Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? (61104 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? / What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by makelove2m(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

Would have loved to try your option, but I'll be needing the money anytime and want it to be readily available.

Ok, no problem, you may try fix deposit for 90days with your bank, depends of the total amount, you may get little out of it, .......wishes you goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by badmrkt(m): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
DIAMOND BANK. EVEN WITHOUT MONEY DEM GO STILL PAY YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Wuminity(f): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
GT Bank is the best, infact i love the bank, based on savings account.
My interest is always at the end of the month, meanwhile it increases month by month if i did not touch the money before the month ends.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by tolexy007(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
wema my wema... wink
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by jinxet2000: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
MMM
Did I say that, ow! It's not a bank. Its a Ponzi Scheme.
Ok I do not know. But what I know is that Nigerian Banks are there to take all your money if you look the other way. So why would such system give you fair interest.

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by columbus007(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
This is a very interesting threads,i made a fixed deposit of some money with skyebank and I was given 9 percent,for a period of 3months which I still think it's abit fair compare to others,but I would want to go for the other tho,which is the treasury bill.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 247Dior(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
7footre:
1st bank and ecobank try for mua .... but if you don't have immediate need for the money, you can try treasury bills.. it's safe and much better
bro please enlighten me about this TREASURY BILL. kynbasil@yahoo.com.. tnx
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Plus234(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wuminity:
GT Bank is the best, infact i love the bank, based on savings account.
My interest is always at the end of the month, meanwhile it increases month by month if i did not touch the money before the month ends.

can you tell me more about it, assuming i put 100k, how much will be the interest after 30days ?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by anitank(f): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
7footre:
1st bank and ecobank try for mua .... but if you don't have immediate need for the money, you can try treasury bills.. it's safe and much better
Can you please explain how treasury bills work?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
Where you wan get interest rate?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
Adesiji77:

If you have idle cash (N100K and above) that you can spare for up to 30 days but not more than 60 days, you can go for fixed deposit.

For 91 days and above, I will suggest TBills. Current rates are the best that you can get in recent times. Be right back with the last stop rates.
treasury bills? I've had some money in fixed deposit giving me good returns, but this recession spoilt it. Pls can you just explain more about TB's. My money can be idle for as long as 2years. Thanks.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by ugonna1054(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
Adesiji77:

If you have idle cash (N100K and above) that you can spare for up to 30 days but not more than 60 days, you can go for fixed deposit.

For 91 days and above, I will suggest TBills. Current rates are the best that you can get in recent times. Be right back with the last stop rates.
if I put 100k in treasury bill for 90 days, how much ll I get after 3 months??

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
You can imagine banks giving someone a paltry return of just #10000 quarterly for 1m naira? I need a money doubler oh!
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 2019ATIKU(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Reekado bank grin angry

2 Likes

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
DokitaDave:
There was a day I sat down and surfed the internet to compare the interest rate of banks in Nigeria on fixed deposits, from the feedback I got then, Sterling bank seemed to be the highest with about 6.2% or thereabout.

I could only come to a conclusion that this is one of the reasons money doubling ponzi schemes have thrived gloriously in the country. Some people prefer to risk their money for a higher out-of-reality yield rate than these silly bank rates.

It is well

Nigerian banks ehhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by OYIBN: 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
treasury bills? I've had some money in fixed deposit giving me good returns, but this recession spoilt it. Pls can you just explain more about TB's. My money can be idle for as long as 2years. Thanks.

Go to your bank. Everything will be explained to you. Rate very good. About 14.5% interest. However some banks demand savings of N1m minimum. Find out the minimum amount you can invest from your bank.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Gentlebabs(m): 2:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
As a Financial Advsior, I can assure you of 8% from an insurance company in Nigeria with #1,000 Insurance Cover. I have sold many of these and there are no hidden deductions as is usually insinuated. Call me if you are interested. 08178827380.

Google "Babatunde Raimi" if you wish to run a background check on me.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by bizhop01: 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
savings interest rate?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by AreaFada2: 2:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

This explanation is so detailed, thanks. But mehn, these banks are terrible o; 4.2% per annum! It will favour me to put the money under my bed or dig a hole in the ground.
grin cheesy

Rats & termites might help you keep them "safer" from there. grin

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
OYIBN:

Go to your bank. Everything will be explained to you. Rate very good. About 14.5% interest. However some banks demand savings of N1m minimum. Find out the minimum amount you can invest from your bank.
wow. 14.5? thats v.good. I'll find out.Thanks.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Wuminity(f): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
Plus234:

can you tell me more about it, assuming i put 100k, how much will be the interest after 30days ?
Though i dont really know how to calculate it but i started with #20,000 and i got #60 at the end of the first month, it increased in the following month, consequtively but i couldnt remember how much the next one was, and i tried to check my mail for the details but have deleted the details permanently from my trash.
But i could remember that i once got #100 and a little above it, since i did not touch the money for like five months.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by jbcul4ril(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
MMM grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Plus234(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wuminity:

Though i dont really know how to calculate it but i started with #20,000 and i got #60 at the end of the first month, it increased in the following month, consequtively but i couldnt remember how much the next one was, and i tried to check my mail for the details but have deleted the details permanently from my trash.
But i could remember that i once got #100 and a little above it, since i did not touch the money for like five months.

that is too poor, N60 and N100 for 20k
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by hardewaley04(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Need paypal funds? Call/Whatsapp 08160031908
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:
What bank has the best savings interest rate and what is the rate?

CC

Adesiji77
na MMM nah
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by benileo: 2:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
If you want a good rate in Nigeria, go to the MFB's, I will recommend Fortis MFB Plc.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Wuminity(f): 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
Plus234:

that is too poor, N60 and N100 for 20k
To me, i think its ok,
But if you think its poor, then how much do you get on #20,000 in your present bank maybe i can shift to it, besides which bank do you use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Plus234(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wuminity:

To me, i think its ok,
But if you think its poor, then how much do you get on #20,000 in your present bank maybe i can shift to it, besides which bank do you use.

well i dont have naija bank account yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth / Sport Betting Project.. Turn 1000 To Over 1 Million Naira In 40 Days / Opening A Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.