Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye (50629 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by OrientDailyNews: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, has explained why he did not graduate from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).

He said the outbreak of Nigerian civil war in 1967 made him and others move out of the then Eastern region.

Adeboye spoke in Nsukka on Tuesday after being conferred with Honorary Degree of Doctorate of Divinity.

He recalled that he gained admission into UNN in 1963 and his matriculation number was 1800.

He said: “It was the order of the then governor of the Eastern region Chief Odumgwu Ojukwu that non Igbos should leave the East; that was why I finished at the University of Ibadan.

“I am happy that a governor of Enugu state accompanied me today to UNN while the then governor of the Eastern region sent me packing because of civil war; that is God for you.

“I am happy that the first degree I missed in UNN has been replaced with honorary doctorate degree.

“I thank UNN for finding me worthy of this award.’’

Adeboye urged Nigerians who had not given their life to Jesus Christ to do so, stressing that life is meaningless without Christ.

“Please if you have not given your life to Christ; do not waste time; do so immediately as you come to the prayer rally I am holding in this University after this award”, he said.

In his remarks, UNN Vice Chancellor, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba, said “This is award is to an alumnus of UNN in the department of mathematics until 1966.

“Today special convocation is to reward excellence to man who through the anointing of Jesus has imparted much to humanity.”

https://orientdailynews.com/ojukwu-chased-me-other-non-igbos-out-of-east-adeboye/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Young03(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
because he knew u would betray him

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Kyase(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
Young03:
Bros respect yourself joor

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Young03(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Kyase:
Bros respect yourself joor

why?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
But why should this man say a thing like this. SMH.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by leobrownish(m): 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
igbonites and there selfish greediness... grin

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Kyase(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
Young03:

why?
just like that grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by HtwoOw: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baba GO would never say such a thing

I love Tribal e-war as much as the other guy , i never ran from one unless their biased friends moderating choose to ban me for defending myself or my tribe

But

GO knows how volatile the situation of the country is

He would never use those exact words That Ojukwu chased him and others out

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by BabaRamota1980: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
This revelation about Ojukwu is hereby saved into archive.

65 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by dealslip(f): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
Please read the write up and dont start an unnecssary hate filled and mudslinging ethnic controversy. he had to leave on the order of Ojukwu cause they were caught up in the civil war.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by OJUcrook: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
Young03:
Didn't Ojukwu betray his own people? The people he swore to protect till the last drop of his blood, only for him to cowardly run away to Abidjan, abandoning them to the mercy of the advancing federal forces

207 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by stinggy(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Young03:
You mean all non-igbos will betray igbos. Don't you think it's high time to re-check that line and start telling yourselves the truth?
Why is it only you that complains of betrayal from the other groups?

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
I remember Nnamdi Kaniu, during his numerous hate broadcast, instructing the ibos to kill Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Kumuyi, and to burn down all Yoruba owned Churches in the South East.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by obembet(f): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
So that God's plan in your life can be fulfill..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by ehissi(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hmmmm.......
Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by martineverest(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
they were chasing others away,while their brodas were 'ndigbo-lising' other people's land...smh

13 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by johnshagb(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
Let's not create unnecessary argument here since it was not a particular tribe that was chased out of the region but all "non indigenes"

God bless the Igbos
God bless the afonjas
God bless the zoo

18 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
I wonder what the objective of this notion is directed towards

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by jide219(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
Were is the ojukwu now.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
War chased u out and not Ojukwu.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by tolexy007(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
cheesy oya let the war begin again btw Nairaland Afonjas and IPOD youth

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Enemyofpeace: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ghen ghen baba have open a can of worms.
Did thread go sweet die.

Let the war of words begin

#teamafonja

Vs

#teamflatino

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by sarrki(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ojukwu is a fraud star

Even Nnamdi Kani is a terrorist

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by AngelicBeing: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
cool
Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by jide219(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
I sight u oo lala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by Enemyofpeace: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
jide219:
Were is the ojukwu now.
he have die

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by xynerise: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
He chased you and others to save your lives. You should thank him grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye by alcmene: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
Afonja....they beheaded your pastor in Kano you said nothing.

Your Osibanjo is now an errand boy in Aso rock you no say pim

Your pastor was rough-handled by Buhari soldiers but you looked the other way.

Your people are dying of Buhari-induced starvation yet you lost your voice

Its now Igbo matter and found your voice and go down memory lane

Afonjaism is really inherent in you guys

54 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Bishop Oyedepo Pays Condolence Visit To Pastor Odukoya Over Wife's Death (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.