Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) (30199 Views)

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sar33: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2017
Ambode vows to preserve Lagos historical, cultural heritage

Commissions newly upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Friday expressed the resolve of his administration to continue to preserve cultural and historical sites across the State and develop them to international standard to boost tourism, employment generation and relaxation.

Governor Ambode, who stated this while commissioning the newly upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain in Lagos Island, said many initiatives have been perfected by the State Government to scale up the tourism potentials of the State, especially through upgrade of infrastructures and preservation of monuments in the State.

The Governor, who was represented by the Special Adviser and Acting Commissioner of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Hon Adebimpe Akinshola, said the decision to renovate Tinubu Square was informed by the need to upgrade it to a level that befit the status of the Lagos Central Business District (CBD).

Besides, he said the development was also part of the plan of his administration to develop the Marina and Onikan axis to world class tourism destination.   

Speaking further on the site, the Governor said: “All over the world, monuments are erected as a way of preserving human history and upholding societal values and ethics. They are testament of selfless leadership, valor and bravery of great men and women who have contributed significantly to the development of mankind.

“As we all know, this magnificent monument was erected in memory of a valiant woman, Madam Efunroye Tinubu, the first Iyalode of Egbaland and one of the greatest merchants of colonial Lagos.

“It is a celebration of her exploits in the business world and contribution to the foremost status to which our State has attained in the world of commerce and for us as a government and in line with our administration’s commitment to harness the tourism potentials of our State, historical monuments such as this will continue to be given a face lift and outlook.”

The Governor, however, appealed for the cooperation of residents in ensuring the protection of the site against vandalization and distortion of its historical and tourism value, saying that it was the collective responsibility of all to preserve the rich cultural and historical heritage in the State for the present generation and generations yet unborn.

In his remarks, Sole Administrator of Lagos Island East Local Council Development Area (LCDA), Hon Abiola Are said the upgrade of Tinubu Square was a demonstrable evidence of the clear vision and passion of Governor Ambode for development and preservation of historical heritage in the State and urged the people to continue to support the Governor.

He recalled the dilapidated state of the site before the intervention of the Governor, saying that it was a good thing that the government was thinking in such direction.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/ambode-commissions-newly-upgraded.html?m=1

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sar33: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2017

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 28, 2017
I am patiently waiting for some people to condemn this first only to go and copy it.

Like they childishly copied the Ikoyi link bridge

But them no get am sha.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project
I said it, children of hate will condemn it first but wishing deep down their heart that their governors would copy it.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by madridguy(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2017
Nice one Ambode.

Sai Baba health on my mind, you're always on my mind and prayer sir. Wishing you speedy recovery.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sarrki(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2017
God bless Ambode

God bless Bola Akanbi Olodode Tinubu

Eko onibaje

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by PoliticalThuG(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2017
Nonsense project

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by SFSNIPER(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2017
Ambode my man. GOD BLESS YOU.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by bbm2016(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2017
This is lovely. .. I wish all governors could do this
Instead they carry thier big belle abd embezzle the money

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sarrki(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2017
bbm2016:

Especially ikpeazu

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ba7man(m): 8:45am On Jan 28, 2017
Fresh. cool
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Donexy16(m): 8:46am On Jan 28, 2017
Lagos is becoming more and more beautiful.. God bless gov. Ambode.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ba7man(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project
This project is killing you, abi?

The pain is real!!! grin

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by overall90: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by bettercreature(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2017
bbm2016:
south west governors are doing it unlike their SS/SE counterparts who only care about their pocket

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project

They will definitely show up

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Pavore9: 9:04am On Jan 28, 2017
Reminded me when we were taught in primary school about the exploit of Madam Efunroye Tinubu in the 19th century in whose honour the square was set up.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ConcNiggress56(f): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Nairaland has 3,333,333 topics and counting. the topic that made that number was a foolish post but I was the one to capture it anyways.

How many likes do I get??

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by sylviaeo(f): 11:21am On Jan 28, 2017
B

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by CXLVII: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2017
Lagos leads... others follow

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Royalfurnitures: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2017
Hope it'd be maintained regularly else it'd still get dilapidated before long.

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by lawal28c: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project
what is ur view?
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Deem: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Does this project needs to be comissioned again..Mediocrity at its peak

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ginajet(f): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Network
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by CXLVII: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project

Undocumented immigrant spotted!

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Ayhomes(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
hello Sir,do you have land in Lagos ? There is an opportunities for you to do so now especially in Ibeju lekki we have estate selling for 700k and some 800k 2mins drive from Dangote Refinery check my profile for more sir.
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by HemHma(f): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2017
A
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by DrChukzy(m): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Bolustic:
I am patiently waiting for some people to condemn this first only to go and copy it.

Like they childishly copied the Ikoyi link bridge

But them no get am sha.

Who are these "some people" and"ur brothers" that you normally mention

Are you afraid to mention their names?
Or did they collect your rightful benefit??

I have a feeling that you are too old to always book space and be the first to comment

I guess Your Eko Atlantic city plan was shown to your guvnor in his dream right

Grow up.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by MAYOWAAK: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2017
The amalgamation of Nigeria was proclaimed by Lord Lugard on that spot on January 1st 1914.It was then known as COURT SQUARE.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by tundeotunba(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Nice
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by garriguy: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Take it or leave it, the new Lagos started with tinubu.

To know all about Garri processing business, check my topics or visit www.garriprocessing..com

Pictures From Apc Rally In Akwa Ibom Today. / Lagos Demolishes 84 Gated Streets / Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka