Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Diary Of Olajumoke Davies - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of Olajumoke Davies (15138 Views)

Davies Iyiegbu's Book “Foreignpreneur” Ranked High In Just 48 Hours On Amazon / Davies Iyiegbu Releases His Book “Foreignpreneur” (Review) / Remi Ireti Davies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
My name is Mobolaji Olanrewaju. I am the author of http://www.mobolajiolanrewaju., a blog through which i reach out to my readers. I love reading and writing.
I am a graduate and while in school, i received an award for best writer of the year.I also write for local Newspaper during my service year for the women's World and "Diary of a single,fun-loving Lady".

My industry experience include Consulting in Travel-related issues,booking and reservation of flight and hotels and Tours.

I am a graduate of biochemistry ,i have MBA in Human Resource and currently doing my certification in CIPM (Chartered Institute of personnel management).

I just started my write up on "DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES"

THE BOOT!
It was a Friday once again and my best day out of the whole week but this particular Friday was very special. I have this dream look on my face throughout the week and have trouble concentrating on my work. It got so bad that my best friend and colleague, Ruth actually noticed the look and dragged me to the office restroom during our lunch break.

“Whatzup with you, jummy? You have been behaving like a newly –wedded bride since the beginning of the week.”Ruth demanded with her hand on her hips. Ruth was a delta girl that was born and bred in the north and came to Lagos after her service year in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was a short, plumpy girl in her early thirties with an open and straightforward nature that attracted me to her the very first time I met her which was two months after I joined my company. “Tunde invited me to spend this coming weekend with him.”I confided in a loud stage whisper with a big smile on my face and watched her pretty face clouded in confusion. Tunde was my two-year old boyfriend who worked in the bank on the island and almost everybody in the company knew about our relationship. “What is the big deal about that? Is it the first time you are spending the weekend at his place?”She asked in sacasm, almost glaring at me. “Oh! You don’t understand? I think he is going to pop the big question. I’m so happy. He has been kind of mysterious in the past few weeks and has been surprising me in little million ways. Don’t you get it?”I took her hand eagerly and shook it with impatience. “Be real, jummy. You can’t be so sure of men. “she began in that sermon-voice of hers that always got on my nerves because she was always almost right but the ringing of my phone cut her off and I glanced down to see Tunde’s face flashing at me before Beyounce’s “single lady” filled the restroom. “I flashed her a triumphant smile before turning to answer my call and she waited for the ten minutes it took me to talk to my boyfriend. “He is taking me out for lunch today. Can you beat that? it is so unusual of him.”I laughed out loud in excitement and practically jumped up in joy. Ruth rolled her eyes in exasperation and opened her mouth to start talking but the door to the restroom opened and my immediate manager came in. “Hi Christy.”I nodded to her and slipped out of the room, closely followed by Ruth.

I freshened up during my lunch break and slipped out of office to meet Tunde downstairs where he was waiting for me in his company’s car. “You are always looking good.”He said with open appreciation as I approached him and greeted me with a quick kiss on the lips. I knew I looked great and sporty in a pair of sky-blue jeans and white t-shirt completed with a blue tennis shoe and I was happy he noted that. “I will take you shopping first before we go for lunch but we have to make everything snappy as we have to return to the office in the next one hour.”He told me conversationally as he moved smoothly into the moving traffic on Awolowo road in ikoyi and I was speechless once again. It wasn’t as if Tunde had not been a good man in the two years we have been together but everything was happening so fast that it had my head spinning. We‘ve had our own share of arguments like any other average couple and we ve had our share of joyful and interesting memories as well but when it comes to getting me things, I always seems to have to dragged him bodily to the shop or market and that was if he didn’t succeed in persuading me to collect the money after he had split it neatly into two .

We went for shopping and for lunch in the same shopping mall before he dropped me off in front of my office an hour and ten minutes later after promising to pick me up at the close of work. I slipped back to my desk without my manager catching me but Ruth’s gaze followed me and I knew she was dying to hear the full gist from me.Unfortunately,it was Friday and the pressure at work was much, so we didn’t have time to gist before the day slipped away and we were ready to leave for home. Tunde called again as I was clearing my desk, so I put away everything in haste and bid everybody a general “Goodnight” before walking out of my office. “Take it easy this weekend, jummy because your haste to get home is very touching.”I almost collided with my manager again on my way down and I cursed the old bitch in my mind. “Oh! I’m sorry, Christy.Good night and have a nice weekend.”I said with a smile as I side –stepped and bounced down the staircase. “Goodnight. My regards to him. “She answered with obvious amusement as she went up the staircase.

I and Tunde spent sometimes on the island at his favorite joint before heading for the mainland when we were sure the traffic would have lessened considerably.Normally, he would have spent sometime with his pals that worked on the mainland, no matter how late it was when we get to the mainland but I was surprised when he drove towards his house. “Won’t you see wale and the rest tonight?”I asked, hiding a yawn behind my palm and he reached out to squeeze my knee. “They have gone for one of our friend’s bachelor’s eve to tonight.”He said as he drove into his street. “Really? Which of them is getting married over the weekend?”I asked in surprise. Wale was his childhood friend and I knew virtually everything about their group of friends or so I thought. “You don’t know him.”He dismissed my enquiry with a flick of his hand and I was a bit hurt but I let it drop.
Two hours later, we stepped out of his bathroom after a quickie against the bathroom wall followed by a cold bath and flopped unto his bed with a satisfied sigh. “I have something to tell you.”He said after a moment as he rolled unto his side, facing me and supported his head on his elbow. “Is that another surprise?”I teased good-naturedly as I turned and mirrored his posture too. “Maybe.”He shrugged as he trailed a finger down my throat and tugged gently at my towel. “Stop that. Tell me what you have in mind first.”I slapped at his hand with a reproving look. To my surprise, he got out of bed and went to open his wardrobe. This is it! I thought with a silly grin on my face as I watched him pulled out boxers shorts and I closed my eyes as I day –dreamed. I could almost see him on his knees, asking me to marry him but I was shaken out of my reverie when he tapped me on my cheek and sat in front of me on the rug. “Are you okay?”He asked with a frown and I nodded. “Spill it. Why are you sitting there and not lying beside me?”I asked in my bid to lighten up the tension that had suddenly filled up the room. “There was this woman I met two months before I met you, she was a friend to my closest cousin and her name is Julian.”He began uneasily and I sat up in bed. “I remember. I think you told me about her and how she walked out of your life before the relationship took root. Have you seen her again? What is wrong with her?”I asked in concern. “Well, I met her again six months ago and ……………….”He paused for a while and held my gaze. “We are getting engaged in her family house in two weeks time!”He dropped the bombshell and I stared dumbfounded!

Please be on the look out for the next series......Thank you!

https://mobolajiolanrewaju./2017/01/26/diary-of-olajumoke-davies-the-boot/

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by sirblero(m): 4:07am On Jan 28, 2017
wow..cool story...
#following...
more ideas to your story

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by shotunz(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
nice story......abi dey suspect wahala go land.....jummy don enter am

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES: THE REBOUND!

It was two weeks after the break-up with Tunde and I was still reeling from the shock and the betrayal. “Look, jummy.Please try and forget this idiot of a man. He is not worth a thought from you. I’ve wished leprosy and all sort of illness on him every morning and he will have them before he died. He will die a very slow and painful death, I’m assuring you.”Ruth was telling me with passionate feelings that morning and I find myself laughing, despite everything. She has been very supportive and had been a real friend since I gave a blow by blow report of everything that happened that unfaithful weekend. I was forever grateful she was wise enough not to tell me “I told you so”, despite the fact that she did tell me not to get my hopes up and she had been trying to get me involved in her weekend activities. Every morning I got to work, looking pale and shedding weight, she would be ready with new foul names to call him that would have me reeling with laughter before I know it.

It was the third Monday and my manager was starting her annual leave that day which means a new manager from one of our branches for a one month. “Who do you think will replace Christy for one month, Ruth?”I asked worriedly as I put finished touches to my make-up. “You didn’t read your mail on Friday? Who else but Mr Hunk?”Ruth said with obvious disbelieve and my jaw dropped in amazement. Deji Adedokun is one of the best –liked managers in my company, not because the company valued him but he was very friendly, lenient, charming and on top of it all: very good-looking! Almost all the lady in the company is half in love with him as he was often discussed in the rest room but I have never worked with him in closely and I based my judgment on what I heard others said about him. “I think there is a little problem with an account he was handling and the management is planning to move him back to the office.”Ruth continued as we moved into the kitchenette to make our morning tea. “Really? I thought he is very good or so I heard.”I asked in a doubtful voice. “You know how it is with all these corporate account. One moment, you are the best to handle their account but once you make a little mistake, they start picking on your fault.”Ruth shrugged as she stirred milk and sugar into her tea and I stared in mine thoughtfully.

“Good morning, ladies.”The object of our discussion breezed into the kitchenette with a smile and I nearly dropped my tea-spoon. “Good morning.”We chorused and exchanged glances. “You are jumoke, right? We would be working together.”He turned to me with a smile and I nodded with an answering smile. “Good. I’m looking forward to working with a pretty woman like you and I learnt you are quite a genius professionally too. Christy is very proud of you.”He was sure generous with his praise and I practically blushed. “Thank you.”I looked out of the window to hide my pleasure. “Ladies, see you later.”He picked up his tea-cup and strolled out of the kitchenette. “Oh! It is a pity that he is married. I would have moved heaven and earth to hook him permanently.”Ruth said dreamily and I laughed at the expression on his face. “He is married and case is closed.”I told her and we went back to work.

It was a real pleasure working with Deji Adedokun and he took me out to lunch two days later. “What is wrong with you, jummy? You seem distress.”He asked in concern over our meal. “Am I doing badly at work?’I asked, immediately distressed and he laughed at the stricken look on my face. “I’m not disappointed in you, jummy but I have the ability to read people and I’m getting the impression that you are not at your best. Am I wrong?”He said seriously and I released my breath in a whoosh. “You are right.”I stared down into my plate and didn’t see the food. “Talk to me.”He invited and I find myself talking about my sodden relationship. “We, men can be real jerks at times and insufferable idiots.”He said with a rueful smile and I shrugged with an answering grin. We chatted about other things and eventually returned to the office.

Before I knew what was happening, we started getting close and spending our evenings together, especially on Saturday nights. He told me about his wife and his only daughter that was four year old and a whole lot of things I didn’t expect to hear from him. He called regularly after working hour and started getting involved in my day to day activities. I started asking myself what I’m doing with a married man, however charming and caring he is when I realized he is occupying my thoughts day and night. My rule number one about relationship ever since I was old enough to have one was not to date a man that is not legally available!

However affairs came to an end one Friday night. It was the fourth week since he resumed at the head office and Christy would be resuming in the office the following Monday. “Christy will resume on Monday. Are you staying behind at the head office?”I asked casually as I nursed a can of chilled Smirnoff ice and watched those dancing to the Wande Cole’s “Bumper to bumper” blaring from the D.J’s box. “I will, for the main time but it won’t be for long before I would be whisk out again.”He sat straight from his slouching position and looked at him. “Do you know I would have married you if I’m not already married?”He said quietly, soberly and I grinned, even though I knew he wasn’t drunk yet because he had been nursing just a glass of beer since we got there. “You have told me that before, Deji and a married man cannot fall in love with a single lady. It is not allowed and it is not possible.”I told him with a smile but he didn’t smile back. “It might not be allowed but it is not impossible and I’m serious. Do you have international passport?”He asked casually and I blinked at him in confusion. “I have. What does it have to do with what we are discussing?”I asked in a puzzled voice. “Easter break two days public holiday is next week and I’m thinking of travelling to Dubai or Accra to spend it. What do you think?”He looked at him as he sipped his drink. “It is cool and I envy you such but what does my passport has to do with your travel plan?”I asked still in obvious confusion. “I want you come with me. I want to spend more time with you and get to know you better in an environment where we could just be jummy and Deji with no string attached. What do you think about that?”He asked seriously, leaning towards me eagerly. My first instinct was to scream an excited “yes” and that frightened me more than anything else. The fact that I could consider putting aside my long-held principle of never dating married men and flying out of the country with a man that has a wife and a kid gave me the jitters. “I won’t ask you about your family because it is obvious you have everything under control but what do you hope to gain by getting us out of the country?”I asked quietly as I tried to sort through my feeling about this whole thing.Oh! How easy and tempting it is to forget about the future and just enjoy the moment with this charming man, I thought longingly. Have I fallen so easily again for a married man or am I on the rebound? Should I follow my heart or my head?

It is available here:
https://mobolajiolanrewaju./2017/01/30/diary-of-olajumoke-davies-the-rebound/

BOLAPE:
My name is Mobolaji Olanrewaju. I am the author of http://www.mobolajiolanrewaju., a blog through which i reach out to my readers. I love reading and writing.
I am a graduate and while in school, i received an award for best writer of the year.I also write for local Newspaper during my service year for the women's World and "Diary of a single,fun-loving Lady".

My industry experience include Consulting in Travel-related issues,booking and reservation of flight and hotels and Tours.

I am a graduate of biochemistry ,i have MBA in Human Resource and currently doing my certification in CIPM (Chartered Institute of personnel management).

I just started my write up on "DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES"

THE BOOT!
It was a Friday once again and my best day out of the whole week but this particular Friday was very special. I have this dream look on my face throughout the week and have trouble concentrating on my work. It got so bad that my best friend and colleague, Ruth actually noticed the look and dragged me to the office restroom during our lunch break.

“Whatzup with you, jummy? You have been behaving like a newly –wedded bride since the beginning of the week.”Ruth demanded with her hand on her hips. Ruth was a delta girl that was born and bred in the north and came to Lagos after her service year in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was a short, plumpy girl in her early thirties with an open and straightforward nature that attracted me to her the very first time I met her which was two months after I joined my company. “Tunde invited me to spend this coming weekend with him.”I confided in a loud stage whisper with a big smile on my face and watched her pretty face clouded in confusion. Tunde was my two-year old boyfriend who worked in the bank on the island and almost everybody in the company knew about our relationship. “What is the big deal about that? Is it the first time you are spending the weekend at his place?”She asked in sacasm, almost glaring at me. “Oh! You don’t understand? I think he is going to pop the big question. I’m so happy. He has been kind of mysterious in the past few weeks and has been surprising me in little million ways. Don’t you get it?”I took her hand eagerly and shook it with impatience. “Be real, jummy. You can’t be so sure of men. “she began in that sermon-voice of hers that always got on my nerves because she was always almost right but the ringing of my phone cut her off and I glanced down to see Tunde’s face flashing at me before Beyounce’s “single lady” filled the restroom. “I flashed her a triumphant smile before turning to answer my call and she waited for the ten minutes it took me to talk to my boyfriend. “He is taking me out for lunch today. Can you beat that? it is so unusual of him.”I laughed out loud in excitement and practically jumped up in joy. Ruth rolled her eyes in exasperation and opened her mouth to start talking but the door to the restroom opened and my immediate manager came in. “Hi Christy.”I nodded to her and slipped out of the room, closely followed by Ruth.

I freshened up during my lunch break and slipped out of office to meet Tunde downstairs where he was waiting for me in his company’s car. “You are always looking good.”He said with open appreciation as I approached him and greeted me with a quick kiss on the lips. I knew I looked great and sporty in a pair of sky-blue jeans and white t-shirt completed with a blue tennis shoe and I was happy he noted that. “I will take you shopping first before we go for lunch but we have to make everything snappy as we have to return to the office in the next one hour.”He told me conversationally as he moved smoothly into the moving traffic on Awolowo road in ikoyi and I was speechless once again. It wasn’t as if Tunde had not been a good man in the two years we have been together but everything was happening so fast that it had my head spinning. We‘ve had our own share of arguments like any other average couple and we ve had our share of joyful and interesting memories as well but when it comes to getting me things, I always seems to have to dragged him bodily to the shop or market and that was if he didn’t succeed in persuading me to collect the money after he had split it neatly into two .

We went for shopping and for lunch in the same shopping mall before he dropped me off in front of my office an hour and ten minutes later after promising to pick me up at the close of work. I slipped back to my desk without my manager catching me but Ruth’s gaze followed me and I knew she was dying to hear the full gist from me.Unfortunately,it was Friday and the pressure at work was much, so we didn’t have time to gist before the day slipped away and we were ready to leave for home. Tunde called again as I was clearing my desk, so I put away everything in haste and bid everybody a general “Goodnight” before walking out of my office. “Take it easy this weekend, jummy because your haste to get home is very touching.”I almost collided with my manager again on my way down and I cursed the old bitch in my mind. “Oh! I’m sorry, Christy.Good night and have a nice weekend.”I said with a smile as I side –stepped and bounced down the staircase. “Goodnight. My regards to him. “She answered with obvious amusement as she went up the staircase.

I and Tunde spent sometimes on the island at his favorite joint before heading for the mainland when we were sure the traffic would have lessened considerably.Normally, he would have spent sometime with his pals that worked on the mainland, no matter how late it was when we get to the mainland but I was surprised when he drove towards his house. “Won’t you see wale and the rest tonight?”I asked, hiding a yawn behind my palm and he reached out to squeeze my knee. “They have gone for one of our friend’s bachelor’s eve to tonight.”He said as he drove into his street. “Really? Which of them is getting married over the weekend?”I asked in surprise. Wale was his childhood friend and I knew virtually everything about their group of friends or so I thought. “You don’t know him.”He dismissed my enquiry with a flick of his hand and I was a bit hurt but I let it drop.
Two hours later, we stepped out of his bathroom after a quickie against the bathroom wall followed by a cold bath and flopped unto his bed with a satisfied sigh. “I have something to tell you.”He said after a moment as he rolled unto his side, facing me and supported his head on his elbow. “Is that another surprise?”I teased good-naturedly as I turned and mirrored his posture too. “Maybe.”He shrugged as he trailed a finger down my throat and tugged gently at my towel. “Stop that. Tell me what you have in mind first.”I slapped at his hand with a reproving look. To my surprise, he got out of bed and went to open his wardrobe. This is it! I thought with a silly grin on my face as I watched him pulled out boxers shorts and I closed my eyes as I day –dreamed. I could almost see him on his knees, asking me to marry him but I was shaken out of my reverie when he tapped me on my cheek and sat in front of me on the rug. “Are you okay?”He asked with a frown and I nodded. “Spill it. Why are you sitting there and not lying beside me?”I asked in my bid to lighten up the tension that had suddenly filled up the room. “There was this woman I met two months before I met you, she was a friend to my closest cousin and her name is Julian.”He began uneasily and I sat up in bed. “I remember. I think you told me about her and how she walked out of your life before the relationship took root. Have you seen her again? What is wrong with her?”I asked in concern. “Well, I met her again six months ago and ……………….”He paused for a while and held my gaze. “We are getting engaged in her family house in two weeks time!”He dropped the bombshell and I stared dumbfounded!

Please be on the look out for the next series......Thank you!

https://mobolajiolanrewaju./2017/01/26/diary-of-olajumoke-davies-the-boot/

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2017
DIARY OF A SINGLE WORKING-CLASS LADY: THE BLIND DATE!

“Do you think I’m in love with him, Ruth?”I asked with a frown on Monday morning. I have told Deji that I will give him a definite answer today, though he wasn’t too happy about it, probably at the fact that I didn’t jump at the offer but I was able to convince him that I have to think about it and the implication before I could agree. We left the joint in moody silence.

“You are not in love with him, jummy.You are on the rebound from that slime’s betrayal.”Ruth said forcefully as she turned to look at me and I heaved a heavy sigh. “I’m so confused, girl. He is so caring, attentive and fun to be with. He said he is in love with me, though I will be stupid to believe him, considering he has a kid and wife at home.”I said almost to myself as I paced the tiled floor to the window and back again to where she stood. “He just wants to get into your pants and we both know that.”She said with a shrug. “Maybe I want him to. He kissed me once and I went to heaven.”I rolled my eyes heavenward and Ruth burst into helpless giggles. “Are you serious? What was it like?”She asked curiously. “He is a powerful kisser, girlfriend and a great smoocher.I’m really curious to know what it feels like to roll in the sack with him.”I said in a whisper as I went to the door to make sure nobody was on the corridor. “Whow! Don’t make me jealous’o.”Ruth grinned at me and got serious again. “Be careful, girlfriend. I don’t want some crazy woman poring acid on your skin and we need to get out to meet proper men.”She said thoughtfully and it was my turn to grin. “Really? What do you have in mind?”I asked in delight. I love intrigue and adventure so much. “I will let you know before the week runs out. Meanwhile I think you should just sleep with him and forget about him.”She suggested and I did! He was a double “whow!” in bed!

I and Ruth decided to have a night-out the following Friday but unfortunately the pressure at work was terrible and the traffic was worse. Christy gave me a ride into town and I decided to drop at iyana-oworo immediately we descend from third mainland bridge to pay my aunty an impromptu visit. Aunty Kenny as we normally referred to her, she had a twin brother who lived in port-Harcourt, had been living in Lagos ever since I could remember with her live-in lover that eventually become her husband and they had been married officially for three years now but there was no child between them. I have heard mother talked about how she had been running from pillar to post in order to resolve the issue and her husband had always been so supportive. “Jummy, I wish you can get yourself a man like Dipo.He is such a gentleman. He is so supportive, caring and so faithful to his wife, despite everything.”My mother will tell me with pride as if she is uncle Dipo’s mother. “How are you so sure he has been faithful to his wife, mum? Don’t be so gullible.”I would tease the way I normally do, tongue in cheek, baiting her and she would rise to the bait like I expect her to. “How will you know if a man is faithful or not when all you do is chase after unserious playful men that will use you and dump you? I hope you know you are not getting younger. “She will give me her reproving look and I would burst into laughter. To be candid, I do envy my aunty at times, not only is she one very beautiful woman with a “baaaad” shape, her husband is not bad-looking too, they are financially stable and they have a solid marriage from the little I’ve witnessed between the couple. I met the woman in question in a bad mood, even as she tried to hide it behind hugs and kisses. i know she was really happy to see me.

“What is it again, aunty?”I asked after a while as I sat down at the kitchen table with her uneaten dinner and dung in. i was seriously starving. “I saw my menstrual period again today. It seized last month and I thought God has finally answered my prayer. “She said with a heavy sigh as tears filled her eyes. “Has your husband been complaining?”I asked with a frown and she shook her head. “He has never complained jummy but should I wait till he start complaining? I’m wondering if it was that last abortion I did for him about two years before we got married.”She said with regret and I swallowed the morsel of amala in my mouth. “I think you should stop worrying yourself. None of you has been certified barren by the medical expert and you are both young. Enjoy yourself please. What is the latest good news in your life please?”I asked with enthusiasm as I kicked off my sandals and sat back to gist. She burst into laughter and joined me at the table. “Dipo just change my car last week. Please don’t try my new car, jummy, it is “End of discussions””She said with a grin and I whistled loud and clear. “I have to borrow it one of these days.”I declared immediately and she scowled at me. “What do you want to do with my wife’s car, jummy?”Uncle Dipo asked with a smile as he came through the kitchen door and went to give his wife a smacking kiss on the lips before he joined us at the table. “I need to paint the town blue and red and green with it or what do you think, uncle Dipo?”I asked with a wide grin. “Why not as long as the owner is aware of it?”He grinned back and my aunty scowled at both of us. “That is my car and nobody is taking it anywhere. “She said as she glared specifically at me. “Not even if I get you that beautiful silver accessory with the ear-rings? You could use it for your friend’s upcoming marriage and it goes with your organizer lace “I batted my eyes at her innocently and uncle Dipo roared with laughter. We gisted far into the night before we finally retired to bed and I left for my house on Saturday night.

The next Friday was less tedious and we decided to crash one of Ruth’s friend’s party. It was taking place in the middle of ikeja and we got there around mid-night. “You are welcome, babes. It is nice to meet you finally, jummy.There are some boring looking guys I want you to meet.”Julia, Ruth’s friend from her NYSC days said as she greeted us with hugs and linked her hands in both of ours. “That is the gist, Julia.it is real great to meet you too.”I said with a smile and could feel eyes following us. The bar was dark and smoky and I could hear laughter from the men sitting there with drinks and lots of smokeable things. I heard a familiar laughter and thought my ear was playing tricks on me. “Jummy, meet my honorable in the house and the hunk of the day, Oladipo Akanbi.Dipo, this is jummy and I’m expecting you to treat her well.”Julia pushed me forward and I stared in disbelieve at the head that was bent over an expensive cigar to lit it. “Julia, you should trust me. Have I ever treated any of your friends shabbily?”He mumbled around the cigar stick as he flick the lighter off and blow smoke leisurely into the air before he turned to face me. “Uncle Dipo!”I whispered in horror and he stared at me as recognition dawned slowly on his alcohol-induced eyes. “Oh my God!”I was intrigued with the way he spaced the three-worded sentence as he stared at me with obviously growing horror!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:22am On Feb 01, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES: REFLECTIONS!

“Who is he? Do you know him?”Ruth asked curiously from behind as she came to stand beside me. “Jummy, what are you doing here?”My uncle found his voice at last and I had the satisfaction of seeing sweats bead on his forehead. “Can someone tell me what is going on here? Have you guys known each other before?”Julia asked as she looked from me to him and back again. “It seems so, Julia.I’m sorry for the awkwardness but I don’t like this man.”I gave him a disdainful look and moved to the bar. “A chilled bottle of Smirnoff please. What do you want, girlfriend?”I turned to my friend who I knew was already dying from curiosity. “I can get my own drink, babe.Damn it, release me from this suspense please.” she hissed angrily into my ear and I took a sip of my drink before I could burst into laughter. “He is my favorite uncle –in law, the one that got the award for the best husband of the year.”I told her with a straight face. “Really? I think I need my drink now. A shot of whisky with ice please.” she told the bar man as she sat on the tall stool beside me. “I can see why he couldn’t get his wife pregnant. He has been busy donating the fertile sperms in him to the young girls and the useless one to his wife.”I said with a shake of my head and emptied my glass. “Hmn……..he is sure good-looking.”Ruth leaned forward to take another look at him and grinned at him. “He is gone. He will be thinking you would be on the phone by now.”Ruth laughed softly as she sipped her drink. “Where would I tell my aunty I saw him? I would be in soup at home. Moreover if his wife cannot see him for the cheat he is, that is their problem and not mine.”I said with a giggle and poured the last of my drink into the glass cup. “It would be a great experience to have slept with him and find out who he was after that.”Ruth said with a mischievous grin and I gave her a jab in the rib. “Let’s roll, babe.There are other men here who are not my uncle abeg.”I got to my feet and looked around. “Yeah, let’s rock.”Ruth threw the rest of her drink down her throat and we mix with the crowd to rock the party till dawn.
“Babes, how was your weekend?”It was on Monday and we are back at work again. God! it was one very short weekend, I groaned inwardly as I contemplate the days ahead. “It was fine, mama twins.”I answered automatically with a smile as I turned to watch the very pregnant woman rush into the bathroom and came back seconds later, panting with relieve. I and ruth burst into laughter. “You are laughing.it will soon be your turn.” Tayo bakare is the head of marketing department and was a senior colleague by several years, not only at work but in age and status! She is close to forty in age but She looked years younger than her age and just got married a year ago luckily to a young single man, probably a few years younger than she was! I was never sure. “Don’t worry, mama twins. I will take one home when you give birth to them.”Ruth said with a grin. “I will come and take him back when he is old enough to go to the market.” Tayo said so solemnly we all burst into laughter. “How are you feeling this morning, mama twins? You look kind of tired.”I asked with genuine concern as I studied her lean face. “The baby is just so impatient to get out, I guess. I’ve been visiting my gynecologist almost every weekend now.” she paused as rubbed her swollen stomach. “Once the baby start kicking me at mid-night, I also kick my husband as well and keep him awake as long as I’m awake.” she said with a grin. “That is fair enough. I love you.” Ruth gave her a smacking kiss on the cheek and she laughed again. “Talk to you girls later. I need my breakfast.” she said as she moved out of the rest room and Ruth turned to me. “You seem to like this woman a lot and I heard she is a dragon to work with.”Ruth said conversationally as she dabbed tissue on her lips to soak the excess lipstick. “You are right. I just connect with her on a personal basis probably because I knew a lot about her personal life and I could feel her.”I said quietly and Ruth gave me a close look. “Is there something unsual about her personal life?”She asked curiously. “Amebo, Na everything you wan know.”I stuck my tongue out at her and she scowled in return. “She came from a Muslim home and they were not allowed to marry from a Christian home but unfortunately, all the Muslim men she had ever dated end up jilting her. The guy she eventually marry was a Christian and a former classmate when they were in school who she had never given a second glance, not even when they were in school.”I said as I put my make-up stuffs together and returned them to the bag. “Is she happy now?”Ruth asked curiously. “What do you think? The guy practically worshipped the ground she walked on and his business seem to be growing every day ever since they got married. They did a low-key wedding but the last time I was in their home, I bow to the power of wealth.”I saluted mentally again and she nodded with approval. “The only problem they had when they first got married was child issue but after a few visits to a very expensive hospital in the heart of Ikeja , the issue was resolved and the pregnancy stayed.”I brushed down invisible lint from my charcoal-colored suit and picked up my bag. “And they lived happily ever after.”Ruth said in conclusion and we both burst into laughter.

Tayo had been absent from work for close to a week and her phone was switched off. I was getting worried and I found out I was not the only one in that category until her husband showed up at the office a few days later. I met him on my way in from the bank the following Tuesday and nearly jumped on him. “What is wrong with mama twins?”I asked anxiously. “She went into premature labor and the baby has to be removed by caesarian when she couldn’t cope any longer. The baby is fine.”He smiled at me. “And the mother?”I held my breath and he shrugged. “She is still in coma but the doctor said she will live.i hope so.”He cleared his throat and tried to smile but I squeezed his hand in reassurance. “She will be fine by God’s grace.”I collected his phone number and the address of the hospital and promised to be there. By the time, I got there the following day, she was out of coma and she grinned when she saw me. “Jummy baby, how are you?”I nearly cried with relieve as I hugged her fragile body. We gisted for sometimes before I decided to leave so that she may rest and promised to be back by weekend either she is home or still in the hospital.

The following day which was Friday, I resumed in one of our offices in town to troubleshoot and relieved one of my colleagues that reported in sick. My phone rang abruptly at noon on the dot and I was surprised to see Christy ‘s name flashing at me. “Hi Christy.”I said in an annoyed voice: I was still angry at her for telling me to resume there that morning. “Tayo’s husband is dead.” she told me in a tearful voice. “Which tayo?”I asked stupidly. “Tayo Bakare.He died last night in the hospital where his wife was admitted after receiving a call and they came to break the news in the office this morning.”Her voice droned on but the phone had slipped from my hand as I stared unseeingly at the wall and I did not realized tears was running down my face till I tasted salt in my mouth. What kind of useless and meaningless life is this?, was my last thought as I put my head on the desk and cried as if my hearts will break into tiny little piece that cannot be put together again!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE COKER : THE WHISPERS!

Tayo Bakare was still in the hospital when her husband was buried. The man slumped in her presence and was carted by the medical team of the hospital where she delivered the baby and that was the last time she saw her husband alive. Each time, she asked after him, they told him he was in the ICU, sustained on oxygen and she kept praying he would come out of it alive. She was eventually discharged with her pre-matured baby and her father came to take her to her parent’s house. It was in her parent’s house that the news was broken to her and she thought her life had ended.

The funeral time-table was brought to our office and selected few among us was chosen to represent the company on the day the husband would be buried of which I was among them. It was a quiet and solemn day in our office that day.

The deceased was to be buried on the land the couple just possessed a few months ago and we got there just as the body was on its way to the final resting place .The picture of the deceased was pasted on the body of the ambulance conveying the body and he looked so fresh and young that I couldn’t help bursting into tears again. My two other female colleagues in the car joined in the tears while our men looked on ,solemn-faced .I kept putting myself in that woman’s shoes ,having married at mid-thirties and losing the husband just over a year after the marriage. This life is indeed a vanity!

We got down from the company car in our black attires and followed the crowd of people at the back of the casket bearer to where the body would be laid to rest. The deceased owned a thriving private company and the staffs were in attendance at the funeral .I was able to recognized most of the staffs because of the company t-shirts they were wearing and two particular ladies caught my attention. They were wailing and crying so loudly that you have to think the deceased was their close relative.

One was dark and the other was fair in complexion, both were tall and quite beautiful with their Brazilian hair covered with black net. They were both in jeans with the company t-shirts, hugging their generous curvy bodies and sneakers. Even though they wore no make-up, the smooth flawless face, long artificial eye-lashes and beautifully painted long-nails portrayed the fact that these babes were very much in town. I thought I was the only one who noticed them until I caught one of my senior colleague, Richard, stealing glances at them with a half-smile on his face and I nudged him in the rib. He jumped and grinned at me. “Those babes are very beautiful, I won’t lie to you.” Richard whispered at me and I glared at him. “For God’s sake, Richard, do you have no conscience? They are about to put a man in the ground forever and you are here leering at women.” I whispered furiously at him. “Well, he paid for his greediness. We all love enjoying life to the fullest but we should do it in moderation. Na wetin he sabi chop kill am at the end.” Richard said with a shrug and turned away. I stared after him in complete shock and surprise. After a while, I let it go and concentrated on the funeral procession.

Tayo Bakare remained in her cocoon of darkness for a long time and only catered to the innocent little baby as a matter of necessity. She contemplated suicide so many times and concluded she was just not meant to be happy in her life. I visited her a few times and each time I went for a visit, I couldn’t help remembering the last time I was in her matrimonial home that was full of so much love and laughter. I couldn’t help envying her good luck then.

Even though someone’s life seemed to be at a standstill, life continued and the whispers began. At first, I thought it was a hearsay and didn’t put too much stock into it until it started circulating round the office. I was mad and angry that such tales could be passed around about one of my favorite person in my workplace but after sometimes I decided to find out the truth.

Richard’s family was actually a family friend to Tayo Bakare and they were quite close in and out of the office as they meet at occasions in town. Richard was a married man but he never hide the fact that he loved women and women loved him because he was a natural flirt. He was always asking me out whenever the opportunity presented itself and I decided to hang out with him to get to the bottom of this. What I learnt shook me to the soul of my feet!

“Joseph was an outgoing guy and Tayo knew it before she got married to him. Linda is Joseph’s personal assistance and she was the fair one between the two ladies who were crying loudly at the funeral ground. After their wedding, I have met Joseph so many times in town and he was always with Linda. Tayo is a home babe while her husband was a club-goer and the reason they ended up with each other was best known to them. It was probably because Tayo thought she can change her husband into what she wants and the husband let her believe that for whatever reason.” Richard grinned at me through the chain of cigarette smoke he just blew into the air. Joseph was Tayo Bakare’s deceased husband. “But why didn’t you tell Tayo about seeing her husband with his P.A? You guys are family friends now.” I said angrily and he laughed heartily. “Jummy, you don’t want to tell me you are this naïve. If Tayo cannot see her husband for who he is, it is both their business and not mine.” He said dismissively and drank deep from his glass of red wine. “Does that mean he kept seeing her all the time she was in the hospital?” I asked with a frown and he was silent for a while. “I am not supposed to be telling you all this but I guess it would be worth it in the end” He smiled slowly, running his eyes from the top of my braided hair to my cleavage and down to my thigh. I just started back blandly and he laughed heartily. “Yes, he was seeing Linda and was actually coming from Linda’s place the day he died. Linda is a runs babe and she gave him everything Tayo is too conservative to give him. At the end, she was his death……….” Richard’s voice trailed off and I stared with blank horror on my face. “He slumped in his wife’s hospital ward. “I said in a whisper, full of tears and sorrow at such a waste of life!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : THE ABUSE!

I learnt some valuable lessons from Tayo Bakare’s life .I learnt that marriage is not a bed of rose, that every marriage has its ups and downs, that all that glittered is not gold and not to get too desperate for marriage. I stared moodily into my glass of wine until Joseph tapped me on my knees and grinned at me.

“Come off it, Jummy. Let’s dig it on the dance floor. “He pulled me up and dragged me to the dance floor where “Kabiesi” by Falz was playing .I couldn’t help laughing because it was one of my favorite music of the moment. I remembered he was a great dancer from the company’s last End-of-the-year party and he proved it all over again. I matched him step by step and we left the dance floor, giggling like two idiots. We left the bar just after 11pm and I decided to call it a night. He pulled up in front of my house and turned off the ignition key. “I really enjoyed myself and I would like us to do this again.” Joseph said with a smile as he took my hand and toyed with my beautifully painted nails. Why would I be hanging out with you on a regular basis now or what do you have to offer me? Looking for free sex, right? I thought in amusement and rolled my eyes in the dark. “Sure, why not? “I nodded my head and the next thing he was kissing me. We had some steamy session in his car. I got down from the car and gave him the kind of Mouth Action he would never forget in his life. He was still gasping for breath and trying to get some words out of his mouth when I took my hand bag and walked away with a naughty smile on my face!

My vacation was coming up and I needed to get out of Lagos and its environs by all means. Dollar rate was shooting up and the cost of tickets from Nigeria to anywhere in the world including our neighbor country, Ghana was killing. I called my Aunt in Abuja and told her I would be visiting. She sounded very eager to receive me and we gisted and gossiped about a few family members before we ended the call with a hearty laugh. I cheerfully handed over to the colleague relieving me on Friday as if I would be gone for more than two weeks and tidied up my house over the weekend. I left Lagos on the 5.20pm flight on Air Peace and got to Abuja by 6.40pm. Aunt Remi was already waiting for me at the arrival lounge and we drove to her home in Wuse zone two with her husband and two kids. She worked in INEC office in Abuja and also has a high class boutique shop when she sell all sort of female wares ,undies ,shoes and bags to mention but a few. Her husband was an Engineer and had a thriving engineering firm. They have two kids, the first was a young girl of 9 years old and the second was a 7year old boy. They lived in a 3 bedroom, well furnished apartment and it was obvious they were very comfortable.

There was a young boy of about 17 year old staying with them and his name was Folabi. According to my Aunt, he was a distant cousin to her husband and since her last housemaid misbehaved and was sent away, the boy had been very useful to her. He had finished his secondary school and was awaiting the result for his West Africa examination certificate in order to gain admission into higher institution. I learnt his father was late and with several siblings waiting to be fed at home in addition to the fact that the mother didn’t have any tangible source of income, it was obvious his responsibilities had been passed on to my Aunt and her family. My Aunt sang his praise at every opportunity because he had turned himself into an indispensable house help and she wasn’t bothering to look for a replacement for the last house-maid. He was very nice to me too and was eager to run any errands for me but there was something about him that didn’t sit well with me. I let it slide and just decided to enjoy my vacation. Thank God, I won’t be doing the job of baby-sitter while on vacation, I sighed with relieve.

Within a few days of my stay in Abuja, I realized my Aunt and her husband were the typical workaholic couple that barely have time for any other thing except their source of income, even on the weekends. I usually woke up late and went to bed very late as well. We do not see at all most mornings and the reason I saw them in the evening was because I stayed up late, watching the movies. This means the kids would still be sleeping or just waking up when they were leaving for work in the morning and were usually asleep by the time they got back in the evening. Folabi was the one who took the kids to the bus stop to meet the school bus and he was usually at home in the afternoon when the kids were dropped off after school. He did the cooking most times from all the little bowls my aunt piled in the refrigerator on weekends and he helped with their home work as well. Most days, I went out on a visit to my friends in town or spent the day, dozing on and off with a thick paperback novel beside me in bed and would come out only when I was hungry.

However, whenever I happened to be in the sitting room in the afternoon, my niece, Nifemi would snuggled to my side and refused to leave. At times, she would be eager to follow me to my friend’s place and I usually don’t mind unless it was late.

Nifemi was a beautiful little girl who was fast growing into her teen body with budding little breasts, smooth glowing fair skin and long legs .she was a slim girl and anyone with eyes could see she would grow into a very beautiful young lady very soon. She was also very quiet and wasn’t the talkative I used to know the last time I visited few years ago .I thought she grew out of it.

One afternoon, I was watching a Nigerian movie on Africa magic that was particularly erotic but immediately I saw her come into the sitting room, I switched the channel to Disney junior. She sat down beside me and snickered behind her palm, covering her mouth. “Aunty Jummy, you don’t need to change the channel, I know what they are doing. “She said with a quiet smile. “What are they doing? “I asked without a change of expression. “They are making love now. “She answered without looking at me. “What is the meaning of making love, Nifemi?” I turned to face her squarely and she started shifting on the seat uncomfortably. “I mean they are having sex. Is there any big deal about it? “She said glanced at me and away. “What do you know about sex?” I asked calmly and her silence started worrying me seriously. “Nifemi, I am talking to you.” I said quietly and she fidgeted in her seat. “Nothing” She mumbled in a barely audible voice and I kept staring at her. “Aunt Jummy, I don’t know anything. I swear “she said in a voice barely above a whisper and my heart started hammering in my chest because it was obvious she was lying. “It is okay, dear. I was going out anyway. “I stood up and heard her released a sigh of relieve. “Can I come along, Aunt Jummy? Please? “She pleaded as she stood up too and I nearly gave in but my plan was forming in my head already. “No, you can’t come along but I will soon be back. “I said with a smile, kissed her smooth cheek and went to the room to change. I left the house, walked round the building and started stalking around the open windows. I saw Bolu, the younger brother left the house shortly after I left and with dread, I went from window to window until I got to the window of the room I shared with Nifemi. What I saw left my mouth hanging open, my throat burning and anger coursing through my vein like a hurricane!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : THE ABUSE (2)

Nifemi was lying on the bed, still and staring at the ceiling while Folabi touched her budding little breasts and her privates. Her shorts was gone and she was naked from the waist down. I could see the bulge in folabi’s shorts as he performed this despicable act and his breath was coming out in short gasps. It was obvious what was going to happen next and my legs shook badly where I stood immobile, staring at the scene through the window like someone in a trance. My eyes blurred and Nifemi’s face slowly turned to mine in my mind.

The dark part of my childhood came hurtling back at me like a piece of bullet and gripped me so hard that I thought I was going to faint on the spot. I was the typical dad’s pet and I remembered clearly that he took me everywhere he went whenever he was around. It was so bad that the teachers in the school dread to beat or punished me because if they do, my father would make a scene in the school the next day that would eventually got to the management of the school and put that teacher into trouble. Unfortunately, his kind of job didn’t allow him to be around all the time and as a result, we were raised mostly by my mother.

The first time I nearly experienced an abuse from a man, I was about 7 years old. A teacher in one of my friend’s school who stayed in our estate was hired by a group of parent to give us private lessons after school and one of the parent coordinated the payment so he was paid at the end of the month. I guessed this saved cost for our parents in addition to being close to our homes for the private classes and it gave the teacher an opportunity for another source of income.

One evening, we were through for the day and were about to leave his house when he asked me to wait behind while he ordered the others including my siblings to go ahead without me. I sat down there, wondering if I had done something wrong while he attended to a visitor that came visiting just as the others were leaving .Fortunately, my father had gotten home without prior notice from one of his prior visit and my siblings met him at home. My father asked after me and he was told I have been delayed by our lesson teacher.

Meanwhile, Mr John finished his discussion with his visitor, closed and locked the door before he came to sit beside me with a smile. I smiled back uncertainly but before he could open his mouth to talk, there was a loud knock and crash on the door. He rushed to open the door with an angry oath and before he said a word, my father landed him a slap on his face. “What the hell are you doing with my daughter ?” My father bellowed in a loud voice, towering over the trembling man. That was the last time we ever attended that lesson classes.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky in my other encounters with randy young men who took delights in abusing little girls like me, considering the fact that I was tall and looked quite bigger than my age.

Not long after that incidence, we changed school and my parent decided we should be staying with a family friend in his office as his office was just five minutes’ walk from our school. The arrangement was for my mother to pick us up after work and we left for the home together from there. The family friend was a young man whose elder sister was my dad’s classmate in school and my dad was the one who got him his present job. I remembered attending his wedding as a family outing and my father actually came home to attend the event. His wife got pregnant shortly after the wedding and he sent the wife to stay with his mother in his home town.

Uncle Dolapo would give the elder one between my two siblings money and told her to go out with our last born to get goodies. He was the office secretary in an insurance company and he was usually alone in the office most afternoon when we got there. He started with sitting me on his lap and fingering me while he threatened that if I ever told anyone, he would kill me. I believed him. At times, he would asked me to touch and pull on his penis while he would groaned like someone in pain. The last straw was the day he laid me in their store and rubbed his penis all over my privates until he poured white creamy substances all over my thigh. I guessed I was too young for any penetration to take place but I knew what he was doing was wrong and I cried as if my life would end. He promised to buy me lots of goodies and my siblings kept asking me why my eyes were red, especially my immediate younger sister but I didn’t say anything to anyone.

My mother used to tell me I would get pregnant if any man ever shook my hand in a handshake and I tried to avoid any man as much as possible. I started getting worried as the encounter with Uncle Dolapo unfolded on daily basis and when I fell sick, I was convinced I was pregnant. My young mind was terrified and I finally blurted out what was happening to my mum. I told her I was pregnant and she burst into hearty laughter.

“What made you think you may be pregnant? You have not even started your monthly period yet.” She said with a smile. “Uncle Dolapo has been touching me.”I mumbled without looking at her, picking at the cover cloth. “Touched you in what way?” she asked in a puzzled voice. “He touched me in my pants and on my breasts.” I mumbled again, unable to let her know he had gone beyond that and my mother was silent for a long time. “Dress up and let’s go to the hospital. “She said after a moment and left the room. I thought we were going for a pregnancy test and was scared shitless but I was asked a few questions and treated for malaria. I stayed off school for a couple of days but my mother never visited the issue again and the ordeal with Uncle Dolapo continued for a while until my mother resigned from her place of work. It never occurred to me to tell my father on his occasional visit home, probably because my mother did nothing to stop it but the other times I experienced it from men, I was bigger and meaner and had learnt to defend myself against randy hands.

It seemed it was happening all over again to a loved one and unlike my mother, I had no intention of sweeping it under the carpet. I came back to the present with a cold calmness in me and raised my phone. I zoomed in and took a couple of very clear shots of what was happening in that room. “Aunt Remi, can you please start coming home? There is an emergency and call your husband when you are coming.” I told my Aunt on the phone as I started strolling back towards the house with an air of non-chalancy around me but a cold anger was burning inside me. “Can’t it wait, Jummy? I am in the middle of a very important sales right now.” Aunt Remi said and I could almost see the frown on her fair face. “No, it can’t wait. If you don’t value the life of the children you claim to be working for, stay there and don’t bother to come home.” I snapped into the phone and cut the call. I called the husband and he promised to be home in less than thirty minutes. Birds of a feather, I thought bitterly of my mother and my Aunt as I got to the door and knocked. “I am coming.” Bolu’s voice rang out as he ran to the door and opened it. “Where is your sister?” I asked as I walked towards the room. “She is sleeping ma.”Folabi answered as he came out the kitchen, wiping his brow. “Really? What is wrong with her?” I asked in a voice, heavy with sarcasm. “There is nothing wrong with her. I guess she is just tired.” Folabi said with a smile and I walked into the room without another word. Nifemi was cuddled in the middle of the bed, she wasn’t sleeping but just staring towards the window with a blank expression on her young face. I picked her up and cuddled her in my lap like a baby. She burst into tears, clinging to me desperately and it was in this position that her parent met us!

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES: THE FULL HOUSE-WIFE!

“What is wrong with Nifemi?” Aunt Remi asked in concern, closely followed by her husband and Folabi and their younger child, Bolu. I tapped the screen of my phone and handed it to her without a word. “Oh my God!” Aunt Remi exclaimed in a teary whisper as her handbag dropped with a thud and she sank unto the rugged floor. Her husband snatched the phone out of her lifeless fingers and stared at the picture with an expressionless face. He turned round and gave Folabi a resounding slap that rocked the young boy backward. He reeled backward with a shocked expression on his face and stumbled on his feet.

“Uncle, what did I do?” Folabi asked with angry tears rapidly forming in his eyes as he held his ringing ear and my uncle shoved the phone under his nose. “Who is this? What were you doing to my daughter? Is this how you will repay me for what I have been doing for you and your wretched family? “My Uncle shouted in rage, punctuating each question with a blow to any part of his body. “It’s the devil, Uncle. I swear, I don’t know what enter into me and this is the first time it happened. I promised it won’t happen again, I am begging you in the name of God. Please don’t send me back home.” Folabi rolled around on the floor, his voice hoarse with fear and tears. “It is not the first time, daddy.” Bolu spoke clearly for the first time and every eyes turned to him. “Why didn’t you or your sister tell me, Bolu? “Their father asked in a defeated voice. “He said he will poison our food if we do and the day we tried to tell mum, she said she was tired, that we should discuss it in the morning.” Bolu said with a shrug and a sad look at his sister. Aunt Remi covered her face and cried as if her heart would break. “Thank God that Aunt Jummy came because Uncle Folabi couldn’t do much since she arrived as she was always watching his movement. He said he didn’t like Aunt Jummy. ”Bolu gave me an apologetic smile and moved to touch his sister’s cheek. “Remi the business woman, can you see your life now? Money is more important to you than your children.” Her husband with a scornful look. “It runs in the family.” I mumbled under my voice and leaned over to kiss Bolu’s cheek. “Your family will pick you up from the police station in the morning.” Uncle said as he made a phone call on his way out of the room and Folabi’s pleas fell on deaf ears.

It became a very serious family issue and the folabi’s mother insisted his son was under spiritual attack but it was the last time he ever stayed in my Aunt’s house. My Aunt started dropping her kids off in school by herself and the school bus dropped them off at her shop after which they would go home together in the evening.

The Easter holiday fell within my vacation and I decided to spend my last few days with my mother.

As I was driving out of the compound one afternoon, a car was blocking the entrance and I pressed the horn several times because I knew it belonged to just one tenant as the others were already at work. Caroline Adebayo was a full house-wife and she was almost always at home with her last child who was 2 years old unless she went to the market or went to pick her older children in school. Eventually, I got down from the car angrily and matched to her door with the intention of rapping loudly on it but I nearly stumbled over her prone figure that was lying in the sitting room doorway on the floor. I froze in shock as all the anger drained out of me in a whoosh and I bent down to feel her pulse. It was beating, though a bit faster than normal and her skin was warm. I stepped over her body into her sitting room and could see her toddler was sleeping peacefully in a corner, oblivious to the fact that her mother was in danger. I ran to the bathroom and wet some towel, then came back with it and a bowl of water to place it on her face.

Fortunately, her phone was lying beside her and I picked it up to call her husband. He picked after 4 rings just when I was about to drop the phone and concentrate on the woman, lying at my feet. “Hello. I have told you not to call me in the middle of a work-day again. It is distracting.” Her husband’s angry voice came on the line and I was silent for a moment. “This is Jumoke Davies, the landlady’s daughter. I am using her phone to call because she has fainted and I think you should come home right away.” I said quietly and it was his turn to stay silent. “Sir, are you still there?” I asked impatiently. “Yes, I am. I am in the middle of a very important meeting when your call came in and it will take me sometimes before I can get home. I will send you our family doctor’s number and name. Please help me get in touch with him and I will be very grateful. “He said sincerely, even though I could still hear traces of anger in his voice. “I will keep you updated sir.” I clicked off and bent down beside the woman that was starting to stir .I sprinkled some water on her face and the eyes opened slowly. They were red-rimmed and looked very tired.

“I heard your horn and was coming out to move the car when everything just went blank.” She said in a slightly slurring voice as she tried to keep her eyes open. “What happened to you, madam? What is wrong? Thank God you didn’t hit your head on the floor on your way down.” I said in concern as I sat down on the floor and moped her brow with the cold cloth. “Thank you, Aunt Jummy. I have been under lots of stress lately. I was up half of the night with my last born having catarrh and cold and having truckloads of laundry to sort out. I am just so tired.” She said with a sigh as she closed her eyes. “Please call me Jummy. Don’t you think you should get a housemaid? Dealing with 3 kids continuously on a daily basis is not a walk in the park, not to talk of chores in the house.” I said with a frown as I glanced around the neat, spacious 3-bedroom apartment and she gave a brittle laugh. “Do call me carol then. My husband will not even hear of it, he insisted he doesn’t want an outsider in my home and since I am not working, he said there is no big deal in what I am doing. I have complained so many times and he doesn’t understand I am dying inside gradually. “She said sadly as tears filled her eyes. “You know what, Caroline? Let’s get you to the hospital first and we will take it from there.” I said quietly, trying to pull her up and she moved sluggishly into a sitting position. “I just needed to rest. There is nothing wrong with me and there will be no one to pick my children up.” She said slowly, holding her head in her arms. “How would you rest if you continue to stay in this house with the kids around you? If you slump again the way you did this afternoon and there is no one around to help, what do you think will happen to you? What will become the fates of the children you are fretting about now? Do you think your husband will stay unmarried forever?” I snapped at her angrily as I got to my feet and she looked up at me. “Thank you. You are right. Please help me to my feet so I can go and dress up.” She struggled to her feet and I led her to her bedroom. At the end, I helped with the dressing and packing a few stuffs for her children because she was too weak to stay on her feet. I took her last child to my mother and drove her to their family hospital. She was put on instant admission and put to sleep immediately. I postponed my outing and went to pick her kids in school after she has spoken to the school authority. I dropped them off with my mother as well and went back to the hospital to cook my plan with the young, very attractive family doctor.

I was with the doctor in the evening when her husband came to visit and I excused myself to hurry to Caroline’s side. “Your husband is around and you are going to be on bedrest for the next four weeks.” I said in a hushed voice and she bit her lips nervously. “Do you think the doctor would be able to convince him? Will the kids be okay without me?” She asked with a worried look and I squeezed her hand reassuringly. “They need you to be alive and kicking, not to be buried in a 6 feet grave, so relax and be sure I will be coming around to take you out. As for your family doctor, he is just a man and I have handled him.” I said with a coy smile and she laughed out loud, then sobered up immediately we heard footsteps approaching the private ward. The next few days was a very interesting one indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by iviw(f): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2017
BOLAPE:
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES: THE FULL HOUSE-WIFE!

“What is wrong with Nifemi?” Aunt Remi asked in concern, closely followed by her husband and Folabi and their younger child, Bolu. I tapped the screen of my phone and handed it to her without a word. “Oh my God!” Aunt Remi exclaimed in a teary whisper as her handbag dropped with a thud and she sank unto the rugged floor. Her husband snatched the phone out of her lifeless fingers and stared at the picture with an expressionless face. He turned round and gave Folabi a resounding slap that rocked the young boy backward. He reeled backward with a shocked expression on his face and stumbled on his feet.

“Uncle, what did I do?” Folabi asked with angry tears rapidly forming in his eyes as he held his ringing ear and my uncle shoved the phone under his nose. “Who is this? What were you doing to my daughter? Is this how you will repay me for what I have been doing for you and your wretched family? “My Uncle shouted in rage, punctuating each question with a blow to any part of his body. “It’s the devil, Uncle. I swear, I don’t know what enter into me and this is the first time it happened. I promised it won’t happen again, I am begging you in the name of God. Please don’t send me back home.” Folabi rolled around on the floor, his voice hoarse with fear and tears. “It is not the first time, daddy.” Bolu spoke clearly for the first time and every eyes turned to him. “Why didn’t you or your sister tell me, Bolu? “Their father asked in a defeated voice. “He said he will poison our food if we do and the day we tried to tell mum, she said she was tired, that we should discuss it in the morning.” Bolu said with a shrug and a sad look at his sister. Aunt Remi covered her face and cried as if her heart would break. “Thank God that Aunt Jummy came because Uncle Folabi couldn’t do much since she arrived as she was always watching his movement. He said he didn’t like Aunt Jummy. ”Bolu gave me an apologetic smile and moved to touch his sister’s cheek. “Remi the business woman, can you see your life now? Money is more important to you than your children.” Her husband with a scornful look. “It runs in the family.” I mumbled under my voice and leaned over to kiss Bolu’s cheek. “Your family will pick you up from the police station in the morning.” Uncle said as he made a phone call on his way out of the room and Folabi’s pleas fell on deaf ears.

It became a very serious family issue and the folabi’s mother insisted his son was under spiritual attack but it was the last time he ever stayed in my Aunt’s house. My Aunt started dropping her kids off in school by herself and the school bus dropped them off at her shop after which they would go home together in the evening.

The Easter holiday fell within my vacation and I decided to spend my last few days with my mother.

As I was driving out of the compound one afternoon, a car was blocking the entrance and I pressed the horn several times because I knew it belonged to just one tenant as the others were already at work. Caroline Adebayo was a full house-wife and she was almost always at home with her last child who was 2 years old unless she went to the market or went to pick her older children in school. Eventually, I got down from the car angrily and matched to her door with the intention of rapping loudly on it but I nearly stumbled over her prone figure that was lying in the sitting room doorway on the floor. I froze in shock as all the anger drained out of me in a whoosh and I bent down to feel her pulse. It was beating, though a bit faster than normal and her skin was warm. I stepped over her body into her sitting room and could see her toddler was sleeping peacefully in a corner, oblivious to the fact that her mother was in danger. I ran to the bathroom and wet some towel, then came back with it and a bowl of water to place it on her face.

Fortunately, her phone was lying beside her and I picked it up to call her husband. He picked after 4 rings just when I was about to drop the phone and concentrate on the woman, lying at my feet. “Hello. I have told you not to call me in the middle of a work-day again. It is distracting.” Her husband’s angry voice came on the line and I was silent for a moment. “This is Jumoke Davies, the landlady’s daughter. I am using her phone to call because she has fainted and I think you should come home right away.” I said quietly and it was his turn to stay silent. “Sir, are you still there?” I asked impatiently. “Yes, I am. I am in the middle of a very important meeting when your call came in and it will take me sometimes before I can get home. I will send you our family doctor’s number and name. Please help me get in touch with him and I will be very grateful. “He said sincerely, even though I could still hear traces of anger in his voice. “I will keep you updated sir.” I clicked off and bent down beside the woman that was starting to stir .I sprinkled some water on her face and the eyes opened slowly. They were red-rimmed and looked very tired.

“I heard your horn and was coming out to move the car when everything just went blank.” She said in a slightly slurring voice as she tried to keep her eyes open. “What happened to you, madam? What is wrong? Thank God you didn’t hit your head on the floor on your way down.” I said in concern as I sat down on the floor and moped her brow with the cold cloth. “Thank you, Aunt Jummy. I have been under lots of stress lately. I was up half of the night with my last born having catarrh and cold and having truckloads of laundry to sort out. I am just so tired.” She said with a sigh as she closed her eyes. “Please call me Jummy. Don’t you think you should get a housemaid? Dealing with 3 kids continuously on a daily basis is not a walk in the park, not to talk of chores in the house.” I said with a frown as I glanced around the neat, spacious 3-bedroom apartment and she gave a brittle laugh. “Do call me carol then. My husband will not even hear of it, he insisted he doesn’t want an outsider in my home and since I am not working, he said there is no big deal in what I am doing. I have complained so many times and he doesn’t understand I am dying inside gradually. “She said sadly as tears filled her eyes. “You know what, Caroline? Let’s get you to the hospital first and we will take it from there.” I said quietly, trying to pull her up and she moved sluggishly into a sitting position. “I just needed to rest. There is nothing wrong with me and there will be no one to pick my children up.” She said slowly, holding her head in her arms. “How would you rest if you continue to stay in this house with the kids around you? If you slump again the way you did this afternoon and there is no one around to help, what do you think will happen to you? What will become the fates of the children you are fretting about now? Do you think your husband will stay unmarried forever?” I snapped at her angrily as I got to my feet and she looked up at me. “Thank you. You are right. Please help me to my feet so I can go and dress up.” She struggled to her feet and I led her to her bedroom. At the end, I helped with the dressing and packing a few stuffs for her children because she was too weak to stay on her feet. I took her last child to my mother and drove her to their family hospital. She was put on instant admission and put to sleep immediately. I postponed my outing and went to pick her kids in school after she has spoken to the school authority. I dropped them off with my mother as well and went back to the hospital to cook my plan with the young, very attractive family doctor.

I was with the doctor in the evening when her husband came to visit and I excused myself to hurry to Caroline’s side. “Your husband is around and you are going to be on bedrest for the next four weeks.” I said in a hushed voice and she bit her lips nervously. “Do you think the doctor would be able to convince him? Will the kids be okay without me?” She asked with a worried look and I squeezed her hand reassuringly. “They need you to be alive and kicking, not to be buried in a 6 feet grave, so relax and be sure I will be coming around to take you out. As for your family doctor, he is just a man and I have handled him.” I said with a coy smile and she laughed out loud, then sobered up immediately we heard footsteps approaching the private ward. The next few days was a very interesting one indeed!

Well done. It's a great read so far.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by Switup: 10:12am On Feb 11, 2017
Am in. Lemme just goan start frm d beginning

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by Maltaleeza(f): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
BOLAPE, please continue the story o

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by princejenks(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2017
am following pls

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:39am On Feb 13, 2017
TtHANK YOU.** smiley
iviw:

Well done. It's a great read so far.
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:39am On Feb 13, 2017
pPlease do. It is quite interesting if i may say so.
Switup:
Am in. Lemme just goan start frm d beginning
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2017
Trust me, I will. Thank you for reading.
Maltaleeza:
BOLAPE, please continue the story o

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:41am On Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for following. smiley
princejenks:
am following pls
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:43am On Feb 13, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : THE ELIGIBLE DOCTOR!

I visited the Adebayo’s home the following morning to check on the kids, especially the last baby who was having cold and catarrh before her mother’s admission into the hospital. When I opened the door to the sitting room, my jaw dropped in shock. It was a complete disaster ground. Clothes and toys and something that resembled food was strewn everywhere. The center table had been pushed to a side and television was still on, cartoon music blaring from the speaker loudly. Is this the same house I visited yesterday afternoon that was clean and tidy like a pin? , I wondered in complete amazement as I stepped in gingerly on a tip-toe and looked around. Caroline’s husband was sprawled on the longest sofa seat, his legs dangling at the end and he was still clad in his boxers’ shorts. He was fast asleep and the youngest child was also asleep on a smaller sofa, her pyjamas wet and cold with urine. Obviously, the older kids were in school. I sputtered with cough to cover the urge to laugh and covered my mouth but I must have made a sound because Caroline’s husband stirred and turned his face towards my direction.

“Good morning sir. I came in to check on you and the kids. “I said with a smile as I pulled off the little girl’s wet trouser. “Good morning Jummy. Thanks for everything and my apologies for the chaos in here.”He said with an embarrassed smile as he looked around. “Why didn’t you go to work?” I asked as I concentrated on the tiny button in front of Tope’s pyjama top. “How can I go to work in the middle of all these chaos? I thought I was going to run insane between yesterday evening and this morning. My little angels suddenly turned into monsters over-night and rejected everything I do for them. It was a big relieve to get them off to school this morning.” He said with a heavy sigh as he sat up in the sofa and suddenly realized he was clad in only his boxers. “I will get dressed.” He mumbled and walked towards their bedroom, taking the other side of the room. I covered the little girl with the nearest clothe I could lay my hand on and gave in to the urge to laugh. I laughed till tears ran down my face before scooping the little girl up and headed to the bathroom. I volunteered to take care of Tope for the day and her father was more than relieved to be free of the kids for a few hours until the older ones returned from school, then they all joined their father at home.

I went to visit Caroline in the evening and branched at Doctor Femi’s office. “Hot Jummy! How are you today?” He said with a smile as I came in and his eyes did a thorough job of moving from my head, lingering on the elevated points and down to my toes which was clad in a casual sandals. “I am good. You had a tiring day, right?” I said with a smile, noting the tiring look on his handsome face and went to plant a smacking kiss on his cheek, leaving a smudge with my tomato red lipsticks. “Yes, I have been in the operating room since morning and just completed the last surgery for the day.” He tried to draw me to his lap. “Well done, Doc.Please don’t let your nurses come and pour acid on my skin. It is one of my most cherished asset.” I danced out of his reach and sat down on the edge on table. His eyes followed the movement of my short skirt and lingered on my thigh before he leaned back with a smile. “There is no rival here. I don’t mix business with pleasure. Give me your green light and I will take you to paradise on earth.” He said with a husky voice and I laughed softly. “Doctors are chronic womanizer. How is Caroline doing, doc?”I asked as I balanced well on the table and crossed my legs. “There is nothing wrong with your friend and you know it. She just need to rest. Why are you putting the poor man through mental and physical stress?”Doc Femi said with a scowl. “We both know your client has turned his wife into a slave and doesn’t appreciate her any longer. Let him be in her shoes for a few more days and we will see how it goes.” I said with a casual shrug. “He was practically begging me to discharge his wife this morning and that he would get a house-maid to do the house chores while she recuperates.”Doc Femi said in sympathy and I cocked my head to the side. “Well, let him get the maid first.” I stood up, picked up the bag of goodies I brought with me and marched to the door. “Jummy, I have kept my part of the bargain. When are you going to keep yours? ”He asked when I got to the door. “Give me a call, doc.”I sashayed out of his office and heard him chuckled to himself.

Caroline was looking more rested, relaxed and freshened up. “You spoil me, Jummy. Thank you.” She looked into the bag and grinned at me.Her dimples winked. “You are welcome. I can’t believe you are this beautiful. ”I said with in amazement. “I can’t remember the last time I have slept this soundly. I felt wonderful and beautiful indeed. You are the second person to tell me I look beautiful today.” She smiled and I raised an eye-brow. “Yours truly. He looked so harassed and stressed out when he came in this morning that I really felt sorry for him.” She crossed her legs and sighed. “And I can’t remember the last time he told me I am beautiful either. All he does these days is complain and criticize everything I do.” She said sadly. “You should have seen your house this morning. I am sure you won’t recognize it in your dream.” She was practically rolling on the bed and howling with laughter by the time I finished describing it to her. “You are such a darling, Jummy. How did I live without you all these years?” She said as she gave me a tight hug. “I am just an angel. Check those bags and bring out those sinful negligee I got for you. Your first night back home must put your honeymoon to shame. When was the last time you guys really looked at each other and made love the way you used to before the kids come along?” I watched her brought out the sinfully sexy night wears and watched the dreamy look entered her eyes. “It has been too long. After taking care of the kids and keeping the house in order all day ,I used the little energy left to manage to take my bath and just crawled into bed with every muscle in my body protesting. That is when he will turn round on the bed and want to dance skelewu. Infact the kind of tongue-lashing I usually give him, he won’t forget it in a long time and I feel ashamed of myself, remembering it now. He usually hurt me by telling me what the hell have I been doing all day, after all he is the one doing the job that provides all our needs. I must tell you I was starting to hate anything that relates to sex.You won’t believe he is promising to get a housemaid if I can come home to recuperate.” She said with a flash of mischief in her twinkling eyes. “Please let him get one first and think of what you want to do to occupy your time as well so you won’t start resenting him when you are bored.” I sat back with a smile. “Thank you, Jummy. I have a savings and intended to start a business. How come you are still single when you seems to know so much about men and relationship?” She asked with interest.

“Well, I am yet to meet the one that is worth settling down with.” I said with a casual smile. “I think doc Femi likes you and he is still single.” Caroline said with a smile. “He looks like a nice man and one that would be great in bed but we will see how eligible he is.”I said with a shrug. “Great in bed indeed! Is that all you consider in men?” She gave me a searching look. “Is that not all they think about when they meet a woman? How to raise her skirt and put it in? What is wrong with a woman if she thinks the same way?” I said a bit defensively and realized I was getting angry. She got down from the hospital bed, pulled me up and hugged me warmly. Tears filled my eyes and I held her tight. “I don’t know why but I know you are hurting. You have to stop thinking that way, if not, those are the kind of men you will continue attracting. You are a beautiful woman and can have the best of men.” She said as she pulled back and kissed me on both cheek.

Few days later, Caroline was about to be discharged and her husband came in with the children and a young girl holding her last child by the hand. I was helping her packed her stuffs when they entered and we exchanged glances, smiling secretly. “Aunt Jummy, good afternoon.” The kids came over to shower me with hugs and kisses and even the last one scrambled down to join the chorus. I feel honored. “How are you, my darlings? “I doled out kisses and hugs generously. “Good afternoon jummy. Caroline, meet out new house help. I put lots of pressure on mum to get her for us before you are discharged from the hospital. Her name is Elizabeth “Her husband said with a cheeky smile as he pushed the young girl forward and the girl knelt in front of her. “Good afternoon ma. She said quietly. “How are you, dear?” Caroline pulled her up and turned to her husband. “Thank you, baby. You are the best.” She went up to her husband, put her arm around his neck and kissed him deeply on the mouth. He held her tight and deepened the kiss. I coughed loudly and the kids burst into laughter. “Please, Mr and Mrs. Adebayo, kindly take the show home. I don’t want to watch a free show.” I said, tongue in cheek and they broke apart with a smile. “Thanks Jummy.i owe you a lot.” Her husband said with a sober look. “Trust me, I will hold you to it.”I said with a smile and wink at Caroline.

I went on a dinner date with Doc femi at a prestigious restaurant and we were enjoying a great meal with little conversation when his phone rang. He excused himself and left the table to receive the call. Another call came in on his tab which was actually on the table beside my plate and screen lit up. My heart slammed in my chest because the dancing screensaver on the tab was showing pictures of a little girl whose face was the exact replica of Doc femi. I dropped my cutleries and sat back with a thoughtful frown. Is doc femi truly single and eligible?

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by ladySuperb(f): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2017
wow!!!! bolape ,continue...... nice work by the way!!! *thumbs up*!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
The magazine is free. Please get your copy now as there are lots of interesting articles in this e-magazine.

http://cfwriterz.com/shop/
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : REKINDLED LOVE!

Doc Femi came back from where he went to receive call and joined me at the table. “Please accept my apologies, Jummy. That was from a colleague in the hospital but I have sorted them out. “He said with a smile as he pulled out his chair and sat down. “You have another call on your tab.” I told him casually and he pressed the phone button to check the missed calls. “I will call her back later.” He said with a shrug and picked up his cutleries. “Who is the cute little girl on your tab screen? She looks so much like you.” I said with a smile, chewing on the chicken I wasn’t tasting. “She is my niece. I and my sister look quite alike and her daughter looks like her. She is adorable, isn’t she?” He said with an endearing smile, flicking the screen with his finger and the little girl’s face came alive. I could hear the adoration in his voice and I silently breathe a sigh of relive. “She is sure cute and so is her uncle.” I said with a grin and he laughed, obviously pleased. We had a great evening together but I went home early because I would be resuming back at work the following morning.

I got office the following morning with mixed feelings, I was glad to see my friend, Ruth and some other colleagues but was already missing the morning sleep-in I have enjoyed since the beginning of my vacation. I missed my novels and lazing around in bed until hunger pushed me out of it and was just not feeling like working at all. “Lazyass, you better inform your body that work has begun.” Ruth cuffed my ear from behind when I yawned loudly and I covered my mouth with my palm. “I am missing my late morning sleep seriously and I am very hungry now “I said with another yawn and pounced on my phone when it rang. It was Caroline Adebayo and I was smiling when I picked the call as I walked away from Ruth with a wink.

“Hi Jummy. Is this the best time to talk? I know you must have resumed back in office.” Caroline said with a smile in her voice. “Infact you are a life saver. I have been dozing on and off since I get to work this morning. I feel like just sleeping for an hour.” I grumbled good-naturedly and she laughed heartily. “Don’t worry. You are still in vacation mood, your body will soon move to work mood sooner than you expect. “Caroline said and I went to sit down in the empty kitchenette. “Hmmm. So what’s up with you? How is your family and your new house help?” I asked conversationally. “We are doing very well. Elizabeth has been doing very well so far with minimal supervision and she has been very good with the kids as well. It has given me the opportunity to focus on other things in my life.” Caroline said casually. “Things like what, Mrs. Adebayo? Pray tell! I have heard the boring part of your life and needs to hear the sweet and interesting part.” I sat up straight, gist-mood activated and Caroline giggled like a school girl. The sound warmed and gladdened my heart. “Oh, Jummy. You made me blush just thinking of what I have been doing for the past few days. I felt so young and beautiful and my husband has changed to a new better man all of a sudden. ”She giggled again. “I am all ears. “I said, not ready to let her off the hook and heard her took a deep breath. “I did some reading and watched some videos in my free time when I was at the hospital to brush up my bad-girl acts. When we got home from the hospital that day, I helped Elizabeth put dinner together and put the kids to bed. My husband was watching football in the sitting room and I went into the bedroom to take my bath. I changed into one of those negligee you bought in me, the black silk one, put on some perfumes and came out to the sitting room with a bottle of honey. Jummy, you need to see how his eyes bulged out as I walked towards him and his jaw simply dropped.” Both of us burst into long hearty laughter. “Atta girl! Ride on, I am all ears. I can just imagine the scene in my mind.” I said with a smile, wiping tears from my eyes. “”Caroline, what are you doing?” He finally croaked out in a husky voice when I knelt in front of him between the legs he planted on the table and rubbed my hands lightly over his zipper. “Jesus!” He exclaimed as the remote control dropped from his hand. “I just want to take care of my baby. I have been neglecting it too much. “I said in a low voice, zipped him down and brought out his weapon out of his boxers. He nearly jerked off the sofa and groaned out as he held my head. “Easy, baby. Just relax please and let me do my job.” I told him with a smile as I put his hands by his side and pushed him back. I poured the honey on my finger and rubbed it slowly over his shaft. “You are killing me, baby.” He said between a groan and a moan. “That is the idea, my darl. “I smiled wickedly and replaced my finger with my tongue. I thought he will have high blood pressure or woke the children up with his voice. Jummy, if you see the way my husband was moaning and begging and groaning. I have never felt that powerful and sexy and beautiful.” Caroline said with a dreamy smile. “You are a bad ass truly, Caroline. Poor man! I am sure he retaliated.” I said with a wicked laugh.

“Trust my Adedayo Adebayo. He was molding and caressing my breasts and touching every part of my body he could reach, even as I worked my tongue all over his weapon. After I had him jerking off and spurting his semen all over my face, he just pulled me up, arranged me well over the table ,jerked off the tiny piece of pants I wore and he entered me in one deep stroke .I screamed with long forgotten pleasure and squeezed him tight with my butt. He groaned out loud and the ride began. I am not sure we had one hour of sleep that night and he succeeded in ripping off all my outfit.” She said with a throaty laugh. “It served its purpose and I am sure you enjoy yourself. It is honeymoon phase two. I am so happy for you, dear” I said with a grin. “Guess what? He came home the next day with several sets of negligees, G-strings, pants and every sexy outfit you can think of in different colors. My mouth dropped in amazement and he just stood there, grinning like a baby at the look on my face.” Caroline said in amazement. “You are in trouble, Caroline. You are no longer safe anywhere in the house. Just make sure you are on the pill or on any kind of protection unless you want to have another baby soon. “I laughed till my sides ache. “Jummy, I knew I have opened a can of trouble. In the kitchen, bathroom, store, anywhere in the house with the kids a room away, he will just sneaked in behind me, raised my skirt and just entered me. I can’t complain too much because I am enjoying every moment of it.”She giggled like a child. “There is nothing like good sex to spice up our life. It is good for your health.” I said so soberly that she laughed again. “Thank you, Jummy, for everything. You have a good heart and good things will always come your way. I hope we see in person soon. My husband has been asking of you. “Caroline said finally. “We will see very soon and my regards to Mr Adebayo for a job well done. I will call you soon. I need to get back to my seat now before they start looking for me.”We chit-chatted for a while and finally hanged up.

Doc Femi was the perfect gentleman. He called regularly and took me out whenever he was free. He started visiting me often at home and people started seeing us as an item. He visited my office once on his way to a medical seminar and promised to pick me up on his way back if he was through on time. Tongues started wagging in the office.

“Jummy, you didn’t tell me you have a new guy. He is so cool and handsome. Who is he? “Ruth asked with undisguised curiosity as she cornered me at the restroom. “He is the family doctor to that my new friend I told you about that I met during vacation.” I said as I refreshed up my lipstick. “So what’s up with him? Are you guys going steady?” Ruth continued, as she did the same and I shrugged. “It seems so. We have been seeing regularly for a few weeks and I enjoyed his company.” I said casually. “Have you done it yet? “She asked boldly with a smile. “He has tried to get into my pants and he is doing a good job so far but he hasn’t tasted the honey yet. I want to take my time before sleeping with him. He wants to me to spend the night in his house today.” I said with a smile. “Are you going to spend the night in his bed tonight then?” Ruth grinned at me. “Well, I may do so if he persuaded me well. “I grinned back. “Atta girl! I am sure that spot has been itching you seriously and you can’t wait to get it scratch.” Ruth gave me a mock slap on my butt. “My dear, body no be firewood. I will keep you updated.” We left the restroom together and headed out for lunch.

Doc Femi picked me up after work and we went to his home together to spend the night. I met his elder brother who was visiting him from the north and my heart picked up speed. Is he the one? Is this guy truly for keeps?

Have a great weekend guys!

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by ChizzyMaris(f): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : DESPERATION!

I was in a perpetual state of happiness these days and was practically sailing through the air from day to day as love seemed to locate my heart again. I spent weekends in Doc Femi’s house and he did spent nights in my house too, especially when he had been on a 24hours working shift. It was great, pampering my big baby with my special delicacies in the kitchen and our special delicacies in the bedroom afterwards.
It was my lunchbreak and I was busy, eating while chatting on WhatsApp with a couple of friends when a message popped up from an unknown number. ”Hi. Is this Jumoke? “The person chatted, I looked closely at the display picture and could see it was a woman. I ignored it until another message came in from the same number. “This is Femi’s younger sister, Sharon. I got your number from my brother’s phone. I am so sorry to disturb you” That caught my attention and I smiled to myself. I knew Femi had 2 sisters, the older one was already married with kids and the younger one was the last in the family, single and already serving the country. I have never met any of the two but I have heard a lot about both of them. “Hello Sharon. How are you doing?” I chatted back with a smile. “I am good. Nice display picture by the way, you look beautiful in the picture. No wonder, my brother is in love.” She chatted with a smile icon and I laughed to myself, pleased. “Thank you. When are you coming around? I won’t mind meeting you.” I chatted back. “I should be at my brother’s place this Saturday evening. Please do me a favor and don’t tell my brother. I want it to be a surprise visit.” She chatted back. “Okay. Your secret is save with me. See you on Saturday then and take good care of yourself.” I chatted back. “Thank you, my iyawo. I need to run now and make sure to prepare special delicacy for me.Bye.” She chatted and went offline almost immediately.

Fortunately, Femi was free on Saturday but he was surprised to see me at his house with loads of cooking ingredients and I went straight to the kitchen to cook a meal that would woo my sister-in-law to my side. “Jummy, you are scaring me with this special cooking this evening. Are we celebrating something?” He said with a smile as he hugged me from behind. “Go away and let me concentrate. Is there a crime in cooking us a special meal?” I elbowed him away and tied an apron. “Is there anything I can do to help?” He said with a smile. “Don’t worry. I will call you to sample .Just go away, I have everything I need. “I pushed him out of the kitchen and got to work.

We just finished taking dinner when the doorbell rang and Femi turned a questioning look to me. “Are you expecting someone?” He asked casually and I shrugged, hiding a smile. “Let me check who is at the door. “I excused myself and went to peep through the door hole. A young woman was standing there in jeans and t-shirt with an over-night back-pack over her right arm and pressing her phone. A message tone rang sharply on my phone and I opened the door without hesitation. “Hello. Are you Sharon?” I asked with a smile and she gave me a bright smile. “Hello. You must be Jummy. You even look prettier in person.” She grinned at me without answering my question and I pulled her in. “You are welcome. Femi is around and I am sure he will be surprised and amazed to see you.” I said conversationally as I led the way into the sitting room but Femi was not there. I guessed he had gone to the restroom. “Sit down. I know this is your brother’s house but permit me to entertain you with drinks before you take your lunch. What would you like to take?” I asked with a smile. “Please give me a glass of cold water. That will do for now. Thank you.” She returned with a smile as she sat down on a single sofa and dropped her back-pack at her feet. I went to the kitchen and came back with a tray of cold bottled water and glass cup and drew a stool up to the sofa where she was sitting.

“Thank you, Jummy. You are a nice woman.” She said with a smile as she poured out the water and drank deeply. “How was your journey? Will you take your dinner first before taking your bath?” I asked as I sat down opposite her. “Don’t worry about me. I will take care of myself when I am ready. We have the whole night to get to know each other. By the way, where is Femi? ”She looked around the room and her gaze lingered on the dining room where she could still see the plates we used for dinner. “I guess he went to the loo. We just finished taking dinner when you rang the doorbell.” I said as I sat back and tucked my feet under me. “That is a nice one. What do you think of having a child outside wedlock?” She gave me a direct look and I was surprised at the sudden change in subject. “Well, I am not sure people set out to have children out of wedlock deliberately but circumstances is sometimes beyond one’s control. Do you have one already?” I asked quietly and remembered the little girl on Femi’s tab but there was no resemblance between this woman sitting in front of me and Femi. “Yes, I do. I got pregnant during my last year in the university. My boyfriend was a final year med student and he has no intention of fathering a child at that stage in his life. I was scared and worried but since I didn’t get myself into that position all alone, I informed him. He was very angry and threw me out of his house. I tried to abort the pregnancy but each time I was about to do so, my nerves failed me and at the end, I went home with it. All hell broke loose.” She said with a soft chuckle. “I can imagine! What happened to the baby? How did you cope?” I said in sympathy, trying to imagine the scared young lady telling her parent she was pregnant for an unwilling father. “My parent were strict Christians and could not bear their child giving birth outside wedlock. My father insisted I took him to the man that impregnated me and after begging him for several days in vain, I took him to my boyfriend’s house. To say my boyfriend was mad was an understatement but he kept his cool in my father’s presence and told my father he was not ready for marriage.” She stared off into space. “I can still remember my father’s sarcastic laugh and the cold look on his face. “You shouldn’t have climbed on top of my daughter and pour your seed in when you are not ready for marriage. Youngman, get your parent over to my house and do the right thing by my daughter or else, you will be surprised at what I will do.” my father told my boyfriend and we both left his house that faithful day. I thought he was bluffing and I am sure my boyfriend thought the same but my father actually located his parent’s house and told them to come and take me away if they are not ready for marriage. That was how I was bundled to my boyfriend’s family house. I become a modern day slave in my boyfriend’s family house with no one to turn to or no place to run to. ”She gave a harsh, bitter laugh. What is this, dear God? A family secret? I thought with sudden fear but tried not to let it show on my face.
“Did you eventually give birth to your baby? Where is your boyfriend now?” I asked in curiously. “I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who is my boyfriend’s exact replica and that gave me reprieve with his family. They all fell in love with her and her father has been taking good care of her.” She continued without actually answering my question once again as she scrolled through her phone. “Did you go back to your parent’s house?” I asked after a moment, wondering where the story was leading to. “My father has disowned me and didn’t want to see me as long as my boyfriend refused to do the right thing by me. I went for my National youth service with my baby and my finance was taken care of by my father-in-law. I came back to their home afterwards when I couldn’t secure a job and my father still refuse to take me back. Eventually, it was his father that still got me a job here in Lagos. My daughter’s six years old now and here are her pictures.” She leaned forward with her phone. “Did you just say she is 6 years old?” I echoed as lead settled in my tummy and glanced down at the pictures in the phone. My jaw dropped in shock as I scrolled through the pictures and flipped through my metal files to the first dinner date I had with Doc Femi. However, I said nothing as I held her phone out and waited for her to complete her story. “Femi’s my daughter’s father and I have suffered too long to watch another woman take over my place. He is the first and only man I have ever known in my life. I am begging you to leave us alone to live our life in peace and don’t deprive my daughter of her father’s love.” She turned to me with deep, quiet desperation that tore at my heart and soul.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES: ANGEL IN DISGUISE!

“Jummy, did you put sleeping portion inside that meal? You won’t believe I actually slept off while waiting for you to come and announce our August visitor. Who is it?” Femi’s husky voice proceeded him into the sitting room and brought me back to the present. He stopped short a few steps into the room and swung his gaze from me to the other woman and back again. “What are you doing here, Shade?” He asked in a very cold voice. “I came to tell your latest fling to stay away from you because you are not available. I wonder when you will realize you belong to me and as long as I am alive, you won’t and can’t marry another woman.” She said with a resigned expression and gave a long-suffering sigh as if she was talking to a disobedient child. What kind of sickness is this? I thought with absolute wonder as I stared at the young, beautiful woman who thought her life began and end with a single man. “I guess this is not the first time you will be doing this, right?” I spoke for the first time, addressing her and her gaze came back to me. “No, this is not the first time. I know when he start seeing other women and I know how to get rid of each one of them. You sound like an intelligent woman, Jumoke and a very nice one at that. A word, I think is enough for the wise.” She said with a flitting smile as she got to her feet and picked up her back-pack. “I cursed the day I set my eyes on you, shade and I regret the day I slept with you.” Femi said with a bitterness that scared me to my toes. “I think it is too late for that. Either you like it or not, we are bound together and no mortal on this earth can separate us. Enjoy your evening!” She smiled at me and opened the door to let herself out.

There was complete silence for several seconds after she left and we both stayed where we were, lost in our individual thought. What have I got myself into? ,I thought ,surprised at myself for not getting angry but instead ,I was scared and bone-deep sad but I knew I couldn’t continue this relationship any longer. I got to my feet and moved towards the bedroom to pack my few belongings. “Jummy, please don’t go. She is just bluffing and can’t do anything to you.” He pleaded desperately as he held my arm and came to kneel before me. “We both know that is not true and you don’t even sound convincing in your own words. A bluffing woman would have fight me physically and I would have fight back. Why did you lie to me about your daughter?” I asked quietly, staring down at his handsome face. “If I tell you she is my daughter, I will have to tell you about her mother. I am sorry for deceiving you, please forgive me.” Tears filled his eyes and he hugged me around the waist. “Femi, How old is your daughter?” I asked unrelentingly and he took a deep breath. “Come, jummy. I will tell you my part of the story, even if you are still going to leave me.”He got to his feet, took my arm and pulled me to the sofa where we sat side by side.

“I met shade in my final year in med school at a departmental party and we were over each other the first few months that we dated. I had no thought of marrying her because marriage wasn’t on my agenda at all and I made no promises to her. I was very careful, not to make any promise to her and when we have sex, I used protection at all times, despite the fact that she told me she was on the pills. I knew the pills because she showed me and as a med student, I know the medication works very well but I still didn’t take any chance. This is the weird part.” He scrubbed his hands over his face and leaned forward. “I noticed that since the night we were together, my luck changed for the best. It was subtle at first and I tried not to notice it but it become obvious with time. Once I mentioned a challenge or a problem in her presence, it got sorted easily or miraculously in ways I least expect. The first major event that really got me rattled was the issue of my housmanship. There was this high-brow hospital on the island that I truly admired and really wish to do my program then and almost all my mates wanted the place but we all know it is only the truly connected or those that come from influential families that got placement there. Shade was in my room the day we were discussing or rather fantasizing about it and after my roommates left the room, she asked if I wanted my placement in that hospital. I said yes and grinned at her. She only smiled at me and went back to the novel she was reading. Two weeks later, I received an invitation letter directly from the hospital’s management.” He looked at me for the first time since he started his narration and I stared at him, stupefied.

“Wonders shall never end” I murmured under my breath. “And I knew I was in trouble.” He added after a moment and continued to stare into space. “I resumed for my program, half-expecting to be sent away or to be told it was a dream and was offered accommodation along with an excellent pay. It was a dream comes true but deep inside me, I knew something was not right. Shade paid me a visit one week later, even though I have never brought her to my new address and she told me she was pregnant. How can that be? I was mad and enraged and practically threw her out. She turned up weeks later with her father and the father laid down an ultimatum for us to get married, I bluntly refused. The next thing was for shade to turn up at my parent’s house with her luggage and quite heavily pregnant. My father called me and told me to come home right away. It was a very ugly scene.” He gave a harsh laugh. “She said it was her father who located your parent’s house.” I said quietly. ‘She is lying. She knows whatever she want to know and apart from that first time, I have never met any of her family.” He sighed heavily. “How am I even sure he is her father? I denied the pregnancy outright because I was damn sure we did everything humanly possible to prevent it but my father insisted she stayed until she gave birth and we can run a proper test. She gave birth to my daughter and there was no need for test because the child was my carbon copy. I fell in love with Oreoluwa immediately.” He said with the first genuine smile since shade left and my heart constricted in pain. “Why didn’t you marry her mother?” I asked after a moment and he looked at me as if I just asked him to jump off the third mainland bridge.

“How can I marry a woman I don’t know or understand? She is interfering in my life in a way I don’t like and that is scaring me. I have stopped sleeping with her ever since she told me about the pregnancy and we don’t even talk except when it concerns Oreoluwa. I have no emotional attachment to her any longer but she refused to let me go.” He took a deep breath. “One day, a woman that was heavily pregnant with a set of twins was undergoing a caesarian section and the procedure was becoming complicated. We were about to lose the mother and her babies. I was excused in the middle of the operation to get in touch with another senior surgeon urgently. A text message came into my phone immediately I raised it to make a call and it was from shade. I can still remember every words in details. “Get the bottled water inside your second drawer, pour little in your palm and rubbed it over her two feet. You won’t lose any of them.” Now how would I do that in the presence of other medical personnel, even though I didn’t believe in it but I was desperate enough to use whatever works to save the poor woman because it was the first pregnancy since she got married 8 years ago. Secondly, I don’t know how the bottled water get into my drawer in the first place but at this junction, I didn’t care or thought about it until much later. I went into the theater with the bottled water in my hand, trembling from heads to toes and the other surgeon gave me a questioning look. As I opened my mouth to say something, the light flickered off and there was a collective gasp from everyone. I went straight to the foot of the bed and rubbed the water over the cold feet of the half-dead woman. The feet began to warm up almost immediately and I dropped the bottle as the light came back. The operation was successful and it earned me a huge promotion.” He took a deep breath. “There are days that she will send me texts not to take one route or the other and I will later find out there was an accident or robbery going on in that area. It’s as if she knows every action I am taking in my waking moment and always turned up whenever I stumbled or about to get into trouble. It is downright scary, Jummy and I don’t care for it.” He gave me an earnest look.

“You are scared because you don’t understand her and you have not taken the time to do so. Obviously, she has a supernatural power but has she ever hurt you or your daughter in any way?” I asked in a matter –of-fact voice and he shook his head in the negative. “She always come to your rescue when you are about to get into trouble or when you would have walked into danger and she has helped you achieve your dreams, even though you keep shutting her out. She is home waiting for you patiently and taking care of your daughter while you sow your wild oats and yet all you can offer her is hatred and ungratefulness. What else are you looking for in a woman, Femi?” I asked angrily and his mouth dropped in surprise as he stared at me. “You are just selfish and ungrateful. I don’t trespass on other people’s property and I won’t start now. Thank you for wasting my time and emotion.” I got to my feet and went straight to the room to pick my few belongings. “Jummy, please wait till morning. It is late already.” He pleaded as he tried to hold me back but I side-stepped him and anger propelled me out of the house. I heard him calling my name as he tried to catch up with me and hailed the first taxi that came my way.

The interior of the cab was dark and I couldn’t see the face of the driver but was desperate to get away as fast as possible. I was already in the back seat and was about to tell the driver my destination when I realized I was not alone in the back seat. As I turned my face to look at who was sitting beside me, the portent smell of chloroform assailed my nose. Oh my God! I have just been kidnapped, was the last thought that flitted through my mind as I floated away into deep darkness.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by ademola964(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
When is the next update please...........
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2017
Thanks for reading. Next week by God's grace!
ademola964:
When is the next update please...........
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by Alennsar(f): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2017
u do I have a feeling dat shade will save jummy from dose pple

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
smiley we will wait and see. Thanks for reading.
Alennsar:
u do I have a feeling dat shade will save jummy from dose pple
Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 11:17am On Mar 09, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : THE KIDNAP!

I drifted in and out of consciousness. It seemed the cab was moving at a very high speed on the express road one moment and the next moment, the road was rough and bumpy. The journey finally came to an end without having an idea of what my assailants looked like or where we were and I was carried like a sack of potatoes from the car through a gate that was well-hidden among the bush in a state of semi-consciousness.

My whole body seemed numb and I couldn’t move any part of my physical body including my mouth. They really had so much confidence in the jazz they used as they didn’t bother with tying either my legs or arms but my mind was working and I become aware of my environment. There was a full moon and I tried to look round my surrounding as I was carted towards a lone building in the middle of the big compound whose windows were barred and probably sound-proofed. The man gave the door one short rap and pushed it open. I guessed that was a code or something and looked up to see the second assailant leading a man who was walking like a zombie into the compound. I wasn’t sure if we were in the same cab or he was brought in a different cab but we were probably in the same state of semi-consciousness, jazzed to the core and I wondered if I was going to come out of this alive.

The man stepped into the inner room and my blood went cold at what I saw there. It was a long, wide hall covered with red and black curtain from one corner to the other, making it difficult to know if there were other rooms in the building. There were other captives in the room, hurdled in groups in a sitting position and staring into space. Towards the front of the room was a four-corner rectangle slab, the top and side was dark with what looked like blood. On top of the slab was a young woman, stark naked and her arms and legs were tied to the four corner of the slab, thereby exposing her nudity to anyone that cared to look. Her head was shaven clean and there was an incision that ran from the front of her forehead to the back of her fair scalp. I wasn’t sure if she was alive or not as she was staring blankly at the ceiling but a young man, dressed in nothing except a red cloth tied round his waist climbed on top of the slab ,shifted the clothe to one side and inserted his dick into the exposed vagina of the comatose woman.

Revulsion filled my throat and my mind rejected the obscene scene as I was dropped in a corner to join some other fresh captives like myself. I continued to watch the young man, having sex with the immobile woman until he was through and he wiped the surface of her vagina with a white handkerchief. The piece of cloth came away with a mixture of blood and what seemed to be his semen and I wondered with a heart ache if the woman was a virgin. He clutched the clothe in his hand and hurried out through another exit. My gaze wondered away to another corner and I saw what seemed to look like different part of the human anatomy. I quickly looked away and started praying in my mind. It was obvious this was a ritualist‘s den.Some groups of captives were fed from a wooden calabash containing some mixture and given water from another wooden calabash but despite the movement going on in the building, no words were spoken. After a while, I become aware of a consistent chanting renting the air, it was so soft and subtle that I nearly thought it was my imagination going into over-drive.

I sank against the wall and closed my eyes in utter depression and hopelessness. Why me, dear God? What have I done to deserve this? After losing another hopeful relationship, I have to have the bad luck to walk into a kidnapper’s den, I thought desolately. Someone nudged me on my toes and I opened to my eyes to see a tall hairy man looking down at me. He was holding a similar wooden bowl, holding whatever concoction they were giving to their captives and held it out to me. I reached forward without a thought and smashed the bowl away. It shattered on the floor with a crack and everything seemed to stand still. All movements seized and every eye turned towards my direction. The man stared at me with something close to horror and looked down at the broken bowl.

“What the hell is going on here? Everything is in disarray in the inner chamber” An authoritative voice boomed as a man strode out of another room that must have been hidden somewhere in the building and came towards us. He was tall, dark and thin with a long white mustache and was clad in a flowing black robe with a red belt, cinching his small waist. It was difficult to guess his age but his face was cold and his eyes were expressionless. He stopped in front of me and glared down at me. “She rejected the offering, Elder.” The man said with a tremble in his voice. “That is not possible. “He said firmly as he proceeded to pull me up with my arm and reeled back like someone who just touched fire. “This woman is possessed and very pregnant. Who brought her here?” He bellowed at the top of his voice and my assailants came running out of their hide-outs. “Boss, she is not pregnant. I tested her with that ring you gave us and she tested negative.” My assailant said with complete confidence.

Pregnant? How possible is that? A part of my mind wondered in panic while the other part was filled with confidence and was looking at them with a kind of amusement. I remembered the circumstances that surrounded the birth of Femi’s daughter as narrated by him and now I knew that was why he was almost fanatical about using protection whenever we made love. I was on a regular pills too as I wasn’t sure where the relationship was going and wasn’t ready to be saddled with a child outside wedlock, so we have always been on protection except yesterday evening just before Shade’s visit. It seemed like years ago but the memory came flooding back and I glanced down at my rumbled dress.
The football game Femi was watching had ended and he came into the kitchen just as I was washing the dirty dishes in the sink while my soup shimmered on the cooker. “This kitchen smells heavenly. You are a great cook, Jummy. ”He said with deep appreciation as he removed the lid on the pot of stew and sniffed appreciatively. “Stop it, Femi. That is not nice.” I chided him with a smile and he turned to me. “You are not looking bad yourself.” He seemed to take note of my short, sleeveless knit shirt-gown that stopped just above my knees for the first time and came up behind me to wrap his arms around my waist. “Thank you sir.” I grinned as he nuzzled my neck with his lips and molded my breasts with his palms. “Get away from me, Femi. I am busy here.”I tried to push him back with my elbows but he just smiled as he unbuttoned the tiny buttons in the front of the gown and unclipped my bra at the front. “I always love your boobs. They are just the perfect sizes and these dark, hard nipples just drives me crazy.” He murmured huskily as he palmed my bare, full, rounded breasts and rubbed the nipples gently with his thumbs. I moaned helplessly as my soapy hands went lax by my side and my head fell on his shoulder as he kneaded my soft flesh and gently tugged at the rigid nipples. Ribbons of fire connected from my breasts to my loins and I clenched my legs together. He reached out to turn off the cooker and gently turned me around to face him. “Oh my God! What are you doing to me?” I shivered when he buried his face between my boobs and took a nipple in his mouth, sucking deeply while he ran his hand up my bare thigh and pulled the edge of lacy panties to the side. I automatically shifted my laps apart and he slipped a finger into me. My mouth dropped open in a scream but he swallowed it by claiming my mouth in a deep kiss and I clung to him. He slipped another finger in and I came very fast. He just turned me round over the kitchen sink, lifted my gown to pull at my waist and tore off the lacy scrap of pants. He pulled down the boxers’ shorts he wore in, nudged my legs apart and just slipped into me. It was the fastest and sweetest sex we ever had!

Sounds of gun-shots renting the air brought me back to my present predicament and the ritualists looked at one another in puzzlement and fear. “What the hell is that?” The elder asked, obviously trying to be calm. “I think it is a gun-shot.” My assailant answered with fear evident in his voice. “She is the cause. She is the one that brought bad luck to this place. Get rid of her and go into hiding.” The man flung over his shoulder as he ran towards his chamber but the door flung open before he got there and a group of men and few women came out in a hurry. The men had red wrappers around their waist like the young man who had sex with the young lady on the altar and the few women had the same red wrapper tied over their chest. “Elder, the candlelight has gone off. We hope there is no problem” One of the men said, apparently looking for assurance. Before the elder could respond, another round of shots went off in the air, followed by an authoritative voice on a loudspeaker, “You are surrounded by the police. Please come out one after the other with your hands on your head.” “Yepa! I am finished. My political career is at an end.” One elderly man wailed in a loud voice, ignoring the fuming look from the other members of the cult and they shuffled their feet in confusion, obviously at a loss of what to do. My assailant picked me up to probably carry out his boss’s order ,even if it would be the last thing he would do on earth and proceeded towards an inner room but an object whipped towards us and hit me on the chest. Everything went blank and the next time I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital bed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by Alennsar(f): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
I know she will survive dis

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Olajumoke Davies by BOLAPE(f): 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
DIARY OF OLAJUMOKE DAVIES : HEALING!

I dreamt. I was walking in hurrying steps towards the end of a tunnel and was so focused on the door through which sunlight seemed to be streaming in that I didn’t notice my serene environment. I felt as if a burden has been raised off my mind and joy bubbled inside me without any reason that I could place my finger on. I was about to step out into the soft grass when a body blocked my view and I looked up with irritation, visible on my face.

“Where do you think you are going?” It was shade, dressed in a long flowing gown of a very soft cream material and her hair was braided backward. She was smiling at me. “What do you want? Get out of my way! After all, I have left your man for you.” I glared at her with a cold anger. “I am grateful for that. You achieved in a few minutes what I couldn’t achieve in years and I will forever be indebted to you.” She said quietly, looking at me with a gratitude that was unnerving. “That is strange. How come you can’t make him love you when you have all these power?” I asked curiously. “We are not meant to use our power that way. We can use it to protect and fight for our love ones. Jummy, you need to go back and very fast.” She said urgently as she took my arms and something occurred to me. “Am I pregnant? Am I really carrying Femi’s baby?” I asked urgently and she sighed heavily. “I don’t know. Those people are very powerful and I have to call on the help of your mates to get you out of that horrible place. It was that idiot that allowed a stray bullet entered you and they won’t go unpunished.” Shade said coldly. “Who are my mates? What do you mean by that?” I asked in a puzzled tone. “Don’t worry your mind about that. Now turn round and go back the way you came here.” She said firmly. “Why? This place is beautiful. Can’t we stay here together?” I asked as I tried to peep over her shoulder. “No!!We can’t stay here. Go away. ”She screamed at me as she gave me a hard push and I went rolling down the tunnel at a very fast pace whose control was beyond me.

“She is alive! Her pulse rate has picked up.” The doctor said, trying to keep the excitement out of his voice and relieve coursed through him. This patient had been brought in, almost dead and her chances of survival had been very slim. It was almost miraculously that her pulse rate was now beating normally and very strong when it had been thready a few minutes ago. She had been taken straight to the ICU unit, curtsey of a Doctor colleague, Doc Femi. Miracle still happens, he thought with absolute wonder. I opened my eyes and blinked at him. My mouth felt as if cotton bud had been stuck in it and my throat was very dry. Different tubes were attached to my arms and chest. I opened my mouth to ask for water but nothing came out and I gestured frantically with my hand. “Please tell Doctor Femi to come in. He is a nervous wreck already and let her mother come too.” He instructed the matron who hurried out afterwards and turned back to me. “How are you, Jummy? “He smiled at me and I grimaced at him. The door opened and Femi came in, closely followed by my mother and Ruth. I tried to glare towards his direction and he fell on his knees by my bed. “Thank you, God! Thank you for bringing her back.” He said fervently with eyes raised skyward. I was raised up gently and Ruth put a cup of water to my lips. I gulped it greedily and sat back, spent. “Olajumoke, oko mi (my husband), kilo sele (what happened?) How come you were found in the middle of nowhere, half-dead? ”My mother asked with a frown as she sat on the chair beside the hospital bed and I closed my eyes tiredly. “Mummy, please let her be for now. She needs to rest.” Ruth said quietly, watching me closely and I could have kissed her. “Jummy, I will be right back to check on you. “Femi ran the back of his hand over my cheeks and I shield away from the touch. He left the room with the rest of the medical personnel after a last check was conducted by the doctor in charge. I fell into a deep sleep shortly afterwards and when I woke up, I have been moved to the normal private world without the tubes. I breathed a sigh of relieve and promptly fell asleep again.

Ruth was sitting beside me, looking quite pensive and there was a plaster on her forehead that was not there a few days ago. I frowned as I open my eyes and stared at her. “How are you?” I winced when my voice came out in a croak. She looked startled as she raised her face and smiled at me. “You are finally awake. I am sure you must be famished by now?” She seemed nervous at my unblinking stare and I sat up in bed. “I hate hospitals. What is there to eat please?” I asked with a smile and she served my favorite dish of jollof rice with spicy fried meat and coleslaw. My mouth salivated as she was dishing it and I devoured the entire plate of food that was served to me. “This is really good. Are you the one who prepared it because I know my mum is not such a good cook?” I asked with a mouthful and she laughed heartily as she put a chilled bottle of malt on my tray. “You are a bad babe, Jummy. Yes, I prepared it. Do you want more?” She asked with a smile. “I will take the second helping much later please.my stomach is full to bursting. Thank you. How come you were able to leave work and stay with me?” I asked curiously as I nursed my bottle of malt. “I took some few days off as my mind won’t be there anyway and my manager was quite understanding.” She pulled the plastic chair closer to my bed and sat down. “Tunde called me the night you were kidnapped and we both went to the police station to report. The baffling thing was that he knew where to take the police and the exact route the kidnappers took. I started wondering if he was involved somehow but I have a feeling you knew about this or at least part of it. I was the one who called your mum after you were found.” She gave me a direct stare and I started wondering how much I should tell her. “Don’t even bother filtering the story for me, Jummy, give it out straight the way it is. I have a right to know.” She said firmly and I laughed heartily. “I miss you truly and we have not been spending enough time together since I got involved with Femi.” I said soberly. “I have not been idled here.”She mumbled beneath her voice but I ignored it for now and narrated the whole ordeal from the moment Shade contacted me. She was silent throughout the narration and her attention was totally focused on me.I sipped the malt in-between to wet my dried throat and took a deep breath afterwards. She sighed heavily.

“Who are my mates, Ruth? I still don’t understand what she meant by that.” I asked quietly. “Jummy, we are Africans, Nigeria to be precise and supernatural things happened that is beyond human comprehension. I think your mother is in the best position to answer that.” She said quietly and it was my turn to sigh. “Am I really pregnant? How possible is that to know you are pregnant a few days after having sex?”I asked with apparent frustration. “Time will tell but I won’t wish to be pregnant for a man whose fiancée have a supernatural power please.” She said with a shudder. “Hmmm. That woman scares me and even if I am really pregnant and I decide not to let him know, I am sure she will eventually know about it.”I said slowly as I stared at my friend. “Scary again!” She mouthed in a whisper and we both laughed till tears came out of our eyes. “I will miss him though. That guy is sweet and the last sex we had was the sweetest I ever experienced.” I said with a smile, even as I felt a deep ache round my heart. “You will be fine, dear. This circumstances is totally beyond us but that doesn’t mean we can’t bitch over him and wish him all sort of evil.” Ruth stood up to hug me as a single tear rolled down my face and I dashed it away determinedly.

“What happened to your face?” I asked after I got my voice under control and she sighed again. “I have a confession to make. Can you remember Adewale fabowale? ”She asked quietly, not quite meeting my eyes and I shifted through my mental files with a frown. He was a good friend to one of our managers and was a regular visitor in our office but he was also a natural flirt. I attributed that to the fact that he was a tall handsome young man in his late thirties and he was rich. He approached me for a relationship and he pursued me with a single-mindedness that nearly changed my mind if not for the fact that I was already in a relationship with Femi then. He eventually gave up and moved on. “What about him? Are you dating him?” I asked with a raised eye-brow. “Yes. I am sorry, Jummy. It was when he approached me to help him convince you to give him a chance that we started getting close and I didn’t know how to tell you. Please forgive me.” She said remorsefully and I sat back, trying to process the whole stuff in my mind. I felt indifferent. “Okay. Apologies accepted but you have not answer my question.” I gave her a bland stare and she squirmed under my direct gaze. “He hit me yesterday when I got to his place because I was late for our appointment.” She mumbled under her breath. “What the hell? What did you just said? He hit you? “I yelled as I sat upright. The door opened and the doctor came in, followed closely by a nurse. Ruth heaved a sigh of relieve and I gave her a glare.

“Olajumoke Davies, I can see you are much better and ready to go home but it will do you good to keep your voice down. There are other patients in the hospital.” The elderly doctor said in a chiding voice, even though he was smiling. “Yes Doctor. Thank you.” I said, trying to hide my impatience. He gave me a thorough check and asked a few questions. “I am discharging you this afternoon. Your bills have been settled by Doctor Femi. Enjoy yourself and stay out of trouble.” He said with a smile and walked out with the accompanying nurse. Complete silence greeted their exit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The 'Prism Of Reason' Award In Germany (Photo) / Say No To Child Marriage / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 366
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.