Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Unanswered Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unanswered Prayer (760 Views)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayer / I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
UNANSWERED PRAYER
Have you ever fasted and prayed, and you do not receiving answers to your prayer, have you ever asked yourself if the promise of God to answer us whenever we pray in the name of Jesus is true. I mean you are just telling yourself that you just did and nothing came out it. Maybe you blame and say to yourself “is because my faith is not strong enough”. Or you have fasted for 40 days and 40 night and all you get going for you is that you believe that God have answered you, even when you are not seeing any tangible result. Yes it had happened to me a lot; I was once in the same boat with you.
I Remembered in 1999 in Aba when I was younger and I was burning in zeal for the Lord in different level, I will go to evangelism, preach in my compound and held vigil and everyone in our yard will attend even the Landlady and including my mother and everyone in our family.
I will preach about the healing power of God and all the wonderful things he is capable of doing. And there was a man that was suffering from stroke; he attends a church that is behind our street. He was always the first to come to Church; it takes him like 30minutes for a journey of 5minutes, he drags one of his legs on the ground in a very slow way because of his stroke and still he doesn’t miss any church programs. I was moved with compassion, and I started preparing myself for the day I will pray for him to be healed. On one faithful day I felt I’m ready to pray for him and God will answer; my faith was high and I believed in my heart there’s nothing that will stop God from answering that prayer. As he was coming to Church that day I blocked him on the street and told him that I want to pray for him to get well. And he said ok no problem and I started praying and commanding that he will be healed but nothing happened. I prayed until the man started consoling me, tears filled my eye I was crying that God didn’t answer me, I was embarrassed, I was disappointed and the man started begging me not to worry that God will answer me one day, that I shouldn’t be discouraged. I went home lost, and it took me many weeks to get myself back.
So last November 2016 when I got to Lagos and saw my friends mother who was suffering from the same stroke for many years, and God told me to pray for her to be healed, I pretended I didn’t hear Him. I never knew that the ghost of 1999 unanswered prayer was still hunting me. When I finally prayed for her last 2 Sundays (14 January) and God healed her. I realized there’s time for everything and the Holy Spirit choses to do what he wants to do at the time he wants to do it. I believe the Holy Spirit understood my phobia that November. Had God answered me then I might have lost it by now, God is perfect giver of gift, he knows when what we are asking for will serve us well. Have God promised you anything? Spend more time in preparing yourself once you are ready the answer come easy, and pray that God should prepare you himself.
Our own is to pray and is left for the God to answer, right now we should pray with expectation, our focus should be on the obedience of the word of God to pray for those who are sick in the name Jesus and as it applies to our lives. Paul told us in the book of 1 Corinthians 12:9, that there’s gift of faith and that of healing, for quick answers to your prayers I believe we should spend much time praying to get these gifts of God. Paul advised us chapter 14:1b to desire spiritual gifts, he didn’t just say focus in one, but he asked us to desire many.
Brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers God is ready to give us more, all we need is to come out of our comfort zone and desire more from him. Our father in heaven is ready to give us more, only if only we can search with all our hearts.
May God bless and prosper you in Jesus name, and may we be filled with the knowledge of he who had called us. MEN AFTER GOD’S HEART
Prayer line 08086423186
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2017
Jesus is life
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
Jesus so much loves you
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
Earthkumy:
UNANSWERED PRAYER
Have you ever fasted and prayed, and you do not receiving answers to your prayer, have you ever asked yourself if the promise of God to answer us whenever we pray in the name of Jesus is true. I mean you are just telling yourself that you just did and nothing came out it. Maybe you blame and say to yourself “is because my faith is not strong enough”. Or you have fasted for 40 days and 40 night and all you get going for you is that you believe that God have answered you, even when you are not seeing any tangible result. Yes it had happened to me a lot; I was once in the same boat with you.
I Remembered in 1999 in Aba when I was younger and I was burning in zeal for the Lord in different level, I will go to evangelism, preach in my compound and held vigil and everyone in our yard will attend even the Landlady and including my mother and everyone in our family.
I will preach about the healing power of God and all the wonderful things he is capable of doing. And there was a man that was suffering from stroke; he attends a church that is behind our street. He was always the first to come to Church; it takes him like 30minutes for a journey of 5minutes, he drags one of his legs on the ground in a very slow way because of his stroke and still he doesn’t miss any church programs. I was moved with compassion, and I started preparing myself for the day I will pray for him to be healed. On one faithful day I felt I’m ready to pray for him and God will answer; my faith was high and I believed in my heart there’s nothing that will stop God from answering that prayer. As he was coming to Church that day I blocked him on the street and told him that I want to pray for him to get well. And he said ok no problem and I started praying and commanding that he will be healed but nothing happened. I prayed until the man started consoling me, tears filled my eye I was crying that God didn’t answer me, I was embarrassed, I was disappointed and the man started begging me not to worry that God will answer me one day, that I shouldn’t be discouraged. I went home lost, and it took me many weeks to get myself back.
So last November 2016 when I got to Lagos and saw my friends mother who was suffering from the same stroke for many years, and God told me to pray for her to be healed, I pretended I didn’t hear Him. I never knew that the ghost of 1999 unanswered prayer was still hunting me. When I finally prayed for her last 2 Sundays (14 January) and God healed her. I realized there’s time for everything and the Holy Spirit choses to do what he wants to do at the time he wants to do it. I believe the Holy Spirit understood my phobia that November. Had God answered me then I might have lost it by now, God is perfect giver of gift, he knows when what we are asking for will serve us well. Have God promised you anything? Spend more time in preparing yourself once you are ready the answer come easy, and pray that God should prepare you himself.
Our own is to pray and is left for the God to answer, right now we should pray with expectation, our focus should be on the obedience of the word of God to pray for those who are sick in the name Jesus and as it applies to our lives. Paul told us in the book of 1 Corinthians 12:9, that there’s gift of faith and that of healing, for quick answers to your prayers I believe we should spend much time praying to get these gifts of God. Paul advised us chapter 14:1b to desire spiritual gifts, he didn’t just say focus in one, but he asked us to desire many.
Brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers God is ready to give us more, all we need is to come out of our comfort zone and desire more from him. Our father in heaven is ready to give us more, only if only we can search with all our hearts.
May God bless and prosper you in Jesus name, and may we be filled with the knowledge of he who had called us. MEN AFTER GOD’S HEART
Prayer line 08086423186
pls pm me. We need to talk.
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Revelation1:
pls pm me. We need to talk.
please call the number on the massage sir. thanks
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
Earthkumy:
I will call you tomorrow. Thank you sir.
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
Earthkumy:
can we chat on email right now? Pls pm me.
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Revelation1:
ok
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2017
Revelation1:
I have sent you a massage
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 7:56am On Jan 30, 2017
Re: Unanswered Prayer by Earthkumy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (34): Esau's Blessing / I Am God’s Special Adviser, The World Will End In ….. – Prophet Reveals / Prophetic Focus For July 2017 "Bishop David O Oyedepo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.