Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa (43299 Views)

Malawian Prostitute Disgraces Man Publicly For Refusing To Pay After Sex. Photo / Man Asks Lady To Return Iphone He Bought For Refusing To Date Him After 2 Months / Controversial New S*x Position Men Are Refusing To Try Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by CaroLyner(f): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
Benoxvals:

We have abandoned our ethics and traditions.
We are colonized by the Brits but we are living American lifestyle.
Our mindset are all westerners now and we are not even close to emulating them.
Really?

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by MOSTEC(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
Alagbado nko ?
Udochee:
can't help but laff...some of us that are living in mowe-ofada and claiming lasgidi nko...
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by MOSTEC(m): 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hey,do u knw amje,ajegunle,mosholashe,kola,caaso,salolo,meiran,ijaye,ajala,abule-egba are part of lagos. Lagos officially ends at toll-gate.
enniewest:
But seriously that Ikorodu is just too far ,even people living around odonguyan and laspotech side will be claiming Lagos.Lagos ko Lagos ni

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by tens4real(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
enniewest:
But seriously that Ikorodu is just too far ,even people living around odonguyan and laspotech side will be claiming Lagos.Lagos ko Lagos ni
Where do. You live?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by oyetpel(m): 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wow cute story. I loved it, so fast paced, i couldn't stop.
More grease to your joints.

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by yedidiah(m): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
Do we classify those folks that live in those shacks close to Elegushi as island babes and dudes too

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by zicoraads: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
How are you people grin
I think it's two different worlds. I visited Lagos for the very first time this weekend. I lodged in Ikoyi and throughout the days I stayed, my friend didn't even have time to see me. According to her, she couldn't make the trip as it was too far. Hers was just to hop in the car and whenever she was ready to go, hop in and the driver would take her back. But the distance didn't allow for us to see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Swissheart(f): 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
Laughing Out Loud........ I live and work in Epe, Bro was staying at Surulere. We kept wasting our Saturdays on the road every weekend. Once, I visited on environmental sanitation day,got to CMS around past 3.....see me see stress. I sha enter surulere around past 4 after waiting till eternity at apongbon. When I got to his place,I spent 30mins......(we couldn't try do erm erm )off to my Epe. I changed mind to return enroute ojota Ketu ikorodu......talk ikorodu,talk 1st class traffic. I entered my Epe by past 11 after drawing a circle on the soil of Lagos that weekend.
Twas that day, I started considering Saka who stays next street to mine
I cannon come and go and die

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by swagkingcole(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wetin concern you?
:-/
enniewest:
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by oglalasioux(m): 9:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wow!

Nice write up. Very nice and creative.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
By the way, how do you guys even cope in that Lagos. Relationship go expensive to maintain die!
As a typical Aba girl, I found everything expensive. After seeing a movie, paid for by my friend's guy, I felt guilty the whole week. I couldn't sleep, my heart was heavy. I was pitying the young man o...I come dey ask my friend if she doesn't have fear of God. She chop pizza join.
Chai! Just to see a movie, 1hr 15mins plus chops...almost 15k.
For what!!!

I started calculating all the things that money can buy. cry
I no gree go again.
Anything we buy, I will be like "if it's in Aba, if I buy this thing pass N200_ just know say I be mumu".

They actually had a good laugh from my 'local displays'. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
Quite humorous.
Don't worry it's only a matter of time before things change as sea levels continue to rise.
All those island boys will come begging mainland girls for squatting spaces.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
I wonder why this thread Go reach front page
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Bioboy1213(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
CaroLyner:
Moral of the story?
either island or mainland, we are all on lagos land/soil.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by thaoriginator: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I am not sorry I don’t live on the Island. And I don’t live on the mainland either. I live around the ‘extra lands’ off the mainland and when I tell people my location, toasters to be specific, they be like, “Too bad!”
As if Ambode is not the governor in my area.

Boys are willing to do London/Lagos long distance relationships but cannot do common Ikorodu/Ikoyi relationships.
No boy even wants to do Uber for you from your location to a first date meeting on the Island because the cost of a trip is God is Good Motors rate from Lagos to Abia.
You mention where you are living to a prospective toaster and the next thing he says is, “The last time I visited there was 2002.”
Oga who asked you?

A ‘toaster’ would mention an event/party that took place on the island and when you express your disappointment on why you were not invited, he’ll say, “But you are in town now.”
Excuse me?

The worst of them are the ones that offer free lifts. You’d be minding your business at a bus stop on the Island, patiently waiting for an Oshodi bound vehicle so you can take a BRT from Oshodi to Agbado Ijaiye and later the 20 minutes okada ride from the bus stop at Agbado Ijaiye to your own Lagos when a guy in a camry would pull up and say, “Can I give you a ride home?”
OGA DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY HOUSE IS?

Sometimes I mention where I am headed and the manner they zoom off is disrespectful.
The time I was stupid enough to accept to be dropped along the way, I regretted. For some of the spoilt Island boys, along the way means the second curve along third mainland bridge or sometimes an unnamed location where you’d wait for a vehicle for one hour and have no choice but to start returning to the bus stop because your routes have been messed up.

Even people living in lbeju Lekki and Ajah outskirts are joining to discriminate mainland people with talks of, “The only thing that takes me to the mainland is the airport”
Ko serious.
At least I don’t have to cross the Atlantic Ocean, queue at four toll gates and pass eight roundabouts before I get home.

You know the most annoying part? The husband materials in these bush areas have refused to date their own. All their girlfriends are based on the Island. Issokay.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/apparently-single-dont-live-island/
grin oh gyal yuh a bad...

Na so me tek one gyal fi a lift from Alapere to Oshodi the other day only for her to tell me she came to see someone all the way from Osun state..

"Blooooooodclaaaat! " a so me say inna me mind and gwan...

Me still av di gyal number pon mi phone an a vex me vex any time weh me member di distance
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Udochee(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
MOSTEC:
Alagbado nko ?
boss i weak. chayiii
Sleezwizz:
Haaaaa, o to laye yin.. Na different world Una dey, no be lagos
lolz...ekogun là wà ooo. eko + ogun noni
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by BCISLTD: 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
How are you people grin

Proudly mainland boy
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by mavelos1o(m): 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
chyima:

Traffic is the main issues,with Lagos.same Lagos left island by 8 got home by 11pm

That is small. Festac to Agbara, i spent 7hrs. 3hrs at Festac Gate. Last last i took bike grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by alex81(m): 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
Swissheart:
Laughing Out Loud........ I live and work in Epe, Bro was staying at Surulere. We kept wasting our Saturdays on the road every weekend. Once, I visited on environmental sanitation day,got to CMS around past 3.....see me see stress. I sha enter surulere around past 4 after waiting till eternity at apongbon. When I got to his place,I spent 30mins......( we couldn't try do erm erm )off to my Epe. I changed mind to return enroute ojota Ketu ikorodu......talk ikorodu,talk 1st class traffic. I entered my Epe by past 11 after drawing a circle on the soil of Lagos that weekend.

do wat ooo grin
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by BCISLTD: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
PaperLace:
By the way, how do you guys even cope in that Lagos. Relationship go expensive to maintain die!
As a typical Aba girl, I found everything expensive. After seeing a movie, paid for by my friend's guy, I felt guilty the whole week. I couldn't sleep, my heart was heavy. I was pitying the young man o...I come dey ask my friend if she doesn't have fear of God. She chop pizza join.
Chai! Just to see a movie, 1hr 15mins plus chops...almost 15k.
For what!!!

I started calculating all the things that money can buy. cry
I no gree go again.
Anything we buy, I will be like "if it's in Aba, if I buy this thing pass N200_ just know say I be mumu".

They actually had a good laugh from my 'local displays'. grin

Babe ...15k is daily hangout money here at GRA..cat fish alone is 3500
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nowenuse: 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
hedonistic:
That's why I like Abuja.... Where the concept of 'one town' holds sway. There's not much of a hassle going to and fro between, say, Garki, Maitama and Wuse 2 - or anywhere between Utako, Jabi, Wuye, Jahi, and the other 'new town' in-between's. No where far for Abuja.

Unless you're talking about the so-called satellite towns, that's a different matter.

But Nigerians too like fakery and fuckery sha. Too much pretentiousness and pseudo class distinctions.

Abuja is still expanding, very soon it may be worse than Lagos.
Ppl in Abuja satelite towns (even in Nasarawa and Niger state) also claim Abuja too afterall.
Abuja has a better road network though, which will still make it somehow better than Lag.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by sparkleRed(f): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
enniewest:

I will slap u now oo angry
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Sleezwizz: 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
Udochee:

boss i weak. chayiii

lolz...ekogun là wà ooo. eko + ogun noni

Lolzzz grin cheesy cheesy ekogun indeed
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by ChiefSweetus: 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
NGS!!! grin grin grin

This article has made an old man happy. grin
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by olamakinde(m): 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
LegalBaby:
What kind of dance is that on your DP grin
Bubu dance
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
CaroLyner:
Moral of the story?
Long distance, bad traffic, poor transport facilities and infrastructure is slowly, but relentlessly killing budding relationships, between members of the opposite sex, who live at opposite ends of Lagos (i.e. Lagos Island, Lagos mainland and the suburbs). QED. undecided

Swissheart:
Laughing Out Loud........ I live and work in Epe, Bro was staying at Surulere. We kept wasting our Saturdays on the road every weekend. Once, I visited on environmental sanitation day,got to CMS around past 3.....see me see stress. I sha enter surulere around past 4 after waiting till eternity at apongbon. When I got to his place,I spent 30mins......(we couldn't try do erm erm )off to my Epe. I changed mind to return enroute ojota Ketu ikorodu......talk ikorodu,talk 1st class traffic. I entered my Epe by past 11 after drawing a circle on the soil of Lagos that weekend.
Baa-aa-ad girl!! cheesy grin cheesy Did you tell Saka that the only reason you reconsidered his application, was due to proximity (i.e. the fact that he lived on the next street)?

yedidiah:
Do we classify those folks that live in those shacks close to Elegushi as island babes and dudes too
Na squatters dem be - no permanent abode. wink Those shacks can be levelled in a twinkle of an eye, any day Ambode's boys decide to pay them a visit.

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by odehaj: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
Nice Piece
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by mytym(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:
I am not sorry I don’t live on the Island. And I don’t live on the mainland either. I live around the ‘extra lands’ off the mainland and when I tell people my location, toasters to be specific, they be like, “Too bad!”

Boys are willing to do London/Lagos long distance relationships but cannot do common Ikorodu/Ikoyi relationships.
No boy even wants to do Uber for you from your location to a first date meeting on the Island because the cost of a trip is God is Good Motors rate from Lagos to Abia.
You mention where you are living to a prospective toaster and the next thing he says is, “The last time I visited there was 2002.”
Oga who asked you?

A ‘toaster’ would mention an event/party that took place on the island and when you express your disappointment on why you were not invited, he’ll say, “But you are in town now.”
Excuse me?

The worst of them are the ones that offer free lifts. You’d be minding your business at a bus stop on the Island, patiently waiting for an Oshodi bound vehicle so you can take a BRT from Oshodi to Agbado Ijaiye and later the 20 minutes okada ride from the bus stop at Agbado Ijaiye to your own Lagos when a guy in a camry would pull up and say, “Can I give you a ride home?”

Sometimes I mention where I am headed and the manner they zoom off is disrespectful.
The time I was stupid enough to accept to be dropped along the way, I regretted. For some of the spoilt Island boys, along the way means the second curve along third mainland bridge or sometimes an unnamed location where you’d wait for a vehicle for one hour and have no choice but to start returning to the bus stop because your routes have been messed up.

Even people living in lbeju Lekki and Ajah outskirts are joining to discriminate mainland people with talks of, “The only thing that takes me to the mainland is the airport”
Ko serious.
At least I don’t have to cross the Atlantic Ocean, queue at four toll gates and pass eight roundabouts before I get home.

You know the most annoying part? The husband materials in these bush areas have refused to date their own. All their girlfriends are based on the Island. Issokay.

This I like.

A balanced mix of Sophistication, Humor, a diminished naïvette and dare...

An adventurous homegirl. #WifeMaterial

Keep writing!

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
mavelos1o:
That is small. Festac to Agbara, i spent 7hrs. 3hrs at Festac Gate. Last last i took bike grin grin grin

Ah, you just reminded me of how my neighbour's last relationship ended. sad The guy lived in Ikota area of Lekki, while the babe he was toasting lived at Igando. The babe was a part-time Ph.d student at LASU who was also working at one of the airlines in Ikeja. Fine, tall, spotless combination of brains and beauty. cheesy After 3 weeks of toasting, he had to reassess his options.

The distance and traffic killed their budding romance, as he used to spend 4 to 5 hours from Orile to LASU gate, each time he had to go and see the babe. The stress he encountered during the hold up on that stretch, plus the fact that he was nearly robbed at Mile 2 on different occasions, rebooted his mind. He settled for another less beautiful and less educated chic, at Ajah. undecided

Only God knows where that pretty 1st girl is, now. Man proposes, but traffic disposes.... sad

7 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by vislabraye(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
Naijasinglegirl:

Oga who asked you?

Excuse me?

Ko serious.

Your story is hilarious. On the other hand, my experience is slightly different.
I grew up in Island and spent most part of my life there. When I tell people where I live the 1st thing they say is aje bo. And they say it in such a derogatory way. Now it doesn't bother me cos I know it's beef. (This happens amongst guys though).
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by ruggedtimi(m): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
thats why i like yenagoa bayelsa state, u fit trek self go see the babe as far as she is around yenagoa

3 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by vislabraye(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
laudate:

Ah, you just reminded me of how my neighbour's last relationship ended. sad The guy lived in Ikota area of Lekki, while the babe he was toasting lived at Igando. The babe was a part-time Ph.d student at LASU who was also working at one of the airlines in Ikeja. Fine, tall, spotless combination of brains and beauty. cheesy After 3 weeks of toasting, he had to reassess his options.

The distance and traffic killed their budding romance, as he used to spend 4 to 5 hours from Orile to LASU gate, each time he had to go and see the babe. The stress he encountered during the hold up on that stretch, plus the fact that he was nearly robbed at Mile 2 on different occasions, rebooted his mind. He settled for another less beautiful and less educated chic, at Ajah. undecided

Only God knows where that pretty 1st girl is, now. Man proposes, but traffic disposes.... sad

Doesn't she also visit him? It seemed as if its only the guy doing the loving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Dreams Of Most Girls Photo / Groom Criticized For Allowing Pregnant Bride To Kneel To Feed Him At Wedding / Five Things You Must Deal With Thoroughly Before You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.