Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. (7227 Views)

Naira Appreciates By 2.1% To Close At 374 Per Dollar / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Which Bank ATM Works For International Transaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by sphinx54: 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
Caleb5:
Uba Africard should work.
UBA is a scam! Their cards don't work fr both online transactions and POS. Always says daily limit exceeded. Called customer care and I was told MasterCard Inc controls the daily limit. That I should try early in the morning daily. Can u imagine? So why aren't Access and GTB being given the so called daily limit? Mumu people.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by DokitaDave(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
cmoney22222:
Pls keep us posted on the UBA card

Hello everyone. Trust your day has been good.

I promised to get back to you relating to the UBA debit card.

Following the assurances I was given by UBA that I will be able to use its debit card for international transaction, I eventually opened an account with UBA and i got a MasterCard. I tried to make payment with the card on different websites (Skrill and Cryptonit) but transactions failed.

I went to one of their branches to lodge complaint and I was told I needed to "activate the card for web payment" before I could make international online transactions . To do that, I was told to write a letter stating some of my details. After I wrote the letter and submitted it, the customer care staff that attended to me said I should give the bank 48 - 72 working day hours for the activation to happen. That day, I returned home happily with the hope that my card will be able to do the needful soon.

After 3 working days, I still could not transact with the card. I called the bank's customer care line (CFC) and complained. The guy that attended to me told me he could see that the activation process was on. He said I should wait for another 48 hours which I did. Lo and behold, 48 hours passed, no positive feedback. I called in again, I was told to be patient that the bank is working on my request. Apparently, it looked to me the customer care line was not going to be responsive to my issue.

Still in search of resolution, I engaged @UBAgroup and @UBAcares on Twitter and I gave the bank some of my details upon request. I was told my card was activated and I should make payment with it later that day. Unfortunately, it didn't work still. I reported back and I was told to try doing my transaction very early; sometimes around 12:00am in order to beat the rush for the limited available forex. I stayed up for 2 different days hoping to beat the said rush, but still couldn't pay with my card.

To cut my epistle 'short', UBA disappointed me big time and even ruined a transaction I already hinged the card payment on. Even the Internet Banking details I was sent are not valid for login and the bank keeps telling me nonsense. I never thought UBA to be this weak and poor until I had reasons to do business with it. I promise to dump the bank sooner or later.

So, for now, your GTB MasterCard and Access Bank VISA card will do international online payments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by cmoney22222: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Thnk boss for the update. Wanted to get one to. Well, its an hell no for me 0
DokitaDave:

Following the assurances I was given by UBA that I will be able to use its debit card for international transaction, I eventually opened an account with UBA and i got a MasterCard. I tried to make payment with the card on different websites (Skrill and Cryptonit) but transactions failed.

I went to one of their branches to lodge complaint and I was told I needed to "activate the card for web payment" before I could make international online transactions . To do that, I was told to write a letter stating some of my details. After I wrote the letter and submitted it, the customer care staff that attended to me said I should give the bank 48 - 72 working day hours for the activation to happen. That day, I returned home happily with the hope that my card will be able to do the needful soon.

After 3 working days, I still could not transact with the card. I called the bank's customer care line (CFC) and complained. The guy that attended to me told me he could see that the activation process was on. He said I should wait for another 48 hours which I did. Lo and behold, 48 hours passed, no positive feedback. I called in again, I was told to be patient that the bank is working on my request. Apparently, it looked to me the customer care line was not going to be responsive to my issue.

Still in search of resolution, I engaged @UBAgroup and @UBAcares on Twitter and I gave the bank some of my details upon request. I was told my card was activated and I should make payment with it later that day. Unfortunately, it didn't work still. I reported back and I was told to try doing my transaction very early; sometimes around 12:00am in order to beat the rush for the limited available forex. I stayed up for 2 different days hoping to beat the said rush, but still couldn't pay with my card.

To cut my epistle 'short', UBA disappointed me big time and even ruined a transaction I already hinged the card payment on. Even the Internet Banking details I was sent are not valid for login and the bank keeps telling me nonsense. I never thought UBA to be this weak and poor until I had reasons to do business with it. I promise to dump the bank sooner or later.

So, for now, your GTB MasterCard and Access Bank VISA card will do international online payments.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by iebanehita(m): 5:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Obinnau:
how much is fcmb dollar exchange rate

Its 409.98ngn. Still high but that's what I was charged last week.

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Timi1990(m): 8:06am On Feb 20, 2017
iebanehita:

Its 409.98ngn. Still high but that's what I was charged last week.

Please what is the daily or monthly limit for FCMB bank ?
Thanks
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 8:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Timi1990:

Please what is the daily or monthly limit for FCMB bank ? Thanks
100$
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Gentlevin: 9:54am On Feb 20, 2017
PLS GUYS I WANT TO MAKE AN ONLNE PURCHASE. PLS WHATS GTB'S CURRENT CHARGE FOR TODAY?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Gentlevin:
PLS GUYS I WANT TO MAKE AN ONLNE PURCHASE. PLS WHATS GTB'S CURRENT CHARGE FOR TODAY?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Are you a salary earner?
Do you work and live in Lagos?
Do you earn from 100k and above?
Do you have an urgent need of cash,but your salary is not enough to bail you out? Don’t waste time thinking too far. At Zedvance Limited, we will get you a quick loan within 24 hours after document verification.
No collateral, no hidden charges
Get as much as 3 million naira within 24 hours
Call/Whatapp me on 08151014421 or send an email to Oluwashola.lasekan@zedvance.com.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
DokitaDave:

my biggest mistake is getting their visa debit card...

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Chimasin: 7:29pm On May 01, 2018
Hello, please I have an Fcmb account,that's all I got but I need to receive around 3000 pound from UK. What information do I need to send to my sender
Any other informations I need?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 01, 2018
$3500 Amazon Gift Card needed urgently @ #287/$ flat rate, no further bargain.
Check my signature and chat up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your FREE Paypal Guide For Sending And Receiving Online Payments Here / Where To Buy Bitcoins, Selling Perfect Money, Neteller And Solid Trustpay / BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.