Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,183 members, 7,807,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37366 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
ayettymama:

The quoran is insulting

i remember it reffering to the jews as pigs

if your saying the word infedels isnt in the qoran

translate the meaning yourself

what is it?

ayettymama:

dont forget the mistakes in the soo called perfect qoran

Lady!! If you read this thread from page 1 you will realise everyone posting has been civil in their approach to sensitive religious issues. I only mainly contribute to posts on two threads in this section because i like to avoid trading words and debating with sub intelligent and close minded people. Please i urge you to be civil in your posts or you could take your grudge and questions to another thread where you could find answers with like minded people. To say the quran is insulting depicts you level of exposure and knowledge of the quran and bible alike.

This thread is probably one of the most successful threads in this section please do not be the cancer that will affect this thread i urge you with utmost respect to your person.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2010
agabaI23:

With all due humility, you should addressed the premise from which that conclusion was drawn. You call it unintelligent and worthless because you do understand or you are ignorant of what I have referred to.

You guys have been saying that Christianity is all lies why are you so incensed?

Please from your first post on this thread at the very begining , one could depict your intentions but the thread has proven to be successful praise be to God. There is no where i have said your faith is all lies so please dont use that phrase "you guys" name names. Please I only answer queries of genuine people like IFY, Illusion, Jarzinho and other intelligent and civil christians. Please go ask your questions on another thread or better still create a new one. moderator pls take note
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
@IFY,if you do,uve choosen a right choice, i was one of the christians before until i found the true light in ISLAM,Just early 2009,and Alhamdullilah,Allah made it easy for me

i have an Ibo friend too that is now a practicing muslim,cos everyone is just tired of the lies surrounding christianity

mr illusion pls spare me,even Allah knows their book is full of lies and there in it contain little truth,dnt try to make peace by saying wrong thing,or is it truth that generations have been deceived by their forged book and that Jesus died?

Go to page 6 for this quotes LB. Why did you not caution Uplawal when she made those comments above?

Now what you have been trying to establish here is that Islam is the true religion from God?   By trying to establish that, you invariably infering that all other religions including are falsehood which means they are lies. You don't have to say it like I did for it to be true. Anyway, you said I am unintelligent.
May be it is unintelligent to decipher covert inference and intelligent to see only overt proclaimations.

I asked you question which you did not wanna answer and chose to react to the a concluding remark.

I do hope my honourable friend Jarus will not remove my post until my friend Ekoboy sees it. smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jairzinho(m): 6:02am On Mar 15, 2010
agaba123,this is the Islamic section of NL,so respect the muslim point of view.
You are at liberty to start a new thread,tho I can advise you most of what you are trying to pass across has been sufficiently discussed on NL,just do a dilligent search.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2010
agabaI23:

Now what you have been trying to establish here is that Islam is the true religion from God? By trying to establish that, you invariably infering that all other religions including are falsehood which means they are lies. You don't have to say it like I did for it to be true. Anyway, you said I am unintelligent.
May be it is unintelligent to decipher covert inference and intelligent to see only overt proclaimations.

I asked you question which you did not wanna answer and chose to react to the a concluding remark.

I do hope my honourable friend Jarus will not remove my post until my friend Ekoboy sees it. smiley

Honestly your bolded comments has no reply in my opinion otherwise what will be the point in trying to explain to someone that thinks relgious analysis is like chelsea/arsenal game in the words of my pal illusion. How on earth would someone say by trying to establish my faith is from GOD i am implicitly calling all other faiths falshood.

Do you not see the section you are in, do you not see theo origin of the thread ? do you not see the title of the thread "curious abt islam, facts abt islam" ?

My guy just take advise from Jarzinho my time is to precious to me to engage in discussions with you. You never asked a question you asked and concluded that your question was the origin of lies in islam. Tell me how that fits into an intellectual discourse? asking and concluding?

I repeat go ask your questions elsewhere i am at liberty to answer questions of my choice. Iam sure IFY is not happy with the direction of this thread at the moment.

"idile ti o ba n toro omo ale ibe o ti dagba ni" This is a famous yoruba saying please do not be the one to derail this wonderful thread and take the advice of my good friend Jarzinho

@Jarzinho its been a long time u have been here why the silence wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 15, 2010
I will appreciate if beyond this post we return to decorum and nip in the bud of this needless drift into exchange of insult.
All contributors to take note.
Thanks.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 15, 2010
@IFY,
We had an extensive discussion on Jinn, especially the evil ones among them, on this forum a couple of years ago.
You may go in and read: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-209195.0.html
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 10:43am On Mar 15, 2010
Jazakallah Jarus for the post i was trying to find it for IFY earlier on. Lets hope the thread return to decorum.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Jairzinho(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
Lagosboy:

@Jarzinho its been a long time u have been here why the silence wink
Hey. . . .Lagos bobo ! How now. . .na did SPAMBOT hit me on this Mossad thread,just got posting privileges restored yesterday !

I'm following this thread & I'm learning wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hi Jarus man, you are the man.

Jairzinho, thanks for your advice but I am also curious. i ain't going nowhere wink

And my friend Ekoboy, thanks for making a comment instead of answering my question. However you consciously ommitted the first portion of the post you quoted.
And based on that you have to apologise for selective justice. Jarus take note grin

And as per Ify being annoyed, I can assure you first hand she is not  smiley
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
keep enjoying ISLAM grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
Why I cannot become a muslim.

Sorry I have been really busy.

Again,I must repeat,I respect Islam & love muslims,& I strongly believe if i had been born into a muslim,I'd probably be the moderator of the NL Islamic section  grin .

[center]
Reason 2
[/center]

The muslim contradictions on Jesus Christ.

This is probably the most contentious difference between islam & christianity - the place of Jesus Christ,we regard him as the Son of God,many muslims believe Jesus is a very important prophet,second only to the Holy prophet.

But a look at the qu'ran shows us that only one 'prophet' was ever given the title Messiah (Al Masih)
[3.45] When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

And from islamic theology,
1. Jesus is still ALIVE !- unlike all other prophets of the Qu'ran(from Adam to the Holy prophet Mohammed(pbuh) )
2.So how can a prophet who is 2nd in importance to the Holy Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), be referred to as the Messiah (which also means Saviour ,Redeemer,Liberator etc)

Who or what is he saving,redeeming? Please respond within the context of him being 2nd to the great prophet of Islam.

No 3 on the way. . . . . . . wink

Enlightened responses please
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
Illusion good question and I will answer inshallah. Al Massih let me first clarify does not mean saviour, redeemer, liberator but rather it means the “anointed.”. You see majority of the “errors” of modern Christianity started from the language errors and errors in translation and this is where the beauty of Islam lies. Islam has always retained the original language source so as not to give room for misinterpretation and erroneous translation. Christianity did not start in English , neither was it Greek nor Hebrew Jesus spoke Aramaic which is the closest language to Arabic and a dialect of Arabic. In Aramaic and Hebrew “masiha” means nothing but anointed. In Arabic it means the same anointed. Anointed in Greek means “christos” and translating to English it means Christ. My good pal illusion this is the origin of the name Jesus Christ I just explained to you.

Anointed could mean the chosen one but never saviour, redeemer or liberator from a language perspective. It is only later generation of chrisitan that interchanged the word to mean saviour and sorts. Your question of who is he saving does not hold here as the foundation of that question is based on the word Al massih and I have broken that word down to you. Good pal there is no contradiction about Jesus PBUH in islam

Now back to the ranking. As muslims we do not make a competition between the prophets of God neither do we make distinction we love them all and adore them all. The issue of which is 1st or 2nd is a non issue in islam as they were sent at different times and different purposes. Jesus was sent and in islam we believe he told his followers of someone to come after him the quran mention this in Q61 v 6 ” . . . . . .whose name shall be Ahmad” .

I repeat here Jesus PBUH is our beloved and I urge you not to be like jews whom out of their excessive love for Moses PBUH never believed in Jesus PBUh and so the Christians as well out of their excessive love for Jesus do not believe in Muahmmad PBUH. We believe in them all and follow them all.

1 Like

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by miftaudeen(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
The word "islam" mean peace,the true religion revealed by ALLAH through His prophets to every creature of ALLAH.
ISLAM as a complete way of life which touched all aspect of creature of ALLAH,vissible and unvissible,its a religion which is uncompareable with others because its a religion of ALLAH.
As a complete way of life for all mankind, interms of political aspect,education,morality,,justice and good character e.t.c.
ALLAH {s.w.a} said in Q3 VS19 that the only true faith in ALLAH,S SIGHT IS ISLAM.
Also in Q5 VS 3, this day i have perfected ur religion 4 u and completed my favour 2 u . i have chosen
islam 2 be ur faith. ISLAM as a peace recomended by ALLAH 4 all HIS prophets including jesus and their followers.
in bible, isaiah 59 vs 8, the way of peace they know not:there is no judgement in thier goings: they ve made them crooked paths:whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
Q3 VS 85 ALLAH {S.W.A}said, he that choose a religion other than islam,it will not be accepted from him, and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.
ISLAM also mean total submition to almight ALLAH and a religion of all prophets.
Q2 VS130 TO 140, in verse 137 of the above, say we believe in ALLAH and that which is revealed to us and in what was revealed to ibrahim,ismail,ishaq,yaqub and the tribes,to musa, isa and other prophets 4rm their lord. we make no distinction between any of them, and to ALLAH we havesurrendered ourselve.
Q2 VS 208,o believers, submit all of ur to ALLAH and do not walk in satan footsteps: he is ur sworn enemy.
ISLAM IS BUILT ON FIVE PILLARS:
1> IMAN {FAITH}
2>SOLAT {prayer}
3>ZAKAT{Aims giving}
4>FASTING{in the month of ramadan}
5>PILGRIMAGE { to mekka}
may ALLAH 4give every one of us,it is compulsory to know about our religion, so we can be able to practise it very well.this is summary of insha ALLAH the explanation on the five pillars of islam will be posted later.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ronkeenuf(f): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
MESSIAH
Definition: Messiah is the transliteration of a Hebrew term, Mashiach. The New Testament (Greek) equivalent is Christos. Both terms mean "the anointed one." The verb mashach, found about 140 times in the Old Testament, means "to smear, anoint, or spread."

Description: The verb was frequently used for the ceremonial induction into leadership. Three types of leaders were anointed:

Prophets- represented God among the people (1 Kings 19:15-16).

Priests- represented the people before God through sacrifices and prayers (Ex. 28:40-41).

Kings- defended and ruled over the people on Gods behalf
(1 Sam.16:12-13).

Implications: The anointing meant that someone was authorized to serve God in a position of honor and responsibility. Divine enablement often accompanied the anointing. While many were anointed, only One was given the title of "the Anointed One."- Jesus Christ
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
agabaI23:

Go to page 6 for this quotes LB. Why did you not caution Uplawal when she made those comments above?

Now what you have been trying to establish here is that Islam is the true religion from God?   By trying to establish that, you invariably infering that all other religions including are falsehood which means they are lies. You don't have to say it like I did for it to be true. Anyway, you said I am unintelligent.

Agaba,I believe lagosboy didnt answer your question the first time cos of how u phrased it . .'now i see where the lies of Islam started".Even u as a xtian wud have taken offense if someone referred to your religion that way.Hes done no wrong by trying to prove that hes religion is the true one,Xtians,Budhits all claim their religion is the best,do u expect him to say otherwise?Biko,u can re-phrase your question and i believe Nwa lagos wud answer u accordingly.Forget abt Uplawals replies pleassssssssssssssssse. kiss
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
Jarus:

@IFY,
We had an extensive discussion on Jinn, especially the evil ones among them, on this forum a couple of years ago.
You may go in and read: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-209195.0.html
Thanks alot.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
Lagosboy:

Illusion good question and I will answer inshallah. Al Massih let me first clarify does not mean saviour, redeemer, liberator but rather it means the “anointed.”. You see majority of the “errors” of modern Christianity started from the language errors and errors in translation and this is where the beauty of Islam lies. Islam has always retained the original language source so as not to give room for misinterpretation and erroneous translation. Christianity did not start in English , neither was it Greek nor Hebrew Jesus spoke Aramaic which is the closest language to Arabic and a dialect of Arabic. In Aramaic and Hebrew “masiha” means nothing but anointed. In Arabic it means the same anointed. Anointed in Greek means “christos” and translating to English it means Christ. My good pal illusion this is the origin of the name Jesus Christ I just explained to you.

Anointed could mean the chosen one but never saviour, redeemer or liberator from a language perspective. It is only later generation of chrisitan that interchanged the word to mean saviour and sorts. Your question of who is he saving does not hold here as the foundation of that question is based on the word Al massih and I have broken that word down to you. Good pal there is no contradiction about Jesus PBUH in islam

Now back to the ranking. As muslims we do not make a competition between the prophets of God neither do we make distinction we love them all and adore them all. The issue of which is 1st or 2nd is a non issue in islam as they were sent at different times and different purposes. Jesus was sent and in islam we believe he told his followers of someone to come after him the quran mention this in Q61 v 6 ” . . . . . .whose name shall be Ahmad” .

I repeat here Jesus PBUH is our beloved and I urge you not to be like jews whom out of their excessive love for Moses PBUH never believed in Jesus PBUh and so the Christians as well out of their excessive love for Jesus do not believe in Muahmmad PBUH. We believe in them all and follow them all.

Lgosboy,Illusion started with this statement that i found intresting "And from islamic theology,
1. Jesus is still ALIVE !- unlike all other prophets of the Qu'ran(from Adam to the Holy prophet Mohammed(pbuh) )"
Is this true?If yes,where is he?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2010
ronkeenuf:

MESSIAH
Definition: Messiah is the transliteration of a Hebrew term, Mashiach. The New Testament (Greek) equivalent is Christos. Both terms mean "the anointed one." The verb mashach, found about 140 times in the Old Testament, means "to smear, anoint, or spread."
Description: The verb was frequently used for the ceremonial induction into leadership. Three types of leaders were anointed:
Prophets- represented God among the people (1 Kings 19:15-16).
Priests- represented the people before God through sacrifices and prayers (Ex. 28:40-41).
Kings- defended and ruled over the people on Gods behalf
(1 Sam.16:12-13).

Implications: The anointing meant that someone was authorized to serve God in a position of honor and responsibility. Divine enablement often accompanied the anointing. While many were anointed, only One was given the title of "the Anointed One."- Jesus Christ
@Ronke,how come no other 'prophet' was referred to as THE annointed(Al masih) in the Qu'ran including the holy prophet?

Al Masih(Arabic)=mashiah (Heb)=Messias,Christos(Greek) = Messiah,the Christ (english)

There's a difference between 'to annoit','annointing' & THE Annointed !

Yekini was our messiah in Tunisia 1994 nations cup,but he's not THE Messiah (Al Masih)- as quoted in the relevant Sunnah above,just like you have numerous gods & God !

messiah
c.1300, Messias, from L.L. Messias, from Gk. Messias, from Aramaic meshiha and Heb. mashiah "anointed" (of the Lord), from mashah "anoint." This is the word rendered in Septuagint as Gk. Khristos (see Christ). In O.T. prophetic writing, it was used of an expected deliverer of the Jewish nation. The modern Eng. form represents an attempt to make the word look more Heb., and dates from the Geneva Bible (1560). Transf. sense of "an expected liberator or savior of a captive people" is attested from 1666.
Christ
title given to Jesus of Nazareth, O.E. crist, from L. Christus, from Gk. khristos "the anointed" (translation of Heb. mashiah; see messiah), from khriein "to rub, anoint." The L. term drove out O.E. hæland "healer" as the preferred descriptive term for Jesus. A title, treated as a proper name in O.E., but not regularly capitalized until 17c. Pronunciation with long -i- is result of Ir. missionary work in England, 7c.-8c. The Ch- form, regular since c.1500, was rare before
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
Lagosboy,lets get back to creation.  cheesy
How did it happen?Adam and Eve?who is the creator?
can anyone give me the real english interpretation alongside the meaning of this verse Al-Furqan 25-70.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
masih as the anointed in this case means "wipe over or touched," while jesus ws wiped over in goodness, the antichrist (mashiha al dajjal) is the opposite because he is wiped over in evil. If anointed is such a glorious "title" all that "anointed trees, tones and others" from the Bible must enjoy the same positionof saviorship among the christian as jesus does.

when you read suah baqarah, verse 275, those who consume "Riba" are like if they hae bee beaten by Shaitan to the state of Stupor. the word used for the terrible contact of shatan on this people is "Mass" a derivitiv of Masih. Am sure the christians aremighty happy and elated now. having relatonship with shaitan and dajjal by the special word masiha, masih, mas (miim, siin).
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
Surah Furqn (Chapter 25) verse 70 while talking about thos who used to do evil by disbelief and engaged in evil deeds, but are now full of repentance, avoiding disbelief and doing good deeds, before they died, reads;

Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
except for him who repents, and believes, and acts righteously, from among them [who used to do evil before], for such, God will replace their, mentioned, evil deeds with [replacement of them] good deeds, in the Hereafter [even though mankind may have seen him s a disbeliever, doer of evil deeds, but knowing that he/she changed before death, since they did not see him because they were not near him/her in his last days], for God is ever Forgiving, Merciful, that is, He is ever possessed of such attributes [knowing all things at all times and rewarding all appropriates and in due measures];
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by dexmond: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
@LagosBoy

A muslim man is not allowed to marry unbeleievers in general but he his allowed to marry from the people of the book - Jews and christians.

How will the muslim man keep Muhammed's saying that he should kill the Jews until a stone will cry out there is a Jew hiding behind me? If he marrys a Jew, definitely, the day a sheikh who knows more than he does comes around, he will show him the scripture, and you know what happens next.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by dexmond: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
The ka'aba is a house of God built/rebuilt by Abraham and Ishmael. The spread the word of God to the arabs in their time. However as centuries passed by the arabs mixed idol worship with their faith. They still beleived in God but they worshipped him trhough different idols which had their abode at the ka'abah.

Why did he retain the black stone? Is it not a continuation of the idolatrous practise of the meccans?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
dexmond:

Why did he retain the black stone? Is it not a continuation of the idolatrous practise of the meccans?

The black stone is of absolute no significance in terms of worship. It only has a historical significance in that Abraham PBUH used it as a height in building the kaaba and also used it as a corner stone mark. The stone was left because it was never an idol but a historical landmark.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
ifyalways:

Lagosboy,lets get back to creation. cheesy
can anyone give me the real english interpretation alongside the meaning of this verse Al-Furqan 25-70.

Would inshallah answer you shortly just been damn busy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
dexmond:

@LagosBoy

How will the muslim man keep Muhammed's saying that he should kill the Jews until a stone will cry out there is a Jew hiding behind me? If he marrys a Jew, definitely, the day a sheikh who knows more than he does comes around, he will show him the scripture, and you know what happens next.

the prophet PBUH never ordered to kill jews otherwise there will not be a single jew in Medinah under the authority of islam. The jews will not have found sanctuary under the islamic govts for 1200 years in turkey, spain, and north Africa. The prophet PBUH will never have had any interaction with a jew of which he financial transaction with them and even borrowed money from them.

It is a long term myth and misconception about islam. The hadith exists and it is authentic but its interpretation is there will be a war between the muslims and some of the jews and killings are bound to occur in wars. This prophecy is already happening as in the last 60 odd years the has been a war of which the end is no where in sight.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
ifyalways:

The creation started with Adam and Eve was created thereafter. They lived in paradise before they were sent to earth due to them eating the forbidden fruit. God is the creator of Adam and he breathed his soul into Adam and then commanded the angels and Shaiytan so bow to Adam. This prostration was not because of Adams knowledge neither was it because of his superiority as many people (muslims and non muslims alike) but because Allah breathed his spirit into Adam. This story is wide but let me also add that the mould of Adam had existed before in Paradise and the angels and jinn knew it and recognized it but only became human when Allah breathed into him the soul. Adam is the first human created on earth he cannot be said to be the first human like or animal created as there are other human like creatures in heavens created by Allah even before Adam. Adam PBUh is our father and all generations of humans on earth stem from him and Eve.

And God knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
Lagosboy:

The creation started with Adam and Eve was created thereafter. They lived in paradise before they were sent to earth due to them eating the forbidden fruit. God is the creator of Adam and he breathed his soul into Adam and then commanded the angels and Shaiytan so bow to Adam. This prostration was not because of Adams knowledge neither was it because of his superiority as many people (muslims and non muslims alike) but because Allah breathed his spirit into Adam. This story is wide but let me also add that the mould of Adam had existed before in Paradise and the angels and jinn knew it and recognized it but only became human when Allah breathed into him the soul. Adam is the first human created on earth he cannot be said to be the first human like or animal created as there are other human like creatures in heavens created by Allah even before Adam. Adam PBUh is our father and all generations of humans on earth stem from him and Eve.

And God knows best.

i.e. it is simply a quranic regurgitation of Genesis 1
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 7:05am On Mar 24, 2010
Lagosboy:

The black stone is of absolute no significance in terms of worship. It only has a historical significance in that Abraham PBUH used it as a height in building the kaaba and also used it as a corner stone mark. The stone was left because it was never an idol but a historical landmark.

Well said my friend. . . .but tell me . . .why then do Sunnis accuse Shias of idolatary because Shias attach historical significance to tombstone of prophets, and other items of Islamic history ??   undecided

This is hypocrisy if you ask me  sad

dexmond:

@LAWAL

Your explanation here looks logical.

But I Still Have a question.[s]Did Muhammad suffer from a mental condition?[/s]
Very silly question. ,  . .when will people learn to respect themselves ? Stop all these rubbish !!
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2010
ifyalways:

The explanation of the verse i will summarise.

In quranic science we have a topic called asbab u nuzul. This means the reason or cause of revelation. In Bukhari Vol 6 hadith 344 “ a group of pagans who have associated partners with Allah killed unjustly and committed zina extensively came to the Prophet and enquired about accepting islam and wondered what would expiate their sins, purify and cleanse them of their past evil deeds in order to be muslims.” Then the verses came down in Surah Furqan Q25 the most relevant ones are in 68 -70

“And those who invoke not any other ilâh (god) along with Allâh, nor kill such life as Allâh has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment[].
69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
Not only was this verse another verse reveled in Q39 v 53

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
54. "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.

The simple meaning like I told you before IFY if you remember is the moment u accept Islam all your past bad deeds shal vanish and you open a new chapter in your life. The opportunity is there for you wide open please do not delay as delay and procrastination is always the bane of success.

I am curious what led you this verse as it relates perfectly to our discussions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.