Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Love Is Never Enough. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Is Never Enough. (17057 Views)

If Love Is Not Enough For Marriage, What Is? / So Love Is A Decision? / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Toks2008(m): 7:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Gerrard59:

You made sense this time. However, as always, you displayed your hypocrisy. Hypocrisy? Yes, because you are the same person who has continually accused Nigerian females of leaving the man who they love but unfortunately doesn't have the financial resources to a financial stable fellow. You have said countless times that they are materialistic and will regret their change (asking them why can't endure with the "promising but broke fellow" ), but alas, as a hypocrite you changed again.

I am with you on this post, but had to point out your hypocrisy.

You need serious self education on what hypocrisy is about.

It's like calling the elders hypocrite because they scold a wife for not being humble to her husband and equally scold the husband for not being sensitive to the emotional needs of the wife.

You need a level of maturity to understand this.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Toks2008(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
lalasticlala do you agree?
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by delivryboy: 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
joliyp:
lol.......love is always enough

Easiest stuff to say
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by folly22(f): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
.its complicated
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Raydans: 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
colossus91:
my dear if i dont see my gf for a month and i dont call for a week,my gf will start thinking am cheating not knowing the nigga is broke am speaking from experience ooh its just sad i learnt nd am keeping my distance!!
Exactly. I keep my distance from ladies.
Majority of them think am proud or am the unserious type.
Dem no know say nigga no get doe.
It's better to avoid the shame and the heartbreaks

2 Likes

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by zicoraads: 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Is love edible? undecided

1 Like

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by nicolosam(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
joliyp:
am ok wit ma bf z love...money or no money wil take care of him

Ur response is not only responsible but shows that u will certainly go places.....The Op couldn't think well and has only concluded in haste.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
joliyp:
i fell in love wit a man that has vision and purpose for his life......so i invested in him to harvest he loves me crazi

Sounds like a business deal though.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by mikeade11(m): 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

If u actually telling the truth, then you must love the guy, he's really lucky he has a gf who genuinely loves him, I hope he feels the same way and does not hurt u
No use style spoil their relationship na... If na babe wey no fit think straight you don cause gbege like that oo

1 Like

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Cutehector(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Toks2008:

4 things must be involved..

1.You are financially independent
2.You are still too young to realize that love is not enough.
3.You are one in a thousand Nigerian struggling ladies who can do that.
4.You lied.
joliyp is entitled to her opinion na.. U don't have to force her to key in to your views. Since she is happy in her rship u should wish her well
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Lunagirl(f): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
Love is never enough does not mean that money will never come.

What is the point of entering an unhappy marriage because you won't build your wealth with your boyfriend?

What is the rush for afterall? If you give your boyfriend 3 years and you also use those years to build yourself, after it elapses, you will have both a boyfriend you love and money! It beats entering a marriage with financial security that will leave you unhappy after 3 years.

The only time love is never enough is when your boyfriend is an unserious vuckboy, then you are on your own.

I value love a lot because I have been in love before.

Lastly, marriage is the most overrated thing on earth. If I won't wait for whoever I love and marry the hell out of him when we are ready, I don't think I want to marry at all.

I repeat, marriage is grossly overrated.

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Longman6(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb! Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers! Do not spend your strength[a] on women.A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

Toks2008, this woman in the bible agrees with you, however she also ackloleges that they are exceptions who might be hard to find, unfourtunately i can only provide two examples though foreign... Obamas wife was far ahead of the dude and the dude had to admit in his book that there were times he never thought he would amount to anything,yet the babe stood... Hillary Clinton was advised not to marry Bill clinton because she was way above his league and had even come to national prominence before meeting Bill in Law school,

Bill clinton said this last year: In the spring of 1975 i met a girl, simple smart and loving with blonde year and without makeup,( google Bill Clinton speech If you doubt)

I know there are ladies like this in Nigeria but they are less than 0.5 of the population, which isnt their fault... i sometimes feel there is a fault in their stars...

If you plan to live an extra-ordinary life dont ever marry a lady who isnt naturally kind... how would you know? check out how she addresses those bellow her, her response to provocations, and most importantly her values for keeping up with the jones or excesive attention...she cant keep that for long...

if she stays through the tick and thin and is emotionally faithful to you...you are made for life

10 Likes

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by XwhY(m): 11:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
No ROMANCE without FINANCE
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by amokeme(f): 12:00am On Mar 09, 2017
Toks2008:
[color=#000099]

You either forget having any commited affair with any lady if you are not financially buoyant
enough to spice up that romance or risk losing that lady to a dude who is more loaded but if the lady is nice enough...she just might decide to still be with you while dating another guy to get enough money to take care of you and herself.

I think the bold should apply to ladies too. I mean, you will definitely need to spend money at one point or another in a relationship. So why go into a relationship when you can't even take care of yourself alone first? I know some people will be like "it doesn't have to involve money and all that" but trust me, it is not true. You will still spend money. The calls you make to each other, the data you use in chatting all the visits... they involve money not stones.

I am of the opinion that if you are not financially stable to an extent, you have absolutely NO business being in a relationship/dating or even married.
And this applies to both men and women!

I don't like it when write ups like this drag the whole gender through the mud because of some few bad eggs.
And my advise to the guys always complaining about women leaving them because of their financial status is this; struggle to be financially balanced to an extent before you think about being in a relationship or getting married. After the struggle, find a lady at the same financial range or level as you, then you can start a relationship! Same applies to the women!
And yes LOVE is never and will never be enough, compatibility is KEY. Friendship and respect are also important factors in a relationship. And that's why I don't see anything wrong with same-category relationships/marriage. Things are easier that way.

Relationship shouldn't be a poverty elevation program, we have friends and family for that. I'm a firm believer of solo struggle.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by jeff1607(m): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2017
joliyp:
i fell in love wit a man that has vision and purpose for his life......so i invested in him to harvest he loves me crazi

nice but

when there's reason to love it's no love

when you really love, you can't explain why or how come

no matter the reason to love, it will always wane

only pray both comes together with lots of patience inclusive

1 Like

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by jeff1607(m): 12:08am On Mar 09, 2017
Longman6:
Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb! Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers! Do not spend your strength[a] on women.A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

Toks2008, this woman in the bible agrees with you, however she also ackloleges that they are exceptions who might be hard to find, unfourtunately i can only provide two examples though foreign... Obamas wife was far ahead of the dude and the dude had to admit in his book that there were times he never thought he would amount to anything,yet the babe stood... Hillary Clinton was advised not to marry Bill clinton because she was way above his league and had even come to national prominence before meeting Bill in Law school,

Bill clinton said this last year: In the spring of 1975 i met a girl, simple smart and loving with blonde year and without makeup,( google Bill Clinton speech If you doubt)

I know there are ladies like this in Nigeria but they are less than 0.5 of the population, which isnt their fault... i sometimes feel there is a fault in their stars...

If you plan to live an extra-ordinary life dont ever marry a lady who isnt naturally kind... how would you know? check out how she addresses those bellow her, her response to provocations, and most importantly her values for keeping up with the jones or excesive attention...she cant keep that for long...

if she stays through the tick and thin and is emotionally faithful to you...you are made for life

nice

but bro auto-correct do you strong thing oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Jhamzy(m): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2017
joliyp:
Since you are already hooked. Can u clone yourself for me? Seriously ooh! I need a girl of your courage and sense of purpose. My dear my eye don see shocked
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Kyllahmc(m): 1:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Nice one Op.. Truth! Money makes the world go around not love...
So brothers, get rich or die trying.. being poor is worse than death anyway.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Jhamzy(m): 1:25am On Mar 09, 2017
amokeme:

I think the bold should apply to ladies too. I mean, you will definitely need to spend money at one point or another in a relationship. So why go into a relationship when you can't even take care of yourself alone first? I know some people will be like "it doesn't have to involve money and all that" but trust me, it is not true. You will still spend money. The calls you make to each other, the data you use in chatting all the visits... they involve money not stones.

I am of the opinion that if you are not financially stable to an extent, you have absolutely NO business being in a relationship/dating or even married.
And this applies to both men and women!

I don't like it when write ups like this drag the whole gender through the mud because of some few bad eggs.
And my advise to the guys always complaining about women leaving them because of their financial status is this; struggle to be financially balanced to an extent before you think about being in a relationship or getting married. After the struggle, find a lady at the same financial range or level as you, then you can start a relationship! Same applies to the women!
And yes LOVE is never and will never be enough, compatibility is KEY. Friendship and respect are also important factors in a relationship. And that's why I don't see anything wrong with same-category relationships/marriage. Things are easier that way.

Relationship shouldn't be a poverty elevation program, we have friends and family for that. I'm a firm believer of solo struggle.

I bliv you to an extent. I even prefer starting up from friendship before going into serious relationship. But that solo struggle is not applicable in all situation because sometimes on your path of challenge, you might just find your God's sent spouse who is compatible with you.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Mznaett: 2:11am On Mar 09, 2017
DEEP embarassed
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by LordIsaac(m): 2:18am On Mar 09, 2017
And if she loves you but lack all the virtues that can make her a wife, virtues like courtsey, moderation, finnesse, self discipline with respect to cosmestics, prudence in financial matters to mention but a few, my brothers and sisters, LOVE IS NEVER ENOUGH!
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Prinszevor(m): 2:29am On Mar 09, 2017
Dis iz nice peace of words dis iz wat exactly happen 2 mi she sleeping around wit my friends
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 09, 2017
McBrooklyn:
Guys, if a lady dumps you because you don't have money and after you made money, she comes back begging... My brother, just forgive her, promise her marriage and then tell her family you want to renovate their house... REMOVE THEIR ROOF AND DISAPPEAR...!!! cheesy

#Soft_Work cool
is our work ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 09, 2017
colossus91:
my dear if i dont see my gf for a month and i dont call for a week,my gf will start thinking am cheating not knowing the nigga is broke am speaking from experience ooh its just sad i learnt nd am keeping my distance!!
as I dey now am dating one who senior with just few years, CUs I cant afford the luxury for the younger babes.. How u see it..
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by HayatH(f): 5:41am On Mar 09, 2017
Agreed
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2017
joliyp:
lol.......love is always enough
you are either very young or very inexperienced, ask old married people
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by purityval(m): 6:44am On Mar 09, 2017
Mznaett:
DEEP embarassed

Edipee oya come and carry your bae grin grin
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 09, 2017
firstking01:
And in as much as i agree with you and would not wanna banter words with you this time around, i'd also would 've prefered a lady i wanna marry to follow me climb the mountain so when i get to the top we can both seat there together and count the stars of our success.
do you know the reason why many ladies of today dont want to struggle with a man, because money changes people, just the same way men complain that ladies become proud when they maybe earn more than the man, the same thing applies to men, some would leave thier wives for someone younger, some would start to cheat, Some would become overly jealous and cage thier wives in, scenarios like these have happened in real life and africa magic. It takes a disciplined man of true character to stay with one woman when he is rich, not when he is too broke to cheat, so dont be surprised when some ladies dont want to climb with you. So work hard and those of us ladies with a vision for our lives will work hard too.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Toks2008(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2017
funmisticqueen:

you are either very young or very inexperienced, ask old married people

If I wrote this many will come for my head for pulling the age and inexperience strings but than God this is coming from a lady.

Unfortunately many ladies in Nigeria must brace up to either remain single for long,risk starting with a man or probably settle for a second wife or mistress of a made guy because 8 out of every 10 made guys out there already have a lady who stood by them and for those who don't have,they will hardly take you serious but only see you as a leech.

A terrible devil and deep blue sea situation.
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Toks2008(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2017
funmisticqueen:

and those of us ladies with a vision for our lives will work hard too.

Epic
Re: Love Is Never Enough. by Bowwow11(m): 7:19am On Mar 09, 2017
U ar absolutely right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obsessed / What Are Your Plans For Valentines Day? / Getting Married In 2 Months - Why Does He Distrust Me So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.