Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 PM

OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria (23139 Views)

Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine / OOU Produces Best Ever Medical Student / OOU Produces 43 First Class Graduates, 41 Phd Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2017
grin

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by drinkgarri: 7:31am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
Best ever medical student, can he proves it?
Learn how to celebrate someone achievement or do you want to be a failure

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2017
AbuadStudent:

lol..the medical education here is tougher than theone offered abroad fam
Hmmmm
What I know is that it is cheaper to produce Doctors here compare to US or UK.
Training of Doctors is far better in the State than what is obtainable here in Nigeria.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Ezedon(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2017
I wish you the same
VIPERVENOM:
undecided
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by drinkgarri: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
Learn how to appreciate someone achievement or do you want to remain a failure
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Lagbaja01(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
can you proves it? #olote

2 Likes

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by morscino: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2017
Chromosome finally did it!...

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by gretblue: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
You urgently need to prove your own grammar first, before asking others to do such.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by cannary: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2017
my alma mata has always been known for producing best medical students in Nigeria,so proud of u!
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by vroom(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Dis one CV Don dey sell... No matter how good a Nigerian doc is... E go still be quack for Yankee

I strongly disagree....they are best hands

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by stasius: 7:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Dr Alabi congratulations.

Meanwhile start preparing for USMLE.
THATS THE WAY FORWARD NOW!! !
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Sunkyphil(m): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
he can dat guy is good we did nd together
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by deenee: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2017
AbuadStudent:

lol..the medical education here is tougher than theone offered abroad fam

On the contrary the one abroad is way tougher. How many dead bodies did he dissect while in school?

No be to cram text pass oh.

I wish him the best though
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by slowbreeze(f): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2017
Saheed9:
OLABISI Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, has graduated 43 First Class graduates including an overall best ever medical student, Dr. Saheed Alabi.
The varsity also produced 41 Ph.D graduates, 379 masters degree holders, 110 postgraduate diploma, 811 second class upper, 2,319 second class lower and 1192 third class, just as it recorded 20 passes in its combined 2014/15, 2015/16 convocation ceremony.
The Vice Chancellor, OOU, Professor Saburi Adesanya, who disclosed this ahead of its 35th anniversary and convocation slated for January 31, also said that 5,809 will graduate.
Graduands with passes
Adesanya said the graduands were the first set of students that were admitted in 2012/13 academic session, saying they were graduating as at when due. The VC, while speaking on the results of the students, said the graduands with passes may be the last people that would obtain such results in OOU.
According to him, in future, students that are not doing well in their chosen disciplines, may be advised to move to other areas where they stand a chance of finishing with better grades than passes. He said the action was in line with the National Universities Commission, NUC, standard which has abolished the pass degrees.
However, the VC disclosed that the varsity’s Senate has approved that a special degree award be conferred on the overall best graduating student, Dr. Saheed Alabi, from the Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences of OOU who had distinctions in seven courses out of 10 in the College of Medicine.
He said “In the anal of the institution, nobody has ever had such sterling result. Also, Senate has approved the introduction of new programmes such as Bsc. Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Estate Management, Building Technology, Radiology and Music as part of growth.”
He said the facilities and manpower for the new programmes were already on ground while consultation was ongoing with the NUC to commence teaching of those courses by next academic session. Religious Knowledge (Education) and History (Education), he said, had not been accredited by the NUC. He blamed the problem on low patronage of the three disciplines by students but assured that the university has started putting measures in place to attract more students in future.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/oou-produces-best-medical-student-nigeria/

I rushed to read d topic to know d criteria used to determine who was d best medical student in Nigeria;since dis is d first time I'm hearing of such.Pls Op;change ur title asap.Every med college produces a best graduating student in d school every year.Every mallam wit him kettle. And besides actual medical practice is different ball game.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Baba4dgals: 8:02am On Jan 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Congrats Dr. Saheed. I hope you will stay and practice in Nigeria.

We have lost the best doctors to brain drain. A lot of them making lives better for the Oyinbos
Best doctor in theory aspect

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Davifeghe(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2017
it's not private university??
Nothing is fresh there,
they can give anybody degree, master degree, doctor, professor, phd as they set,
funny thing about that, they can give somebody who can not even prove it,
the school belong to a Yoruba person, the best graduate is a yoruba, see ojoro
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by verygudbadguy(m): 8:15am On Jan 27, 2017
Baba4dgals:
Best doctor in theory aspect

Are you for real?

Have you heard or read about Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye. He had his first degree at OAU.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/fg-hails-nigerian-doctor-u-s-successful-operation-unborn-baby/

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Papasland21: 8:16am On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=sweetkev post=53166683]Can any good thing come out from OOU?? grin[/quote

Yes, and it's happening during your lifetime.

Praise God.]
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Walecoker65(m): 8:20am On Jan 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Congrats Dr. Saheed. I hope you will stay and practice in Nigeria.

We have lost the best doctors to brain drain. A lot of them making lives better for the Oyinbos

Yes. Ooo even if it's just Buhari ear he go dey treat grin
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by verygudbadguy(m): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2017
Walecoker65:

Yes. Ooo even if it's just Buhari ear he go dey treat grin

Lol. You be bad person walahi.

1 Like

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Alaskum: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2017
OOU WITH LAMBA DEGREE
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
You think medicine and surgery is like any other course in Nigeria It is a well regulated course.... That 7 distinction should be applauded.. not to be ridiculed
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Baba4dgals: 8:28am On Jan 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Are you for real?

Have you heard or read about Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye. He had his first degree at OAU.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/fg-hails-nigerian-doctor-u-s-successful-operation-unborn-baby/
And where did he had his other degrees ?

Besides I can't see where it was mentioned that he had his 1st degree in oau
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by verygudbadguy(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2017
Baba4dgals:
And where did he had his other degrees ?

Besides I can't see where it was mentioned that he had his 1st degree in oau

https://www.bcm.edu/people/view/oluyinka-olutoye-m-d-ph-d/b22d4ce2-ffed-11e2-be68-080027880ca6
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by danilmo: 8:36am On Jan 27, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Dis one CV Don dey sell... No matter how good a Nigerian doc is... E go still be quack for Yankee

quack.nawa for u sha
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by danilmo: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2017
jeeqaa7:

quack.nawa for u sha

naija will never appreciate what they have
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Iskra: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2017
I would say congratulations to him for the feat...Having said that, I generally think that considering the sometimes subjective nature of our educational clime, I give more credibility to those who come out tops without having any cultural ties to the university of their graduation. this is not to say many genuine firsts dont abound, who are also indigenes of the univesrity towns or states they attended but a lot goes down other that scholastic excellence in many of our tertiary institutions. Sometimes your name or language spoken is enough to give you a smooth ride and passage to being the best as against it always being your brain power. when your achievements comes down to your name or tribe, then we should collectively unhinge the mindset of best in this or that. More so because these same firsts by association and not merit go on to be the problem in the larger society where they favor tribe and culture over excellence and merit to the continuous detriment and decay of society

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Baba4dgals: 8:49am On Jan 27, 2017
verygudbadguy:

https://www.bcm.edu/people/view/oluyinka-olutoye-m-d-ph-d/b22d4ce2-ffed-11e2-be68-080027880ca6
So u tink it's because of d 1st degree dat he had in Nigeria that makes him to do that kind of surgery

Frm wat I see in ur link out of 7 or 8 degrees he had, he only had 1 in Nigeria and others outside Nigeria....

Tell one Nigeria doctor that had all his degree in Nigeria to coman perform same surgery na undecided
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by famosh: 9:06am On Jan 27, 2017
grin
pfijacobs:
Pls change ur headline.. He's not d best medical student in Nigeria. But in oou. Dem don beat that record tire for luth... Thank u
Man of God! grin
pfijacobs:
Pls change ur headline.. He's not d best medical student in Nigeria. But in oou. Dem don beat that record tire for luth... Thank u
Man of God!
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by lakefist(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:

You just murdered English
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by pfijacobs(m): 9:35am On Jan 27, 2017
famosh:
grin
Man of God! grin
Man of God!
ow far who b dis? Make I run?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unizik Admission Status / B. Sc. vs HND: An Unsettled Case? / Nigerian Law School Bar II 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.