Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank (1945 Views)

Nysc Corpers Protest against Unsolicited Debits by Access Bank (photos) / Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement / What's Delaying Corpers Allawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank by respect80(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
OPEN LETTER TO NYSC, ACCESS BANK AND CONCERNED CITIZENS.

From an Aggrieved NYSC Corps Member,

I am a Batch B, Stream 1 NYSC Corps member currently serving in Ilorin, Kwara State. I wish to write of the exploitation, shady deals and inconvenience NYSC Kwara and Access Bank are putting us through.

During registration in Camp-Yikpata, we were told to compulsorily open a new account with Access Bank (the only bank that came to camp). And just like everybody else I did, despite informing the Access Bank staffs that I was operating an Access Bank account already. (I would leave the bad attitude, gum-chewing and gossip engrossed response of the staff for another day).

Some days to the camp, we saw alerts for our 'allowee' - 19,800 naira. Only to realise later that 1,300naira was deducted for ATM Card without an alert from them. This was the first sign of exploitation and fraudulence. Why?
- an ATM Card is charged for 1000 naira, Where did the additional 300 naira come from? Whose pocket did it go?
- why were we not duly alerted of the deduction?

So, camp closed and we all went back to our homes to prepare for proper PPA resumption. Only for some of us to receive SMS that transactions on our accounts have been stopped due to BVN and signature related issues. The inconveniences this caused left many of my mates stranded. All due to negligence of Access Bank staffs.

Furthermore, within the last 10 days, we have been bombarded with different types of charges, draining an already insufficient 19800 naira.
- Card maintenance fee: 1100 naira
- Monthly Admin processing fee: 105 naira
Postage stamp and others sef join.
Kilode?
Wetin dem dey maintain? After deducting 1300 naira?

State no pay, PPA no pay.....still on top 19800 we go chop, pay rent, transport, buy data, keep body together.
Allowee don finish before e enter sef.

Now the 19800 is being threatened by familiar foes.

As Corps Members, we expect the NYSC to push for discounted initiatives for us, not cut-throat instances we have now.

We appeal to NYSC and Access Bank management to free us from these shackles.

Our vow is in sun and rain.
Not in exploitation and corruption.

An Aggrieved NYSC Corps Member

1 Like

Re: Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank by delishpot: 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
If fed govt can allow it's agency charge job seekers money before they process them for placement in fed govt institutions, why won't the govt sit by and watch banks suck you guys dry?
Re: Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank by respect80(m): 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
delishpot:
If fed govt can allow it's agency charge job seekers money before they process them for placement in fed govt institutions, why won't the govt sit by and watch banks suck you guys dry?

Well let's see how the famous propaganda of "we will fight corruption to the end" will be displayed this time around.

To call the access bank management thieves is an understatement so I don't think I need to.
Re: Corpers Allawee Under Threat By Access Bank by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2017
They later sent me this message.

....Dear Customer, please ignore the SMS sent to you this morning on card issuance and annual maintenance fees. Error regretted.

But I'm suspecting they will still deduct at the end of the months. That's what they are good at.

(1) (Reply)

A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' / Batch B Stream II Going To Yobe State / Notification To Prospective Corps Members 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.