Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy (22261 Views)

Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 / Charly Boy's Daughter, Dewy Oputa Hot In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
I guess it about time I break my silence on this matter. From 1967 to 1970 my youth was scandalised with the horrors of the Nigerian civil war. I was never on the front line as a fighting soldier, but I was in the boys’ brigade transmitting from the naval headquarters then in Oguta. With the daily air raids and the smell of death all around us, we were thankful everyday we managed to stay alive.
I remember a sight that have never left me till today at the tail end of the civil war. I was walking down the street on my way to the stream to fetch water, lo and behold was the sound of death (air raids) As we all ran in different direction looking for a safe place to take cover, I turned around to figure the direction my friends were running in, all of a sudden I saw the head of one off them yanked off the body, as a result of the fighter jets that killed innocent civilians for fun, what a horrible sight for a 17yr old. The words of plato “only the dead see the end of war” were forever engrained in my thoughts.

I am a proud Igbo man, a home boy and a native fowl. No demo. My friends call me Igbotic not because am a nerd, or a jewman. But because I represent and symbolise all the characteristics of a typical igbo man pre the civil war. The Igbos may have short circuited their political growth, but it doesn't take away the fact that we are great Nigerians. I have learnt to be more Igbotic than I ever expected. As an igbo man, I have learnt to be more profitable in the things that I do. I have perfected the art of being tenacious in any dream I chase; to be industrious, consistent and powerfully focused. All the lessons I learnt from my brothers in the tribe have made me dogged, hardworking and exhibiting the ability and capacity to survive in any kind of weather. I am an original Nwa Biafra.

Needless to say that the igbo man is known to be one of the most entrepreneurial mind in the country. So it is particularly pathetic and unfortunate when some ignorant youths talk about this illusion called Biafra. History should teach us that Nationhood is Bloody, Hard and almost impossible when fantasy is the currency of demand. Even as Nigerians, see how our docility is killing our humanity. Didn't the fall of Biafra after the genocide and the suffering of my people teach us anything? Haven't we been marginalised enough? I Believe the Failure of the igbo nation is the fault of the people elites and decision makers. Why have we not poured our energy, capacity and Ability into making the South East the Dubai of the Nation as well as the engine room of the Nigerian Economy? Who would be our leaders when the south east is infested with political power grabbers, 419ers, mindless criminals and looters of our commonwealth and resources? Need I mention names?

See how we have migrated to different parts of Nigeria and the world which is good, made it home and developed our immediate environment. Why are we neglecting our home base, why are we running away from developing the South East?

Our problem may not after all be the man in Aso Rock from Daura or the ordinary Hausa or Yoruba man on the Streets of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Warri or Ogbomosho. The problem is the lack of men of integrity and a progressive mind set. We lack the right kind of leadership that will fight for the interest of the People. Let it be clear to all that the suffering of the People from the South East is also the suffering of the people from the other geopolitical zones in Nigeria. It is therefore retrospectively insane to begin to think that a people with a problem would suddenly be relieved when they are attached with a tag #BIAFRA; What Nonsense and Insanity! Now how do you begin to imagine that while the agitation for the state of Biafra is being demanded by the gullible Ibo youths, those who have been or are in position of authority are either not interested or are continuing their expansive investments in other part of Nigeria? Who dem dey deceive? They divide us daily with Religion, Tribalism, Ethnicity and Petty Bigotry even among the Tribes and Ethnic composition in the South East there is divisiveness. Why is Namdi Kanu yet to realize that the Dreams of Nationhood are lost in the Altar of Deception.

Have we even considered that the population of my people from the south east outside the Region is twice the population of those in the south east? How can we who are supposed to be looking at making the South East the centralised Industrial Hub of the Nigeria Nation be the ones who are driving a wedge of unrealistic fantasy between Nigeria and our own people? When President Muhammadu Buhari sings the localisation and Nigerianazation song; We should be the ones to drive the narrative, because We Can.. When you have a willing Partner, who is interested in the Nigerianization of the Nigerian Economy; Why are some of my people busy creating or Poisoning the environment that are ordinarily designed to favour that which will promote the industrialization of the South East. Why have we become the enemy of our own home? Why hasn't the "think home mentality” arrested every igbo billionaires and millionaires? Why are we eliminating the chances of Ibonising the Nigerian Economy by Nationalizing the Ibo Thought for a United and Prosperous Nigeria as well as for the benefits of all?

I cannot STAND here and tell you there are no problems of trust in Nigeria. I will be the last to say that the Ibo nation has not undergone persecution. I will be foolish to ignore the hunger that was used as a tool to starve the Ibo Nation during the civil war. I am perfectly in the know about the problems of the Nigeria structure, Abeg make we know our History but use am to work today to perfect tomorrow.

No one can argue the facts, and the facts are clear. The major problem of the Ibo Nation is also the major issue with the Nigeria State. 'The Mindset'. The Mind must first be liberated, the thoughts must be harmonised and the people of the South East, my dear brothers and sisters must know that the development of the region is horrible because the leaders in the region have failed. Politically, Religiously, Societally and Communally. Over the past decades; where is the Accountability from the leadership with regards;

1. FAAC;

2. IGR;

3. LOCAL BONDS;

4. FOREIGN DEVELOPMENTAL LOANS;

5. AIDS; GRANTS & BUDGETARY SUPPORT;

6. THE MANY FEDERAL PROJECTS IN THE REGION etc

The Failure of Leadership is evident in our agitation for Fairness, Justice and Equality for every Nigerian not just for every Ibo man. And so the Mind of the typical Ibo Leader Needs a Revolution to be realigned for the Interest of the People rather than the interest of their pockets. Biafra is not the Solution, I truly don't think so. So, Igbo ndi Oma. Let's focus on our home land and begin to demand accountability and responsibility from many of our Scammers, Riffraff’s and Fraudsters in the Ibo Kingdom called leaders. Let's us pause on the fantasy tagged Biafra for now. Let's us dutifully work ourselves back into reckoning, by industrialising our home base.

I know we can, and we should.

I also urge Mr President to show mercy on our brother Nnamdi Kanu; Him be Pikin.

Biafra, my Igboticness is always on my mind because #OURMUMUDONDO.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/01/charly-boy-speaks-on-biafra-for-very.html

76 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Among all the write ups about Biafra by Igbos and non Igbos, i think this is the one that agrees with me. I have always said that the idea of Biafra is not a bad one and should not treated as such. It's a fundamental human right to seel self determination in the most peaceful manner. However, there are issues that are more pertinent for the Igbo than Biafra and that is holding our leaders accountable. I dare say that among the thieves in the Nigerian political space, Igbo leaders and the most criminal minded. They steal with reckless abandon and they get away with it. Do you know why? It's because those that are supposed to hold them accountable are either based in Lagos, Abuja or Port-hacourt. The best brains that Igbos have are not based in the South East and in order for Igboland to get to the promise land, we must begin to think home first. We need a repatriation of our very best both in education, finance, entertainment, medicine etc. We must be the change that we want.

130 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Ebubeslym(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Pause
not abandon.

I see.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by davinchecodes(m): 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
I ONDO.
No source?

1 Like

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Aufbauh(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
"So it is particularly pathetic and unfortunate when some ignorant youths talk about this illusion called Biafra. History should teach us that Nationhood is Bloody, Hard and almost impossible when fantasy is the currency of demand"- Charley Boy 2017;My Hero grin

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by babyfaceafrica: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
Charley boy is afonja.........iPod yoots!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
They don't call him AREA FATHER for nothing.
Native intelligence...

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Godemcee(m): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
watch how they call Charly boy an afonja Or they would insult him.

1.2 ipob yoot start the insult

34 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by proeast(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
Area Father should mind his business, Nigeria has since expired. BTW, Check my signature if you want to buy land in Owerri.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by skedman(m): 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
He has said it all, all the region have leadership problem but southwest have realise this, that is why they witness growth and development. That is why I will always respect jagaban no matter how corrupt he is.he is still the engine room of southwest.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by pchukwudi: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nigeria is not structured for accountability. The earlier you folks get that into your heads the better for you.

Second, the value system of certain ethnic nationalities in this country is grossly opposing to that of the rest. So the real fantasy here is the illusion of one nigeria.

Third, THIS STRUCTURE CANNOT WORK EVEN IN A 1000 YEARS. So no more time to waste in the fraud of a country. Either do something fundamental about the structure now, or regret your delusion and innaction sooner than you think.

Finally, what do you expect from the selfdeluding "igbotic" man parading as charleyboy who by the way was given much but only has so little to show for it.

Mind you, upon all his assertion of igboticness, he still addresses igbos as "ibo". Basic dumbness/lie buster.

Afam4eva:
Among all the write ups about Biafra by Igbos and non Igbos, i think this is the one that agrees with me. I have always said that the idea of Biafra is not a bad one and should not treated as such. It's a fundamental human right to seel self determination in the most peaceful manner. However, there are issues that are more pertinent for the Igbo than Biafra and that is holding our leaders accountable. I dare say that among the thieves in the Nigerian political space, Igbo leaders and the most criminal minded. They steal with reckless abandon and they get away with it. Do you know why? It's because those that are supposed to hold them accountable are either based in Lagos, Abuja or Port-hacourt. The best brains that Igbos have are not based in the South East and in order for Igboland to get to the promise land, we must begin to think home first. We need a repatriation of our very best both in education, finance, entertainment, medicine etc. We must be the change that we want.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by BackToLife: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Even though Igbos are not perfect, I love the igbos because they are peaceful, reasonable and very enterprising unlike the senseless Northern Muslim hausa/fulanis. I believe that Igbo would soon become Nigerian President if they can suspend isolating themselves and join forces with fellow Yoruba Southerners. Christians should unite now before it's too late! When shall we become less stupid?! Trump has been reversing the satanic evil legacies that moslem Obama manipulatively and deceitfully established, yet Nigerian Christians can't see yet that GOD wants to help us! Moslems North are ever united, they've always manipulated us the Christian South through this stupid tribal division to rule us for almost 48years out of 57 years that we've been independent Country. This brings Yemi Osinbajo to mind. The muslims have ganged up against the Christians for too long. It's time for Igbo Christians not allow the continual endless killings by the wicked fulanis muslems. Buhari kept quiet while his fulani brothers endlessly kill innocent Nigerians in thousands all over the place. Yemi Osinbajo shall once again show politicians that untribalized patriotism is urgently needed to move this Nation forward.
He will surely hand over Power to the North to complete their 8years, unless Igbos become wise enough to rally round him and support him fully now. He's a very intelligent Man of peace. Igbos are Christians just like most Yorubas, if they show him full love, I'm sure he'll hand over Power to Igbos. I hope igbos would throw away their tribal bigotry and use this golden opportunity through this sincere Christian Man to become the President of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by projectking68(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
Till buhari dies

3 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by mccoy47(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
I stopped taking this guy serious the dey he wore a bikini and told us his ulter ego is Linda.

Smh.. Tueh! angry

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by NameChecker: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
IPOB kor . . .
IPAD ni . . .

1 Like

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by voicelez: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
Keep your opinion to yourself

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
For WHAT.....??
Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by ojmaroni247(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
Isorai
Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by googlepikins: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
Am not surprise nairaland took this nonsense to front page for Zombies to masturbate to.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Dreambeat: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
He is just one person.Those who want Biafra also have their reasons.Thats the beauty of democracy,everybody has the right to air his/her opinion.He should be championing a referendum and let the people decide.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Okadalifestyle(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
Charlie we don near the promise land . No pausing now.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by steppin: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
Now is the best time to fight for it. Boko Haram and the Fulani herdsmen are helping the cause indirectly.

9 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by chiefoluigwe(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is true and important. We should focus on pressing issues and move to unnecessary things later.
Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by obembet(f): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Now look at this statement

What Nonsense and Insanity! Now how do you begin to imagine that while the agitation for the state of Biafra is being demanded by the gullible Ibo youths, those who have been or are in position of authority are either not interested or are continuing their expansive investments in other part of Nigeria? Who dem dey deceive?

This is what I always tell those idiot beside my house.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by playfulvivo: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Tell them Charley Boy....Jonathan administration was the best time for us to actualize that goal...A CRAZY fulani man give u seccession...I DOUBT IT

2 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by Opakan2: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
They should not rest na..

After all their top guys don go join APC finish betraying their foot soldiers
we'll see how it all ends. Meanwhile RIP to the fallen gullible ones

3 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by soberdrunk(m): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lmao @ "Him be pikin", some people go get stroke for this thread today. Mr Charly boy has spoken the "gospel truth", a lot of people have sacrificed "too much" for one 'Nwatakiri" to come and be threatening 'War'!! angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by 1Rebel: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
As much as you are entitled to your opinion, I bet you know the Igbos quite well. No one would swallow your opinion hook, line and sinker. A tangible majority of us have chosen to leave this hellhole, respect that decision and help us legitimatize the struggle. No one is putting the Biafran dream on hold because you said so. Igbo enwero Eze.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by chiefoluigwe(m): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Okadalifestyle:
Charlie we don near the promise land . No pausing now.

Stop deceiving yourself. No promise land

5 Likes

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by PFRB: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
If actually Charly Boy wrote that, it shows he has not grown up. He is still a child and a boy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Igbos Pause On Biafra For Now - Charly Boy by chiefoluigwe(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
steppin:
Now is the time to fight for it.

Wrong move. It is pointless.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Agrees To Pay Fan's School Fees In Adeleke University, Ile-Ife / Alexx Ekubo Celebrates 32nd Birthday With Lovely Pictures / How I Will Spend My N25M Prize - Miracle, 2018 BBNaija Winner (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.