Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. (38797 Views)

My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) / Relics And Scrap As Trains! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
musicwriter:

You need to know your history whether good or bad. When you know your history you can for example challenge the lies told you by Europeans that we Africans sold our brothers and sisters. See the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa http://www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

When you know your history, you'll know the whole truth, you'll understand why you're in your present condition, how to avoid mistakes of the past, and what you need to do. If you know your history, you'll understand white people are not a superior race to blacks, but that something went wrong between 1400-1800 century.

What your clock does for you is that it will divide your time, give you an inkling of where you've been at what time, and what you still have to do for the rest of the day and the time to do them.

The clock is a miniature history keeper.

History is like a clock that people use to tell their historical, political and cultural time of the day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. History tells a people where they have been and what they have been, where they are and what they are. Most important, history tells a people what they still must be and where they must go. The relationship of a people to their history is the same as the relationship of a child to the mother.

No people can be full, no people can be whole, no personality can be complete without a knowledge of his or her own history.

The beauty of history is that once you know your history, you'll know what you'll have to do for yourself and as a people, your knowledge eliminates your excuses for not re-building your own house irrespective of the poor condition you met it. Your knowledge of what you did before you was conquered eliminate your excuses for not trying to rebuild yourself.

Your lack of knowledge of history and the chronology of history robs you of the knowledge of knowing that the European was the last branch of the human race to get into the arena of human civilization. A bunch of juvenile delinquents coming out of the third ice age in Europe, taking over the world, killing babies in the bath. And you are bowing to them thinking you are bowing to a man because he's dressed like one. Over half of human history was over and Europeans were not even in this world!! . The word "white people" was invented in the 15th and 16th century because there were no white man on the earth for millions of years.................. Dr. John H. Clarke.

European civilization is about 500 years old, whereas Africans has been on this earth for at least 10 Million years!.

What we need as Africans is go and study history so that we can correct our mistakes, then go back and rule the world, because that's what we were originally meant to do.
so the white came and start putting chains on blacks, getting them ready for transportation and the Kings and Queens, and the people folded their hands and allow it... Pls think it through and still tell me how it was possible.. No guards again, no hunters who can hunt the white beasts down etc.... I use common sense these days and not allow trash written by someone who tries not to take responsibility for his or her ancestors mistake and make change sink in to my mind....

Am a free thinker and I don't dwell on the bad that happened then only wanted to state out something cos of some comments I read here and for those that also thought the very same people that did all that will teach them to be better than them(whites)

A tiger eye gemstone will help see things clearly even as it all happened in the past only if u get 1 and know how to see with it... With the stone you will see this world is actually flat and not round like they lied and the sun is never in space but in this universe they called planet.. And also space as dark as melanin which is found in abundance in blacks or charcoal....

Man I know a whole lot of things and I speak my truth from my heart... Who wants to hear let him or her hear....

I can't be deceived anymore
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by scholes0(m): 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
mellinjaga:
so the white came and start putting chains on blacks, getting them ready for transportation and the Kings and Queens, and the people folded their hands and allow it... Pls think it through and still tell me how it was possible.. No guards again, no hunters who can hunt the white beasts down etc.... I use common sense these days and not allow trash written by someone who tries not to take responsibility for his or her ancestors mistake and make change sink in to my mind....

Am a free thinker and I don't dwell on the bad that happened then only wanted to state out something cos of some comments I read here and for those that also thought the very same people that did all that will teach them to be better than them(whites)

A tiger eye gemstone will help see things clearly even as it all happened in the past only if u get 1 and know how to see with it... With the stone you will see this world is actually flat and not round like they lied and the sun is never in space but in this universe they called planet.. And also space as dark as melanin which is found in abundance in blacks or charcoal....

Man I know a whole lot of things and I speak my truth from my heart... Who wants to hear let him or her hear....

Slavery had always existed in some parts of Africa, although on a MUCH smaller scale, and in some areas, there was nothing like slavery.
The European presence was what accelerated inter-tribal wars in this part of Africa, in orer to feed the European demand for slaves!

Have you read the story of Queen Nzinga of Angola for example, who tried to stop slavery in her kingdom?
Or how some Kongo chiefs were complaining that the Portuguese were always taking a lot of his citizenry away?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Hash86(m): 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
Eyyah.. I pity those guys...
Now I understand why the population of the Westerous is as it is today
Though I have already knew how the population of the OTHERS declined...
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 26, 2017
What do we then do as a people? Dwell in the past?i have passed through so many things in life and I really don't regret the things that happened or encountered... I only learn and move on.... I have acquired so many knowledge from people around me and it makes me wonder if people have these kind of knowledge why aren't they using it to better Africa or even themselves... But u see them doing all sort of trash with the knowledge they v got.

Blacks all of them have one powerful secret of something hidden in their mind but religion is stopping them from accessing those knowledge. Now most blacks aren't living to their full potentials the reason because our elders whom we all thought knew better are the one hiding major things away from the masses. It all started in Africa and not the whites. All for the purpose to control the minds of people.

I know whites did bad things but the truth is this.. (our ancestors then allowed it happen). Now as our ancestors descendants do we fold our hands and famous nothing to make a change? For me and some few others the answer is NO. I personally will rewrite the wrong to right and I will do anything possible to return our lost glory alongside with others that share this vision with me.

It is well
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
scholes0:

Slavery had always existed in some parts of Africa, although on a MUCH smaller scale, and in some areas, there was nothing like slavery.
The European presence was what accelerated inter-tribal wars in this part of Africa, in orer to feed the European demand for slaves!

Have you read the story of Queen Nzinga of Angola for example, who tried to stop slavery in her kingdom?
Or how some Kongo chiefs were complaining that the Portuguese were always taking a lot of his citizenry away?
Bros I get your point... But lemme break this down to you... The whites will keep bringing up these photos of slaves up to make some not me feel weak... They don't want you to think at all. That's why they keep bringing out most slave pictures to make blacks feel they are nothing but slaves... Check the word SIR =do you know what it actually means (slave I remain) they hid away the great empires that thrived in Africa cos they know when blacks see those things they will be forced to outdo their ancestors.... So Bros will you make a change and do something different to elevate Africa starting from your own tribe or do you sit and whine? CHOICE

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by XaintJoel20: 12:03am On Jan 27, 2017
mayorchelsea:
For the religious lunatics,these are the same white people that brought Christianity to us and at the same time sold many Africans into slavery;imagine humans buying and selling other humans.

Read materials on Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, you would agree with me that Africa should blame herself for the success of the slave trade...
The white did not raid any village to take men hostage, but the blacks did.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by benn94(m): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2017
DEBJOCH1:
instead when my grand father for de stubborn in those days he refused, sheybi if to say my grand pale de stubborn dem for catch am and sell am as slave, at list by now dem for no born me for Niajuria, see now, see wetin my grand papa come cos, to eat for this side na war now sef.
if the carry am go haiti now you go regret your life
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by scholes0(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Read materials on Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, you would agree with me that Africa should blame herself for the success of the slave trade...
The white did not raid any village to take men hostage, but the blacks did.

You are just making hasty generalizations.
Do you know how many Black African kings were deposed and how many kingdoms destroyed by White Europeans, because their rulers and/or people failed to co-operate with Europeans and facilitate slavery?
Yes, the blame goes both ways, but the massive scale and brutality the trans Atlantic slavery attained should be attributed to the European invaders, and them alone.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by musicwriter(m): 12:26am On Jan 27, 2017
mellinjaga:

It's very unfortunate the one subject that would set you free is the same thing you reject. What a pity!!.

I've given you a link to read about the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa. It's up to you to read and come to knowledge of the truth or continue to remain in the dark believing lies Europeans fed you.

For your information, anybody could be conquered. Conquering empires is littered in the whole of history. Germany during the reign of Adolf Hitler defeated France, Britain, Poland, and several other nations. During the second world War US destroyed Japan. In fact, if Rome could be conquered, anybody could be conquered.

If you understand history you'll understand we are just in a "stage" today and that we could come back from behind to take over the world again.

We were not conquered for lack of able bodied men and women, but because we did not evolve building war equipments. We invested in arts. We were building pyramids, inventing education, singing and dancing, building magnificent artworks. Whereas Europe evolved building war equipments, because they were always at war. He who have a better ammunition wins a war.

See this YouTube video for how Europeans conquered unsuspecting peaceful nations. Only from 31:01 to 44:30 would be relevant here. If you see this video you'll understand the condition our ancestors faced battling European thieves.

NOTE: This post has been escalated on my blog. See why Europeans were able to conquer Africa and the rest of the world http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SicQs8Y9eY&itct
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by MrAboki: 12:32am On Jan 27, 2017
I have been to this place before. Very uninspiring except for that building (the first storey buikding).

I see the Mobee family have upped their game since I was last there.

If you want to see slave relics, go to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by scholes0(m): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2017
MrAboki:
I have been to this place before. Very uninspiring except for that building (the first storey buikding).

I see the Mobee family have upped their game since I was last there.

If you want to see slave relics, go to Ghana.

You are referring to Elmina castle abi?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by seguno2: 12:51am On Jan 27, 2017
musicwriter:
It's very unfortunate the one subject that would set you free is the same thing you reject. What a pity!!.

I've given you a link to read about the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa. It's up to you to read and come to knowledge of the truth or continue to remain in the dark believing lies Europeans fed you.

For your information, anybody could be conquered. Conquering empires is littered in the whole of history. Germany during the reign of Adolf Hitler defeated France, Britain, Poland, and several other nations. During the second world War US destroyed Japan. In fact, if Rome could be conquered, anybody could be conquered.

If you understand history you'll understand we are just in a "stage" today and that we could come back from behind to take over the world again.

We were not conquered for lack of able bodied men and women, but because we did not evolve building war equipments. We invested in arts. We were building pyramids, inventing education, singing and dancing, building magnificent artworks. Whereas Europe evolved building war equipments, because they were always at war. He who have a better ammunition wins a war.

See this YouTube video for how Europeans conquered unsuspecting peaceful nations. Only from 31:01 to 44:30 would be relevant here. If you see this video you'll understand the condition our ancestors faced battling European thieves.

Were there no conquering armies in Africa like the Fulanis in northern Nigeria and the Oyos in the south west?
Why are we not putting our own money to research, record and curate these historical articles in museums in Africa?
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by delishpot: 12:59am On Jan 27, 2017
Give some Nigerians chance, they would flip fellow Nigerians for Jeep and big house. If someone can do ritual killing, how hard would it be for him to sell his fellow.
Slavery was common in Nigeria when the white men came. Towns and villages we're always at war and always capturing the conquered for slaves.
The white man came and saw us divided, he decided to use our greed to his benefit. Give me certain amount of slaves, I would give you gun powder and cannon so that you can destroy your enemy from the other village. That was how they hooked us. When it became profitable, our people fell neck deep capturing and selling fellow Black brothers into slavery for profit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by XaintJoel20: 1:01am On Jan 27, 2017
scholes0:

Do you know how many Black African kings were deposed and how many kingdoms destroyed by White Europeans, because their rulers and/or people failed to co-operate with Europeans and facilitate slavery?
Yes, the blame goes both ways, but the massive scale and brutality the trans Atlantic slavery attained should be attributed to the European invaders, and them alone.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by XaintJoel20: 1:24am On Jan 27, 2017
scholes0:

I am not 'making hasty generalizations' like you pointed out. The truth is that the white knew African leaders were foolish and exploited it to their own advantage. Imagine an African king send his warriors to invade another community and take able bodied men hostage so that there would be slave to sell to the white in exchange for frivolities like mirror, gun powder, pepper, flowers and other nonsense. The bitter truth is that the slave trade continues till this day with African leaders offering their subjects for sale.

On the issue you raised, the white succeeded in disposing African kings because there were back stabbers and the King's chief and subject..

Africa would move forward when we stop trading blame...
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by XaintJoel20: 1:26am On Jan 27, 2017
delishpot:
Give some Nigerians chance, they would flip fellow Nigerians for Jeep and big house. If someone can do ritual killing, how hard would it be for him to sell his fellow.
Slavery was common in Nigeria when the white men came. Towns and villages we're always at war and always capturing the conquered for slaves.
The white man came and saw us divided, he decided to use our greed to his benefit. Give me certain amount of slaves, I would give you gun powder and cannon so that you can destroy your enemy from the other village. That was how they hooked us. When it became profitable, our people fell neck deep capturing and selling fellow Black brothers into slavery for profit.

You stole these words from my mouth....

scholes0 come and see oooooooooooooooooooooh

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by musicwriter(m): 1:35am On Jan 27, 2017
seguno2:

Were there no conquering armies in Africa like the Fulanis in northern Nigeria and the Oyos in the south west?
Why are we not putting our own money to research, record and curate these historical articles in museums in Africa?

1). There were armies of course, but not armies with powerful weapons, because we were not warring until Europeans arrived our shores and brought division among the African people. Before this our exploits were in arts, the remnants of the Bini and Ife artworks is a proof.

Also, you need to understand the pre-slavery African nations were not as large as Nigeria, for instance. The Yorbas were an independent nation then, Igbos were an independent nation, Binis were independent nation, Zulus were independent nation, Hausas were independent nation.

Therefore, if Europeans were to arrive the Igbo nation at that time and a war ensued, only Igbos would fight their own war as a nation. You can imagine the small army without weapons!!. Europeans simply took advantage of this small pieces on nations scattered all over Africa which was easy to defeat. All these I explained in the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa, link earlier given. You can also watch this YouTube video to see how the Bini Oba Ovonramwen, was conquered and you'll see there were armies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2sU3zTVkI4&itct

2. Most of our historical artifacts has already been stolen by Britain, US, France, Germany. Their museums in Europe and America is littered with stolen African artworks. Everything was stolen!. Nothing is left!!. And we don't care to bring them back and curate them, because before leaving Europeans installed a brainwashing education telling us it doesn't matter- which is why you have some people on this thread telling you the historical materials in Badagri should be destroyed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by preselect(m): 3:30am On Jan 27, 2017
oyibo do things o. e good make we de know our history more and more.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by blingxx(m): 6:51am On Jan 27, 2017
oladom1:
slavery is nothing to be proud of . destroy the museum and build a brighter future

my thoughts exactly this is a disgrace to the entire black race
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by blackfase(m): 6:55am On Jan 27, 2017
Isn't it instructive to also admit we've been shackled and enslaved by same religion they brought?

Africans will never receive sense aswear.....

mayorchelsea:
For the religious lunatics,these are the same white people that brought Christianity to us and at the same time sold many Africans into slavery;imagine humans buying and selling other humans.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by adecz: 6:58am On Jan 27, 2017
What people should know about slave trade is that, it was our own people that caught & enslaved their fellow brothers, oyibo just came to buy what our black dealers were selling. Oyibo did not enter the country to catch slaves. If your own people can be heartland, merciless & greedy enough to catch & enslave you for money, why do you expect oyibo to treat you any better? In fact, when oyibo later decided to end the evil trade, the African kingdoms & dealers who were making so much money from enslaving & selling their brothers, bitterly resisted it. The Fulani & Borno slave raiding of the middle belt tribes started before oyibo came to Africa. undecided
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by seenter84: 7:01am On Jan 27, 2017
White heartless gan o
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by blingxx(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2017
oladom1:
this should be taught

yes u just reminded me of Mansa musa ..the only African that still gives white man headache according to his wealth
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by lielbree: 7:13am On Jan 27, 2017
oladom1:
slavery is nothing to be proud of . destroy the museum and build a brighter future
But the memories of the children of our ancestors must be kept alive. Only God knows how much those people suffered...
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 27, 2017
musicwriter:

you seem to ignore the whole point am stating for u to see my friend... The history books you read are all lies... And I trust the link was compiled by whites... I read to know and not believe... You believe but have failed to research your own truth... I pointed out a Natural stone that can help you see the past if things that transpired but no u prefer what someone else said... Am not asking you to believe me... No but I pointed out a way you can see the truth yourself cos that's how I found out.... Gemstones are powerful and they can reveal so much... There are trees that has existed for like forever they have these knowledge cos they see... Only if u are can telepath then they will tell you tons of things that went on...

Like Bob Marley said (you should know and not believe) I don't believe anything a white person said about my own history...

Research and know the truth... Peace
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 27, 2017
musicwriter:

you seem to ignore the whole point am stating for u to see my friend... The history books you read are all lies... And I trust the link was compiled by whites... I read to know and not believe... You believe but have failed to research your own truth... I pointed out a Natural stone that can help you see the past if things that transpired but no u prefer what someone else said... Am not asking you to believe me... No but I pointed out a way you can see the truth yourself cos that's how I found out.... Gemstones are powerful and they can reveal so much... There are trees that has existed for like forever they have these knowledge cos they see... Only if u are can telepath then they will tell you tons of things that went on...

Like Bob Marley said (you should know and not believe) I don't believe anything a white person said about my own history...

Research and know the truth...and am not in bandage... Have been free from the brainwashing in 2015..yiu my friend needs the freedom here.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 27, 2017
delishpot:
exactly what I was explaining to someone here but lies has blinded him. No point blaming the whites for the whole thing. Our ancestors allowed the trash happen

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2017
scholes0:

see person forefathers o.. Chai..
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Emmybabs4eva(m): 7:44am On Jan 27, 2017
I wonder the level of mental torture our forefathers are exposed to during this period of slavery and enchantment. We fought hard and regained independent but am still sad and embattled that those common social amenities and infrastructures can't be provided for the common citizen. Developed countries ensured these facilities like good road, electricity, transportation, employment, food competition among groceries, security plus good governance( where everyone is equally treated) the citizen are less worried with the provisions mentioned above but would rather have a peaceful protest when the feel some basic rights are reduced or not working effectively. We still have a long way into becoming a developed society Africa. Peace
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by longerthroat(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2017
yet they claimed to have brought religion of freedom & salvation to us with those chains & torture... AFRICA WAKE UP!
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Life4Varnity: 8:54am On Jan 27, 2017
otipoju:

No matter the name you give to shit, shit na still shit.

Call it whatever you like to soothe your conscience, a thief is a thief.

Tell me you guys don't defraud black Americans or steal customers monies from their accounts in the bank.

Thats your business

who u epp ?
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by musicwriter(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2017
mellinjaga:

Research and know the truth...and am not in bandage... Have been free from the brainwashing in 2015..yiu my friend needs the freedom here.

I can safely conclude you didn't read the link given or see the videos, cause everything you said here is exactly the opposite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Migration: The Long Road To Canada / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos / Accident On Nsukka-Obollo Road, Enugu: Five Dead, Two Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.