Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37364 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2010
illusion2:

Greetings muhsin,you needn't bother yourself with semantics my friend,rather focus on the issues. A scholar is a student & all students are scholars. But if it bothers you ,I will remove your name from my prev post. Cheers, wink

I am not that annoyed. But I still view the title as a misnormer. lol!

Thanks for this,but I disagree that there's no contradiction.

1. It clearly refers to people of the book,but even if it doesn't does that mean the idolatrous people can be forced?
Not just forced. Idolatrous people who aggree to live in Islamic state could be forced, for they know of the rules and regulation laid down by Islam which prescribe to them paying of tax. Relatively enough, even today foreigners pay tax dues in Europe and America. What do you think will be done to them if they refuse to pay?

Also many muslims regard christians as idolator because they believ in the Trinity,wear the cross etc. So can't this definition be extended to christians?

Qur'an clearly differentiates between those two. Have you really checked up the verse (98:1) above? Read it: Lam yakuni allatheena kafaroo min ahli alkitabi waal mushrikeena munfakkeena hatta tatiyahumu albayyinatu (IT IS NOT [conceivable] that such as are bent on denying the truth - [be they] from among the followers of earlier revelation or from among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God [1] should ever be abandoned [by Him] ere there comes unto them the [full] evidence of the truthsmiley.
Thus forget whatsoever one does; followers can't determine accurately what any religion actually teaches. And you know this, right?

2. if we are to take all scriptures in context & history,shouldn't the issue of number of wives,eating of pigs,alcohol,smoking be also taken in their proper historical context?
We should either take EVERYTHING in context or take NONE. Picking what to take in historical context ,I feel may not be the wishes of Allah & his prophet. Correct me if Im wrong.

I don't fully grasp what you are saying here. Do you mean to say historical context should matter when one is citing a verse (s)? Or else forget citing any as reference? That really cannot be the case, not at all. Why many books are written on that if it's not that of huge significance? We've, in Islam, books that talk about Asbaabul-Nuzuul, i.e. Purposes of Revelations. Many verses' revelation reasons/causes are extensively elaborate, helping the reader understand things more.

Any way, you can clarify your meaning further if I got you wrong.

As per the Surah 9:29 above,don't you think if for example (God forbid !) Nigeria becomes an islamic country,genuine muslim leaders or someone from the 'Islamic Shura council',could pick up this 9:29 & force all non-muslims to convert & pay the prescibed tax.

Hmm. Don't be that naive (lol!). The verse, as explained before, does not say all non-Muslims. Rather those who broke the treaty of Hudaybiya and murdered innocent people. In fact the reason for fighting is given in verse 10 and 13, which shows that fighting them was because of their aggression and not because of their rejection of Islam. Muslims are not permitted (anywhere) to attack non-Muslims who signed peace pacts with them, or non-Muslims who live under the protection of the Islamic State.

Now lets examine what verses 10 and 13 say:

"9:10--respecting no tie and no protective obligation with regard to a believer; and it is they, they who transgress the bounds of what is right!"

9:13--Would you, perchance, fail to fight against people who have broken their solemn pledges, and have done all that they could to drive the Apostle away, [20] and have been first to attack you? Do you hold them in awe? Nay, it is God alone of whom you ought to stand in awe, [21] if you are [truly] believers!

The answer to your question, as we can apparently deduce, is NO!

I feel we can't just explain this verse away ,IMO.

smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
LB,why is pork forbidden?Is it Unclean or what?Also,i dont understand why my hair or what i do with my hair shld bother anyone or God,so tell me ,which reason precisely made cutting of hair a sin undecided
I want to hear more abt Tasheba sp.Is it mandatory to use it?how many times in a day shld one use/pray with it.
Infact,tell me everything abt Tasheba.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
ifyalways:

LB,why is pork forbidden?Is it Unclean or what?Also,i dont understand why my hair or what i do with my hair shld bother anyone or God,so tell me ,which reason precisely made cutting of hair a sin undecided
I want to hear more abt Tasheba sp.Is it mandatory to use it?how many times in a day shld one use/pray with it.
Infact,tell me everything abt Tasheba.

The issue of cutting a woman’s hair is not a major sin like I said and I haven’t included it in the list. The cutting in my opinion is not the normal trimming and styling a woman does to make her look attractive to her husband but it is the shaving of hair of a woman that is discouraged with the exception of shaving due to cancer or other health reasons. Shaving falls under women not looking like men and vice versa.

And God knows best.

The tusbah/tasbih/sibha is just an instrument to count the number of dhikr you do. It isn’t mandatory for anyone to use it as you could count on your fingers or use any other counting tool you may so wish. The important thing here is not the sibha itself but the dhikr (remeberance of God) which should be done constantly. Like I said earlier if you so wish or ask I will elaborate on the concept of dhikr in islam , underastanding it will enable you understand the use of the tasbeeh/sibha.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Lagosboy,oh u blow my mind,what a beautiful thread,Alfa mi owon,may the ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS you whereever you may be,this thread is like honey to my soul i swear
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,oh u blow my mind,what a beautiful thread,Alfa mi owon,may the ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS you whereever you may be,this thread is like honey to my soul i swear

Ameen sis and you too, may Allah accept all our efforts
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tanimz(f): 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ Lagosboy, may Allah continue to increase you in Iman.

Is it compulsory to make wudu (ablution) before holding a Quran and reading from it?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2010
Lagosboy:

The issue of cutting a woman’s hair is not a major sin like I said and I haven’t included it in the list. The cutting in my opinion is not the normal trimming and styling a woman does to make her look attractive to her husband but it is the shaving of hair of a woman that is discouraged with the exception of shaving due to cancer or other health reasons. Shaving falls under women not looking like men and vice versa.

And God knows best.

The tusbah/tasbih/sibha is just an instrument to count the number of dhikr you do. It isn’t mandatory for anyone to use it as you could count on your fingers or use any other counting tool you may so wish. The important thing here is not the sibha itself but the dhikr (remeberance of God) which should be done constantly. Like I said earlier if you so wish or ask I will elaborate on the concept of dhikr in islam , underastanding it will enable you understand the use of the tasbeeh/sibha.

Lets talk abt the Dhikr then.I have a question but i guess it wud be after the Dhikr lectures.
My Jumai yesterday was intresting.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
ifyalways:

Lets talk abt the Dhikr then.I have a question but i guess it wud be after the Dhikr lectures.

Oh that is interesting , what was the sermon on at jumah on Friday?

Dhikr means the remembrance of Allah. The remembrance of Allah is one of the most important thing in islam if not the most important thing in islam. All other deeds are built on dhikr and an example will be salah. The quran says wa aqimi salati li dhikr "So establish salah for my remembrance" Q20 v14. From this verse we establish a principle in islam which is the purpose of our 5 daily salah is to remember Allah in a formal way and better still in a formal congregational way.

Dhikr is the essence of worship, weapon against enemies, guard against evil medicine to fight hypocrisy, the means to achieve goals and a method to illuminate the heart, it is a ladder to climb the heights of Islamic spirituality. Dhikr has no limit or restrictions except for the 5 pillars which has modes and methods. Dhikr entails invocation of the names of God while remembering him the heart, recitation of the qur'an , chanting the praise of Allah and celebrating his names and might. Dhikr can only be done in Arabic as it is different from supplication which can be done in any language.

There are hundreds of verses in the quran which highlighs the importance of dhikr and examples are below:

3:190-191): "[i]The creation of heaven and earth and the changes of night and day are signs for people who have wisdom- -- Those who remember (and recite and call) Allah standing up, sitting, and lying on their sides." `[/i] This highlights dhikr can be done in any informal way which means Allah wants a heart to constantly be in conection to him while he chants his praises. In a hadith in muslim it is reported the the Prophet said PBUH "If your hearts were always in the state that they are in during dhikr, the angels would come to see you to the point that they would greet you in the middle of the road". Another hadith says "The People of Paradise will not regret except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by and in which they made no remembrance of Allah."

"Lo! Worship guards one from lewdness and iniquity, but verily, remembrance of Allah is greater/more important." (29:45)

"He is successful who purifies himself, and remembers the name of his Lord, and so prays." (87:14-15)

Another hadith explains "A man came to the Prophet and said, "O Prophet of Allah, the laws and conditions of Islam have become too many for me. Tell me something that I can always keep (i.e. in particular, as opposed to the many rules and conditions that must be kept in general)."  The Prophet said: "(I am advising you in one thingsmiley Keep your tongue always moist with dhikrullah."

The explanation of this hadith means that aside the 5 pillars of islam the man was not sure he could keep all other rules/guidance and wanted a means to keep him safe and the prophet advised him. When a man is in constant remembrance of his lord obviously he would refrain from sins.

Ify there is so much to talk about on the concept of dhikr and i can not exhaust it all in one go, inshallah with time we would advance in knowledge on this important subject. Before i stop a scholar of Islam Ibn hajar one said there is no good deed except with dhikr as a precondition for its validity, and whoever does not remember Allah in his heart at the time of his charity or fasting, for example, then his deed is incomplete: therefore dhikr is the best of deeds because of this.

Also, there are some rules in the shariah regarding dhikr and some muslims out of lack of knowledge engage in some practices which have no basis in islam which is have gathering of dhikr (nothing wrong with that) but now the play flutes and dance and go into trance of some sorts etc such practices are wrong and have no basis in islam.

Gathering of dhikr are encouraged in islam and i conclude with the narration:

The Prophet PBUH said that there are special angels that roam the Earth, looking for gatherings of dhikr. When they find a group they call one another and encompass the gathering in layers until the first heaven. After the gathering glorifies Allah (swt) the angels return to their lord.

Allah (swt) asks His angels, Where have you been? (Even though He already knows; when one loves someone he loves hearing his name mentioned by others). The angels will inform Allah (swt) of the name of the gathering. Allah (swt) will ask His angels "What were my servants doing?" The angels will reply: "They were praising You, magnifying Your Name and glorifying You. Allah (swt) will ask them "Have they seen Me?" The angels will answer: "No, By Allah! They have not seen You." Allah (swt) will say: "(They are praising Me without seeing Me,) what if they had seen Me" The angels would answer: "O Lord, if they had seen You, they would have glorified You more intensely. Allah (swt) will say: "What were they asking for?" the angels will reply "They were asking for Paradise!" Allah (swt) will say: "Have they seen Paradise?" The angels will say: "By Allah, no, they have not seen it." Allah (swt) will say "What would they do if they had seen it?" The angels will reply: "If they had seen Paradise, they would become more attached and attracted to it, and would seek it with a greater zeal and enthusiasm!" Allah would ask the angels What were they seeking refuge from? The angels will reply they were seeking refuge from the Hell (fire). Allah would then ask the angels: "Have they seen the Hell (fire)?" The angels will say: "By Allah, no, they have not seen it." Allah will say "What would they do if they had seen it?" The angels will reply: "If they had seen the Hell (fire), they would fear it even more and ask refuge from it with greater intensity. Then Allah will say to the angels I make you witnesses that I have forgiven them. One of the angels will say: "O my Lord, someone was there who did not belong to that group, but came for some other need." (That person came for some purpose other than dhikr.) Allah will inform the angels that "The benefits of sitting in a gathering of Dhikr are such that anyone who sits with them, for whatever reason will also have his sins forgiven (Bukhari, Muslim).

A gathering of you , your husband and children is considered a gathering of dhikr.

And Allah knows best

N.B I have only briefly touched on this subject and it is in now way exhaustive. What was the question you had in mind
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
tanimz:

@ Lagosboy, may Allah continue to increase you in Iman.

Is it compulsory to make wudu (ablution) before holding a Quran and reading from it?

Long time Tanmiz hope your well and good. wink

there is difference of opinion among scholars on this issue some have said it is compulsory while some have said it is not.

The verse in the quran "None shall touch it except the purified" Q56 v 79 have been used to justify having wudu before touching the quran. Some scholars have said you do not need to have wudu before reading it from memory but you need wudu before touching it.

My humble submission to this is , yes it is recommended to have wudu before reading from the quran for dhikr purposes and sorts but in circumstances like you are on the bus and reading the quran and you pass wind and you are not able to make wudu that does not mean you cannot keep on reading it.

In conclusion according to some of the scholars it is Mandub (recommended) to have wudu but it is not wajib (compulsory). Others have said it is wajib. Personally i am inclined to the scholars that termed it mandub, common sense tells anyone it is better to be purified but in difficult circumstance not having wudu should not be a deterrent from reading the quran and saving one self from the shaiytan.

And God knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2010
illusion2:

This is one of my main problems with islam. . . .walahi ! Why should women be compelled to shave their pubic hair

Buddie, this should not be your main problem in the least as a simple independent 10 min research would have explained to you that your assertion is not correct.

Islam does not compel women to shave their pubic hair but islam compels all muslims men and women to always shave their pubic hair, arm pit , cut their nails, clean the teeth and keep clean. This is one of the guidance in islam and practicality of our faith as it is not just about worship it is a complete system like i always say. The prophet always encouraged cleanliness in all aspects of life and shaving is a form of cleanliness a shaved arm pit will not emit bad odor. I wonder how you will have any issue with shaving undecided

In fiqh u sunnah it explains that there are 5 main traditions of all prophets of God and they include shaving of the pubic hair, arm pit, cutting the nails, circumcision for men and i cant remember the fifth. We are to shave once a week , recommended on fridays and then make ghusl and proceed to jumah prayers. The maximum number of days to go without shaving is 40 days after which one has no excuse again.

And God knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
@IFY

Please and please could you send me an email to lagosboynl@gmail.com I would like to ask you an important question but not here.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2010
Lagosboy:

Buddie, this should not be your main problem in the least as a simple independent 10 min research would have explained to you that your assertion is not correct.

Islam does not compel women to shave their pubic hair but islam compels all muslims men and women to always shave their pubic hair, arm pit , cut their nails, clean the teeth and keep clean. This is one of the guidance in islam and practicality of our faith as it is not just about worship it is a complete system like i always say. The prophet always encouraged cleanliness in all aspects of life and shaving is a form of cleanliness a shaved arm pit will not emit bad odor. I wonder how you will have any issue with shaving undecided

In fiqh u sunnah it explains that there are 5 main traditions of all prophets of God and they include shaving of the pubic hair, arm pit, cutting the nails, circumcision for men and i cant remember the fifth. We are to shave once a week , recommended on fridays and then make ghusl and proceed to jumah prayers. The maximum number of days to go without shaving is 40 days after which one has no excuse again.

And God knows best.
Thanks LagosBoy,I just found out my initial post has been deleted.

@Jarus-I normally avoid joining issues with modeartors but I really feel the level of censorship on this board is getting ridiculous!

One of the earmarks of a great mind is the ability to accept contrary views. I asked a simple question which the well respected Lagosboy has responded to, in detail.

We need to be conscious of INTOLERANCE ! Most times we assume its the uneducated ,unelightened that are intolerant,but actually the level of intolerance exhibited by 'the educated' is unbelievable,tho' exposure also counts(no offence).

You do not have to agree with everything everybody posts,but the individual right to make comments must never be denied.

Please take time & dwell on this.

Thanks again Lagosboy,but I find the issue of hair a bit contradictory,in the sense that muslim men are encouraged to keep their beards & I must confess a lot of 'alfas' look so unkempt with their beards,that the very notion that they are upholding some Qu'ran inspired hygiene standard is highly debatable. . . .as a matter of fact this 'uncleanliness' is one of the the main reasons people don't have a positive view of muslims.

Lagosboy:

I wonder how you will have any issue with shaving undecided
Armpit shaving is very necessary IMO,but pubic hair (well groomed of course ) cheesy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2010
is IFY now a muslim?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
illusion2:

Thanks LagosBoy,I just found out my initial post has been deleted.

@Jarus-I normally avoid joining issues with modeartors but I really feel the level of censorship on this board is getting ridiculous!

One of the earmarks of a great mind is the ability to accept contrary views. I asked a simple question which the well respected Lagosboy has responded to, in detail.

We need to be conscious of INTOLERANCE ! Most times we assume its the uneducated ,unelightened that are intolerant,but actually the level of intolerance exhibited by 'the educated' is unbelievable,tho' exposure also counts(no offence).

You do not have to agree with everything everybody posts,but the individual right to make comments must never be denied.

Please take time & dwell on this.
Noted.
I have taken special interest to guard this thread given the fact that it's basically a dialogue between two people. Maybe in the process of cleaning it, I may have deleted what I'm nopt meant to.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2010
uplawal:

is IFY now a muslim?

Read what she had to say:
ifyalways:

smiley
Jarus:

Noted.
I have taken special interest to guard this thread given the fact that it's basically a dialogue between two people. Maybe in the process of cleaning it, I may have deleted what I'm nopt meant to.

Very fair of you, Jarus.

@illusion2,

I wish you all the best in life.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
@LB,wud do that wink
lots to read here,wud do that laters then start throwing my questions.lol
uplawal:

is IFY now a muslim?
LOL.
Nothing happens by accident,Yes I'm on my way to becoming one,still have some unanswered questions though.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2010
ifyalways:

@LB,wud do that wink
lots to read here,wud do that laters then start throwing my questions.lolLOL.
Nothing happens by accident,Yes I'm on my way to becoming one,still have some unanswered questions though.

I would expect that.

How did you find the introduction to dhikr, i bet you will also have a few queries regarding it .
What was the question you had in mind. Also would like to know the list of the unanswered questions lols. Soon inshallah we will withness your shahadah on here  wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
@IFY,if you do,uve choosen a right choice, i was one of the christians before until i found the true light in ISLAM,Just early 2009,and Alhamdullilah,Allah made it easy for me

i have an Ibo friend too that is now a practicing muslim,cos everyone is just tired of the lies surrounding christianity
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 11:24am On Feb 09, 2010
Jarus:

Noted.
Nice one bro. . .you're cool wink

muhsin:

Read what she had to say: smiley
Very fair of you, Jarus.

@illusion2,

I wish you all the best in life.
Same to you bro.

I wish all nigerians could practice their faith with mutual respect.

Like i was telling someone some time ago. . .christians & muslims waste so much time/energy sparring each oher . . .that we forget Hinduism,buddhism,shito etc still exist on earth with billions of adherents & none has any similarities to Christianity & Islam.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by muhsin(m): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
illusion2:

Same to you bro.

I wish all nigerians could practice their faith with mutual respect.

Like i was telling someone some time ago. . .christians & muslims waste so much time/energy sparring each oher . . .that we forget Hinduism,buddhism,shito etc still exist on earth with billions of adherents & none has any similarities to Christianity & Islam.

Actually not everybody does that, for example that Islamic bomb preacher Dr. Zakir Naik fiercely debates and in the course converts a number of Hindu followers to Islam. And I am sure there are many of them here and there in the world. Only this part of the world lacks this.

May Allah guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by tanimz(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ Lagosboy, Im doing fine, Alhamdullilah, thanks. May Allah continue to increase you in knowledge and understanding. Have a blessed day.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2010
uplawal:

@IFY,if you do,uve choosen a right choice, i was one of the christians before until i found the true light in ISLAM,Just early 2009,and Alhamdullilah,Allah made it easy for me

i have an Ibo friend too that is now a practicing muslim,cos everyone is just tired of the lies surrounding christianity
There are no lies in christianity. We should learn to seperate people from the faith itself. A pastor/priest can steal,rape do all sorts but that has nothing to do with the faith.

People blow up themselves ,kill fellow Muslims in the name of islam,does that mean islam is all about killing & maiming?? Always resolve issues intelligently. Its the same thing we carry into politics. . .hausa is the problem . . .no its ibo. . . .no its awolowo & his kinsmen etc.

Human beings will ALWAYS disappoint you & thats why real believers (Muslim ,christians etc) should always focus on their God & no one else.

Imams,pastors always have personal opinion/agenda ,so always learn to seperate the MESSAGE FROM THE MESSENGER !

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2010
mr illusion pls spare me,even Allah knows their book is full of lies and there in it contain little truth,dnt try to make peace by saying wrong thing,or is it truth that generations have been deceived by their forged book and that Jesus died?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 2:39am On Feb 11, 2010
uplawal:

mr illusion pls spare me,even Allah knows their book is full of lies and there in it contain little truth,dnt try to make peace by saying wrong thing,or is it truth that generations have been deceived by their forged book and that Jesus died?

That means the koran lies as well or may be you don't read it. Talking about Jesus, your holy book said he is gonna be the yardstick of purity by which all mortals will be judged.

You were a Christian but I doubt you read the bible otherwise you will not make such a statement because the Koran is a product of the old testament.

By saying such you mean the Koran is all lies going by your statement.

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2010
uplawal:

You see,I have studied human beings(Psychology) and i have found out its is almost impossible to change someone's mind ,especially when they have been
1.Brainwashed
2.Believe strongly in a cause.

And ,with all due respects,you are under one of these.

Its this same 'I am very sure of my point of view',that will allow a young Nigerian with wealthy parents & promising future to emmersh himself in Middle East politics & try to blow up  himself with the belief that Allah will bless him abundantly.

Its this same mindset that will make hitherto caring neighbours and friends attack each other in the name of a religion they met on earth & will definitely leave on earth when they die.

To you uplawal,I want to tell you many billions of people have passed on the surface of the earth even  before you. . .  .billions before christianity & islam & billions most likely after you have passed on (in ripe old age of course).

So don't assume you have come across some 'new found' truth about life within the last year or so.

Hold fast to your beliefs,but don't cast aspersion on others. We all see things from our point of view never from the other side.

What is the TRUTH to you may be clear FALSEHOOD to others,so never assume you know it all my dear. . . because YOU DO NOT.

I have taken time to write this because I feel most of us treat religion like Manchester United vs Arsenal football game . . . .US vs THEM.

We are the best they are not.

Focus on your faith,read your holy book. . . do good to your fellow human beings and don't insult other people's beliefs.

Thats my conclusion. . . . .l

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 11, 2010
@agaba123, The Quran is intact and not corrupted like the bible,if u say the Quran to be the product of the oldtestament,thats a pure lie,what we have now is not the books ALLAH gave moses and Jesus,though some little truth is there and most is full of big authentic lies,so it can never be compared

@illusions, thank you for your comment,but all the same, i can still humbly say that ISLAM stands right from the beginning(Adam till date,so what are u saying?its what we call submission to GOD,like u said,billions av passed before me,but there are always messengers to them to submit apart from the prominent messengers,all telling people to submit and call them to monotheism,and if anyone of them then is found dead in partnership GOD with gods,God inflicts his punishment on them,and the QURAN is the last messege to mankind to still call mankind to monotheism.

Also,to let you know,those in the time of Jesus,those that refused to believe in the INJIL and not the fake new testament you carry about will end up in Hellfire as well if they die in disbelief of the INJIL,hope that is clear
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
uplawal:

Also,to let you know,those in the time of Jesus,those that refused to believe in the INJIL and not the fake new testament you carry about will end up in Hellfire as well if they die in disbelief of the INJIL,hope that is clear

I laugh in Arabic grin grin grin grin, are you 100% sure of what you have typed above?

Can you bet your life on it? undecided

Open your mind & stop these wild assertions.

You have NEVER seen God before & all you have now is BELIEF.

So don't say things with all confidence,because you really cannot confirm anythng you have said 100% !

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2010
i dnt need to bet my life on it,but is the fact am telling you,ask people and not people that will deceive you into teling you that is not true,ask more good brains,and i believe in the Quran 100% cos is God speaking in there and no one else
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
uplawal:

i dnt need to bet my life on it,but is the fact am telling you,ask people and not people that will deceive you into teling you that is not true,ask more good brains,and i believe in the Quran 100% cos is God speaking in there and no one else

Ask people ke ? I'm asking you. Anything you cannot bet your life on isn't 100% true,the lesson is open your mind & stop all these childish generalisations.

On the infallibility of the Qu'ran have a look at these 4 really simple examples :

*Note I'm not trying to cast aspersions on Islam,I just want you to use your God given mind & stop stereotyping. . , . . . like a popular Nigerian proverbs says "he who isn't exposed will always claim his father's farm is the largest in the world".

1. Mary and Miriam
One of the best known errors is that concerning the confusion between Mary, recorded in the Qur'an as the sister of Aaron and the daughter of Imran (Biblical Amran) as well as the mother of Jesus (by implication in suras 19:28; 66:12; 20:25-30), though the two, Mary and Miriam, lived 1,570 years apart. (God mixed up the names?)

2. Creation
Sura 86:5-7 tells us that man is created from a gushing fluid that issues from between the loins and the ribs. Therefore, in this sura we find that the semen which creates a child originates from the back or kidney of the male and not the testicles. (God could not tell the difference ?)

3. Qibla
In sura 2:142-144, we find the change of the Qibla, the direction of prayer from Mecca to Jerusalem, and back to Mecca.(God made a mistake ?)

4. Inheritance
The inheritance laws in suras 4:7; & 2:180, provides an equal share for women and men, and then is doubled for men in sura 4:11.

4:7: "From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large,-a determinate share."

Here the context gives an apparent equal share for men and women but several suras below it is contradicted:

4:11: "Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth.(The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah. and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise."

God made a mistake or changed his mind? undecided

So open your mind. . . . . . smiley

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
I will appreciate if Agaba, Uplawal and Illusion2 can open another thread to discuss whatever they want to. Let's not derail this thread please, it's a question and answer conversation between two people.

Thanks.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2010
sorry moderator,dnt know ure watching
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 2:57am On Feb 12, 2010
Mr Jarus

All respect. However I do not think we have derailed the thread in any way. The title says 'curious about Islam. In the course of discussion some things will come up and has to be addressed.

This thread is not for two people as far as I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? / Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.