Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana (1177 Views)

EFCC Re-arraigns American Over $1.2m ‘green Card Fraud’ / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo / Guyana - Nigerian Held Without Bail For $1.5M Credit Card Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by ojlifa: 3:11am On Jan 27, 2017
Police investigators were called to a local travel agency on Thursday after a Nigerian national purchased several airline tickets with credit cards that appeared to have been stolen.

Investigators have arrested Nigerian national, Ikechukwu Otiko.

The man reportedly used stolen credit cards over a period of time to buy airline tickets for a number of persons in and out of Guyana through the travel agency.

The agency became aware of the fraud after it was contacted by a U.S based credit card company, which flagged all of the purchases. By this time, many of the persons had already used up the tickets that Otiko had bought for them with the fraudulent cards.

Sources close to the investigations told News Source that it appears that the credit card numbers would be stolen online and fake credit cards would be made in neighbouring Brazil and dispatched Otiko in Guyana. He would then use the cards to make various purchases. Many of the real owners of the cards live in the US and other parts of the world and immediately contacted their credit card companies when they saw the Guyana purchases.

A few weeks ago, the owners of King’s Jewellery were forced to call in investigators as another Nigerian national attempted to commit a fraud on the company’s main branch using stolen credit cards. The man and another friend had reportedly made a number of gold jewellery purchases from the company’s Giftland location using fake credit cards.

The company became aware of the fraud when it was also contacted by US owned credit card companies. An official at Kings Jewellery told News Source that the same two men visited the company’s Quamina Street headquarters to make purchases and were recognised and an alarm was raised.

The two have since appeared before the courts on a number of immigration related charges. It is unclear whether they are linked to the man who was arrested today.

Another store at the Giftland Mall also found itself victims to the Nigerian fraudsters, after two of them used a number of fake and stolen credit cards to make hundreds of thousands of dollars in purchases. The company was also contacted about the fraud by a US credit card company.

There is a Nigerian Association in Guyana and this evening the group is distancing itself from the “bad eggs”.

In a statement to News Source the group said “we members of the Nigerian community are not in support of anybody who conducts criminal activities,it has been brought to my attention that a credit card fraud syndicate has come into Guyana and I speak on-behalf of hard working Nigerians,that we support every effort to expose such persons to save our good name.”

http://newssourcegy.com/news/nigerian-national-held-in-credit-card-fraud-probe-after-purchasing-scores-of-airline-tickets-with-stolen-credit-cards/
Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by Sibrah: 3:18am On Jan 27, 2017
Dumb criminal . . .
Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by 40kobo77: 3:25am On Jan 27, 2017
Ikechukwu

Our

Hard

Working

Brother.

I know,and yes we are jealous of him and that is why he got bursted.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by able20(m): 3:29am On Jan 27, 2017
Guyana again, na Wa oh!
Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 27, 2017
He's not Nigerian....
Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by chukxie(m): 3:47am On Jan 27, 2017
Not again..For Guyana ! Nigeria has become the scum of the earth because of criminals tarnishing its name! Those bastards should be killed! Bloody low-life wankers!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by Wasky101: 5:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Igbos no dey hear word

1 Like

Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by HtwoOw: 7:28am On Jan 27, 2017
I was going to say something incitive, make fun of people but then I thought to myself, why ??

I'll simply say na dem
Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by Coolgent(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2017
Flats head tarnishing our country image since 1860

Re: Nigerian National Held In Credit Card Fraud In Guyana by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2017
people frm d oda side of d niger no dey disappoint.
dey don add stealing of credit cards join drug trafficking . rising sun people i salute una for d hardwork una dey do.lom

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Defies Military Blockade In Ebonyi State / Cash Turn To Paper In Gtbank Wuse Abuja / A Guy Killed As A Result OF Street Fight Between Two Guys (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.