Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa (43298 Views)

Malawian Prostitute Disgraces Man Publicly For Refusing To Pay After Sex. Photo / Man Asks Lady To Return Iphone He Bought For Refusing To Date Him After 2 Months / Controversial New S*x Position Men Are Refusing To Try Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Before you get to Iyana oworo nko
ednut1:
Linus, iyana oworo to lekki /ajah is just 200 naira. grin e no stop any parols
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by uzoexcel(m): 9:14am On Feb 03, 2017
lol
MaziOmenuko:

Me self come dey wonder! Any babe wey say she dey stay ikoyi, me self dey respect myself face front.

Lagos stress doesn't allow for long distance relationship. Y
ou may want to hang out after work to see movies or do mini-clubbing after work, how u wan take manage dat wan when she's leaving in another part of civilisation?

PMS don't say weekends.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Revolva(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2017
what is dis ........make una se there de segregate una self nonsense balderdash
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Danfuster(m): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
Swissheart:

Baa-aa-ad girl!! cheesy grin cheesy Did you tell Saka that the only reason you reconsidered his application, was due to proximity (i.e. the fact that he lived on the next street)?

Tell him ke.... No ,I didn't o

Babe...you try o.

By the way... Do you workout?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Swissheart(f): 10:43am On Feb 03, 2017
Danfuster:

Babe...you try o.

By the way... Do you workout?
yes I do,anything?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by gabi87(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2017
LegalBaby:
What kind of dance is that on your DP grin

Abeg help me ask am ooo...
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Danfuster(m): 11:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Swissheart:
yes I do,anything?

Bingo! Maybe we could share some workout session, could use some motivation getting ripped, just as you're killing those C = π.d. Can only imagine the C= π.d below your torso smiley
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by enniewest(f): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2017
tens4real:
oniru estate... You?
OGUDU
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrval20:
grin grin Truth is, I don't see anyone living beyond Ajah roundabout as part of the Island Crew; myself inclusive tongue

*I bet you understand what I mean by the "Island Crew" though "

I don't get it, o! Are you saying areas like Sangotedo, Abijo, Awoyaya, Lakowe, Ibeju-Lekki are now part of the mainland?? shocked
And what exactly do you mean by the 'Island Crew?'
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by coolestchris2: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
enniewest:
OGUDU
make we see.I deh magodo
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Lobolintin(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hahahahhahaa

Even me...works and stays on the island... But has my main bade on the mainland.. And return every week ends...tell a babe u stay on the mainland and u hear... Damn too for my for me... Don't wana travel to mainaldn... Damn travel ?
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
PaperLace:
By the way, how do you guys even cope in that Lagos. Relationship go expensive to maintain die!
As a typical Aba girl, I found everything expensive. After seeing a movie, paid for by my friend's guy, I felt guilty the whole week. I couldn't sleep, my heart was heavy. I was pitying the young man o...I come dey ask my friend if she doesn't have fear of God. She chop pizza join.
Chai! Just to see a movie, 1hr 15mins plus chops...almost 15k.
For what!!!

I started calculating all the things that money can buy. cry
I no gree go again.
Anything we buy, I will be like "if it's in Aba, if I buy this thing pass N200_ just know say I be mumu".

They actually had a good laugh from my 'local displays'. grin

N15k for all that was expensinve back then. Not sure about now, if u control for inflation
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Icon79(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

Which women boku for Ikoyi? Are you talking about the unserious, aje-butter twenty-something year olds with their unrealistic minds stuck in the clouds, who think the world owes them a living, because of their father's influence & money? sad Or the hard-edged, hustling b'itchy senior girls in their 30s & 40s with fake, pretentious airs that believe in "no romance, without finance?" Which babes exactly are you talking about?? shocked

Haha!! Bruh, abeg, the last time I was there, women full everywhere for Ikoyi and VI o. In fact, they even got a holy man like myself to be a little tempted. That's how I knew say this one don pass joke grin

O pari

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Mrval20(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
laudate:

I don't get it, o! Are you saying areas like Sangotedo, Abijo, Awoyaya, Lakowe, Ibeju-Lekki are now part of the mainland?? shocked
And what exactly do you mean by the 'Island Crew?'
They're part of the Island but I find it funny when guys living around Epe brags to Mainlanders about being an Island boy... that is, forming the Island class and all. You might not understand anyway cheesy
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by IsheriNorthGRA: 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
eghuan1:

Correct me if am wrong o, is Isheri North not in Ogun state? Is that not around Channels TV station is?

Nope. For you to know about Channels TV, you should understand that Channels is in Lagos.

Isheri North comprises of Lagos and Ogun. Most people think Lagos ends at Ojodu-Berger which is not correct. Map is what is looked upon.

Driving into Channels TV, it divides Lagos and Ogun. The Left is Ogun and the Right side is Lagos througout the Channels TV/Morohunfola Avenue.

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by IsheriNorthGRA: 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
aamstih:
Thanks for your prompt reply.

how much would a bedroom flat cost?

Whats the transport fare from there to Allen?

A bedroom flat will cost you at least, 400k. The transport fare to Allen should be around 200-300 naira.

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by dawtune(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
Acidosis:
Those discriminating obviously have not been to many places in Nigeria. The entire route from Berger stretched to Lekki is less than an hour (without the heavy traffic and delays).

Same with Ikorodu, I've always thought Ikorodu is one far place until the day I found myself there. The way people talk about that route seemed like it will take forever or at least 4 hours to get there. Alas, I spent just an hour and few minutes all the way from Ojodu Berger.

We always love to exaggerate things here. Those who discriminate of course are plainly being stu.pid, I really do not see any reason why a normal human being will discriminate/segregate two distinct places separated by a bridge. Isn't that cra.zy?

You have sense bro
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
Icon79:
Haha!! Bruh, abeg, the last time I was there, women full everywhere for Ikoyi and VI o. In fact, they even got a holy man like myself to be a little tempted. That's how I knew say this one don pass joke grin
O pari

What kind of women, biko? Please tell us the type of women you saw. Are you sure the women you saw in Ikoyi, were actually residing in Ikoyi, or were they just there to transact business?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mrval20:
They're part of the Island but I find it funny when guys living around Epe brags to Mainlanders about being an Island boy... that is, forming the Island class and all. You might not understand anyway cheesy

Bros, I grew up on the Island - V/I to be precise. You see, na dat so-called 'class' thing, una dey take deceive unaself for Ikoyi, VI & Lekki side. Don't let me break it down for you. There are too many people living fake lifestyles on the Island.

2 Likes

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Mrval20(m): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
laudate:

Bros, I grew up on the Island - V/I to be precise. You see, na dat so-called 'class' thing, una dey take deceive unaself for Ikoyi, VI & Lekki side. Don't let me break it down for you. There are too many people living fake lifestyles on the Island.
Exactly my point sir
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by swagkingcole(m): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
enniewest:
You nko? undecided

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 8:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
It appears that most of the guys responding to the OP on this thread, live on the Island while a large number of the babes live on the mainland. Abi na my eye? shocked sad

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Icon79(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
laudate:

What kind of women, biko? Please tell us the type of women you saw. Are you sure the women you saw in Ikoyi, were actually residing in Ikoyi, or were they just there to transact business?? undecided

Haha!! Oga, how I go take know? You think say I go check 'em out? grin

O pari
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Cihegie(m): 7:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=vislabraye post=53365887]

hello guys my name is Curtis ihegie... i am about to lunch my company call OMOZI. OMOZI is an online ride sharing app that connect people with drivers at a very cheap price. i am going to lunch it in lagos, edo and abuja. my app is completely different the cool thin about my app is that anytime you use it, you instantly get 0.06 percent off when you are done with ur ride and u also get some point using it. i dont know if u guys will like the idea..it offer what uber is offering in nigeria but at a cheaper rate. my email is curtisihegie13@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by sisisioge: 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin

You are so correct! Imagine the Island peeps discriminating against we Mainland folks that live on the foot of the bridge- Gbagada! They complain that the connecting bridge is too long! Chai! Although, I sort of understand their complaint about the Ikorodu folks, even we on the mainland consider you untouchable tongue

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by laudate: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin ;DYou are so correct! Imagine the Island peeps discriminating against we Mainland folks that live on the foot of the bridge- Gbagada! They complain that the connecting bridge is too long! Chai! Although, I sort of understand their complaint about the Ikorodu folks, even we on the mainland consider you untouchable tongue

I don talk am before say, many of the guys on this thread are just forming. wink They are pretending to live on the Island, and posing as if mainland is too far.

Ok, when I am coming back from mainland to the Island in the evenings, who are all those guys I see on the other side driving their cars bumper-to-bumper inside traffic on 3rd Mainland bridge, heading away from the island towards the mainland, in a bid to drive through Oworonsoki axis down past Gbagada, on their journey home? Are they aliens? cheesy
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by sisisioge: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
laudate:

I don talk am before say, many of the guys on this thread are just forming. wink They are pretending to live on the Island, and posing as if mainland is too far.

Ok, when I am coming back from mainland to the Island in the evenings, who are all those guys I see on the other side driving their cars bumper-to-bumper inside traffic on 3rd Mainland bridge, heading away from the island towards the mainland, in a bid to drive through Oworonsoki axis down past Gbagada, on their journey home? Are they aliens? cheesy

In other words, you legitimately live on the island grin

1 Like

Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
The problem I have with peeps on the mainland is that u r seen as a bag of money, so whenever u go broke, u r on ur own.

Mainland still get level sha, places like Ikeja gra go match swagger with peeps wey dey stay ikoyi/lekki.
Re: Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa by patosky3310(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Udochee:
can't help but laff...some of us that are living in mowe-ofada and claiming lasgidi nko...

What of Epe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Dreams Of Most Girls Photo / Groom Criticized For Allowing Pregnant Bride To Kneel To Feed Him At Wedding / Five Things You Must Deal With Thoroughly Before You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.