't you believed this? If Manna and quails can fall for the people of Israel in the wilderness and you believe such, why can't you believe this?

Mind you, what do you call a miracle? If i were to ask you about Elijah, Elijah and Chariot of fire, you will tell me it happened. How can it happen?

That is different because it is in the Bible!

The fact is that you which to denigrate the light of Islam and the light will keep blossoming whether you like it or not!

Muhammad confirmed all the Prophets before him and I will like to inform you that among what a Muslim must ''believe in'' is to believe in the Prophets. This Prophets includes Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Isma'eel (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqoob (Jacob), Ayyob (Job), Yoonus (Jonah), Haroon (Aaron), Sulaiman (Solomon), Dawud (David), Idrees (Enoch), Dhul Kifl (Isaiah), Lut (Lot), Zakariyya (Zachariah), Ilyaas (Elijah), Al-Yasa (Elisha), Yahya (John), 'Eesa (Jesus) and Muhammad (Peace be upon them all). And the knowledge of their numbers belongs to Allah only! We believe all of them were sent by Allah to certain set of people. Some were given Inspired Books like Torah (Musa), Zabur (Dawud) Injeel ('Eesa), Qur'an (Muhammad), etc.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Battling With This Question Ever Since / So Sad! Radical Muslim Group Kills Young Man For Being An Atheist / Cat Turn Into An Old Woman In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.