Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. (37331 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 9:00am On Mar 24, 2010
illusion2:

Well said my friend. . . .but tell me . . .why then do Sunnis accuse Shias of idolatary because Shias attach historical significance to tombstone of prophets, and other items of Islamic history ?? undecided

Majority of sunnis as far as I know do not accuse the shia of idolatory for simply attaching historical significance to tombs of prophets as both sunnis and shia visit the Prophet PBUH grave in medina. What some sunnis I think accuse not only the shia of but also the extreme suffis who are also sunnis is pilgrimage to the graves of saints to pray to the person in the grave and believing he can help. Visit to tombs is perfectly alright but using the tomb as a qibla as in praying towards the tomb is where it becomes idol worship. You need to understand some basics issue in tawheed and fiqh before you might be able to fully grasp where I am coming from IMO but if you did understand then that’s really cool as I don’t want to dig deep into the subject it is a real debate in the last 700 years especially since the days of shaykul islam imam ibn Taymiyaah RA.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2010
Praying to the dead isn't acceptable to most religious beliefs,as we all look up to God.
But you must know that Mohammed ibn Abd-al-Wahhabi,the man that started the currently dominant view of Sunni islam- destroyed most of the historical sites of Islam & is on record as wanting to destroy the home of the prophet himself. shocked shocked shocked

This is part of the problem with religion generally,people never take time to understand other people's point of view & are quick to read evil into another's intentions.

Saddam Hussein(Sunni) also destroyed many of the shia sites in Najaf as well,based on his perception of right & wrong

My point is that I agree with you that historical sites are very important as a way of further strengthening one's beliefs & no one should think otherwise, let alone destroy them,

I recall the day I visited the baptismal site of Jesus in Jordan and washed my face with water from river jordan,it was a deeply spiritual & fulfilling experience. But some other person might think I was 'worshipping these landmarks of biblical history ( embarassed
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ronkeenuf(f): 10:36am On Mar 24, 2010
illusion2:

@Ronke,how come no other 'prophet' was referred to as THE annointed(Al masih) in the Qu'ran including the holy prophet?

Al Masih(Arabic)=mashiah (Heb)=Messias,Christos(Greek) = Messiah,the Christ (english)

There's a difference between 'to annoit','annointing' & THE Annointed !

Yekini was our messiah in Tunisia 1994 nations cup,but he's not THE Messiah (Al Masih)- as quoted in the relevant Sunnah above,just like you have numerous gods & God !

@illusion, every prophet has his unique title just as Jesus (PBUH) was the anointed, Mohammad (PBUH) was Al Mustapha, the chosen.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Lagosboy: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
illusion2:

Praying to the dead isn't acceptable to most religious beliefs,as we all look up to God.
But you must know that Mohammed ibn Abd-al-Wahhabi,the man that started the currently dominant view of Sunni islam- destroyed most of the historical sites of Islam & is on record as wanting to destroy the home of the prophet himself. shocked shocked shocked

This is part of the problem with religion generally,people never take time to understand other people's point of view & are quick to read evil into another's intentions.

Saddam Hussein(Sunni) also destroyed many of the shia sites in Najaf as well,based on his perception of right & wrong

My point is that I agree with you that historical sites are very important as a way of further strengthening one's beliefs & no one should think otherwise, let alone destroy them,

I recall the day I visited the baptismal site of Jesus in Jordan and washed my face with water from river jordan,it was a deeply spiritual & fulfilling experience. But some other person might think I was 'worshipping these landmarks of biblical history ( embarassed

Of course i know Abdul Wahab RA but point of correction is that his views are in no way near the dominant view in sunni islam and even his some of his ideas never started with him but with Shaikul islam ibn Taymiyyah that is why i traced the issue to 700 years. Abdul wahhab came in the last 150 yrs and was a scholar and made mistakes like every one he took some issues to real extreme although we should remember the situation at that time was dire as in muslims will worship the grave and sacrifice at grave and all sorts so there needed to be a radical approach to direct the muslims back to the real path. that i swhy i make excuses for some of his views but i diasgree with modern scholars who take all his views verbatim and apply it now. May Allah bless the hardwork of Abdul Wahhab and ibn taymiyyah.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
Lagosboy:

The creation started with Adam and Eve was created thereafter. They lived in paradise before they were sent to earth due to them eating the forbidden fruit. God is the creator of Adam and he breathed his soul into Adam and then commanded the angels and Shaiytan so bow to Adam. This prostration was not because of Adams knowledge neither was it because of his superiority as many people (muslims and non muslims alike) but because Allah breathed his spirit into Adam. This story is wide but let me also add that the mould of Adam had existed before in Paradise and the angels and jinn knew it and recognized it but only became human when Allah breathed into him the soul. Adam is the first human created on earth he cannot be said to be the first human like or animal created as there are other human like creatures in heavens created by Allah even before Adam. Adam PBUh is our father and all generations of humans on earth stem from him and Eve.

And God knows best.

Tks but hey,back it up with verses form the Quran so i can look it up and confirm at my own time.
was man ie Adam created from sand too?or a blood clot [96:1-2], water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54], clay [15:26], dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11], nothing [19:67], a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37].Explain the above verses for me pls smiley
Lagosboy:

The explanation of the verse i will summarise.

In quranic science we have a topic called asbab u nuzul. This means the reason or cause of revelation. In Bukhari Vol 6 hadith 344 “ a group of pagans who have associated partners with Allah killed unjustly and committed zina extensively came to the Prophet and enquired about accepting islam and wondered what would expiate their sins, purify and cleanse them of their past evil deeds in order to be muslims.” Then the verses came down in Surah Furqan Q25 the most relevant ones are in 68 -70

“And those who invoke not any other ilâh (god) along with Allâh, nor kill such life as Allâh has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment[].
69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
Not only was this verse another verse reveled in Q39 v 53

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
54. "And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.

The simple meaning like I told you before IFY if you remember is the moment u accept Islam all your past bad deeds shal vanish and you open a new chapter in your life. The opportunity is there for you wide open please do not delay as delay and procrastination is always the bane of success.

I am curious what led you this verse as it relates perfectly to our discussions.

Dalu Lagosboy.
I wud tell u all abt the verse in camera.
A song for you tongue enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pATaSc7Csdo&feature=PlayList&p=753AB7A420144FE2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2010
@Ifyalways: am going to read the response of lagosbobo to your many inquires about creation of mankind frm nothing (dust, water combo dont have power do they amount to anything?), Adam thefirst to be created from dust, dirt, earth ad wate combo, the cildren of Adam (humans) created from sperm, water, blood clot, etc (stages of te result of sperm and egg mixing together before they actually become and resemble little human being.

i took a look at the video that recommended. though a good song, i believe the message was lost on her; what perfect way does the singer assume that God wants mankind to worship Him so that we have a process of mercy and means of forgiveness from Him? Do we just worship by prayer in regular times, but in tme of great need prostrate our face, cry, weep, beg, supplicate, etc to God as Jesus did in the Garden at the time of his extreme need?

if we prostrate our faces, like Jesus did the ame way muslims do every day, then we are either "believers at this time" or are we disbelievers at this time? if we are believers, then the othe times that we pray differently, w are liars and or hypocrites. the position of liars and hypocrites are dire with God. thats a fact. I will rather follow the way Jesus was shown to pray at the time of his intensed need, because it shows that it is the way he sincerely prayed, otherwise, we are not truly following Jesus, except that we are pretenders.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lagosboy:

Of course i know Abdul Wahab RA but point of correction is that his views are in no way near the dominant view in sunni islam and even his some of his ideas never started with him but with Shaikul islam ibn Taymiyyah that is why i traced the issue to 700 years. Abdul wahhab came in the last 150 yrs and was a scholar and made mistakes like every one he took some issues to real extreme although we should remember the situation at that time was dire as in muslims will worship the grave and sacrifice at grave and all sorts so there needed to be a radical approach to direct the muslims back to the real path. that i swhy i make excuses for some of his views but i diasgree with modern scholars who take all his views verbatim and apply it now. May Allah bless the hardwork of Abdul Wahhab and ibn taymiyyah.
Oh, Imam Ibn Taymiyyah. . . awon alfa agba niyen. . .I admire that scholar no be small. He is an encyclopedia of Islamic knowledge. I always look out for his works translated into English and I have learnt alot from them.
May Allah continue to bless him.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Ifyalways: am going to read the response of lagosbobo to your many inquires about creation of mankind frm nothing (dust, water combo dont have power do they amount to anything?), Adam thefirst to be created from dust, dirt, earth ad wate combo, the cildren of Adam (humans) created from spermatozoa, water, blood clot, etc (stages of te result of spermatozoa and egg mixing together before they actually become and resemble little human being.

i took a look at the video that recommended. though a good song, i believe the message was lost on her; what perfect way does the singer assume that God wants mankind to worship Him so that we have a process of mercy and means of forgiveness from Him? Do we just worship by prayer in regular times, but in tme of great need prostrate our face, cry, weep, beg, supplicate, etc to God as Jesus did in the Garden at the time of his extreme need?

if we prostrate our faces, like Jesus did the ame way muslims do every day, then we are either "believers at this time" or are we disbelievers at this time? if we are believers, then the othe times that we pray differently, w are liars and or hypocrites. the position of liars and hypocrites are dire with God. thats a fact. I will rather follow the way Jesus was shown to pray at the time of his intensed need, because it shows that it is the way he sincerely prayed, otherwise, we are not truly following Jesus, except that we are pretenders.
i really dont get u undecided
Lagosboy angry angry angry
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
ifyalways:

i really dont get u undecided
My exact reaction cheesy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 1:23am On Apr 23, 2010
@J, angry
illusion2:

My exact reaction cheesy
haha.sup?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
ifyalways:

@J, angryhaha.sup?
I dey. . . na lagosboy disappear o !
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
illusion2:

He is doing lesser hajj
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 6:51am On Apr 24, 2010
agabaI23:

He is doing lesser hajj
ok. . . wink
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2010
illusion2:

True that!
Lagosboy,where are u?
@Illusion so whats happening in ur ends?u a convert yet or u still have doubts and questions?
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
ifyalways:

@Illusion so whats happening in your ends?u a convert yet or u still have doubts and questions?
Conversion is not possible,like I have said . . .I have my doubts on the foundation of Islamic theology.

However,I am much more open/understanding & respectful of genuine muslims & I can now largely differentiate from actual Islamic obligations and cultural inferences(e.g Zamfara senator marrying a 13 year old ).

What about you? Are you getting married to an Alhaji? undecided
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by agabaI23(m): 12:31am On Apr 30, 2010
illusion2:

Conversion is not possible,like I have said . . .I have my doubts on the foundation of Islamic theology.

However,I am much more open/understanding & respectful of genuine muslims & I can now largely differentiate from actual Islamic obligations and cultural inferences(e.g Zamfara senator marrying a 13 year old ).

grin grin grin
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 7:20pm On May 03, 2010
illusion2:

ROFL.
hahahahahaaaaaaaa cheesy
Getting married to an Alhaji is an impossibilty.
I hope Lagosboy has not been banned. undecided
Like u,i still have doubts and unanswered questions.
We can as well proceed with our questions wink
I heard recently that on the last day,everyone wud be judged by his deeds as recorded by the 2 angels assigned to everyone.One records good deeds while the other records the bad deeds and if ur good deeds surpass the bad ones u wud be given entrance to heaven.
i dont know how true that is(lagosboy is not here to help us) but assuming its true,what do u think?Methinks that one dont then need to pray or go to mosque,just keep doing good and u are there.lol
agabaI23:

grin grin grin
Onye asiri cheesy
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 8:25pm On May 03, 2010
ifyalways:

I heard recently that on the last day,everyone wud be judged by his deeds as recorded by the 2 angels assigned to everyone.One records good deeds while the other records the bad deeds and if your good deeds surpass the bad ones u wud be given entrance to heaven.
i dont know how true that is(lagosboy is not here to help us) but assuming its true,what do u think?Methinks that one dont then need to pray or go to mosque,just keep doing good and u are there.lolOnye asiri cheesy
True,but quote the relevant sunnah for enlightenment
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 12:21pm On May 04, 2010
@Ifyalways: It was a pity you did not get my point in my last post. The point was this; the Bible reported that Jesus in many instances, especially at the time of his prayers for the removal of the "crucification cup" in the garden of geshemane, he prostrated his face and spoke in begging, praising, etc of the God that sent him. Such a prayer must have been the most important and the sincerest from him to God. It has to be more desired than "The Lord's Prayer" prayed at anytime. Afterall, he didnt pray it at the Garden's most crucial prayer deserving time, asking God to spare him of the impending death.

We see that the muslims pray just like Jesus prayed at the garden. The muslims and Jesus who prostrated their faces must be most God conscious at this time, showing the greatest reverence to God. This was my point; Those who pray like Jesus prayed at the garden are quite in higher level of spiritual consciousness than those who are praying the Lord's prayer, everytime, all the time, without ever prayed like Jesus of the Garden.

Now, Good work, alone, without belief in the Oneness of God in Islam will amount to nothingness in the day of Judgement. You have to be Muslim, first and observe the five daily prayers, compulsory and the voluntary charities, fast, and hajj as long as you can. Coupled with your good deeds, then it is only then that the good deed(s) have any effect. Read Verses 3 to 5 of Surah Baqarah. Read Surah Asr's verse 2. And any place where you find good deeds playing any part, you will find that islamic belief: One God, Alone without association, Salah daily Prayers, Zakah, Fast, hajj, belief in the day of Judgement, belief in destiny, belief in the Unseen(s), is foremore Important, and the good deeds in a supporter of the Islamic belief.

Otherwise, if good deed alone, in itself sufficient for paradise, then what good is Islamic belief, and indeed the religion? Nor doing evil is good deed. What is most important in all of the above is the sincere belief in GOD as Islam prescribes the belief. If you die after this simple sincere belief, you have attained success. If you do not belief in the GOD in Islam, as it has been prescribed, you could have made a trillion Salah, etc, you are a hypocrite. And if you do not belief in Islam and does not observe any of its tenets, you you do a trillion amount of goods in a single day, you are an open disbeliever.

May GOD open you heart to receive His Mercy, if you are sincere in your search. Amiin.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by illusion2: 3:48pm On May 04, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Ifyalways: It was a pity you did not get my point in my last post. The point was this; the Bible reported that Jesus in many instances, especially at the time of his prayers for the removal of the "crucification cup" in the garden of geshemane, he prostrated his face and spoke in begging, praising, etc of the God that sent him. Such a prayer must have been the most important and the sincerest from him to God. It has to be more desired than "The Lord's Prayer" prayed at anytime. Afterall, he didnt pray it at the Garden's most crucial prayer deserving time, asking God to spare him of the impending death.

We see that the muslims pray just like Jesus prayed at the garden. The muslims and Jesus who prostrated their faces must be most God conscious at this time, showing the greatest reverence to God. This was my point; Those who pray like Jesus prayed at the garden are quite in higher level of spiritual consciousness than those who are praying the Lord's prayer, everytime, all the time, without ever prayed like Jesus of the Garden.

Stop quoting the Bible. . . its 'corrupted' tongue
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 05, 2010
@illusions,lol.hes just trying to show you you how badly corrupted it is,cos you people are spiritually blind to see
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 11:59pm On May 05, 2010
@Illusion2: « #307 on: Yesterday at 03:48:50 PM »
Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 12:21:11 PM

Stop quoting the Bible. . . its 'corrupted'[/quote}look again. I did not quote the Bible. If I did I will let you know or if you can show me te Biblical verse; Book, Chapter and Verse. Now, the bowing/prostrating of face that Jesus did is in agreement to all that Quran speaks about him (AS), being a slave, a creation, a human being, a prophet and messenger of Allah. You need to read the Quran and since you live in Germany, the many Masajid in that Vaderland are enough witnesses against you before your Creator, though He Alone is Enough as Witness.

@uplawal (f): « #308 on: Today at 09:45:12 PM »
@illusions,lol.hes just trying to show you you how badly corrupted it is,cos you people are spiritually blind to see
May Allah reqard you greatly for your explanation and intended appeal to the heart of illusion2. Everything is illusion to disbelieving heart.

I wish you a happy married life; Great believing children that will be one of the avenues for you to enter Paradise.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by hymen(f): 2:42pm On May 06, 2010
uplawal:

Spiritual ? undecided

What do muslims know about the spiritual ??
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ayettymama(f): 3:09pm On May 06, 2010
^^ unno no them catch evil holy spirit?? lolz at ur username!!
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 2:00pm On May 07, 2010
nopuqeater:

Now, Good work, alone, without belief in the Oneness of God in Islam will amount to nothingness in the day of Judgement. You have to be Muslim, first and observe the five daily prayers, compulsory and the voluntary charities, fast, and hajj as long as you can. Coupled with your good deeds, then it is only then that the good deed(s) have any effect. Read Verses 3 to 5 of Surah Baqarah. Read Surah Asr's verse 2. And any place where you find good deeds playing any part, you will find that islamic belief: One God, Alone without association, Salah daily Prayers, Zakah, Fast, hajj, belief in the day of Judgement, belief in destiny, belief in the Unseen(s), is foremore Important, and the good deeds in a supporter of the Islamic belief.

Otherwise, if good deed alone, in itself sufficient for paradise, then what good is Islamic belief, and indeed the religion? Nor doing evil is good deed. What is most important in all of the above is the sincere belief in GOD as Islam prescribes the belief. If you die after this simple sincere belief, you have attained success. If you do not belief in the GOD in Islam, as it has been prescribed, you could have made a trillion Salah, etc, you are a hypocrite. And if you do not belief in Islam and does not observe any of its tenets, you you do a trillion amount of goods in a single day, you are an open disbeliever.

May GOD open you heart to receive His Mercy, if you are sincere in your search. Amiin.
Thanks for dropping by again.
I have never read abt Jesus prostrating(like present day Muslims) in my Bible,care to point out the exact verse undecided
Well,as it seems u know much abt Good deeds and salvation,i have 2 questions for u:
Is there really a sunna verse that says that '2 angels are with all of us recording or bad and good deeds" .If yes pls quote.
If the surah really exists,then dont u think the Quoran is contradictory ?
illusion2:

True,but quote the relevant sunnah for enlightenment
wish i knew it.
@Uplawal,pls keep ur comments civil.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by cola: 5:23pm On May 07, 2010
ifyalways:

ROFL.
hahahahahaaaaaaaa  cheesy
Getting married to an Alhaji is an impossibilty.
I hope Lagosboy has not been banned.  undecided
Like u,i still have doubts and unanswered questions.
We can as well proceed with our questions  wink
I heard recently that on the last day,everyone wud be judged by his deeds as recorded by the 2 angels assigned to everyone.One records good deeds while the other records the bad deeds and if your good deeds surpass the bad ones u wud be given entrance to heaven.
i dont know how true that is(lagosboy is not here to help us) but assuming its true,what do u think?Methinks that one dont then need to pray or go to mosque,just keep doing good and u are there.lol

hi ify,
I just thought since Lagosboy has gone 'awol'  smiley, I might try to provide some insight to the question you asked.

Yes it is true that we all have two angels detailed to record our good deeds and bad deeds. but this in any way does not contradict any injunction of the Quran.

The good deeds referred to here include our going to the masjid (mosque) to pray and all other good stuffs that we do. Failing to establish the prayer is indeed a bad deed.

In fact, the best good deed is the act of establishing prayers at its valid time in the mosque.

The two record keepers (angels) are described as 'Kiraaman Kaatibeen', (most noble scribes). They don't miss a tiny detail.

The scribe for good deeds is eager to write good for us and even at the stage of contemplation, or the mere thought of doing good, he records a good deed for us already! (this is what Allah (swt) has commanded him). When and if we actually do the deed, he records multiple! This is Allah's Mercy. If we contemplate a bad deed but we refrain from doing it, he goes on to record a good deed for us!

The scribe for our bad deeds however is not so eager to write our bad deeds. If we do a bad deed, he does not write and leaves ample opportunity for us to realize we have done bad so we can regret and seek forgiveness of our Lord, Allah (swt). If you follow it up with another bad deed without regretting and seeking forgiveness for the previous one, then he records that previous bad deed (he records only one). This is Allah's (swt) Mercy on his servants.

I hope I've been able to put this issue in the proper perspective for you, Ify, and other readers interested.

And Allah (swt) knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by cola: 5:48pm On May 07, 2010
It is also important to realize that the importance of salaat (establishing the prayer and going to the masjid) is such that it is the first of our deeds that will be examined before our Lord. If a person is found deficient in his salaat, there would be little or no need to look at other stuffs he comes with

If a person is found adequate in his salaat, then he has 'scaled the highest hurdle'.

may Allah (swt) overlook my error.

Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by macomrades(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2010
Assalamu alaikum. I stumbled upon this thread yesterday and decided to read all ten pages of it before posting.
Alhamdulillah Ify (and other seekers of truth and light) conducted themselves in a manner that reminds me of early muslims. Ify, maybe you should find time to attend Islamic study circles (depending on where you live) in addition to this thread.
For all those who disrespect others and/or other religions, i say we all stop as i think no religion condones such (if you are an atheist, polytheist, agnostic or whatever your beliefs and values are, please common sense and civility should guide our conduct).
Finally, i want to commend all muslims here who are explaining Islam to others, may Allah (swt) reward you abundantly an keep your intentions sincere but we are forgetting to add phrases like '', Allah knows best'', at the end of our posts.
And Allah knows best.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Casfan123: 1:59am On May 09, 2010
Islam is a false religion.dey are all terrorists and evil.why did dey bomb world trade center.why do dey like sheding innocent blood.why do like distroying.can somebody answer me
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by ifyalways(f): 12:17pm On May 13, 2010
cola:

hi ify,
I just thought since Lagosboy has gone 'awol'  smiley, I might try to provide some insight to the question you asked.

Yes it is true that we all have two angels detailed to record our good deeds and bad deeds. but this in any way does not contradict any injunction of the Quran.

The good deeds referred to here include our going to the masjid (mosque) to pray and all other good stuffs that we do. Failing to establish the prayer is indeed a bad deed.

In fact, the best good deed is the act of establishing prayers at its valid time in the mosque.

The two record keepers (angels) are described as 'Kiraaman Kaatibeen', (most noble scribes). They don't miss a tiny detail.

The scribe for good deeds is eager to write good for us and even at the stage of contemplation, or the mere thought of doing good, he records a good deed for us already! (this is what Allah (swt) has commanded him). When and if we actually do the deed, he records multiple! This is Allah's Mercy. If we contemplate a bad deed but we refrain from doing it, he goes on to record a good deed for us!

The scribe for our bad deeds however is not so eager to write our bad deeds. If we do a bad deed, he does not write and leaves ample opportunity for us to realize we have done bad so we can regret and seek forgiveness of our Lord, Allah (swt). If you follow it up with another bad deed without regretting and seeking forgiveness for the previous one, then he records that previous bad deed (he records only one). This is Allah's (swt) Mercy on his servants.

I hope I've been able to put this issue in the proper perspective for you, Ify, and other readers interested.

thanks alot.
@Macomrades,uw.Im expecting to see more of u here.
Casfan123:

Islam is a false religion.dey are all terrorists and evil.why did dey bomb world trade center.why do dey like sheding innocent blood.why do like distroying.can somebody answer me
where did u jump out from
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by nopuqeater: 1:41pm On May 13, 2010
@Ifyalways:
Thanks for dropping by again.
I have never read abt Jesus prostrating(like present day Muslims) in my Bible,care to point out the exact verse
Matthew 16/verses 39 thru 44 will show you that jesus made same prayer 3 times, on the same night. You will see that in verse 39, Jesus prostrated his face on the ground.

Well,as it seems u know much abt Good deeds and salvation,i have 2 questions for u:
Is there really a sunna verse that says that '2 angels are with all of us recording or bad and good deeds" .If yes pls quote.
there is nothing called sunnah verse. Sunnah writing is the same as hadith, both outside the Quran, explaining or actualising Quranic verse[s] as applicable. There are many verses in the Quran that speak to the angels assigned to the recording of deeds of man, 2 sets of angels, chamging shift at Asri and Fajr times. Each set has 2 angels. One on the right side recording good deeds, even the thought of it, lacking ability to carry it out. The one on the left recording bad deed, only when you perform it, and unrepentance. Below are number of Quranic verses and a couple of Sunnah explanations to help us understand:

There are angels responsible for guarding people throughout their lives.

“For each (person), there are angels in succession, before and behind him. They guard him by the Command of God.” (Quran 13:10)

“. . . and He sends guardians (angels guarding and writing all of one’s good and bad deeds) over you . . .” (Quran 6:61)

“Or do they think that We hear not their secrets and their private counsel? (Yes We do) and Our Messengers (appointed angels in charge of humankind) are by them, to record.” (Quran 43:80)

“(Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after he or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions). Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).” (Quran 50:17-18)

“But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of humankind) to watch you,Kiraaman (honourable) kaatibeen - writing down (your deeds).” (Quran 82:10-11)

The angels record in an honourable yet strict manner. Not a single word is left unrecorded. However, as always, God’s mercy is evident. Prophet Muhammad explained that God has defined and gave details about the methodology of recording good and the evil deeds. “Whoever intended to do a good deed, but did not do it, it is written for him as a complete good deed. If he actually performed the good deed then it is written as ten good deeds, or up to seven hundred times or more. If a person intended to do an evil deed, but did not do it, it is written as a good deed, while if he entertained the thought and acted on it, it is written as a single evil deed.”[2]

Renowned Islamic scholar Ibn Kathir commented on Quran 13:10-11 by saying, “Each person has angels who take turns in guarding him by night and day, who protect him from evil and from accidents, just as other angels take turns in recording his deeds, good and bad, by night and by day.”

“Two angels, on the right and the left, record his deeds. The one on the right writes down good deeds and the one on his left writes down evil deeds. Two other angels guard him and protect him, one from behind, and one from in front. So there are four angels by day and four others by night.”

Apart from the four angels constantly with each human being, guarding, and recording, other angels continually visit human beings. In his traditions, Prophet Muhammad reminds his followers that they are constantly being visited by angels. He said, “Angels come to you in succession by night and day and all of them get together at the time of the Fajr (early morning) and Asr (afternoon) prayers. Those who have passed the night with you (or stayed with you) ascend (to the Heaven) and God asks them, though He knows everything about you well, “In what state did you leave my slaves?” The angels reply: “When we left them they were praying and when we reached them, they were praying.”[3] They gather to witness the prayer and listen to the recited verses of Quran.

If the surah really exists,then dont u think the Quoran is contradictory?
How do you come to this conclusion? Should there not be recorded book for our deeds? Allah the Almighty had a perfect way of dealing with His creations. And He restricts Himself from many things, one is not being unjust to us all, having the angels to witness against us, and Witness for Him of His Mercy, Justice. Allah is Enough to handle all affairs. However He honors Himself that the Angels testify to His Mercy by the manner in which the Book of deeds of man, and many other things are decided.
Re: Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 13, 2010
@IFY,all prophets prostrated before Allah,all infact all,even the prostration then was more than the ones we do today,it was Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) that begged that begged God on our behalf so it can be reduces to some amount

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? / Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.