Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (666 Views)

Furious Nigerians Blast Tuface For Canceling The Proposed Nationwide Protest / Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by LorDBolton(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
I write this while riding the BRT , which is a pleasurable experience everytime. smiley

Anyway straight to the issue: please *What exactly are they protesting?? And **what are their demands??

Ok I understand the protests... but their demands? It's laughable!

You see africa ryt now is a cesspool of ignorant individuals, which is why devt...sustainable development eludes us and will continue to elude us.

During The subsidy protest I was home playing ps2 while using channels like radio via the "2nd parlour" tv

Why? Cos it was actually baseless, missionless, visionless and ultimately fruitless... and when NLC settled for 74, 84 abi 94 naira p/l all of u DIDNT RETURN TO THE STREETS to demand total reversal!!! So why protest in the first place??

What has happened to nigeria's local refining capacity since 2012 subsidy protest?

what has happened to PIB? We used to have the petroleum trust fund, has it been relaunched?

WHAT EXACTLY HAS CHANGED IN THE PETROLEUM SECTOR SINCE 2012?

That's just one example of why this protest will fail

Lemme not digress much, this is 2017. Let's focus on their 'protest march'
I read the mail on another thread and their demands were aimless and scattergun!

It's not a protest March...it's a complaint march! And like 2012 am not interested in the 2017 complaint march

I'll glady join a March and even take a bullet in the head for the cause when I see a group of individuals with well stated objective(s) and clearly outlined demands

Things like:

A-- review of our present system of govt (which is too expensive to run)

B-- Full practice of full federalism (including fiscal) and delimitation of federal powers (abuja politics is killing us)

C--- scrapping the federal character laws and replacing them with personality laws (achievement/track record, integrity tests, efcc/dss investigations etc... imagine an ambassadorial nominee couldn't recite our national anthem! And people were actually defending her). Automatically she shold be blacklisted from future govt jobs

D-- Tighter controls and regulation in the labour markets (the exploitation , illegal sacking without compensation etc is getting too much)

E-- Tighter controls on new media... propagandist n fake news peddlers are presently having a field day

F-- Review laws that are presently stifling growth in various sectors like RAIL, POWER, POLICE, PIB etc! Aren't ya'll tired of boarding bus from lag to benin? Lag to abuja?

G--- Strengthening anti-corruption agencies and anti-corruption laws, except the recent conviction of subsidy scammers can anyone mention ANOTHER NOTABLE CONVICTION BY EFCC? ICPC?
I also liked the 'whistle blower suggestion by efcc.

H--- making more appointment offices open to annual confidence votes i.e public defenders, customs bosses, igp, CBN etc this could be via online or e-channels etc.

This is just a few which I mentioned off the top of my head n haven't streamlined em.

Pls check this link and tell me WHERE ANY OF WHAT I LISTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN THERE.

https://www.nairaland.com/3591731/calling-nationwide-protest-nigeria-mature

Look at this point I want to highlight :

The need to stop local government allocations till they start functioning constitutionally.

Tell me brothers and sisters... does this look like what a REASONABLE person will suggest?

Better stay at home on 5 February UNTIL A FOCUSED SET OF PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS START A REAL PROTEST.

Also you're free to join... go and complain If you wish.

The mail reeks of PDP and anything PDP I DONT wanna go near, 2012 was ACN/CPC orchestrated protest and what was the result?= BUHARI.

when will THE NIGERIANS REALLY PROTEST??

NB: if you couldn't read my whole text yet u feel the need to comment...then you're part of this nations problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by Carbeenz(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
okay
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by gwanggaeto(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
LorDBolton:
I write this while riding the BRT , which is a pleasurable experience everytime. smiley

Anyway straight to the issue: please *What exactly are they protesting?? And **what are their demands??

Ok I understand the protests... but their demands? It's laughable!

You see africa ryt now is a cesspool of ignorant individuals, which is why devt...sustainable development eludes us and will continue to elude us.

During The subsidy protest I was home playing ps2 while using channels like radio via the "2nd parlour" tv

Why? Cos it was actually baseless, missionless, visionless and ultimately fruitless... and when NLC settled for 74, 84 abi 94 naira p/l all of u DIDNT RETURN TO THE STREETS to demand total reversal!!! So why protest in the first place??

What has happened to nigeria's local refining capacity since 2012 subsidy protest?

what has happened to PIB? We used to have the petroleum trust fund, has it been relaunched?

WHAT EXACTLY HAS CHANGED IN THE PETROLEUM SECTOR SINCE 2012?

That's just one example of why this protest will fail

Lemme not digress much, this is 2017. Let's focus on their 'protest march'
I read the mail on another thread and their demands were aimless and scattergun!

It's not a protest March...it's a complaint march! And like 2012 am not interested in the 2017 complaint march

I'll glady join a March and even take a bullet in the head for the cause when I see a group of individuals with well stated objective(s) and clearly outlined demands

Things like:

A-- review of our present system of govt (which is too expensive to run)

B-- Full practice of full federalism (including fiscal) and delimitation of federal powers (abuja politics is killing us)

C--- scrapping the federal character laws and replacing them with personality laws (achievement/track record, integrity tests, efcc/dss investigations etc... imagine an ambassadorial nominee couldn't recite our national anthem! And people were actually defending her). Automatically she shold be blacklisted from future govt jobs

D-- Tighter controls and regulation in the labour markets (the exploitation , illegal sacking without compensation etc is getting too much)

E-- Tighter controls on new media... propagandist n fake news peddlers are presently having a field day

F-- Review laws that are presently stifling growth in various sectors like RAIL, POWER, POLICE, PIB etc! Aren't ya'll tired of boarding bus from lag to benin? Lag to abuja?

G--- Strengthening anti-corruption agencies and anti-corruption laws, except the recent conviction of subsidy scammers can anyone mention ANOTHER NOTABLE CONVICTION BY EFCC? ICPC?
I also liked the 'whistle blower suggestion by efcc.

H--- making more appointment offices open to annual confidence votes i.e public defenders, customs bosses, igp, CBN etc this could be via online or e-channels etc.

This is just a few which I mentioned off the top of my head n haven't streamlined em.

Pls check this link and tell me WHERE ANY OF WHAT I LISTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN THERE.

https://www.nairaland.com/3591731/calling-nationwide-protest-nigeria-mature

Look at this point I want to highlight :

The need to stop local government allocations till they start functioning constitutionally.

Tell me brothers and sisters... does this look like what a REASONABLE person will suggest?

Better stay at home on 5 February UNTIL A FOCUSED SET OF PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS START A REAL PROTEST.

Also you're free to join... go and complain If you wish.

The mail reeks of PDP and anything PDP I DONT wanna go near, 2012 was ACN/CPC orchestrated protest and what was the result?= BUHARI.

when will THE NIGERIANS REALLY PROTEST??

NB: if you couldn't read my whole text yet u feel the need to comment...then you're part of this nations problem.

Nice Post... Nigerians will never learn... Until they have a clear demand, people protesting are just wasting their time..
Re: My Thoughts On The Proposed Nationwide Protest by babyfaceafrica: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
I concur...but some people will still allow buratai use them do shooting practice

(1) (Reply)

Civil Defence, Peace Corps In Turf War! / I Know What It Takes To Stop Killings In Southern Kaduna – Goodluck Jonathan / Governor Wike Hails Acting President Osinbajo At 60.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.